AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-11-24, 08:37   Link #161
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well I knew Silver Link was somewhat related to Shaft since Shin Oonuma is very prevalent in Silver Link shows and he is pretty a Shinbo-lite who was an ex-Shaft employee. Didn't know it was part of JC Staff though. Too bad they didn't take some of JC's good parts though since I think the only good Silver Link in memory was Watamote...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 13:04   Link #162
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, no wonder why I generally hate Silver Link work. Barring wakamote, it seems to have all theiir stuff in both styles that piss me of and nothing that appeals to me. It's like the Xebec to the IG!

Yea, I know that's not a fair comparison at all but life sucks.

Back to the main topic, JC Staff seems to be doing quite a bit of quality when it comes to adaptations. Gone are those days of "You screwed Shana, etc". Little Busters EX was very well done, especially when you compare it to the mess it was when they first started. And while people may not agree with the way anime such as Pet no Kanojo, Golden Time, or Kamimemo were handled, they certainly had a distinct visual and directing style. They also seem to always pull out the best credit scenes too; just view any of the Index/Railgun ones. In general, pretty solid unless you involve humor or breasts, then it tends to lead to trouble.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 20:53   Link #163
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Kamimemo
Hey, Kamisama no Memochou was one of their best "tweaked" adaptations. They probably knew that a second season wouldn't happen due to the availability of the source, so they had to change up things a bit. It was a decent compromise, IMO.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 09:51   Link #164
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
The double length pilot episode for Kamimemo was great... then it plummeted in quality as it resorted to derpmoe Alice antics (wtf at falling into washing machine) then it picked up again in the last arc. Art was nice though since the character designs were done by Kel Mishida.

Anyways, JC Staff aren't a trash studio by any means. They produce a lot of series and because of that you are bound to get a lot of turd.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote