AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-06-22, 03:37   Link #53581
Eratas123

Her friends? Yeah, her friends have her back.....but forget about them using their IS because France WILL use them defending Charlotte as ammunition against the other countries and the other countries WILL NOT let them help Charlotte on threat of them becoming fugitives. Ichika can help her, but as V8 shows it is quite possible for the army to take down IS with enough tactics and weaponry.

Also, why would Tabane and Chifuyu care? They're not heroes. Chifuyu wouldn't go out of her way to save Charlotte and, as is pointed out in novels, Tabane cares only for Ichika, Chifuyu and Houki - She wouldn't lift a finger to help anyone else, likely even if Houki asked her (Which she won't because she's too damn proud to do so and would likely think asking the missile hacker for aid against a foreign country will end with her hacking France back into the dark age).

Naturalization is an option, definitely, but she can forget about using her IS since it'll be recalled back to France and she'll likely never be able to return to her homeland due to resentment from her father making it unsafe to do so.
Old 2014-06-22, 03:47   Link #53582
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Question: How many leveret could be born each year from a mother hare?

Answer: At an average of 5 to 8 per year.

IS-kun: So there are 5 new Ku-neesan each year?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 04:11   Link #53583
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Have you ever think why we created God as the perfect human? The same as with why from the humble EOS to the almighty IS, both have an humanoid structure?

Answer: The Human Body is the most beautiful existence, the result of millennias of struggle and evolution. It's the ultimate tool for us to survive and thrive on this blue planet. That is why we seek to make art in the image of us: the sculpture of Venus de Milo, the potrait of Mona Lisa,... EOS and IS. And especially our exoskeleton weapons, a further refinement of human body through science. It's the son of logic and fantasy, mortal wielding power of God.

But then if human has already reached the level of building these powerful existence, why couldn't they solve the paradox that has been existing for the dawn of their race: Famine, War, Unequality,... ? Instead of using our creation to widen the rift?

It means that even when human has tamed the Sphinx of knowledge, we are still human, an incomplete specie, trapped in its own contradiction, its selfishness and ignorance.

The state of our world today provides a very important notion, that is Science does not solve everything, and the problem that it brought up is just as many as its benefit.
Through a romantic lens.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2014-06-22 at 04:41.
Old 2014-06-22, 04:16   Link #53584
Eratas123

Dude, be careful of double posting: If possible just edit your previous post to include it.
Old 2014-06-22, 05:44   Link #53585
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Maybe that is why there are people who choose to live out of the mainstream, instead find a tranquil and stable place to make their home. The occupations of one small village near Kyushu could be said to be an example of this.

Everyday, from the first crow of cocks till the last sunbeam, the farmers would working diligently on the field, taking care of the tiny lives under their feet with utmost care. And when the sun has set, they trek back home, whistling a funny tune, or talking about the prospect of this harvest. The smile never leave their face.

In the night, it's time for the family and friend. While the male drinking their homebrewed alcohol, the women gather around their loom, weaving the golden strands of silk into beautiful cloth. And around one big, golden fire, children sitting to hear the age old stories of one elder with white beard as long as his arms, the bright flame shine upon the excited faces.
Hmm... Have you ever thought about how hard to insert such a lively image into just a few words?
Old 2014-06-22, 05:53   Link #53586
Eratas123

Again, too much purple prose tends to annoy readers, unless you're going to have the entire story written that way. Why not say 'She had long blond hair and green eyes' rather than 'Her hair was of the brightest yellow to which no gold can compare. Her eyes, open and curious, were complimented well by their emerald green coloring.'

There's literally no difference and its much simpler.
Old 2014-06-22, 06:16   Link #53587
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
I honestly have no idea what you mean by 'result'.

I suppose you can just forget I'm saying anyhthing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The idea of a men vs women war is frankly absurd. Wars are usually done out of ideology or because one side has something the other wants. What could one side possibly gain from trying to screw over the other? Men and Women need one another, and unless all IS pilots turned into rabid misandrists (Not Feminists, which are different) there's absolutely no way a war like that will happen.
This

And of course there's a certain FUCKING STUPID plot like "Chifuyu-nee had personally killed millions in the genocide of men! Might as well join her faction because MUH FAMILY/MUH UNDERSTANDING!"

Eeyup

Quote:
They can't use their IS, just their positions - Cecilia's already on thin ice since her synch levels are dropping, Laura's wholly loyal to her country, and (despite canon ignoring it) Mr. Dunoa owns the Rafael revive and likely has a failsafe should Charlotte try to completely turn against him. So really on Cecilia has the position, and a British family trying to screw with a foreign corporation is going to cause her country to clamp down on her HARD.
Cadet rep is practically powerless when it comes to policymaking.

Eras nailed it.
Old 2014-06-22, 06:34   Link #53588
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Eratas: Tch... That is the different in mindset of our. I'm the type to look for beauty in every nook and cranny.

