AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-15, 13:09   Link #13721
DragonEye

Just read the summary. So, what can be said is that: you can go against a Desperado even if you're not one yourself, or else Johann's attack would have somehow missed the mark or something. What Edelweiss meant then was maybe regarding the fate manipulation ability.

That actually just makes me a little disappointed about Stella becoming a Desperado so soon, and now reaching Excessive Awakening just too soon. I mean, the trigger for it was okay, it's valid, but Nene, who's a Desperado for such a while now, just reached that, and then in the same battle Stellas reaches it too? I mean, c'mon Misora, at least give some time after you present a new power up, it's not like the main cast HAS to reach that power up right after they know about it.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 15:45   Link #13722
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, the Desperados need to invoke their ability to influence fate consciously for non-Desperados to be unable to defeat them. Probably.

@AP24: Yeah, I agree with you on Ikki and Iris having originally been evenly matched, and also in how she rose through ranks as fast as she did in the A-League.

Ikki still receives some backlash from Ittou Rasetsu, but at least it's not as big as before since he can control the power-up now. And yeah, hopefully he'll get to complete his training under Edelweisse and get more improvements from doing so. Would be great if one of those improvements is him consciously learning how to increase the total amount of mana he has without dying.

As for why it's considered overwhelming victory for Ikki: I agree with DragonEye and TyrantRuler: he didn't receive any damage from Iris and he'd also predicted and planned everything out from the beginning for this fight (so it's like Iris was sort of playing in the palm of his hand the whole time during that fight).
Old 2018-10-16, 12:18   Link #13723
AP24

The summary has now reached the halfway point of the volume. Next part will cover that death scene.

The latest part explains a little easier on how Desperado's power to influence fate can hurt people. Basically the power enables Desperados to skip the process and go straight to the result. Releasing killing intent means intending to hurt or kill someone else, and it will come true without the Desperados even moving if it's inevitable. That's why other people need unshakeable faith in themselves when they fight Desperados, otherwise their loss would be considered inevitable and then they would get hurt or killed instantly.

Although based on how the power works, I think it also depends on how capable the other person is. If he's so weak that he can't even get close to the Desperado, then he would get hurt or killed by the Desperado's power to influence fate even if he has strong will. So normal Blazers can beat Desperados if they have strong will and if it's within possibility.

Now we know what Wallenstein looks like in the LN, though that's what he looked like 8 years before. It makes me wonder if Or-Gaule was really born evil or he was actually a normal bad kid but gotten worse because of Wallenstein.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 12:29   Link #13724
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The summary has now reached the halfway point of the volume. Next part will cover that death scene.

The latest part explains a little easier on how Desperado's power to influence fate can hurt people. Basically the power enables Desperados to skip the process and go straight to the result. Releasing killing intent means intending to hurt or kill someone else, and it will come true without the Desperados even moving if it's inevitable. That's why other people need unshakeable faith in themselves when they fight Desperados, otherwise their loss would be considered inevitable and then they would get hurt or killed instantly.

Although based on how the power works, I think it also depends on how capable the other person is. If he's so weak that he can't even get close to the Desperado, then he would get hurt or killed by the Desperado's power to influence fate even if he has strong will. So normal Blazers can beat Desperados if they have strong will and if it's within possibility.

Now we know what Wallenstein looks like in the LN, though that's what he looked like 8 years before. It makes me wonder if Or-Gaule was really born evil or he was actually a normal bad kid but gotten worse because of Wallenstein.
Thanks for the summary AP24. Now THAT'S what we wanted, this is the kind of info that clears some questions. But Desperados really have an OP ability, it's like having a passive skill that's almost broken, if not for the fact that strong willed people can handle it. I think Iris' will to protect Or-Gaule was not strong enough to handle Ikki's killing intent then?
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 13:14   Link #13725
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that info is good to know about. Thanks again for the summary, AP24.

Really though, I hate Or-Gaule so friggin' much.
Old 2018-10-18, 02:21   Link #13726
AP24

Well it's just a shorter and simpler explanation compared to the one in Vol 12. I'm just saying what it says in the volume.

Also, the death scene is summarized now. It is quite heartbreaking.

So Naseem was considered one of the Top 5 strongest in the entire world. I'm guessing Edelweiss was #4 and he was #5. But now Nene should be in the Top 5 after defeating Naseem.
Old 2018-10-18, 02:40   Link #13727
Rosiero

Jesus christ! We all know Ikki's coming back, but still! A hero's not supposed to get it that bad! D:

EDIT: Also, with this in mind, my jokes about Excessive Awakening being this series' Super Saiyan 2 are retroactively pretty on point, huh.

Last edited by Rosiero; 2018-10-18 at 02:53.
Rosiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 03:14   Link #13728
Lord Kai

It's amazing how gory the novel is compared to the Manga and anime.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 08:44   Link #13729
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
It's amazing how gory the novel is compared to the Manga and anime.
Anime: blood from the eye

Manga: blood from the eyes and mouth

Novel: "and then his internal organs began to rupture as his muscles ground his bones to dust and his brain starts to bleed while his stomach trie to climb down his..."

Old 2018-10-19, 11:36   Link #13730
AP24

Updated the chapter again, the next part will be the end of the war.

Stella sure recovers fast. I expected her to go berserk first.
Old 2018-10-19, 12:54   Link #13731
Rosiero

I like the callbacks to previous strife about Ikki and Stella's relationship--the "don't regret it" thing that Shizuku even points out, and Stella's own pain at being left behind mirroring Ikki's awakening caused by the fear of him being left behind.
Old 2018-10-20, 11:10   Link #13732
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@AP24: Thanks for the update.

Yeah, the callback to time when Ikki awakened due to being afraid of being left behind was nice. And I don't like Or-Gaule's twisted views on everything. It'd admittedly good to know how he thinks, but the way he thinks isn't good.
Old 2018-10-21, 02:36   Link #13733
AP24

Finally summarized until the end of the war. There is still one more chapter and the short epilogue.

I think the reason why the 5th secret sword wasn't shown before is because it's not very useful in official one-on-one matches.

Clearly Stella's excessive awakening is stronger than Or-Gaule in his dead state. But I wonder if she's as strong as Naseem's excessive awakening?
Old 2018-10-21, 17:17   Link #13734
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the update, AP24.

Yeah, that fifth sword really wouldn't be useful in tournament unless they're team tournaments.

I also wonder if hers is as strong as Naseem's. But another thing I'm wondering about is how come one is afraid of her in her current form. She's a monster, right? I'm glad they aren't being scared, but one still has to ask this question: why?
Old 2018-10-23, 03:05   Link #13735
AP24

The first part of the final main chapter is summarized.

Nene got her arm back, I guess being a top Blazer for the League really does have some privileges.

Shizuku slipped out on her real motive for turning Ikki into a child.

Do people really can still grow after the age of 20?

Itto Shura of the Night is mentioned again, I wonder if we will see Ikki and Stella doing it while Shizuku is inside Ikki's body?
Old 2018-10-23, 12:00   Link #13736
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Shizuku still doesn't fully approve of Stella and Ikki doing it. Hopefully this will get better later.

But yeah, how did Shizuku turn out this way?
Old 2018-10-23, 16:06   Link #13737
Happosay

Quote:
Finally summarized until the end of the war. There is still one more chapter and the short epilogue.

I think the reason why the 5th secret sword wasn't shown before is because it's not very useful in official one-on-one matches.

Clearly Stella's excessive awakening is stronger than Or-Gaule in his dead state. But I wonder if she's as strong as Naseem's excessive awakening?
In the end what happen to Naseem?
Happosay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 17:34   Link #13738
endarion88

Quote:
The first part of the final main chapter is summarized.

Nene got her arm back, I guess being a top Blazer for the League really does have some privileges.

Shizuku slipped out on her real motive for turning Ikki into a child.

Do people really can still grow after the age of 20?

Itto Shura of the Night is mentioned again, I wonder if we will see Ikki and Stella doing it while Shizuku is inside Ikki's body?
i'm not an expert
but as far as i know in a medical stand point in this age a body should be considered "growing" till 25 years old
Old 2018-10-24, 03:29   Link #13739
Rosiero

Quote:
Shizuku says that even if Ikki looks adorable now Stella is not allowed to do lewd things to him because he has a small body and the burden is heavy. If Stella does something like “Ittou Shura of the Night”, Shizuku will spread about it through SNS. Stella strongly denies she will do such thing but Shizuku thinks Stella is a monkey that has been lusting for Ikki the whole year. Shizuku also doesn’t mind if Stella is doing such thing while Shizuku’s body is united with Ikki’s body because there’s no guarantee that the child that will be created during that time will be Stella’s.
ALRIGHT, OKAY. Time to unpack this.

At the surface level, it seems like Shizuku is completely wrong because somatic cells do just about everything except reproduction, so Shizuku's cells shouldn't be involved at all if Ikki and Stella were to have sex in this situation. Even if they were, the resulting baby would still be Stella's, given that it would be her egg and grow inside her womb.
However, since Shizuku can apparently restore someone to life when their brain has been squished into mush, we have to assume she's pretty fuckin' smart and wouldn't possibly think this would work. There are two possibilities:

1) Shizuku is bluffing and counting on the fact that Stella is not very smart about this kind of thing. She is probably right, and we've seen Shizuku mess with Stella like this before.
2) Shizuku is not actually referring to the above process, but would instead use her transformed state to prevent Ikki's sperm from entering Stella and instead take it for herself. This is disgusting and fucked up, but this is Shizuku we're talking about.

Either way, what the FUCK, Shizuku.
Old 2018-10-24, 07:02   Link #13740
DanielSong39

At this rate Shizuku and Ikki might actually fuse...

Poor Stella, I guess this is still better than Ikki dying but you do have to feel for her.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural