AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-13, 02:06   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 570 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Happy new year, folks! It's been a long wait, but finally, spoilers for the first chapter of 2010 have finally appeared! Actually, there's been a small summary out for a good while now, but it wasn't until a short while ago that it was confirmed (and some pics appeared, to boot!). Anyway, what's known so far:

-Chapter title is "Bridge of Life". It seems that Luffy unleashes his Haki again. Whitebeard commands his forces to back up Luffy, saying he possesses the "Will of D". The VA Doberman seems to imply that the rookie's powerful ambition is something he inherited from his father. He tells his subordinates to make sure that Luffy doesn't escape from that battlefield, or else he'll become a huge threat in the future.....

-Meanwhile, Mihawk is about to attack the young rookie once more, but this time he gets stopped by both Daz Bones AND Crocodile. It also seems like Hancock is taking on Sentoumaru, judging from the pics......

-Inazuma was hiding in Iva's hair, and finally appears so he can make a bridge to Ace's execution platform. However, there is one final obstacle standing in the way between Luffy and Ace: Their grandfather, Garp......

Whoa, some epic stuff for the first chapter of the new year, huh? By the way, it also seems to be confirmed that Whitebeard has Haoushoku Haki, as well. Geez, both Daz and Crocoboy taking on Mihawk is pretty crazy stuff (guess we'll find out what happened with Dofla soon enough). Hancock vs. Sentoumaru is a pretty unexpected match-up, but it should be interesting (especially since it's kinda implied that Sentoumaru's a Haki user, as well). Luffy vs Garp is kind of no surprise to me, especially considering what the old man said after he attacked Marco a few chapters back. Yep, this war is reaching its climax, all right.....

BTW, that pic with Luffy and Iva fighting alongside the NW captains is freaking badass.

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-01-13 at 03:18.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:18   Link #2
andy

yeah saw the pics , WB tell his crew to back up luffy and make another rush down while helping him out .

Find out about dragon might have the same haki not really surprise with that .
Old 2010-01-13, 02:30   Link #3
seiji_kun

So Dragon has haoushoku haki to? Makes perfectly sense but that means Garp better has it to else I'll be dissapointed.

And damn, awesome pics. Daz defending? Luffy then Croc interfering to. Do want to know what's beeing said there cause I can't see Croc doing it for Luffy but seeing he even went out of his way to save Daz Bones in ID which I didn't expect, I guess he's helping Daz again.

Boa is always win here though it doesn't seem she's doing much except arguing with the marines where her loyalty lies like usual. Jinbei repeating he'll die here if needed. And Inazuma hiding in Iva's hair is pure win. So funny and Garp vs Luffy has my special attention. This is really what I've been looking forward to, what will Garp do when he faces of against his own grandson. I've kept repeating that I think he'll let him do his thing or even help him in a way in the end cause Luffy will persuade him and I'll finally get the answer the upcomming week(s) so glad as hell here.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:46   Link #4
marvelB

Uh, so apparently, Crocodile ordered Daz to protect Luffy. Well..... huh. I wonder when Crocoboy suddenly became so caring? First protecting Ace, and now Luffy. I can only assume it has something to do with both their fathers......
Old 2010-01-13, 03:08   Link #5
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Finally a spoiler from one of the big 3 mangas lol.

Yay lol even more of a reason for the marines to make sure they take out Luffy lol. Imagine if only Luffy could get proper Haki training. Shanks, Hancock, or Rayleigh maybe?
Old 2010-01-13, 03:30   Link #6
james0246

A favourite passage from the initial translations -

From Steve@ap:

Quote:
Hancock: Let me teach you something…
Sentomaru: Hm?
Hancock: Love is always a hurricane!!
Sentomaru: What the hell does that mean?!
Old 2010-01-13, 03:49   Link #7
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I'm hoping Oda goes into Sentomaru and Dr.Vegapunk soon. It should be a very interesting arc.
Old 2010-01-13, 03:57   Link #8
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
A favourite passage from the initial translations -

From Steve@ap:

yeah i love that line it makes no sense to Sentomaru at all and look like boa says it with such passion made even more funny.
Old 2010-01-13, 04:12   Link #9
valk0v

Wow finally some info.
The chapter will be pure win for me, luffy vs Garp
And Inazuma was hiding in Iva's hair - hahahahaha this shows how much big head s/he has

Edit : I'm sorry for asking here, but i don't where else to ask.
Does somebody knows will there be a new season for Hajime no Ippo ? Pm me if you know, please
Old 2010-01-13, 05:41   Link #10
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

cool chapter! finish reading it and i must say this is like a mad rush to save ace. all the minions on both sides are KO by luffy haki blast but the marines still got plenty of troops left. the marine really has lots of strong soldiers
Old 2010-01-13, 05:56   Link #11
PrototypeX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
cool chapter! finish reading it and i must say this is like a mad rush to save ace. all the minions on both sides are KO by luffy haki blast but the marines still got plenty of troops left. the marine really has lots of strong soldiers
And the funny thing is, while pirates are giving out their all power including the strongest man of the world at his final moments, the most authorized and possibly one of the strongest man of marine forces is...just standing still.
Old 2010-01-13, 06:04   Link #12
LaiShin

Haoushoku Haki = king's haki?
Old 2010-01-13, 06:12   Link #13
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiShin View Post
yeah but remember haoushoku does not translate to king if i remember right . hell so far i seen it translate to 3 things .
Old 2010-01-13, 07:34   Link #14
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
And the funny thing is, while pirates are giving out their all power including the strongest man of the world at his final moments, the most authorized and possibly one of the strongest man of marine forces is...just standing still.
Quote:
If general is forced to engage combat personally battle is already lost...
I am not sure was it Sun-Tsu's proverb but its partially true here.

If Sengoku is forced to combat in person then that means Marines grand plan has already failed and Senkogu is forced to leave battle un-controlled and join fighting himself.

Its an instant PR loss and hit against status of Marines, Sengoku will try stay out of combat as long as he can and if he can win this war with 'clean hands' it will be a PR victory for marines.

If Sengoku is forced to join battle himself then Marines have already partially lost...
Old 2010-01-13, 07:36   Link #15
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiShin View Post
Haoushoku

Ha - Kanji for "to overpower"
Ou - "King"
Shoku - "Color"

The closest might be "Overlord", although you could well substitute dictator, etc.

----

...and there's still Sengoku behind Garp.
Old 2010-01-13, 08:02   Link #16
Tenryuken
Pirate God

LOL, Garp looks like a Gorilla.
Now the Mihawk-tards can bitch about his Haki.
Old 2010-01-13, 09:40   Link #17
sjaako

awesome spoilers

Crocodile and Das vs Mihawk is really interesting.
Why would Crocodile help luffy? Does he have some kind of respect for luffy?
It made sense when Crocodile saved Ace because he didnt want the marines to get their way. But why would he save luffy?

The New World captains are still in action which is really awesome i hope to see more of them. But still no sign of idiot Squad but I think he's going to do something special.

Marco is back on his feet as it seems which is pretty much expected, I cant wait to see more of him
Old 2010-01-13, 09:53   Link #18
kari-no-sugata

btw... one of Whitebeard's crew clearly says that Shanks has Haoushoku Haki too (as well as Whitebeard). Interesting. Looks all but certain that Dragon has it too.

Not too surprised to see one of the Marines say to make sure Luffy never escapes, otherwise he'll become a huge threat in the future.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:00   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Now the Mihawk-tards can bitch about his Haki.
And next chapter he will cut a Logia....
Old 2010-01-13, 10:01   Link #20
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

My liking of Whitebeard has gone down now that it seems he has Haoushoku Haki.
I liked it better when it seemed as though he just had Haki.
Because then it made it seem like Haoushoku Haki is not the end all be all.
Or doesn't guarantee any kind of victory.
It also belittles, in my opinion, Rayleigh's and Shank's Haki.

I hope Oda doesn't start spamming Haoushoku Haki.
Whitebeard has it.
Luffy has it.
Boa Hancock has it.
Dragon has it.
Roger had it.
Now its implied that Dragon has it as well.
Closed Thread