Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 00:25   Link #101
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
lmao. Man, this anime is really good...I like it a lot more than Slam Dunk :x

It was nice to see some of the other Serei team members, I hope they get fleshed out more. Honestly, this is one of my favorite series this season.

And yeah, fucking yaoi implications. lol. The audience is shonen, so what are these guys trying to do here :x
Fudanshi exists, and they're awesome people! That's not the point though, I don't think the target demographic's just purely shounen. Even if it is, from a male perspective the BL undertones are still great, I find the seme/uke modeling fun. This is an awesome manga to read if you want to understand a bit more.

I digress though, BL doesn't always mean gay (in fact most fujoshi doesn't like "real homosexual" relationships [source: one of Mizoguchi Akiko's reading]), and the undertones here actually help the series I'd imagine sales wise. As long as the series is not devoted to it, the undertones are perfectly acceptable in my opinion. Like in the cases of say Aquarion EVOL, I think M/M pairing actually work out better than M/F pairing despite being a "normal" series in terms of gender love.

I know you probably said that as an off hand comment, so I apologize if I end up babbling too much
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 00:43   Link #102
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
lAnd yeah, fucking yaoi implications. lol. The audience is shonen, so what are these guys trying to do here :x
What are you talking about man? Shounen stuff are the ones most susceptible to fujoshi advances (outside of straight up BL stuff)... as they usually have the highest male:female character ratio, so anything 'friendship' can be seen as something more. Naruto, Bleach, and yes, even sports genre is not immune to it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 00:51   Link #103
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Fudanshi exists, and they're awesome people!

I know you probably said that as an off hand comment, so I apologize if I end up babbling too much
Nah it's okay, haha, it was kind of an offhand comment though, as I don't really care too much about the implications anyway.

I was actually under the impression that shows catered to a female audience like Shojous and Josei would be the series with BL and fujoshi, but I guess I'm not really an expert when it comes to these terms..hahah :P
Old 2012-04-29, 07:56   Link #104
ookamigirl

The exciting game continues.
Kuroko & Kagami make a great team!
Kise was being a total jerk at times.
After Kuro's injury... things went from bad to worse, but his determination was amazing.
Guess he just doesn't give up even when injured.
Amazing game with well deserved outcome!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 15:36   Link #105
Katapan
俺様祭り

!!!!! The seiyuu for certain future characters are apparently to be announced in the next manga chapter and were leaked yesterday? It completely slipped under my radar and I just picked that up on a random blog, and the report seems pretty unlikely to be a dud. I won't comment to avoid spoilers but I get the feeling it'll work veeeery well. Though I would have completely died if they gave Aomine Suzumura instead but that is complete EVOL bias, ahem.

Akashi - Kamiya Hiroshi
Aomine - Suwabe Junichi
Murasakibara - Suzumura Kenichi
Momoi - Orikasa Fumiko

And uh, yeah... they're announcing Akashi now? Meanwhile, I will keep on patiently waiting for Kiyoshi...
Old 2012-04-29, 17:24   Link #106
Ayumi08
Neko Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

And uh, yeah... they're announcing Akashi now? Meanwhile, I will keep on patiently waiting for Kiyoshi...
Huh, are they planning to animate that far by announcing Akashi? They should have announced Kiyoshi first though. I'm going to be very disappointed if for some reason, Kiyoshi won't appear. No fair really cos he's my fav. Seirin player, aside from Kuroko.
Ayumi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:29   Link #107
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kudos to I.G. for bringing back Sakai Noa (Kouki from Usagi Drop) for one line this week...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:25   Link #108
brocko

I knew that kid sounded familiar from somewhere!

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:46   Link #109
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what i still don't understand is how accidentally slapping someone causes them to bleed or did he hit the floor with his head?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 00:38   Link #110
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
what i still don't understand is how accidentally slapping someone causes them to bleed or did he hit the floor with his head?
It didn't look like a slap to be - it looked like he caught Kuroko with an elbow, or at least a forearm.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:03   Link #111
brocko

It was a backhand. No elbow or forearm was shown connecting at all. Kuroko is just incredibly soft.

A little disappointed the show isn't more basketball accurate (both animation and content wise) but w/e. Basketball shows are few and far between so I'll take what I get until the second upcoming of Slam Dunk! (or if ever lol )

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:27   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It was a closed-hand blow (10:45 or so) - somewhere between a punch and a slap - right above the eye. If you've ever watched boxing you know there's very little muscle mass there and it cuts easier than anywhere else on the face. That part at least wasn't at all unrealistic - you see similar types of injuries in basketball all the time. Kise is a big, strong kid.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:29   Link #113
NK_500
Disabled By Request

I saw the first episode and I decided not anymore. No offense to the fans but I think it will degenerate itself into bishounen fanservice show rather than a good basketball show. Just my honest opinion though.

If you want to see a good basketball anime and I recommend you Slam Dunk. Unfortunately SD died long time ago and the author already said he buried SD for good(of his own).
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 06:00   Link #114
Katapan
俺様祭り

After Kimura Ryouhei's lovely interpretation of Kise, MawaPen fans might be pleased to know that Kimura Subaru (Kan-chan) is getting a role in KuroBas as well!

...except you may be in for a surprise when seeing the character he'll be voicing. (I suppose manga readers would get it if I simply called him "dad"~)
Old 2012-05-03, 06:07   Link #115
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
I saw the first episode and I decided not anymore. No offense to the fans but I think it will degenerate itself into bishounen fanservice show rather than a good basketball show. Just my honest opinion though.

If you want to see a good basketball anime and I recommend you Slam Dunk. Unfortunately SD died long time ago and the author already said he buried SD for good(of his own).
And you can tell all of this just from 1 episode

I, for, one still waiting for our tanned basketball overlord... This show might be not a authentic basketball show, but there's a lot of move that shown are the bball fantatic wettest dream, the author is clearly Slam Dunk and basketball highlight reel fanatics. The game gonna a lot more fun when the dark skinned character in the OP makes a appearance.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:44   Link #116
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Slam Dunk all the way!! It's a lot humorous, serious, and has more character development than KnB.

KnB on the other hand is too "unrealistic and exaggerated" for my taste. Kinda like Prince of Tennis perhaps. Or Hajime no Ippo (at least HnI is badass because it's a combat sport).
Old 2012-05-03, 09:08   Link #117
Kakkou
Tch.

Until Kurobas has a basketball move that causes the extinction of the dinosaurs, it's got nothing on TeniPri in the unrealistic & exaggerated department.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-05-03 at 10:04.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:21   Link #118
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I just noticed that Riko (the head coach for Seiren) is voiced by Chiwa Saito. o__o

I couldn't tell at all, seeing how I'm so used to her as Homura Akemi and Senjougahara
Old 2012-05-03, 15:30   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... I'm still stuck with her Aika voice...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:17   Link #120
Excorsism

I didn't realize this while reading the manga but Riko is so damn cute.

Tags
comedy, shounen