AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-28, 23:18   Link #541
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I believe since he was a child. Manipulating in the shadows.
yeah I pay attention to the wiki I've tried my hand at editing for it. I believe Dniv is on there too. Those ranks man! lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 23:25   Link #542
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I believe since he was a child. Manipulating in the shadows.
yeah I pay attention to the wiki I've tried my hand at editing for it. I believe Dniv is on there too. Those ranks man! lol
That was a while ago lol. I haven't edited it recently... Though I might end up helping a bit if another anime season comes out... or if my Japanese vastly improves while I am in Japan (too busy trying to make my own novel series idea... )

As far as Touma's memory loss goes... I'm not too sure if it would help his case if he did that... it would just make him look vulnerable right? Though I don't know. I think he should do it soon, and it would be awesome if something like that happened, but it would probably be a "hate me even more signal."

Though given the current situation it doesn't seem like he has that much to lose.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 23:30   Link #543
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

lol Yeah he is putting everything on the line. For all his wanting to go back to his 'normal' live he does what comes natural to him and is trying to save a girl. But at least this way if and when the dust is settled and everything's out in the open the 'world' can end up understanding Touma; and to an extent Othinus.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 23:32   Link #544
Chosen_Hero

I remember when I got introduced to this series, by chance I started watching an anime I picked at random and it hooked me from the first episode.

I, then proceeded to marathon the whole first season and Railgun season 1 and when I finished them, season 2 was a few days away from ending. After season 2 ended I started to look around for more info and stumbled upon baka-tsuki and the LN series and started reading from vol. 14 on.

By the time I caught up to New Testament NT.5 was about a few days from releasing. After that I kept following the LN and found out that Railgun manga was ongoing after having seen Railgun S, so caught up with it also.

After that I decided to skulk around forums and finally decided join animesuki (although at first I had a different username).

Trust me when I say that TAMNI/NT/Railgun is/are my favorite series of all time I truly mean it.
Old 2014-04-28, 23:55   Link #545
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I remember when I got introduced to this series, by chance I started watching an anime I picked at random and it hooked me from the first episode.

I, then proceeded to marathon the whole first season and Railgun season 1 and when I finished them, season 2 was a few days away from ending. After season 2 ended I started to look around for more info and stumbled upon baka-tsuki and the LN series and started reading from vol. 14 on.

By the time I caught up to New Testament NT.5 was about a few days from releasing. After that I kept following the LN and found out that Railgun manga was ongoing after having seen Railgun S, so caught up with it also.

After that I decided to skulk around forums and finally decided join animesuki (although at first I had a different username).

Trust me when I say that TAMNI/NT/Railgun is/are my favorite series of all time I truly mean it.
Pretty much my story right here, except I got hooked up from the second episode, when Touma outsmarted Stiyl with sprinklers and decked him in the face.

I only got really addicted to the series after checking out the LN, though, marathoning the whole thing all the way up to WWIII (I think it was up to NT 2 at the time), and now I await each new volume with glee.

Must admit I used to think of it more as a guilty pleasure, and of good ol' Touma as an enjoyable but merely ok guy, but after NT9, SCREW THAT. Top 5 character and series material right here.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 00:04   Link #546
omega253

*peeks in at discussion*

Huh, it's getting lively here.

Honestly, I don't know how I got into Index. One thing lead to another and I ended up here at Anime Suki.

I only joined last year like Stark and dniv, but I've been lurking around since NT5's release.

As for Touma's memory loss, it wouldn't actually matter to most people that he'd be facing. It would only affect a few such as Index (maybe Stiyl and Kazaki because they can't for the life of them figure out how he could hide it), Mikoto, and the people he knew before the memory loss.

He's facing some people who he'd met after the entire memory destruction had taken place (example: Orsola, Agnese, Birdway, Ollerus). It's not like he had known them at all prior to meeting Index and plunging himself into the Magic Side's affairs.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 00:07   Link #547
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
My big moment for when I started to consider Touma a favourite was in the sister's arc. Where Mikoto is pleeing for help on the bridge and he walks up to her and asks what the hell she's doing. Was perfect in novel and anime.

Great timing. Really well done and made me believe his whole "hero" stance.
Maybe I should rewatch/re-read that one of these days, I do remember liking it, thought to me the moment that made me start to really like Touma was pretty much the whole of his involvement in WWIII. He was fine before, but then he was just awesome.
Old 2014-04-29, 00:30   Link #548
Miraluka
Banned

Vol.1 and 2 were enough to make me like Touma, didn't need anything else.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 00:37   Link #549
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
@Requiem and Hiss: yeah WW3 made him absolutely at his top and then with NT he just kept growing and growing with the pinnacle being 9 right now. Hands down a fantastic build up since OT1.
And now Touma is back doing what he does best: fighting against impossible odds for the sake of those who didn't even ask for help. One or way or another, I'm going to like this volume.
Old 2014-04-29, 00:45   Link #550
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
And now Touma is back doing what he does best: fighting against impossible odds for the sake of those who didn't even ask for help. One or way or another, I'm going to like this volume.
Aye. I'm not hard to please, which I'm glad about, so I'm just revelling in the hype with less than 2 weeks to go.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 02:47   Link #551
Chosen_Hero

For me it was Sisters arc, the bridge scene where I was convinced that Touma was my favorite male character ever and Mikoto as my favorite female character.

I don't really mind Mikoto appearances in the main story because we always get great interactions between her and Touma, sure there have been one or two times where she was a bit unfair but I like that she's a character that realizes her own mistakes and besides those things she does only happen because of her emotions at the time.

Touma is just a badass through and through. I know there are many people that don't like him but it's just because they don't know the whole story yet. When season 3 happens and it reaches WW3 there will be a lot of people changing their minds.

I like how the vast majority of the character in this series are still relevant later on and not just forgotten, that is something that Kamachi does well(among many other things).
Old 2014-04-29, 03:29   Link #552
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That last point there is actually why this series and Detective Conan are two of my favorite series. Detective Conan has a huge recurring cast of characters/main characters over (77)... which is a lot. One thing that hurts this series' popularity a bit (though I'm not sure if there were any way to fix the problem...) we have so many different types of characters, that so many different people like and want to see (since they all have such really good and varied depth), Kamachi has to go all over the place sometimes just to come back to one of the main developments occurring between some of the other characters.

On this topic I wanted to ask, do you guys think he planned just about the whole story, or also about audience reactions as well... when he was working on creating different arcs at later times? I think Kamachi might not have put enough thought into how his mangas affect other people's perspectives especially since there are so many people who only read one part of the series extensively (ironically just like the member's of Touma's party if Touma is supposed to be a metaphor as to fans crowding around a franchise, when his frends surround him. ) But, at the same time, Kamachi is really developing this arcs exactly when fans get super-excited and he seems to react to our expectations as well.

So the question is this:

Did he come up with this idea and accounted for audience reactions when he came up with the idea a long time ago... or did he come up with his idea, started writing, started seeing audience reactions, and then changed the way he eventually went through the plot arcs, in order to please his audience. Which one do you guys think is right? I still think a little bit of the first one happens sometimes...
DC is also one of my favorite anime (Red vs Black arc was amazing). I seriously need to catch up once again with the anime (started once from ep. 1 took me almost a month to catch up plus the movies). Only problem with this series is all of the fillers (damn detective boys) although there are good fillers, apart from that it's an excellent series.

I always just thought Kamachi just skulked around animesuki for ideas, since many of the things we talk/discuss about here kinda end up happening from time to time.

I'm pretty sure he had it planned out (at least to a certain extent) but considering the popularity of the series extended it and thought up a richer world, also I feel he also likes to change or add certain stuff based on the fanbase. I know a lot of people like to speculate that Kamachi seems to hate some of the changes he's done (because of all the teasing he does) but I personally think he likes it, I mean how can he write such awesome storylines if he actually hated it, how could he make interactions between characters so good if he really hated doing these changes.

At least that's what I think.
Old 2014-04-29, 10:38   Link #553
Pablete
Banned

So much off topic going on here.

Guys, better delete your posts before the moderators do it for you.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 11:10   Link #554
LG-MAX

Quote:
One of the most frustrating things is seeing people mention that they're not interested in a story with a guy with plot armor. I feel I have to unleash spoilers.
which in my opinion is a ridiculous reason, because every important character in a story has plot-armor, even if the Level Seven do not want to see it, until the Accelerator also has this, volumes 5, 12, 15 (Accelerator vs Kill Point (the most ridiculous fight in the series where a dark side professional missed several chances to kill the strongest espers in a situation without defense) and NT 3 prove it.

Mikoto has already polemical fact never receive serious injuries (do not want to argue about it), but if the situation seems hopeless for her, Touma appears.

in almost all the stories created, the author will always create situations to save the lives of the protagonists until at least the end of history, this is something you learn when starting to read history. Monkey D. Luffy is the God of plot-armor, and almost everyone loves it.

About volume 10, I am apprehensive, I have many fears about it, Miki's fault.

But I hope at least one Touma vs Kanzaki, and Accelerator reaction .
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:13   Link #555
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This time I disagree. We're reminiscing on the series before the new most important volume for the 10th anniversary (shifted) volume comes out. I see nothing at all wrong with this. When spoilers come out we'll obviously discuss that but we don't have. I else to talk about. The only other thing we can talk about is the series in general and reactions in preparation.
That too is also off topic, if you guys want to avoid a warning and/or infraction, then I suggest you wait until you actually have something to talk about.

Posts will be reviewed later today, so I suggest you go back and delete absolutly everything not related to this volume.
Old 2014-04-29, 16:25   Link #556
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
That too is also off topic, if you guys want to avoid a warning and/or infraction, then I suggest you wait until you actually have something to talk about.

Posts will be reviewed later today, so I suggest you go back and delete absolutly everything not related to this volume.
Okay... I deleted everything I thought was off-topic. I'm still relatively new to this so I'm sorry if I was being unnecessarily off-topic. I don't try to break the rules on purpose. Sorry about that...

On-topic next volume do people still think this will be the end of the gremlin arc or will it lead into a new arc starting in NT11...?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 04:42   Link #557
Draco Spirit

Pretty sure this is arc end with the whole boss rush and a lot of arc plot strands being tied up. I get the feeling we might get some wham line at the end of this that will kick off a new arc, but then again we might not get anything till NT11.

Course the question is, are we moving into the Crowley arc yet?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 05:41   Link #558
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Doubtful, as there are still some things that fans have been asking for ages now. I'm just gonna assume the next NT11's gonna be a Science-Side event that may/may not escalate into a fresh new arc. We might see more of Will, we might get some clarity on Sarai and Misaki's past experience with Touma.

What I'm hoping for, along with many others, is that in NT11 (which I'm firmly believing to be a S-S volume), after 33 volumes of Index the #6 is revealed to us.

I dare anyone to tell me they don't want that to happen with a straight face.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 06:55   Link #559
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Doubtful, as there are still some things that fans have been asking for ages now. I'm just gonna assume the next NT11's gonna be a Science-Side event that may/may not escalate into a fresh new arc. We might see more of Will, we might get some clarity on Sarai and Misaki's past experience with Touma.

What I'm hoping for, along with many others, is that in NT11 (which I'm firmly believing to be a S-S volume), after 33 volumes of Index the #6 is revealed to us.

I dare anyone to tell me they don't want that to happen with a straight face.
If we get an SS volume for NT11, and the #6 is revealed, it better freaking be aogami and not some random new character.

Now on the topic of NT10, I'm surprised there's no spoilers yet. Usually at this point we'd have a whole volume summary. I wonder if the guy who was giving spoilers was caught...
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:01   Link #560
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Pretty sure this is arc end with the whole boss rush and a lot of arc plot strands being tied up. I get the feeling we might get some wham line at the end of this that will kick off a new arc, but then again we might not get anything till NT11.

Just cause it ends the GREMLIN/LoG arc doesn't mean it can continue off into a new one with Touma's potential issue with his relationships.

And no. That is likely final arc material. He may appear, but there's still a lot else to tell. We're pretty far off from it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark