How about monkey punch.
Better, but I prefer Monkey Fist.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:17   Link #182
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
...You guys ever find yourself watching any episode more than once? So far I've watched this episode three times and got something new, or maybe something I've missed, out of it each time.
Yes, I usually watch each ep three times or so: twice raw and once subbed, or vice-versa. It means some other shows get passed over, but this one is worth it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:56   Link #183
Reekon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Hmm.. how about Baru Knuckle?
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 23:23   Link #184
solomon

I think I watched ep 5 about 6 times, 4 times for actual listening comprehension and checking (thats 3 times raw and once subbed) and then another 2 times just for the heck of it, primarily for the conversation at the end.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 02:33   Link #185
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekon View Post
hmm.. How about baru knuckle? :d
♥~love-love-super-miracle-yuri-fist~♥

EDIT: It works on your yuri lover and also turns faces into v*ginas
Spoiler for Now that's some penetration:

Last edited by ac195; 2009-08-26 at 03:35.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 09:17   Link #186
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think is Araragi said yes to Kanubara, he wouldn't live to see sun raise.
I dont think any amount of healing would bring Araragi back from where Senjougahara would send him. If he entertained Kanubara proposal
Old 2009-08-26, 13:25   Link #187
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
♥~love-love-super-miracle-yuri-fist~♥

EDIT: It works on your yuri lover and also turns faces into v*ginas
Spoiler for Now that's some penetration:
I wasn't sure, but I see now, her fist actually goes IN his face. Wouldn't a normal person be dead after that? Or is that just an animation thing? XD
Old 2009-08-26, 13:38   Link #188
Marion
The Great Dine

Finally got to watching the episode, can't say I'm disappointed. The faces were hilarious and Suruga just made me laugh.

Spoiler for episode 7:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:43   Link #189
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Finally got to watching the episode, can't say I'm disappointed. The faces were hilarious and Suruga just made me laugh.

Spoiler for episode 7:
He's not secretly a pervert. He just tries not to be.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:55   Link #190
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

More like.. he's a normal guy and normal guys are all perverts. Its just a question of how much they show it.
Old 2009-08-26, 14:28   Link #191
Marion
The Great Dine

But he quite literally went on a tangent about it, even though he knew that's not what they were talking about
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 15:24   Link #192
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
He's not secretly a pervert. He just tries not to be.
He also fools himself into thinking he's not a lolicon either.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 02:55   Link #193
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
But he quite literally went on a tangent about it, even though he knew that's not what they were talking about
That's because at that point, if he brushed it aside it would always bug him and he might not get the chance to receive a straight answer. I'm sure if a girl casually slipped that sort of information in while you were talking to them, you would be at least somewhat curious to know what the truth is.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 15:38   Link #194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Continuing my marathon to get caught up....

This episode was *much* better than the last (the "zero budget for animation so we used Powerpoint" silliness). So hopefully, ep6 will be the only episode so thoroughly crushed into a slide presentation.

Thoroughly enjoyed the repartee between Suguru and Araragi (I wish more people were as witty as this crowd of characters; this series is downright Shakepearean at times).

Also interesting how they feed tiny tidbits about the loli-vampire that haunts Oshino's lair.

So... the question is "how many times has Suguru used her arm to wish?" Hopefully, she's only used it once (to wish for Hitagi).
Old 2009-09-19, 23:54   Link #195
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
How about monkey punch.
Already taken... Monkey Punch is the mangaka who wrote Lupin III.

Quote:
Also already taken... Lord Monty Fisk, aka Monkey Fist a villain on the Disney animated series Kim Possible.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 10:16   Link #196
destiny4everlove

Episode 7

-Araragi wasn’t surprised at the arm, but he was surprised at Kanbaru being a lesbian. Araragi’s expression of surprise was priceless!!

-Kanbaru sure has a love obsession with Senjo. A dangerous one at that.

-Araragi is such a pervy, as soon as Kanbaru said she wasn’t wearing panties his imagination went wild!!

- I liked how the names of the characters in this series have important meanings in the story itself.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 07:12   Link #197
Liddo-kun
is this so?

This episode is creepy, but it's also the one that made me laugh so hard. Koyomi is lying severely battered on the ground while she says something like "I did come chasing after you to make fun of you though".
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 02:24   Link #198
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Trying to continue this series in anticpation of Niseimongatari.

Personally, I could really care less about Senjougahara-sama, but Suraga just seems like more fun. Even if she's crazy and (unfortunately) does not like men. But that would be like my yuri fanboy in me talking so...

I really liked the music in this episode. That alone carried it, though the lack of animation continues to annoy me a bit. Man all those books of hers... same color too. 8/10; this is probably my favorite episode thus far. Everything feels laid out in a fashion that lets the story flow well as you realize things bit by bit.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 00:07   Link #199
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Probably the closest thing to a decent episode I've seen since episode 02, but alas it succumbed to it's usual tendencies before long. It really started off good with an amusing scene in the library between Araragi and Monkey and then followed up with some honest to god plot relevant dialogue for a solid 4 minutes and we got to learn about her deal with the monkey paw, but then as always it went back to the nonsensical random dialogue that I swear to god just seems to be about making sure the viewer knows exactly what each character particular quirk/appeal is supposed to be. Why this show has to be this blatant about marketing it's characters I don't understand. Like I get it, girls have boobs, Monkey is the tomboy/lesbian character and she's targetted towards people that like tomboy characters, we really don't need to spend close to half an episode making this apparent because it's already crystal clear from the moment she says it. Everyone loves Hitagi, got it, could we not move on?

The scene at the end sort of salvaged the episode because again it's something plot relevant that doesn't have to do with just putting the character of the arc on display for marketing purposes.

In spite of all of this it's the most decent episode I've seen in a while, but man I'm almost halfway through and still absolutely loathing these characters. They just continue to feel like products to me and even though they're all bizarre and unusual and quirky in some way I still really don't find them endearing for that reason. Oh well at least Monkey is the least offensive archetype that's portrayed so far so I guess that's the best praise I can give this episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:45   Link #200
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
but then as always it went back to the nonsensical random dialogue that I swear to god just seems to be about making sure the viewer knows exactly what each character particular quirk/appeal is supposed to be.
It's because Bakemonogatari is the adaptation of a light novel series. In a light novel the pace is different, and also each character has to be fleshed out through dialogues rather than pictures.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote