AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-22, 14:05   Link #401
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What the hell happened? Cut to the neck?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 14:28   Link #402
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What the hell is going on? Not even an infodump of what is happening, other than the episode title, I suppose.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 14:50   Link #403
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Probably just a very hard hit/cut to the head.
Old 2018-09-22, 15:50   Link #404
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 12 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 18:00   Link #405
James Rye

Loved the first half with our RBC trying to be all Senpai-like but Kouhai is so good at this job, that she needs no training at all. "Senpai!" "Senpai, this way!" "Senpai, don't get stuck to the fibrin!". Yeah, what a reliable Senpai. xD

But darn, when it comes down to it you can count on RWC-chan! "I gonna deliever this oxygen till the end!" Man, thinking how red blood cells and other cells like the platelets and white blood cells do their best to keep your body alive while it is close to death is very depressing if you think about how small they are and how huge the task is they try to solve. If they lost that much blood, then the body will without outside help die for sure. Similar to thee heatstroke episode.

Btw, do red blood cells really look after younger red blood cells in the veins?
Old 2018-09-22, 18:40   Link #406
Itlandm
Porcupine

I guess the reason we don't know what happens is to make us feel the situation of the blood cells. In that situation, the brain may be barely functioning, so the body has nothing to go by except its automatic functions. I don't recognize those guys in suits declaring an emergency, but that should be the brain stem, unless I am mistaken. Anyway, it is safe to say that even if they survive this one, it's likely to get much worse before it gets better. What a cliffhanger, especially after the cute first half.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 21:15   Link #407
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Man...even the half time interval didn't have the comical "Hataraku Saibou" phrases in this episode. Seems like this person's body is in dire straits! Perhaps a bad fall and a cut to the head? When WBC entered that dead zone with no RBCs in sight, that was a pretty scary scene. Just like in the movies.

Even though our senpai is ditzy and klutzy as hell, we all know that her determination and compassion to do her job is going to shine and impress book smart kouhai (probably in next week's episode).

Anyways, with the severe blood loss this week, I wonder how the author covers things like menstruation/periods, since this is a female body, correct?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 21:16   Link #408
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well kind of wonder who whould give her a kohai with her getting lost and distracted by those platelets

Things just hit the fan there
Old 2018-09-23, 00:36   Link #409
Korol

The City been exploded it.s like the Nuke got blown off within a Blast Radius.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 00:41   Link #410
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

One thing that struck me as weird. I can understand why human civilians in human society think policemen are too brutal against human criminals. I don't get why an RBC would think WBC "mistake violence for justice"...
Old 2018-09-23, 00:46   Link #411
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Infections, infections, cold, flu, parasite, cancer, allergy, heatstroke, and now trauma of some kind to the head...what in the world is this person doing to themselves?

Felt like apocalypse near the end there. Wow.

I wonder how they'll represent blood transfusion...do blood cells from another person wear the same uniform?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 02:09   Link #412
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I wonder how they'll represent blood transfusion...do blood cells from another person wear the same uniform?

I thought the same thing. Perhaps uniform depends upon blood type? (0 type would be interesting; are they plains cloth blood cells without any allegiance?)

Also, imagine you're a blood cell just merrily doing your job with no problem in sight, then you get sucked up by a sudden giant tube out of nowhere, get mashed together with lots of other blood cells, and when you finally get ejected again you have no idea where you are, and the locals are all in a panic...
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 05:45   Link #413
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
One thing that struck me as weird. I can understand why human civilians in human society think policemen are too brutal against human criminals. I don't get why an RBC would think WBC "mistake violence for justice"...
I think that might be due the whole WBCs kill other cells just for being a bit different or sick. Like T-Killer Cell said, you shouldn't make friends with cells you might to have to kill the next day.
Old 2018-09-23, 09:14   Link #414
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Btw, do red blood cells really look after younger red blood cells in the veins?
Not to my knowledge. In fact, as far as I understand it, red blood cells eliminate their nuclei and most parts involved in living and responding to the environment, basically turning them into big sacs of hemoglobin that gets propelled around the body by the current. A more accurate depiction of the body might have had the RBCs themselves consist not of cells but instead bags or machines/delivery trucks.

I must say I really missed the narration bits this week. I really hope we get a LOT next week, because I want to hear them explain a lot of what's happening, like the rise in blood pressure and the focusing of blood to the core regions.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 11:19   Link #415
James Rye

So Red Blood Cells are more like "zombie cells" than "living cells"?
Old 2018-09-23, 13:19   Link #416
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Infections, infections, cold, flu, parasite, cancer, allergy, heatstroke, and now trauma of some kind to the head...what in the world is this person doing to themselves?
The longer this goes on the more I am assuming that the body is actually just a young child. Kids go through a LOT.
Old 2018-09-23, 14:46   Link #417
Requiem-x
The slacking one

As expected, we get a real emergency for the finale, but it was still quite a shock, first because this actually seems like a serious situation, and then that final scene made me think something horrible had happened to our titular red cell, and that preview didn't help at all!

Anyways, with the severe blood loss this week, I wonder how the author covers things like menstruation/periods, since this is a female body, correct?[/QUOTE]

Quote:
The point is that kouhai-chan doesn't know how the "real world" works yet. She's very good in theory and technique, but lacks experience, something senpai has aplenty thanks to all her adventures.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 15:11   Link #418
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
The point is that kouhai-chan doesn't know how the "real world" works yet. She's very good in theory and technique, but lacks experience, something senpai has aplenty thanks to all her adventures.
Yeah, but even "in theory", the only way to deal with antigens is to destroy them. Even and especially as an inexperienced cell, where would she get her pacifistic ideas from?
Old 2018-09-23, 15:38   Link #419
Nivek von Beldo

In a way was nice AE-X404 didn't liked 11-03, i was expecting the cell NTR but that will not happen.

And the shock and the emergency, so real and different
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 15:57   Link #420
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Yeah, but even "in theory", the only way to deal with antigens is to destroy them. Even and especially as an inexperienced cell, where would she get her pacifistic ideas from?
I wouldn't think about it too much. It's just part of the whole "White Blood Cells Are Scary" schtick that everyone other than Red Blood Cell seems to subscribe to.

Tags
action comedy, biology