AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-07, 09:09   Link #621
konart

Quote:
DECREASED the damage AA guns to infantry? WHY? If anything, it should be INCREASED. Good Lord. A 20mm cannon like that would pop a person like an overripe tomato.
They are doing this because many people use AA as an infantry fighting vehicle. Even after nerfing it's still gonna be beast.

DICE reveal three upcoming DLC addons!

Quote:
Three DLC addons are to land on Battlefield 3 starting in June, the first of the packs will be titled Battlefield 3: Close Quarters - you can find the all important details below:

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters – In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.
Click HERE to view an overview of Close Quarters on Battlefield.com!

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill – Following the tight infantry gameplay of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do. Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.

Battlefield 3: End Game – The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.

The dates for these packs are to be outlined in the future, but at the moment we can say the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters lands in June, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill in the fall, and Battlefield 3: End Game in the winter.

Also taken from the press release is the addition of a "Rent-a-Server" feature for console players!
Battlefield 3 is supported by a robust, and completely free social platform called Battlelog that invites players to compete, communicate and play with friends. Gamers track personal stats, compare against other players and join a platoon in an effort to dominate the battlefield. To add to the competitive fervor, a fully integrated rent-a-server program for console players will be available for gamers to play online with friends the way they want to play in either private, public, ranked or unranked matches. For more information about these enhancements and future plans for Battlelog, please visit www.battlefield.com.

Source: http://ea.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1741
Old 2012-03-07, 10:31   Link #622
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They are doing this because many people use AA as an infantry fighting vehicle. Even after nerfing it's still gonna be beast.
I realize that mostly because I use the AA guns in that exact manner. My point is that platforms like that are designed to be used in ground support, anyway. I see no need to nerf them. What damage are they going to do to ground units now? Same as a machine gun? Nerfing is one thing. Putting two incredibly different platforms on the same level is something entirely different.

They're already lightly armored. I'm all for leaving them vulnerable to attack while maintaining their awesome killing power. Otherwise, they're rather useless because, as we all know, aircraft with flares are basically invulnerable to ground-based anti-air. The range of the cannon is too short to hit most aircraft, so it is effectively useless against aircraft.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 19:13   Link #623
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Some screenshots and gameplay video now available for the new expansion.
Old 2012-03-13, 19:41   Link #624
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Damn, if they can release all of those as one special price pack, I'm totally in. My friends and I play this game all the time and additional maps are always welcome.

Now if I can stop going on C4 runs and actually learn to pilot aircraft...
Old 2012-03-13, 22:21   Link #625
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Saw that; strongly suspect the shotgun used around 0:40 is the Pancor Jackhammer (reference) - which never got beyond prototype form, but despite its distinct appearance is rarely seen in games. Its optional 'Bear Trap' accessory - a reusable device which turns one of the ten-round drums into an ersatz claymore - might not make the cut, however.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 06:35   Link #626
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Uh...isn't the Jackhammer already available on BF3 as the Mk3 A1?

What's more interesting IMHO is the "take cover" function that is some sort of replacement for the lean/peek move that is available on most FPS games - though I have to wonder if it'll be useful in what appears to be a highly dynamic and chaotic (footage suggests a lot of close combat mayhem) environment.
Old 2012-03-14, 14:36   Link #627
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Played this with surround sound...omg that BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-03-14 at 15:58.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 18:03   Link #628
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Finally made my way up to 700 knife kills.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:05   Link #629
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Think I have like... 2 knife kills. I just don't remember to use it.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:55   Link #630
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I probably have like 70 knife kills. I don't use it as much as I should if I want to get the Melee ribbon or award.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 22:23   Link #631
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I probably have like 70 knife kills. I don't use it as much as I should if I want to get the Melee ribbon or award.
The thing is that the knife is my top weapon lol. I am more of an assassin than an FPS player lol.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 06:50   Link #632
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Tried out Team Deathmatch for the first time tonight with a mate.

Well eight straight wins later... XD

I just unlocked the L85A2 last night and well, I have to say I'm a big fan now. Got 150 kills over the course of those rounds and have found my ideal set up. Holographic, suppressor and foregrip.

Probably replace the EoTech with the PKA-S since I prefer the larger sight picture. Very accurate weapon for medium range battle. Only critique is what I find a lack of power, I swear I hit one sniper half a dozen times before he was shot by a friendly sniper and I only got an assist of sixty odd and he was barely a hundred metres away.

Most I've ever been the assault class in a single sitting I reckon. lol.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 08:09   Link #633
Mr Hat and Clogs

Don't get to comfy with a gun setup since the patch is rebalancing a lot of the mods in a way that they provide a multiplicative bonus instead of an additive one, or something along those lines. It's mostly to break these 'ideal' setups.

Or so I hear.
Old 2012-03-15, 13:16   Link #634
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

They really, really, really need to patch the USAS-12 and the Little Bird. I've been playing several matches where someone will spam the USAS-12 frag rounds from halfway across the map and killing several people without even trying, and the Little Bird holds 4 people and has enough health to survive multiple rockets while people inside it repair it constantly. We actually had a Tunguska, 2 Engineers (with lock-on rockets) and a Frogfoot hit it endlessly (this was our squad) to no avail. That, and the Little Bird could land on buildings and hide behind them to keep safe from the Tunguska and the rockets. It spent the ENTIRE match alive and every person in it got over 30 kills and under 3 deaths. It was ridiculous.
Old 2012-03-15, 14:29   Link #635
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
They really, really, really need to patch the USAS-12 and the Little Bird. I've been playing several matches where someone will spam the USAS-12 frag rounds from halfway across the map and killing several people without even trying...
I'm curious, does this happen with any other shotgun's hi-ex slugs?

Quote:
...and the Little Bird holds 4 people and has enough health to survive multiple rockets while people inside it repair it constantly...

-example redacted-
The base 'health' of a Little Bird is surely quite a bit lower than that of an Apache or Hokum - the situation you describe sounds like three engineers being able to repair faster than the rockets can do damage. Do you see similar situations with ground vehicles? Also, is there a perk that increases the engineer's repair rate?

Whatever the answers, the example described is indeed ridiculous. Though I'm not sure why you mentioned the fact that the thing can land on and hide behind buildings... those are among the reasons it's in service to begin with.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 14:45   Link #636
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I'm curious, does this happen with any other shotgun's hi-ex slugs?
Now that I'm quite unsure of, actually. I get destroyed by so many across-the-map USAS-12 shots that I haven't noticed any other shotguns.

Quote:
The base 'health' of a Little Bird is surely quite a bit lower than that of an Apache or Hokum - the situation you describe sounds like three engineers being able to repair faster than the rockets can do damage. Do you see similar situations with ground vehicles? Also, is there a perk that increases the engineer's repair rate?

Whatever the answers, the example described is indeed ridiculous. Though I'm not sure why you mentioned the fact that the thing can land on and hide behind buildings... those are among the reasons it's in service to begin with.
See, that's the thing. There was surely the pilot firing rockets down on us, and at least one machine-gunner on the side. There were only 2 engineers at the most at one time. Thing with land vehicles is- mortars and C4 runners (like me) can sneak around and eventually destroy them. Can't do that with aircraft. I mentioned that it was landing (on the middle of inaccessible rooftops) and hiding to simply emphasize how ridiculously simple it is to run from danger when needed. There's no class that can constantly resupply itself while using rockets, so you run out while they just come back.
Old 2012-03-15, 17:59   Link #637
Jaden

Laser guided missiles, javelins or guided shells go a long way for keeping helicopters at bay, but they require teamwork, as in someone using the SOFLAM, the MBT CITV station or laser painter with another helicopter. Also, those repairers sitting in the helicopter...can be ridiculously overpowered, but they are also vulnerable to all kinds of gunfire.
Old 2012-03-15, 22:05   Link #638
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah I don't know what the problem is. I remember using the PKP against a fully crewed Little Bird and killed three including the pilot before the fourth bailed out. XD

I set up with a bipod on the roof of a construction building on Kharg Island and just let fly. Think it was about eighty rounds straight to get the desired effect.

Normally when a SAM hits the little bird it kills one of the blokes on the side too.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 22:13   Link #639
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Guess it was just the map we were playing on. It was Rush mode on Noshahr Canals, where there was NO way to get onto a roof, get to a high enough position or even get a lock on it. The Little Bird gets infinite flares, and if it's trouble it just flies near the mountains, onto the roof of a building in the back, or just fly behind it where we weren't allowed to go.

Maybe it was just that specific map and type or something, but we couldn't kill it. And we don't suck, for anyone who's wondering. xD
Old 2012-03-16, 03:15   Link #640
Mr Hat and Clogs

CITV and Guided Shells in the MBT is quite possibly the most hilarious thing I have ever experienced. Op Firestorm is best for it, usually end with like 30:1 ratio. It's very rare that any aircraft aren't outright destroyed, or at the least disabled. The rage is awesome.

Besides with the Littlebird, I've been shot out the cockpit and see many have the same happen. The window is a huge target on it.