AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 06:50   Link #1001
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK View Post
That really only applies to people that live in countries where they search your packages. In reality how ofter do you hear of Yugoslavian anime fans.

If you have to travel or order from the internet then do it. It's people like that that make the manga/anime industry broke. (See Geneon)
Of course you don't hear about Yugoslavian anime fans, since there's not such place as Yugoslavia.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 16:48   Link #1002
Cinocard

Not anymore, you mean.

Quote:
Seriously, if he doesn't do some serious damage the next couple of chapters, he will be the biggest joke so far.
I expected for Natsu to pull out a lucky draw. Which will be disappointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
Well, we are all trying to decipher what the mangaka is drawing with our own thinking. It's speculation of a magical world, where nothing was ever explained in logical details, especially one by Hiro Mashima. Like how you were suggesting that "the reflecting thunder is created using the magic power of the attack", is what you stated in bold above. And to justify fantasy shounen manga with real world logic is kinda dumb... no?
The point is: at least it's based on something prior, not something one just draws on the spot. But whatever
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 08:58   Link #1003
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Seriously, if he doesn't do some serious damage the next couple of chapters, he will be the biggest joke so far.
Next week's title is Double Dragon, so I take it Natsu is going down and then Gazille helps him, they combine powers in order to defeat Luxus...which means he's strong enough to take on two of the strongest Fairy Tail mages (plus he had a supercool scary look at the final page!)
Totally off topic for now, but does anyone else think that Mistgun might actually be Sieghart from Rave master?I know their magic doesn't match but some people just love crossovers...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 09:11   Link #1004
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Luxus is getting pwned now. He's just like a selfish child now.
Old 2009-02-13, 10:32   Link #1005
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Luxus is getting pwned now. He's just like a selfish child now.
He has always been the selfish child, not giving a dime about anyone or anything besides his great self...now is his time to shine as a drama hero! (after getting beaten up real bad by the two dragon slayers...)
Old 2009-02-13, 11:38   Link #1006
Cinocard

Quote:
Next week's title is Double Dragon, so I take it Natsu is going down and then Gazille helps him, they combine powers in order to defeat Luxus...which means he's strong enough to take on two of the strongest Fairy Tail mages (plus he had a supercool scary look at the final page!)
Really, i wonder how iron will hold up against Thunder

Quote:
Totally off topic for now, but does anyone else think that Mistgun might actually be Sieghart from Rave master?
Nah, it's way way way too different.
Old 2009-02-13, 14:09   Link #1007
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Totally off topic for now, but does anyone else think that Mistgun might actually be Sieghart from Rave master?
And not to mention that he died in the Rave Master >.>

*sigh* that Luxus. . I wonder how will be his reaction when he heard that his grandfather is in critical conditon ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 14:20   Link #1008
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He has always been the selfish child, not giving a dime about anyone or anything besides his great self...now is his time to shine as a drama hero! (after getting beaten up real bad by the two dragon slayers...)
Yeah but now he is really showing it. That's what I meant really.
Old 2009-02-14, 16:15   Link #1009
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Of course you don't hear about Yugoslavian anime fans, since there's not such place as Yugoslavia.

In the Balkans.
NDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 16:17   Link #1010
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK View Post
In the Balkans.
the country of yugoslavia hasn't exist since the early 1990s. it was a country that was force together by force and when that force disappear the country disappear back into its basic parts.
Old 2009-02-14, 16:21   Link #1011
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the country of yugoslavia hasn't exist since the early 1990s. it was a country that was force together by force and when that force disappear the country disappear back into its basic parts.
What used to be.

Did anyone find the cover for Fairy Tail 5 to be lacking. Most of the covers seem fine except for 5, dunno why.
NDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 08:24   Link #1012
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

... look up my location in the atlas ... >_<

anyway

Spoiler for 123:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 09:19   Link #1013
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler for 123 comment:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 03:45   Link #1014
t3ck
Anime Freak

Spoiler for 123:
Old 2009-02-18, 16:39   Link #1015
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oi oi oi

it says next chapter is: Triple Dragon!!!

another Dragon Slayer appears??!!!

omg I hope so, getting all giddy thinking about a possible female slayer!!
Old 2009-02-18, 18:25   Link #1016
Ultenth

My guess is the triple dragon is because we find out next episode that Luxus is a dragon slayer. His fighting style really seemed similar to Natsu when they just fought, except lightning instead of fire based, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting owned, then finds a lightning power source to power back up or something, and that's maybe how we find out for sure.

Last edited by Ultenth; 2009-02-18 at 18:46.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 18:33   Link #1017
Cinocard

Now, that's a good guess. But ain't all dragon slayers raised by dragons, and they are orphans? And even if it's not, it's strange that literally no one has any knowledge about it.

You can assume that Luxus was a picked-up child, but I have a feeling that all the Dragon slayers were "release" at the same time. So the age and time gap between Luxus and Natsu in the guild do not go along with this hypothesis.
Old 2009-02-18, 18:48   Link #1018
Ultenth

I don't see why all dragon slayers would have to be the same age just because Gazille and Natsu seem to be roughly in the same area. And yeah, generally speaking they are taught by dragons, but perhaps not always raised, who knows, maybe Marco's son (Luxus' dad) was somehow able to convince a dragon to teach his son, or something like that.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 19:37   Link #1019
Cinocard

Because they disappeared on the same day, the dragon slayers should have been exposed to the outside world at the same time.

We don't know if Natsu joined the FT immediately after that or not, but the time he and Luxus joined shouldn't be too different. But it seems that Luxus had been there long before Natsu. (and Natsu was pretty small back then, too, so he should join FT not too long after).

You are making more and more guess: The dragons "teach" but not "raise" and Luxus's father knew the dragons...

In fact, we don't even know what's the stuff about Natsu and Gazille's age yet. Why are they so old?

Of course, your hypothesis still has a chance to happen, but given all that, the chance is really low. I don't flatly deny it.
Old 2009-02-19, 02:04   Link #1020
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
In fact, we don't even know what's the stuff about Natsu and Gazille's age yet. Why are they so old?
I can take a wild guess, it's because they are protected by dragon magic (who live for centuries) while they are in their care, so they could have spent years of training looking like 8-year olds and when they got separated they started aging normally again.
I also don't think Luxus would be a dragon slayer, perhaps triple dragon is a prelude to the return of Igneel, which would break the rules that say they mustn't interact with humans...and then things get reeeeaally interesting
P.S: anyone else think Luxus looks a wee bit possessed in this chapter?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-02-20 at 02:47.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen