AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2005-12-29, 01:54   Link #81
Taylor--
!

I would have thought the grown up Kairi scene is obvious... speaking of spoilers, IceAlchemy you spoiled a bunch from 1 for those that haven't completed it yet.
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:21   Link #82
Cueil

it's obvious that if you haven't finished one you should come to a thread that is talking about it's squel
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 13:45   Link #83
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Well, I'm pretty sure people have already seen/know about this, but I'm quite ecstatic about the announcement (which I just found out today), so I kinda felt I had to make a post about it. The NA release date of KHII has finally been set...for March 28th. Whoo...only 37 days to go! There was also some news about the VAs.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/686/686880p1.html
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 22:16   Link #84
shikamarufoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
Did anyone notice how Lance Bass from N'Sync did the voice acting for sephiroth? first of all, Lance Bass' voice does not match sephiroth one bit. Second of all, why would someone pay a big celebrity to do like 2 lines total? i mean sephiroth doesn't really say much at all other than "ugh"
^Never knew that, I agree it doesn't really match
I've never been able to beat Seiphiroth, only tried twice at lvl 55, then got frustrated and skipped all sidequests and beat the game . After that I've never played it, but I am think of trying to play it again and beating that damn Seiphiroth. I remember on Gamefaqs someone had tried to get to lvl 99 in the beginning where you fight Tidus, Waku, and Selphie. That's crazy!!!
At first when I read about KH1, I disliked the idea and grew to not even thinking about getting the game. Then the idea of Disney/Squaresoft eventually grew on me and I caved in on buying it (only $25 on eBAy lol)
As more and more info comes through for KH2 I grow more and more eager to play one of the most anticipated game of the year to me, aside from the Zelda game for GC which has been delayed time after time.
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 19:55   Link #85
Cookichu

I can't wait for this game to come out. I've been anticipating it ever since I saw the trailers for the game. I'm glad I've been watching anime for so long because it helped me understand the majority of what was being said in the trailers when it didn't have any subtitles.

The intro for the game looks amazing...

Spoiler for Intro:

And yay! It comes out in March. That is so close to being here...but the thing is...I think it comes out around the time my exams start...phooey...but I'll still get it and play it between studying I suppose. So excited for this game. I haven't played Chain of Memories...does anybody think that will take away from the KH2 experience? Because I'm really hoping it won't. I basically know what happened in CoM though...and hopefully that will be enough...
Cookichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:19   Link #86
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I played CoM. Playing as Riku really helped open up his character. I though he was kinda inaccessible, since he spent most of the first game being jealous and manipulated. Since he's by himself for a big chunk of his run-thrpugh, you get to see how he think a bit better. If you can get a GBA and the game for cheap, I say play it.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:05   Link #87
Cookichu

I was thinking of getting it. My brother has a Nintendo DS and apparently you can play GBA games on it. The game costs around $20-30 the last time I checked I think. Not sure. I'm interested in playing it because you get to play as Sora and as Riku...if I'm correct. I saw the ending clips of the game because I got curious...and I never thought I would get the chance to play it.

But I am interested in getting to know Riku better...so now that you've told me that...I probably will end up getting the game...thanks Veritas
Old 2006-02-14, 00:06   Link #88
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
I played CoM. Playing as Riku really helped open up his character. I though he was kinda inaccessible, since he spent most of the first game being jealous and manipulated. Since he's by himself for a big chunk of his run-thrpugh, you get to see how he think a bit better. If you can get a GBA and the game for cheap, I say play it.
Thing us...

Spoiler:
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 00:35   Link #89
Kouji
StrykerX

Also, with the cast revealed for FFVII: AC (like Tifa's Rachael Leigh Cook & Mena Suvari's Aerith). We could also be getting the same actor to do Cid & Sephiroth as well for KH2.
Old 2006-02-14, 04:10   Link #90
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
We could also be getting the same actor to do Cid & Sephiroth as well for KH2.
YES!!! Lance Bass was awesome!!!

Really I'm not joking, he did a really fine job grunting and taking hits. I'm sure he'll do fine, and he sounds like a Bishi Sephy.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 10:47   Link #91
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Lets say it was released (US ver) and I am to buy the game,
but I never played KH1, would I understand the story? lolz -_-
maybe I could just read about the story of the first one somewhere ^_^
Don't feel like buying the first one
D3athScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 11:11   Link #92
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
YES!!! Lance Bass was awesome!!!

Really I'm not joking, he did a really fine job grunting and taking hits. I'm sure he'll do fine, and he sounds like a Bishi Sephy.
Uh, I don't think you got what I was putting down. What I meant was. We would probably get the same actors that did Cid and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Sephiroth was voiced by George Newbern. And like with the FFVII: AC movie. We might get the same actor for Sephiroth in KH2. For Cid, it's also possible that we could get Chris Edgerly.
Old 2006-02-14, 12:46   Link #93
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3athScythe
Lets say it was released (US ver) and I am to buy the game,
but I never played KH1, would I understand the story? lolz -_-
maybe I could just read about the story of the first one somewhere ^_^
Don't feel like buying the first one
Well, you'll definitely be confused by certain aspects of the game if you decide to skip the first one, since KHII is a [somewhat] direct sequel to KH (in a manner of speaking...KH: CoM is the direct sequel, but you don't have to have played CoM to be able to enjoy KHII apparently). You could just read about the stuff off some fansites, and it'll probably give you enough to go on that you can play KHII without a perpetual question mark above your head as to what's going on, but imho, nothing can replace playing through the game yourself and watching the plot unfold.

And yeah, the intro is amazing. I've watched it a good dozen times already probably (at least)...and I'll probably be watching it more and more as the release date creeps closer. I just recently got KH: CoM for $29.99 CDN, so it's a pretty decent price. Still not that far into it due to work and...work (fansubbing). Hopefully I can finish it before KHII comes out, lol.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 14:12   Link #94
Cookichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
Thing us...

Spoiler:
Who is it then...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
KH: CoM is the direct sequel, but you don't have to have played CoM to be able to enjoy KHII apparently). You could just read about the stuff off some fansites, and it'll probably give you enough to go on that you can play KHII without a perpetual question mark above your head as to what's going on, but imho, nothing can replace playing through the game yourself and watching the plot unfold.

And yeah, the intro is amazing. I've watched it a good dozen times already probably (at least)...and I'll probably be watching it more and more as the release date creeps closer. I just recently got KH: CoM for $29.99 CDN, so it's a pretty decent price. Still not that far into it due to work and...work (fansubbing). Hopefully I can finish it before KHII comes out, lol.
So you don't need to play CoM to understand what's going on? Yea, I already did go to this KH site that has clips of the CoM game on it. I already know basically what took place in it. But I agree that it is so much better to actually play the game and see what happens yourself.

I watched the intro over and over again too. Also watched some the trailers a lot too. Yea...I thought it would be around that price. The thing is...I'm going to have to find a way to steal my brother's DS so I can buy the game and play it...although I'll probably end up playing it after I've played KHII....lol

And I don't know if anybody else mentioned this yet but apparently the voice actor for Roxas is going to be Jesse McCartney (interesting....)
Old 2006-02-14, 14:46   Link #95
sayde

You should just download a GBA emulator and the CoM rom and play it that way. Saves loads of time, and money.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 14:52   Link #96
Cookichu

I could...but I would much rather buy it...

I don't really like playing games on my computer...besides...my comp memory is being used for various shows and anime (as well as school work...)
Old 2006-02-14, 15:47   Link #97
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookichu
I could...but I would much rather buy it...

I don't really like playing games on my computer...besides...my comp memory is being used for various shows and anime (as well as school work...)
Wow. Bless your heart. Seriously. Good for you. I applaud those who've resisted the temptation of simply playing that game on an emulator.

but if your computers memory is all that's stoping you then I wouldn't worry about it. Both the emulator and the rom shouldn't take up more than 15mb combined. (I forgot how large the CoM rom is.)

Anyways, that's all I've got to say. I suppose borrowing someone elses DS or GBA is a plausible resort. Just don't go out and purchase a DS or GBA for this game alone because as decent as this game is, it's not worth all that money.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:52   Link #98
Taylor--
!

Well on CoM, I have it and played around 6 hours and got tired of it. It was really boring to me. But since KH2's coming in a month or so I might as well give it another go..
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 22:51   Link #99
aahhsin

Quote:
Did anyone notice how Lance Bass from N'Sync did the voice acting for sephiroth? first of all, Lance Bass' voice does not match sephiroth one bit. Second of all, why would someone pay a big celebrity to do like 2 lines total? i mean sephiroth doesn't really say much at all other than "ugh"
And why are you judging Lance Bass after only "ughs"? I don't even know what's the big deal with Bass doing the voice anyways. You're just hating on him because he was from N' Sync. You don't even know how much he was paid for doing the voice acting. They could easily payed the guy that does Brock's voice on Pokemon. And you wouldn't know his name and could care less.

Just because he was in N' Sync doesn't mean he's not a good voice actor. Look at Mark Hammil. He played Joker to perfection in Batman's animated series.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:07   Link #100
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Just because he was in N' Sync doesn't mean he's not a good voice actor. Look at Mark Hammil. He played Joker to perfection in Batman's animated series.
Actually it doesn't sound like he was saying Lance is a bad voice actor... just that he was a bad choice for Sephiroth...
Anime Fans complaign about poor english dubbing all the time... the only difference between the dubbing in KH and the dubbing in otther games and anime series is that we actually know the name of the voice actor...

Quote:
why would someone pay a big celebrity to do like 2 lines total?
That's a real no brainer... celebrities sell better
It's a fact of modern life...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote