AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 12:41   Link #6981
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I had been watching the Bruce Lee story but one thing I want to know is how long was the fighting arts practiced in the United States prior to the 'Kung Fu Boom'?
Old 2013-05-22, 06:35   Link #6982
Haiprbim
Banned

I have a question regarding the Touhou Project here.
Touhou Project is originally a Shoot-up game (Danmaku), but in 2008, an OVA was created regarding it.
My question is, were there any Anime TV series released about it?

Thanks in front!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 06:56   Link #6983
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I have a question regarding the Touhou Project here.
Touhou Project is originally a Shoot-up game (Danmaku), but in 2008, an OVA was created regarding it.
My question is, were there any Anime TV series released about it?

Thanks in front!
Not at this time. You can find some fan animations, but there hasn't been anything official.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:12   Link #6984
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

And probably there won't ever be. IIRC, ZUN's reaction was a bit bland about that anime project which used a lot of famous seiyuus. Something along the line of "let's not make Touhou too commercial" or something like that.
Old 2013-05-22, 22:49   Link #6985
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Has anyone been sale associate before? I am not really what would you call sociable and I don't what to expect.
Old 2013-05-23, 04:26   Link #6986
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Has anyone been sale associate before? I am not really what would you call sociable and I don't what to expect.
Just some quick hands and fast counting skills.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 21:16   Link #6987
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Depends on the store really. I was a sales associate at WalMart for electronics, and had my hand at several other departments as well. Depending on what department you're placed in, it's really just important to be able to respectfully answer questions from your customers. Also, expect the job to be boring and have you dealing with a lot of stocking and "zoning" (making things look pretty on the shelves) merchandise if things are slow.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:26   Link #6988
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I am thinking about reading the epics of Dante, Kafka and Milton but I have some reservations. I don't any thing about these poems except from I gather from the wiki and this very site, I want to read the poems but I am not too sure about them. What should I know about them? Should I read these epics?
Old 2013-05-28, 01:54   Link #6989
HasuMasu
*Artist

Just go for it, no reason you can't drop part-way through if you can't go on.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 11:41   Link #6990
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

is there any fully translated visual novel on the psp?
Old 2013-05-29, 02:20   Link #6991
HasuMasu
*Artist

Corpse Party, I think.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 14:26   Link #6992
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Just as the title says, can anyone recommend me some books and essays on existentialism? I don't intend to read every essay I can because I had seen the bibliography of Jean Paul Sartre and Albert Camus and my library doesn't have all of them. I am just looking for recommended reads and essays so that I know where to start and if possible show me links to their essays so that I read them.

Please PM.
Old 2013-06-09, 18:32   Link #6993
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Are there any famous newspaper mangas? Or do people generally don't care about it?
Old 2013-06-09, 20:06   Link #6994
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I am thinking about reading the epics of Dante, Kafka and Milton but I have some reservations. I don't any thing about these poems except from I gather from the wiki and this very site, I want to read the poems but I am not too sure about them. What should I know about them? Should I read these epics?
If you try them and they're too daunting (even in English, reading centuries old English can be a chore for many) -- there are the Spark Notes and Cliff Notes.

I'd strongly suggest reading Annotated versions of Dante and Milton for sure.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:32   Link #6995
ices
Working Hard

My friend **ahem** has two acounts with different email in here. The first one are unused since he forgot the pasword and the email itself. The second acount is what he currently use now. Is it possible for him to recover and merge his first acount with the second one?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 23:36   Link #6996
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
My friend **ahem** has two acounts with different email in here. The first one are unused since he forgot the pasword and the email itself. The second acount is what he currently use now. Is it possible for him to recover and merge his first acount with the second one?
PM the admin group and see what they have to say or post a request in the Forum & Site Feedback subforum.
Old 2013-06-10, 02:19   Link #6997
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A NSFW question:

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2013-06-10, 10:37   Link #6998
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

What's the deal with specifying the blood types of certain characters and almost all seiyuus?

Endless "Bloody" Soul
Old 2013-06-10, 10:50   Link #6999
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
What's the deal with specifying the blood types of certain characters and almost all seiyuus?

Endless "Bloody" Soul
I think some Asian believe the blood type dictate one personality. So it kinda gives an insight about her character
Old 2013-06-10, 14:50   Link #7000
Guernsey
The GAP Man

There was a Youtube video on the topic on why exercising is bad. While that video is played for humor, it did nevertheless had a good point about working out with your buddies. You know it can be really discouraging when you are exercising in a gym, you struggling to do an exercising while your friends can workout as if there were machines. You are struggling with a routine but your friends can routines easily and without much effort, you feel really embarrassed about this and it it actually discourages you from going to a gym. What do you do about this? You may not hate your friends but it is embarrassing to see yourself struggle while your friends can the routines easier.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious