AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 18:04   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 344 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .
From now on this thread will be created early to discuss spoilers about the next chapter.
As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-28 at 17:43.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 18:33   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Spoiler for corresponding to what seems to be a fake script:

Ok, the following seems to be the real spoiler, since it matches up correctly with the already posted spoiler pictures.

Sasuke continues to push the chakra blade until it reaches the wall by going through Oro's arms.

Sasuke claims that Oro is weaker than him, and for this reason, he doesn't want to give his body to Oro. Sasuke continues to talk about Oro's intentions (as he couldn't obtain Itachi's body, he wanted to get Sasuke's). And then Sasuek very much underestimates Oro, telling him that, no matter what you do, regardless of your genius, you cannot match or exceed the name Uchiha (~that's right! Anrd that is why only 2 uchihas left from the clan!). Sasuke seems to make a connection between Oro's and Itachi's intentions and express his disgust.

After that, Sasuke suddenly attacks Oro, at what seems to be a very high speed. At the same time, Oro opens his mouth, and something (a white snake) flies out. Sasuke claims that the white snake is Oro's true form. Behind Sasuke, a big snake is formed from lots of small snakes (~as the spoiler pictures showed us). Sasuke further talks about Oro's experiments to change body and again tells him "this is your true form".

Now, Oro starts his attack while asking Sasuke nicely to give his body. Sasuke dodges the attack, and uses his sword to stop the small snakes. After being cornered, Sasuke decides using his cursed seal level 2. After that, while Oro was winding the snakes around Sasuke, Sasuke continues to mock Oro by saying "a snake crawling on the ground dreaming about flying in the sky... nothing but an impossibility..."

After that, Oro explodes his snakes, and it seems that Sasuke is about to fly away. This makes Oro to cry out Sasuke and jump at him.

Now, we are given a flasback (~I believe it to be, unless a genjutsu spell). Young Oro and the 3rd are in front a grave. The grave belongs to Oro's parents. There is a molted skin of snake on/around the grave. 3rd is surprised to see the skin, cause finding white snake or something belonging to it seems to be a rare thing. Oro and the 3rd continues to talk about the white snakes, and what they represent (i.e., your parents might have been reborn somewhere else, and maybe one day they can see you grow up - ~ interesting, maybe that is one of Oro's intentions to try to become an eternal being), etc.

Chapter ends with Oro smiling , while staring at the molted skin of the white snake.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-02-27 at 12:16.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 20:27   Link #3
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

Spoiler:
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 21:06   Link #4
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well now, I wasn't expecting the new chapter so early. Meh, you won't hear me complain about this one.

Spoiler for chapter 344:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2007-02-26 at 21:21.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 21:09   Link #5
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

its going to be awesome man i can feel it
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 21:44   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Well now, I wasn't expecting the new chapter so early. Meh, you won't hear me complain about this one.

Spoiler for chapter 344:
If he wants to train with Gai and lee of his speed. He better hope Gai doesn't make him wear that spandex he gave him earlier.
Old 2007-02-26, 21:57   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
If he wants to train with Gai and lee of his speed. He better hope Gai doesn't make him wear that spandex he gave him earlier.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-26, 23:05   Link #8
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Um, there shouldn't be any need for spoiler tags since this thread was created solely to discuss 344 spoilers right?

I like this spoiler even if it hasn't been confirmed. It brings Sasuke back down to earth while still showing how powerful he's gotten. At the same time, it boosts Oro's (and by default Itachi's) impressiveness. Nothing from Kabuto though. The prospect of Naruto learning taijutsu is exciting because his taijustu has always been unimpressive considering he is mostly a close-range fighter. But the KB training shouldn't be effective here unless like Fukitsu said, it is somehow added that the bunshin also transmit physical experience back to the user. Also, there's the fact that even the superior speed offered by the Kyuubi didn't do Naruto much good against the Sharingan in the past.

There's other spoilers out also. They haven't been translated yet. This one seems the most likely so far, but it'd be good to compare it to these new ones.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 00:50   Link #9
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I would love to see Naruto train with Gai and Rock Lee. That would be so totally awesome.

Give them a standalone training arc together.

Xellos//
Of course Naruto needs to wear those green spandex.

(And he did like the ones he got pre-timeskip. )

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:02   Link #10
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

If Naruto can manage to outrun Lee or Gai...then i'd be very impressive...especially if he can also do it when they use the Gates...but if he can....he'd be way above the level of a jounin (since Gai can use gates which give him powers near or above that of a Hokage)

Not only that....about the spoiler in this thread...if Sasuke attacks both Kabuto & Orochimaru then he really seeks trouble.
Old 2007-02-27, 02:13   Link #11
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

If this is indeed real and Orochimaru is using water jutsu, does that mean that Sarutobi never took Orochimaru's ability to use jutsu permanently, and used the 4th's jutsu just to ruin Oro's flesh arms?
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:42   Link #12
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
If this is indeed real and Orochimaru is using water jutsu, does that mean that Sarutobi never took Orochimaru's ability to use jutsu permanently, and used the 4th's jutsu just to ruin Oro's flesh arms?
First, I would like to ask whether you have read the chapter when Oro fought against 4-tailed Naruto. At that time, Oro used a jutsu (summoning three gates) that showed he had healed, so it's not something new.

And, for the question, it was supposed to permanently disable Oro - since the jutsu targeted his soul rather than his body, but, it seems that Oro's technique allowed him to recover the corrupted pieces in his soul with the soul he was integrating with.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:53   Link #13
baalthaczaar

ive always thought there was only one kusanagi sword. that oro and sasuke was sharing it. am i right?
baalthaczaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 03:44   Link #14
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalthaczaar
ive always thought there was only one kusanagi sword. that oro and sasuke was sharing it. am i right?
No. Seemingly both have a kusanagi since both look quite different. And the whole Sasuke meeting Sai, Naruto and company showing up and Sasuke having the sword with him after being awoken by Sai.

Last edited by Rachy; 2007-02-27 at 04:09.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 03:54   Link #15
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
This is another section of Narutos development. He's in the process of developing his Ninjutsu like the Fuuton Rasengan and Rasen Shuriken and now it is time to improve his Taijutsu rather than just doing his usual Kamikaze Kage Bunshin.

I think if Naruto wore extremely heavy waits and performed Kage Bunshin and trained in them it's give him weeks worth of wearing the waits in a matter of days. Just like the Affinity training. Also Gai and Lee could train groups of Bunshin in certain ways of Taijutsu.

For example; Naruto makes 200 clones. Gai trains 100 of the clones in a certain Taijutsu style and Lee trains the other 100 clones in a different style. This would cover the wide area of Taijutsu styles quicker!
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 04:11   Link #16
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Still even if Naruto wii be fast he doesn't have a sharingan. And for the love of god Kishimoto show us Team kiba for a change. Its like they're no longer part of konoha.
Old 2007-02-27, 04:17   Link #17
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
Still even if Naruto wii be fast he doesn't have a sharingan. And for the love of god Kishimoto show us Team kiba for a change. Its like they're no longer part of konoha.
They're out shopping for a crib, some baby clothes, and a rattle.

And a packet of cigarettes if this kid is gonna be anything like his father.

His name; Chimney Sarutobi!
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 04:47   Link #18
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
First, I would like to ask whether you have read the chapter when Oro fought against 4-tailed Naruto. At that time, Oro used a jutsu (summoning three gates) that showed he had healed, so it's not something new.

And, for the question, it was supposed to permanently disable Oro - since the jutsu targeted his soul rather than his body, but, it seems that Oro's technique allowed him to recover the corrupted pieces in his soul with the soul he was integrating with.
That would make sense, that and the fact that Orochimaru has been teaching Sasuke countless jutsu for the past 2.5 years.

Anyways, about the spoiler. To me it seems like Orochimaru isn't concerned at all about Sasuke because there isn't a jutsu in Sasuke's arsenal that could take him out. It's probable that Orochimaru is saving an ultimate jutsu, like the FR in Naruto's case, to convince Sasuke that he still has more to learn, just as a backup in case something like this happened. After revealing this to Sasuke, Oro will be able to control him again. Just a theory, considering the fact that Sasuke will definitely need a jutsu to counter the FR.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 05:01   Link #19
kheldorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Sasuke doesn't seem to enjoy the dialogue, as he starts his attack towards Oro. He first uses a fire based attack, Oro responds it with a water-based attack.
Sasuke: You’re quite brave to stand up to it with that body of yours. Isn’t prey supposed to run around tense and afraid…?
Sasuke: …In the face of a predator.

That doesn't seem as if he's not enjoying the dialogue. Those are similar to the words that Oro said to Sasuke when they first met at the Forest of Death. So it will probably be fitting that it is said again this time by Sasuke before he kills Oro. You can always count on Sasuke to give smart/arrogant/cool comments.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 05:16   Link #20
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
Sasuke: You’re quite brave to stand up to it with that body of yours. Isn’t prey supposed to run around tense and afraid…?
Sasuke: …In the face of a predator.

That doesn't seem as if he's not enjoying the dialogue. Those are similar to the words that Oro said to Sasuke when they first met at the Forest of Death. So it will probably be fitting that it is said again this time by Sasuke before he kills Oro. You can always count on Sasuke to give smart/arrogant/cool comments.
When I think Sasuke can’t get anymore badass he surprise me... he's not even at max yet
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote