AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 30 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 34.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 10:53   Link #21
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
wow...
i like that song ever since i played it in osu tatakai 2...
who'll be singing this???
i guess it konata's singing this... am i right?
Old 2007-05-27, 10:56   Link #22
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Said Newtype article by Kona :-

Old 2007-05-27, 11:38   Link #23
archanfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
A big part of this episode is the sport festival

Spoiler:
NEED... MORE... KAGAMI
Old 2007-05-27, 12:12   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
A big part of this episode is the sport festival

Spoiler:

yeap

Spoiler:

So of my predictions I'm 3.75 for 8 (or something) for the rows (When I combine two together to get it almost right, but not quite enough for 4 predictions). My predicition was Tsukasa falling on her ass and then the universe melting when she wailed, but not so much. FANSERVICE!

Also for the NES Parody:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-27 at 12:38.
Old 2007-05-27, 12:50   Link #25
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
NEED... MORE... KAGAMI
There are a fair amount of Kagami, don't worry about that.

She is seen trying to eat the bread hanging from a string. (remember that scene with Osaka? Quite similar deal.)
Old 2007-05-27, 12:56   Link #26
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Looking at the screenshots in Random Curiosity, I recognized a couple of covers of H-Manga during Konata's book browsing; Namida by Iio Tetsuaki and Emotion by Cuvie.

Oh, Konata, what are you looking for?
Old 2007-05-27, 13:23   Link #27
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Looking at the screenshots in Random Curiosity, I recognized a couple of covers of H-Manga during Konata's book browsing; Namida by Iio Tetsuaki and Emotion by Cuvie.

Oh, Konata, what are you looking for?
Hey Konata bought Shuffle from Kadokawa Shoten and the lastest issue of NewType, let's all go out and do the same.

Oh well the rest of the episode looks like a whole lot of fun, but I am really getting tired of these Kadokawa product pushes, really really tired. It's almost surpassed the Pizza Hut thing in Code Geass at this point.

Apparently the pedophile guy is actually Konata's father. FINALLY! I wonder if they actually let him speak this time or if he's just there in the background leering at the girls.

This Random Curiousity entry gives me mixed feelings about the episode, mostly good feelings though. If they'd just drop the product placement I'd like this series a whole lot more then I already do. Heck if they'd just stop doing it every episode I would be cool. At least they broadened the reference catalogue a little bit this episode though. Plus if the product placement isn't in context and just a picture I can't really garner much from it. They have occassionally poked fun at their own stuff in the past so who knows, they might not even be pushing it this time and could be using it as material for jokes.
Old 2007-05-27, 13:44   Link #28
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Hey Konata bought Shuffle from Kadokawa Shoten and the lastest issue of NewType, let's all go out and do the same.

Oh well the rest of the episode looks like a whole lot of fun, but I am really getting tired of these Kadokawa product pushes, really really tired. It's almost surpassed the Pizza Hut thing in Code Geass at this point.

Apparently the pedophile guy is actually Konata's father. FINALLY! I wonder if they actually let him speak this time or if he's just there in the background leering at the girls.
Konata's dad actually talks in this episode, though I'll wait for the sub to figure out what he actually said.

I'm actually glad that Lucky Star did a product placement for El Cazador. That show needs more love.
Old 2007-05-27, 14:00   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
Konata's dad actually talks in this episode, though I'll wait for the sub to figure out what he actually said.

I'm actually glad that Lucky Star did a product placement for El Cazador. That show needs more love.
Yeah it is good to see them expanding their placements. If they absolutely need to have them there at least they are giving some help to shows that need it for a change.

I'm also glad to hear that they let Konata's father talk, though I may never picture Daba Myroad the same way again after this episode.
Old 2007-05-27, 14:09   Link #30
Meophist

Part of the episode is focused on Konata's dad, so…
Old 2007-05-27, 14:29   Link #31
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Actually, Newtype appears because Konata's postcard(?) finally makes it in. She actually buys Shuffle (vol 5) and something Haruhi (don't know specifically which). (One of these leads to a joke but I won't spoil it.)

Quote:

Plus if the product placement isn't in context and just a picture I can't really garner much from it. They have occassionally poked fun at their own stuff in the past so who knows, they might not even be pushing it this time and could be using it as material for jokes.
Right, and how else would they emphasize that Konata is a otaku without having her look at (popular) otaku products? Also, Kadokawa isn't some niche group that is trying to push their wares. They publish a large number of popular products. Sure, they could spend the money and get other companies popular products like Death Note or Nodame, or they could just go with the group that is helping to produce the show that is going to give them the rights to use it cheap.
Old 2007-05-27, 14:32   Link #32
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Whew, just watched it.

Stuff from the raw:

- Wonderful animation for the relay race, and the finishing was just hilarious.
- I couldn't understand why Konata was so happy about that magazine (was a letter of her included in the edition?), but it was funny nonetheless.
- Moe moment of the week: Tsukasa playing the flute (though the world didn't melt, Kaioshin-kun, but it certainly got warmer ).
- Lucky Channel this week was pure win. Looks like they tried to exaggerate a lot more Akira's bipolarity by making her throw around random angry darts.

Spoiler:

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-27, 14:40   Link #33
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Just watched the raw and one warning. The sport festival part is actually shorter, focusing on some of the characters' quirks (like Konata's otaku-fueled mind or Miyuki's... ample attributes). Therefore, lower your expectations a bit if the sport festival is what you were really looking for. The karaoke part felt longer and Konata barely had 10 secs to sing, the instrumental introduction being on the long side of the spectrum.

I'll wait for the subs before a definitive judgement.
Old 2007-05-27, 16:16   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ohmygod Newtype with Heroic Age cover.
Old 2007-05-27, 16:53   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've added Konata's dad to the characters and seiyuus page. The first bit was funny. When she saw him on TV saying he was out to support his daughter, she said, sitting at home: "So where's your daughter, dad?"

Miyuki's win by unfair advantage, hackneyed as the idea is, was done very well, I thought. And I liked the determined way she ran. The whole relay race was indeed well put together. I also liked Tsukasa's Manabi moment, when she went chipmunk-cheeked and droop-lipped trying to play the recorder.

I liked some of the little visual tricks, I guess from the storyboard: the long direct view of the top of Konata's head at the start of the race, and the heads of KKandT at the bottom of the frame as they walked down the school hallway. Episode direction and storyboard by Takao Touko, a KyoAni key animator (name sounds female) who has directed/storyboarded episodes of Kanon (#17) and this show (#2).

I thought "Kyonani" worked well for "Konami" in the game. I liked it that on the board, Konata was listed for the 100 metres and Shiraishi for the 5 metre dash. The cool things about the Shuffle! comic were that she found she already had it (sound familiar?), and then that she realized happily she could use it to spread the word. She's such a happy, optimistic soul.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-27 at 18:18.
Old 2007-05-27, 17:24   Link #36
gekko

lol, first time I saw that the running speed in T&F is in cm/s. Who on earth uses that?
Old 2007-05-27, 17:34   Link #37
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
lol, first time I saw that the running speed in T&F is in cm/s. Who on earth uses that?
Like, every country other than the US, Canada, the UK and Australia

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-27, 17:54   Link #38
pomps
グ~…

ROTF at the scratching the buttons and the genius ruler trick , wonder if anyone actually did that.
Old 2007-05-27, 18:01   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomps View Post
ROTF at the scratching the buttons and the genius ruler trick , wonder if anyone actually did that.
I only did the glue tube trick (almost the same thing as the coin trick).
Old 2007-05-27, 18:31   Link #40
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I used my fingernails as said "coin". Works great with the first and second fingers if you just rub them across the button back and forth.

Ahem. Decent episode. My Japanese isn't good enough to understand everything, but with visual gags like Konata's dad getting dragged away by the chaperones even I could enjoy.
Closed Thread