AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-20, 01:31   Link #141
domino
デレデレ

I thought the game was okay so I checked out the anime... and wow was I disappointed. Terrible.... Animation that bad brings back bad 90s memories....

It's like someone took the video game and ripped out the cute artwork, good humor, good animation, and all basics of storytelling, then put the leftovers in a blender, with the result being a giant confused mess.

Worst anime of the season... but that's just my two cents. :P I guess people who LOVED the game might like it more... but I could barely watch all the way through. At least they kept some of the video game's awesome background music tracks.
Old 2006-04-20, 02:37   Link #142
espeon

Send a message via ICQ to espeon Send a message via MSN to espeon
Well i like the show so Bleh!
Though i never played the game but saw some movie clips of it. :P
umm yeah it's a cool show :P
Old 2006-04-20, 04:29   Link #143
skanjos

i just watched the second episode and i think the anime is getting better (at last prinnys )ty for the sub keep up the good work
Old 2006-04-20, 06:23   Link #144
winry-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Since you asked so nicely, I'll consider having another version of episode 2 made. but, you better tell me exactly what you want in it.
I would like to have the font of the first episode (maybe a blue a little darker) and about the same size of font (always from the ep1 v1) because in the 2nd episode the font was too small for me.

Thank you in advance
Old 2006-04-20, 08:39   Link #145
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-20, 10:14   Link #146
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Since you asked so nicely, I'll consider having another version of episode 2 made. but, you better tell me exactly what you want in it.
Could you also add "d00d" to the prinnies? Just felt so out of place without it.
Old 2006-04-20, 11:11   Link #147
Sophia
Queen Bitch

I don't know what the Japanese used in place of "d00d" or "dood", so I may have to insert the word at times -I- feel are appropriate. That's a good idea. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

And, for all the people who don't like Disgaea, judging by your reviews of episode 2, it doesn't seem all that bad, now, does it? Personally, I thought it was funnier than episode 3.

If any of you have any other requests, please post them here or send me a private message. We'll entertain almost any request other than "please give us a literal translation". Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy it more. If you still can't, well... I feel sorry for you.
Old 2006-04-20, 14:14   Link #148
Cherry Sun
</3

Much thanks for releasing the second episode and everything. I believe the new font is pretty sufficient, but I just think it needs to be a tad bigger or something. It's not so much as a strain on the eyes, but more or less a little interference with the video itself. (Hope that makes sense @-@ Running on 4 hours sleep does things to you.)

Anyway, I look forward to episode 3! But, I honestly don't know if a V2 needs to be released for episode 2. Were there any errors? Or just font issues? If It was just a font issue with some, I believe that can just be improved for the next release. Good luck to you Sophia and the rest of your staff on the future of this project. So far, i'm more than satisfied with your work.
Old 2006-04-20, 17:16   Link #149
AndyTran
Over Drive!

Talking

I thought this anime was very enjoyable. Puts a smile on my face
Old 2006-04-20, 17:44   Link #150
Sophia
Queen Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Sun
Much thanks for releasing the second episode and everything. I believe the new font is pretty sufficient, but I just think it needs to be a tad bigger or something.
I'll keep that in mind. I'll have the typesetter increase the font.

Then again, that means I should increase the font.
Old 2006-04-21, 09:31   Link #151
Chiibi

I just rewatched 2. You guys are right-it's much funnier than ep 1. XD Oh and I think the new font is just fine.
Old 2006-04-23, 18:32   Link #152
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
My thoughts about the anime:

The animation was horrible compared to the promo, which was kinda dissapointing. But, it improved over ep2 so im sure later on in more important eps it'll be much better. Moreover, it was really fun so it cancels out the dissapointing animation.
Old 2006-04-24, 18:34   Link #153
Jigokun
Shocked Expression!

Disgaea - What Have they Done to Flonne?!