... Maybe I do extravagante writing fanfic.
Old 2014-06-22, 06:55   Link #53589
Eratas123

Alright, Fireminer, let me ask you this: Do you describe EVERYTHING with the same purple detail? If so, then fine, at least you're consistent. If not, then what's the point unless there's a specific reason for only choosing to describe certain things this way and others? Too many times authors only describe only one or two specific characters this way (mostly their favorites/OC's) and the others get generic descriptions.

I'd love to see how you do crowd scenes since the explicit detail needed would give most people headaches.

Senpai - Wait, there's a plot like that? Where?
Old 2014-06-22, 07:03   Link #53590
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An odd idea born from playing too much persona.

Anyone willing to do a series of break-up fics?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 07:08   Link #53591
Eratas123

Lets see, how many of these break ups don't end with Ichika in a stretcher to the emergency room?

Nevermind, only Kanzashi I can see breaking up with Ichika without traumatizing him.
Old 2014-06-22, 07:18   Link #53592
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Alright, Fireminer, let me ask you this: Do you describe EVERYTHING with the same purple detail? If so, then fine, at least you're consistent. If not, then what's the point unless there's a specific reason for only choosing to describe certain things this way and others? Too many times authors only describe only one or two specific characters this way (mostly their favorites/OC's) and the others get generic descriptions.

I'd love to see how you do crowd scenes since the explicit detail needed would give most people headaches.
Yes, and yes.
Old 2014-06-22, 07:25   Link #53593
Eratas123

Fine then, good luck and happy fic writing
Old 2014-06-22, 10:06   Link #53594
Trung-t-rung

New guy here.
How did we go from crossover ideas to this ?
I wonder if anyone here familiar with SRW franchise. While I only play the OG games( only a few stages yet), it seems they have interdimensional travel in other games so they can crossover a whole lot of franchise into one. It would be cool if IS-verse gets into the conflict and I'd love to see how Ichika would turn out during this. If SRW( and JAM project theme songs) can turn Shinji into a badass, there's no reason Ichika wouldn't.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:11   Link #53595
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
New guy here.
How did we go from crossover ideas to this ?
I wonder if anyone here familiar with SRW franchise. While I only play the OG games( only a few stages yet), it seems they have interdimensional travel in other games so they can crossover a whole lot of franchise into one. It would be cool if IS-verse gets into the conflict and I'd love to see how Ichika would turn out during this. If SRW( and JAM project theme songs) can turn Shinji into a badass, there's no reason Ichika wouldn't.
... While I would love to see Ichika get Bright Slapped into becoming a MAN OF DESTINY, the scale of what the SRW does in later scenarios is staggering, and I'm not sure the IS world can be incorporated into that with this whole "IS is the number one. No exception" bit.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:29   Link #53596
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
... While I would love to see Ichika get Bright Slapped into becoming a MAN OF DESTINY, the scale of what the SRW does in later scenarios is staggering, and I'm not sure the IS world can be incorporated into that with this whole "IS is the number one. No exception" bit.
They did crossover with stuff like Gundams and Knightmares and other Real Robots shows so I think IS would fare fine in battles, as long as Ichika or whoever pilot has enough GUTS and strong enough vocal cord to scream attack names at the top of their lungs anyway. At least the first few games have Gundams modified with other techs(items drop in-game) so that can be used as an excuse for the sudden power-up.
Still I'd love to ISverse deal with the whole factions and threats suddenly appears, Tabane would have a field-day with it.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:33   Link #53597
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Again, too much purple prose tends to annoy readers, unless you're going to have the entire story written that way. Why not say 'She had long blond hair and green eyes' rather than 'Her hair was of the brightest yellow to which no gold can compare. Her eyes, open and curious, were complimented well by their emerald green coloring.'

There's literally no difference and its much simpler.
Behold the power of adjectives.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:43   Link #53598
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, guess that a bit melodramatic won't hurt. Imagine Ichika and Madoka swordfighting on a giant metal monster that had just crashed into the US Congress.
Old 2014-06-22, 10:46   Link #53599
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
They did crossover with stuff like Gundams and Knightmares and other Real Robots shows so I think IS would fare fine in battles, as long as Ichika or whoever pilot has enough GUTS and strong enough vocal cord to scream attack names at the top of their lungs anyway. At least the first few games have Gundams modified with other techs(items drop in-game) so that can be used as an excuse for the sudden power-up.
Still I'd love to ISverse deal with the whole factions and threats suddenly appears, Tabane would have a field-day with it.
IS would be fine in battle, it's the pilot that I'm worried about.

Not to mention that IS girls have a tendency to use their freaking suit for romcom hijinks, which would not sit well with the many people in the group (damage to the area, probable danger to the team, etc...)

Tabane would have a field day, but I think that many people of the eventual group won't tolerate her Mad Scientist tendency. Hell, some might just broke out to go and try to kill her.

Come to think of it, are there any fics that deals with Tabane's antics and the consequences it might cause?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:47   Link #53600
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I Would really love to see that too
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest