AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-12, 15:56   Link #2601
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
"Sou Da You" was more interesting than Hoshi Kira would ever be.
Sou Da Yo was beautiful. I like the musical arrangement for Hoshi Kira (but it's still not an Aoi no Ether or Songbird class), though, but still Sou Da Yo is miles better to me. It set the ending of the first movie so well. It's probably my favorite 100% Ranka song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Ranka, to me, starts out as Misa - totally absorbed in her job, taken aback by Alto's comments about her childish behavior (totally the "old woman" scene from SDFM) and worries not only about the safety of her brother but Alto as well, then she becomes Minmei as she's separated from Alto - not letting Sheryl's relationship with him bother her too much until the end when she sees them together and confirms Nanase's report.

To me, the characters swapped quite a bit from their SDFM roles. For Ranka, she swapped back and forth between Misa and Minmei before becoming Minmei fully. For Sheryl, she swapped back and forth between Minmei and Misa before becoming Misa fully. And the only one who didn't change: Alto, who was Hikaru.

Kawamori loved to do that, it seemed.
Spoiler for off topic:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-03-12 at 16:09.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 16:08   Link #2602
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
...I'm all for Ranka being cute. Honestly, I feel like it's the only way Nakajima might ever be "voice acting" as Ranka rather than just singing as Nakajima, which is what she does pretty much all the time now, being Nakajima when she's meant to be Ranka. That being said the song just sounds awfully contrived for me >_> I remember some while back someone claimed Nakajima has a bell tone- she really doesn't. Most of her high notes are strained and just as a whole tune it's kind of luke warm. Someone mentioned it sounded like something fitting a mahou shoujo like CCS- I agree, but probably an ending theme rather than an opening. Just...blah :/
Agreed. But in the movie, Ranka is shown to be more mature. This song brings back that innocent, childlike Ranka from the TV series, is what I meant.

Hm, never took much interest in Megumi Nakajima until I watched Macross Frontier. I didn't realize she was a singer. Then I noticed she didn't really try singing until Macross F became popular.

I don't think her vocals are strained, just that she hasn't had proper training on how to hit notes.

Quote:
Lyrics maybe but most of the Sheryl songs were sexy so that doesn't really say very much...
I think it's not as good as UB, and matched with the weirdass nurse attire it just doesn't really make enough of an impact seeing as it's her "main" song, but as an individual track I think it's pretty good. I swear it's been stuck in my head for so much of yesterday.
Well, I'm talking about joining the two tracks in form of lyrics and techno. I immediately liked it because it gave me the feeling of the "bunny rabbit" crap from Universal Bunny.

Quote:
The question was rhetorical.
I didn't particularly like Seikan Eve either, and honestly it really wasn't all that different from the original except for a few choppy bits. The original had more character, and yes it was cutesier- but really? I don't see why anyone complains about that. She's a moe little cute archetype, why anyone expects her to start sounding mature is kind of beyond me. Acting with maturity and looking/sounding mature are totally different things >_>
I thought she looked very cool when she sang it in the series, riding in with a smile on her face despite how upset she was to find out Alto left with Sheryl. I thought that showed a lot of her strength and courage, especially to perform while moving.

But the song itself... yeah, not one of her best ones. I still think Anata no Oto beats it.

To me, if she gets more mature sounding songs, it means her character has grown, which is what we all want, right? For her to grow up and be a woman?

Quote:
...What on earth does this have to do with anything. I was talking about song tracks wtf. ZZzzzzzz
Tori Aimo is the name of the track on Sayonara no Tsubasa. Aimo was the original track. You said you disliked the original Tori Aimo. Well, I think you would mean Tori no Aimo - the one from Birdman. Specify is what I'm saying.

Quote:
Oh I beg to differ. Diamond Crevasse starts gently and drags people out into total emotional hammering. I remember bawling so hard at mikhails death- less because I was sad about Mikhail (who I honestly cared very little for) but because the song set the mood so well. Hoshi Kira...is flat. It's pretty and just boring.

"Sou Da You" was more interesting than Hoshi Kira would ever be.
Here are the lyrics,
Spoiler for lyrics to Hoshi Kira (sad):

To me, this is a Sheryl song written for Ranka to sing. But I love it because it's so beautiful.
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 17:54   Link #2603
Thess

Quote:
Here are the lyrics,
Spoiler for lyrics to Hoshi Kira (sad):

To me, this is a Sheryl song written for Ranka to sing. But I love it because it's so beautiful.
The lyrics are beautiful, but I wish the arrangement would have been a bit more original. It's still nice to listen but I wish Megumi would have injected more emotion in the song.

It's not just as Diamond Crevasse, but a lot of Sheryl's songs share that theme of star-crossed lovers. Liebe, Infinity, Eternity, etc (Northern Cross & Yousei to a degree too, although those and Sayonara no Tsubasa I think indicates the separation is from the singer's possible death) from Sheryl have a similar theme: Separation (by grisly circumstances of death and war) from the person you love.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-03-12, 19:26   Link #2604
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The lyrics are beautiful, but I wish the arrangement would have been a bit more original. It's still nice to listen but I wish Megumi would have injected more emotion in the song.

It's not just as Diamond Crevasse, but a lot of Sheryl's songs share that theme of star-crossed lovers. Liebe, Infinity, Eternity, etc (Northern Cross & Yousei to a degree too, although those and Sayonara no Tsubasa I think indicates the separation is from the singer's possible death) from Sheryl have a similar theme: Separation (by grisly circumstances of death and war) from the person you love.
Lack of emotion when singing tends to be Megumi's main problem when singing, which is why I tend to not like her Sheryl covers of Lion, Obelisk, and Diamond Crevasse, and Iteza (live concert) because of how flat she sounds when singing it.

And considering that a lot of instrumentals for the songs Megumi sings are emotional themselves that it helps give the illusion of emotion in her voice. Heck you can even hear in the song Hoshi Watari that I posted a page back. I downloaded the album for it and trust me when I say that the instrumental version of the song can bring you tears.

But hey Megumi is still a newbie she may or may never learn to sing with emotion.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 19:37   Link #2605
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Lack of emotion when singing tends to be Megumi's main problem when singing, which is why I tend to not like her Sheryl covers of Lion, Obelisk, and Diamond Crevasse, and Iteza (live concert) because of how flat she sounds when singing it.

And considering that a lot of instrumentals for the songs Megumi sings are emotional themselves that it helps give the illusion of emotion in her voice. Heck you can even hear in the song Hoshi Watari that I posted a page back. I downloaded the album for it and trust me when I say that the instrumental version of the song can bring you tears.

But hey Megumi is still a newbie she may or may never learn to sing with emotion.
In that case, she and I sing alike. It's more like a part of our age. We both haven't grown out of the childish, squeaky voices. When I sing, I sound emotional, but when I listen to it back, it sounds flat and emotionless, like I'm laughing through the whole thing. For Nakajima, I'm sure it's the same.

I think, when she grows up more, you should look back to her with new eyes and see if she's sung newer and more emotional songs.

All I know is that Diamond Crevasse, the instrumental, doesn't make me cry or smile, just makes me go "huh?" It just sounds flat until the chorus. That, to me, makes Hoshi Kira much better, as it has more instrumentals. I'd love to hear the new version of Northern Cross without the vocals, as the music is quite beautiful and sad there. T___T
Old 2011-03-12, 20:02   Link #2606
Thess

It's my weakness too! I have a voice similar to Megumi (obviously not a professionally trained!), but with the clear, pure notes that sadly lack emotion. The song just sounds nice to the ears. Then there is my best friend who has a lot of of emotion, but has those acquired taste voices, kind of like May'n (but again not really as trained either). She wants the song touch people's hearts way. It had interesting effects when we sang in the high school choir.

...I just realized I'm a shy Taurus like Ranka and she's an adventurous Sagittarius like Sheryl. But I honestly resemble more to Nanase, sans purple hair.

Old 2011-03-12, 20:33   Link #2607
wisteria233

Quote:
In that case, she and I sing alike. It's more like a part of our age. We both haven't grown out of the childish, squeaky voices. When I sing, I sound emotional, but when I listen to it back, it sounds flat and emotionless, like I'm laughing through the whole thing. For Nakajima, I'm sure it's the same.

I think, when she grows up more, you should look back to her with new eyes and see if she's sung newer and more emotional songs.

All I know is that Diamond Crevasse, the instrumental, doesn't make me cry or smile, just makes me go "huh?" It just sounds flat until the chorus. That, to me, makes Hoshi Kira much better, as it has more instrumentals. I'd love to hear the new version of Northern Cross without the vocals, as the music is quite beautiful and sad there. T___T
Its not really a sign of age considering that May'n is only a few months younger than NakaMegu. Also NakaMegu real voice is actually deeper than the voice that she uses for Ranka.

But like a said NakaMegu may learn to do it, or she may never learn time will tell. Though her high-pitch octave is actually normal for J-Pop singers.

When I used to sing, over singing was my problem. So trust me when I say that the extreme alternative isn't much better.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2011-03-12 at 20:45.
Old 2011-03-13, 01:02   Link #2608
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Its not really a sign of age considering that May'n is only a few months younger than NakaMegu. Also NakaMegu real voice is actually deeper than the voice that she uses for Ranka.

But like a said NakaMegu may learn to do it, or she may never learn time will tell. Though her high-pitch octave is actually normal for J-Pop singers.

When I used to sing, over singing was my problem. So trust me when I say that the extreme alternative isn't much better.
Here's the thing though, I love Tenshi ni Naritai!!! It sounds very nice and catchy to my ears. But for some reason, I never really like Mamegu singing as Ranka (I think it may have to do with Ranka's overly-happy-and-a-little-childish songs). However, now that Macross F has ended, I hope to support Mamegu's songs more and more in the future.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 01:43   Link #2609
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Here's the thing though, I love Tenshi ni Naritai!!! It sounds very nice and catchy to my ears. But for some reason, I never really like Mamegu singing as Ranka (I think it may have to do with Ranka's overly-happy-and-a-little-childish songs). However, now that Macross F has ended, I hope to support Mamegu's songs more and more in the future.
Actually NakaMegu sounds younger than Ranka in the album version of this song if that were even possible and its obviously not her real voice as it sounds like she's trying her hardest to make herself sound that young. But yeah NakaMegu really does need to stray away from her Ranka persona, both in the songs she sings, and her style of singing them.
Old 2011-03-13, 03:17   Link #2610
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Actually NakaMegu sounds younger than Ranka in the album version of this song if that were even possible and its obviously not her real voice as it sounds like she's trying her hardest to make herself sound that young. But yeah NakaMegu really does need to stray away from her Ranka persona, both in the songs she sings, and her style of singing them.
And as she proved herself to all of us that she can now sings waaaaaaaaaaay better than before...I really hope she will improve her dancing skills, too...'cause they...look awkward...Still, I like you, Mamegu!!!

And I think the reason I don't like Ranka's songs much is because I kept comparing her songs (Mamegu) with Sheryl's (May'n). Now I think both of them sing beautifully, but before (when the series first started) May'n has had more experience than Mamegu so it's no wonder I think Mamegu couldn't sing well. But now I know that it was wrong of me.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 05:19   Link #2611
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
And as she proved herself to all of us that she can now sings waaaaaaaaaaay better than before...I really hope she will improve her dancing skills, too...'cause they...look awkward...Still, I like you, Mamegu!!!

And I think the reason I don't like Ranka's songs much is because I kept comparing her songs (Mamegu) with Sheryl's (May'n). Now I think both of them sing beautifully, but before (when the series first started) May'n has had more experience than Mamegu so it's no wonder I think Mamegu couldn't sing well. But now I know that it was wrong of me.
Then again, in the beginning and even in the end of Macross F, Nakajima doesn't really get much exposure. I mean, she wasn't as popular as May'n. By the time she started to shed that cocoon and become a singer, May'n was already way more popular, as she had started singing and produced singles/albums before Nakajima. But, as Ranka, she still didn't get HALF the exposure as May'n did as Sheryl. Like I stated a while back, Sheryl has way more songs (20) than Ranka (12). When it comes to Ranka's commercial songs, she might have around 5-10 more, but still, Sheryl sung way more long or serious songs. So, Nakajima never really got a chance to sing sad songs except Aoi no Ether.

It's not that she can't sing well, but she's constantly trying to suppress her age. She's grown since being many of her characters on TV. Her voice has gotten more like her speaking voice. Someone mentioned that her voice was very strained while playing Ranka in the 1st movie. This is true. She cannot really hit those tones anymore. But she tries, because she's like Ranka, trying to do what everyone expects of her till the end.

Nakajima really did express that she was a lot LIKE Ranka. So, we have to think of Ranka when thinking of Nakajima sometimes.
Old 2011-03-13, 06:06   Link #2612
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Nakajima really did express that she was a lot LIKE Ranka. So, we have to think of Ranka when thinking of Nakajima sometimes.
That's probably why most people who do not like her feel that way, tho.

Personally, I like some of her songs, specially the homages to Minmei, but I cannot hide that I prefer May'n and her range, by a longshot. Wish her nothing but the best, tho, as she seems a nice girl - even if the people who choose her stage clothes need to be flogged.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 06:21   Link #2613
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That's probably why most people who do not like her feel that way, tho.

Personally, I like some of her songs, specially the homages to Minmei, but I cannot hide that I prefer May'n and her range, by a longshot. Wish her nothing but the best, tho, as she seems a nice girl - even if the people who choose her stage clothes need to be flogged.
Well, if you feel sad or depressed, listen to some of Megumi Nakajima's songs, or even just the Ranka ones. It'll cheer you up, hearing that loud and happy voice.
Old 2011-03-13, 09:33   Link #2614
wisteria233

Quote:

Which puts a whole new spin on her saying that tv series Ranka should get out of her shell.

Though seriously the lack of range that she's forcing herself to not have, will probably stop her from getting too far. I remember vocaloid users were wary of GUMI because of NakaMegu's lack of range.

I really think that she should work more with her normal voice as it sounds more authentic that way. In a way she's hampering her own popularity by limiting herself, because you don't want to buy an album where the singer sounds like she's straining her voice.
Old 2011-03-13, 10:36   Link #2615
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Which puts a whole new spin on her saying that tv series Ranka should get out of her shell.
I agree. But then again, Ranka is more than just Nakajima's twin. She's also like a twin to Mao and the replica of Minmei. Except, in a lot of ways, Ranka differs from Minmei and becomes more like Mao when it comes to dealing with Alto. After all, Minmei treated Hikaru as a friend and didn't love him till the end whilst Ranka loved Alto from the very beginning but was too shy and afraid to tell him. Her character is shy, like Nakajima, yet she's obsessed with her career like Minmei, and upset that Sheryl gets Alto like Mao to her sister, Sara.

Three characters in one... wow. Kawamori is a troll.

Quote:
Though seriously the lack of range that she's forcing herself to not have, will probably stop her from getting too far. I remember vocaloid users were wary of GUMI because of NakaMegu's lack of range.
I like her songs. Most of them, anyway. Mostly because her singing happily in a sad song makes it bearable. When I first heard Diamond Crevasse in Ep20, I turned off the Media player so I wouldn't cry. It was heart wrenching even though I didn't have subtitles for it. After the Heart Rain is said to be sad, but even so, the way she sings it begs to differ and so, I don't think of sad thoughts like everytime I listen to Diamond Crevasse.

Um, Vocaloid was horrible. Or it has some horribly flat singers. I listened to quite a few of their songs and I had to find dubs or covers just to bear them! Especially Magnet. I don't like their version of Lion either. I prefer the original Lion because their duet together sounds horrible, like they're machines. I think I'd prefer the singing ability of Nakajima or Utada Hikaru at that point.

Quote:
I really think that she should work more with her normal voice as it sounds more authentic that way. In a way she's hampering her own popularity by limiting herself, because you don't want to buy an album where the singer sounds like she's straining her voice.
I agree that she should use more tactics when it comes to songs, but perhaps she likes how it sounds? Plus, she has to rely on the record company's approval of the album. So, if they want her to sing like a child, she will. But it is so sad.

I'd still buy her albums. It shows my support to her. But I'm not so sure about others except for my friends and those who like Macross.

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2011-12-07 at 05:14.
Old 2011-03-13, 11:03   Link #2616
wisteria233

Quote:
I agree. But then again, Ranka is more than just Nakajima's twin. She's also like a twin to Mao and the replica of Minmei. Except, in a lot of ways, Ranka differs from Minmei and becomes more like Mao when it comes to dealing with Alto. After all, Minmei treated Hikaru as a friend and didn't love him till the end whilst Ranka loved Alto from the very beginning but was too shy and afraid to tell him. Her character is shy, like Nakajima, yet she's obsessed with her career like Minmei, and upset that Sheryl gets Alto like Mao to her sister, Sara.

Three characters in one... wow. Kawamori is a troll.
except Megumi is actually older than May'n funny how that works.

Quote:
I like her songs. Most of them, anyway. Mostly because her singing happily in a sad song makes it bearable. When I first heard Diamond Crevasse in Ep20, I turned off the Media player so I wouldn't cry. It was heart wrenching even though I didn't have subtitles for it. After the Heart Rain is said to be sad, but even so, the way she sings it begs to differ and so, I don't think of sad thoughts like everytime I listen to Diamond Crevasse.
I like some of her songs, but I really wish that she would have a wider variety, cause it can get tiring hearing nothing but happy songs.

Quote:
Um, Vocaloid was horrible. Or it has some horribly flat singers. I listened to quite a few of their songs and I had to find dubs or covers just to bear them! Especially Magnet. I don't like their version of Lion either. I prefer the original Lion because their duet together sounds horrible, like they're machines. I think I'd prefer the singing ability of Nakajima or Utada Hikaru at that point.
It depends on the user if you hear a bad version its usually means that the user could not utilize the program correctly. I have yet to hear someone master the Append program which allows the Vocaloid to use emphasis on their words.

Quote:
I agree that she should use more tactics when it comes to songs, but perhaps she likes how it sounds? Plus, she has to rely on the record company's approval of the album. So, if they want her to sing like a child, she will. But it is so sad.
I know what you mean her record company may be doing it to ride on the success of MacrossF but its result will just limit NakaMegu's fanbase, especially now that her voice is deeper. While May'n had song in songs before the release of MacossF she never released a full album, but by the time that her own album came out her record company most likely became aware of her range. They were probably just waiting for something to help make her debut. I probably helps that the character she provided a singing voice to was mature and so could sing a large range of songs.

Quote:
Spoiler for off-topic - earthquake & tsunami:
I was also browsing Pixiv (for Zoids pics) when it suddenly went out. I had no idea what happened and I also thought that maybe they were doing some maintenance until I translated the error message. But I haven't heard anything about Kawamori yet.
Old 2011-03-14, 03:44   Link #2617
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
except Megumi is actually older than May'n funny how that works.
How ironic that Nakajima is older than May'n but the character she plays, Ranka, is younger than Sheryl.

Quote:
I like some of her songs, but I really wish that she would have a wider variety, cause it can get tiring hearing nothing but happy songs.
Well, if you're down, pop one into your Ipod and listen to it. That outga make ya happy. I love her "Be Myself" track especially. It makes me think Ranka is actually singing it because of the lyrics.

Quote:
It depends on the user if you hear a bad version its usually means that the user could not utilize the program correctly. I have yet to hear someone master the Append program which allows the Vocaloid to use emphasis on their words.
I'm talking about the album/soundtrack or whatever that came from it. I downloaded it via Nipposei. The girls' voices sounded horrible. I think one track was of Miku's, and her voice was so flat, I felt like I was listening to a machine. Yet at least six hundred people I know love their songs. I think I'd rather stick with someone who can't get out of her range but still sings good songs like Nakajima over Vocaloid any day.

Quote:
I know what you mean her record company may be doing it to ride on the success of MacrossF but its result will just limit NakaMegu's fanbase, especially now that her voice is deeper. While May'n had song in songs before the release of MacossF she never released a full album, but by the time that her own album came out her record company most likely became aware of her range. They were probably just waiting for something to help make her debut. I probably helps that the character she provided a singing voice to was mature and so could sing a large range of songs.
Yes, but what I'm thinking is that when Nakajima started, they thought she couldn't reach the potential of the other singers, especially like Utada Hikari, and so they forced her to do the same tone over and over again. Remember that she has singles and songs before Macross F. THEN Macross F came and Kawamori hired her. Then, when she released her first full album, May'n had already become 3 times more popular because of Sheryl. And so, she didn't get much attention. It doesn't help that she plays a character that's probably not only younger than her but acts like a child most of the time. It's sad.

As for May'n; she didn't seem to like Macross F at first, from what I recall; but once she became Sheryl, she became attached to her character just as Nakajima was Ranka. But Kawamori didn't like her normal voice, I guess, and hired Aya Endo. How cute...

Quote:
I was also browsing Pixiv (for Zoids pics) when it suddenly went out. I had no idea what happened and I also thought that maybe they were doing some maintenance until I translated the error message. But I haven't heard anything about Kawamori yet.
We were both in the same place at the same time, just on different subjects. I was looking for Ranka, Sheryl, and Alto pics in the Macross F section. I didn't translate the error message because I was too tired, so I was upset over nothing.

I hope Kawamori is okay then.
Old 2011-03-14, 14:28   Link #2618
wisteria233

Quote:

Well, if you're down, pop one into your Ipod and listen to it. That outga make ya happy. I love her "Be Myself" track especially. It makes me think Ranka is actually singing it because of the lyrics.
Really I though that "Be Myself" was bad, and kinda ironic considering that she was using her Ranka voice, which is much higher pitched than her real voice even back then, not her natural tone. Then again I don't like Taylor Swift songs for the exact same reason, because many of her songs are too flighty.

Quote:

I'm talking about the album/soundtrack or whatever that came from it. I downloaded it via Nipposei. The girls' voices sounded horrible. I think one track was of Miku's, and her voice was so flat, I felt like I was listening to a machine. Yet at least six hundred people I know love their songs. I think I'd rather stick with someone who can't get out of her range but still sings good songs like Nakajima over Vocaloid any day.
Well vocaloids aren't for everyone, at the end of the day they are nothing but instruments. The new ones seem to be much better at providing variation but like I said not many people have mastered the new program yet. Though you will probably never hear NakaMegu sing some of the songs they give GUMI. That's really because a lot of the songs that the users give GUMI are the type that NakaMegu would never sing, which require the use of a lower octave. I mean it quite a few of GUMI's more popular songs range from conspiracy theory about "The Man" trying to hold her down, to scary and/or depressive, and mature. I kinda find that in and of itself pretty sad, cause I want to hear NakaMegu sing 16bit Wars.

Quote:
Yes, but what I'm thinking is that when Nakajima started, they thought she couldn't reach the potential of the other singers, especially like Utada Hikari, and so they forced her to do the same tone over and over again. Remember that she has singles and songs before Macross F. THEN Macross F came and Kawamori hired her. Then, when she released her first full album, May'n had already become 3 times more popular because of Sheryl. And so, she didn't get much attention. It doesn't help that she plays a character that's probably not only younger than her but acts like a child most of the time. It's sad.
NakaMegu didn't have any other single before Macross F. MF was her debut both in the world of Seiyuu and the music world, and in a way I think its also what's holding her back. She really needs to be more daring. The sad thing is that what her record label is doing is just dating her music. I mean really what happens when people forget about Ranka Lee from Macross F? She'll just fade to obscurity.
Quote:
As for May'n; she didn't seem to like Macross F at first, from what I recall; but once she became Sheryl, she became attached to her character just as Nakajima was Ranka. But Kawamori didn't like her normal voice, I guess, and hired Aya Endo. How cute...
Really that's news to me I never heard that before. And also not everyone can just turn around and become a seiyuu. They need to have training first. NakaMegu recieved training to become a seiyuu, but May'n as far as I know did not. Besides the deal between Sheryl, Aya Endou, and May'n isn't something unique to Macross. Just look at the anime version of Nana, and Gravitation.
Old 2011-03-18, 01:50   Link #2619
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Unhappy

I just checked the lyrics of the song "Sou da yo" and ...

Spoiler for movie spoiler:
triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 09:07   Link #2620
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

always beautiful to watch her perform~ <3

and a funsie I stumbled upon!

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music