What Have they done to her? Her face looks so wierd compared to the game. Laharl , etna, prinnies and the captain gordon squad are spot on. But Flonne looks like a different character! - Am I the only one that don't like the "new" Flonne Look?
Old 2006-04-24, 22:30   Link #154
dread6

Smile

Well I'm just new here but I'll not be making intros or anything...^^

About Disgaea:

Many people seem to dislike how Disgaea was done in terms of game to anime localization. I've read some posts here that this anime was a disappointment. But I guess let's always be reminded that an anime is not entirely dependent on the original(manga or game) and yet it's not entirely diverging or straying from the orignal's theme. For one, I have played the PS2 game and I was a bit surprised to see a different start in the anime version. It's still funny with the flat-chested part or Laharl being weak against big-busted women. The only thing that I think I can point out is 1)A promo and the 1st episode can be the trendsetter, an introduction/cover or should I say the "eye-candy". Like I noticed in some posts, many don't like the 1st Ep so maybe they disregarded the anime already. Like an introduction/cover, the 1st Ep should actually stir and drive the viewer to watch the anime. 2) If intros or covers doesn't suit your taste, think "don't judge a book by its cover". I know many of you read books without minding the cover or fancy stuffs, the important thing is the content. Same here in Disgaea. If episode 1 fail to arouse your interest, try watching the next and the rest. Some animes actually starts pretty lame in my opinion but it progresses quite well and sometimes ends up pretty good (e.g. Solty Rei in my opinion...pls don't sue me for this since I also love this anime...XP). Well that's my take...

For the fansub groups of this anime:

Just keep up the good work!. AnimeU has done a well deserved praise in my POV. It was said already that other don't like slang translation but its their trademark...^^ Magikano was a good show and was handled well by AnimeU. If they can just find a better raw then they'll be much better. Fonts for me were okay but I guess other people wants a different one.

For Fighting-Magic/Oversubbing unlimited, continue doing your good release. I've already watched this group's 1st ep and it's good. I can't understand Japanese but comparing them from AnimeU's, they used literal translations but fair enough for fans with a different taste in subtitles. Haven't watched SD's though so I can't say anything...^^
Old 2006-04-24, 23:48   Link #155
Sophia
Queen Bitch

We received 40,000+ downloads for Disgaea Ep. 2, and 41,000+ for Disgaea Ep. 1. Factoring in the time difference, I think the population is still intact. The people who keep bitching are still watching. I don't think most people have given up on the anime yet. I think several reasons for this are:

1) They don't want to appear stupid after they "judged a book by its cover".

2) They're still hoping to see some improvement in Disgaea, regardless of what their first impressions or posts were.

3) They DID see some improvement in Disgaea, but nevertheless refuse to comment on it.

I'd also like to point out why a style of animation thought to be "inferior" to most styles could have been used. In fact, I'd like to rephrase this in the form of a question.

What would Pokemon have been like with cutting, state-of-the-art special effects? Here's the answer. Something that was NOT Pokemon. Perhaps the drawings weren't as detailed. However, does the amount of detail necessarily correspond to the quality of animation? I find it ludicrous that people are posting about "bad animation" here and "bad animation" there without giving a definite criteria of what constitutes "bad" or "good" animation. And, no, comparisons don't work.

"This animation sucks because it's inferior to Suzumiya's animation." By that definition, Suzumiya's animation sucks because Last Exile's animation runs circles around it. Doesn't make sense? Neither does "This animation sucks because it's inferior to Suzumiya's animation".
Old 2006-04-25, 23:49   Link #156
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I was abit disapointed, by episode one(enjoyed ep 2 alot more,tho).
I defintely knew there were going to be story changes and don't mind that,but the changes left out alot of the best/funniest things from the game so far and didn't replace them with anything nearly as good.:\

However I do love the Ending theme and I for one, like the translation ALOT so far. Laharl saying 'Sing it,don't bring it' just totally matches the childish wannabe tough guy personality he has and makes it more interesting/natural sounding to read. Completely literal translation tend to sound awkward and unnatural at times.

Anyway it still has potential and I loved Cap'n Gordon,but he really shouldn't have been introed so early.

Now can someone make me a gif of Laharl cackling? I'd appreciate it thanks!
Old 2006-04-28, 08:32   Link #157
Chiibi

Ano...Anime U hasn't stopped subbing this series, right? Are you guys just stalled?
*is worried 'cuz she lurves Disagea* D:>
Old 2006-04-28, 08:51   Link #158
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Remember, this be the months with final exams. Almost every group is gonna stall a bit for a week or two.
Old 2006-04-28, 13:24   Link #159
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uska
Remember, this be the months with final exams. Almost every group is gonna stall a bit for a week or two.
LOL that completely slipped my mind even though I used that excuse for my translating groups too! how dumb am I?
Old 2006-04-30, 07:24   Link #160
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm kinda dissapointed, the promo was very misleading on what the actual anime would look like ;_;
Closed Thread