AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-15, 02:11   Link #401
Otoharada Hideki

Death Note was very entertaining. it is genius in all aspects of the word. L and Light are my idols. esspecialy L, something about him is familiar.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:43   Link #402
Toomsie

Hi there anime fans.

I just watched Death note (37 episodes) And I have yet to watch the movies.
And honestly, I wish I never watched it.

Don't get me wrong now, Death Note is one of my favourite animes. But I was so surprised, shocked and almost angry when it was over. Mainly because of what happened in the last episode. And everytime I think of it I get this feeling in my stomach.. A similar feeling I get when I'm waiting for the Dentist to call my name. (Best way to describe it is: My stomach turns around. lol)

Anyway, The anime was great.. But as I said I was a bit Surprised and shocked.. and almost angry. And I can't stop thinking about it!

It's like watching a REALLY good movie and it gets stuck in your head and you can't stop thinking about it.

I hope you people have the same feeling as me! And if you do, please post here! I really want to read your thoughts.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:22   Link #403
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
btw this has prolly been asked before. but the death note dvd's......how many will there be? 7?

also question about Ryuk: do you really think he considered Light a "friend" or was jsut straight up using him....i never quite knew

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-03-24 at 16:42.
Old 2008-03-24, 17:05   Link #404
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
btw this has prolly been asked before. but the death note dvd's......how many will there be? 7?

also question about Ryuk: do you really think he considered Light a "friend" or was jsut straight up using him....i never quite knew
Ryuk was more of the audience watching the show, he would only help if the problem affected him.
Old 2008-03-24, 19:17   Link #405
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Spoiler:

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-03-24 at 20:39.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:24   Link #406
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-24, 21:28   Link #407
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

^^ i wonder why he was like that though, when Ryuk totally wasn't like that
btw when does
Spoiler:

btw that story rem told Misa......about the shigami
Spoiler:
was that in the manga......cuz it was def sad and emotional especially for a shigami
Old 2008-03-24, 22:54   Link #408
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
^^ i wonder why he was like that though, when Ryuk totally wasn't like that
btw when does
Spoiler:

btw that story rem told Misa......about the shigami
Spoiler:
was that in the manga......cuz it was def sad and emotional especially for a shigami
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-24, 11:15   Link #409
vagrant_ronin

Length of the Anime

Just finished watching the Death Note anime. I really enjoyed it, but are a few things that did bother me.

SPOILERS!!

Spoiler for series:
Old 2008-04-25, 17:51   Link #410
pirostyle
Haruhiist

the manga is amazing, thought i didnt really like the ending...
something else that bothers me...
Spoiler for end of volume 12:

I highly recommend the manga to everyone, the anime kinda stretchs out the episodes, even though they are supposed to be like that, some of the episodes are pretty good

edit:
Spoiler for shinigami life:

Last edited by pirostyle; 2008-04-25 at 17:53. Reason: to avoid double post
Old 2008-04-27, 07:46   Link #411
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirostyle View Post

edit:
Spoiler for shinigami life:
Spoiler for a way for a shinigami to die:

Old 2008-04-27, 10:55   Link #412
pirostyle
Haruhiist

exactly, thats why they would only do that because of that reason
Old 2008-06-14, 03:44   Link #413
Blankrank4

Wink Just a little question about Deathnote

Started watching the dubbed deathnote episodes a few months ago on adultswim im on like episode 33 or 34 and i was just wondering how old Nir(or how ever you spell it) is suposed to be because he plays with all those little kid toys like an 8 year old would but hes able to figure out light is kira and he puts into action all these really complicated plans... dont get me wrong i really enjoy the show but i dont know having this little kid in control of his own taskforce seems wierd...just wanted some thoughts.
Old 2008-06-17, 13:42   Link #414
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankrank4 View Post
Started watching the dubbed deathnote episodes a few months ago on adultswim im on like episode 33 or 34 and i was just wondering how old Nir(or how ever you spell it) is suposed to be because he plays with all those little kid toys like an 8 year old would but hes able to figure out light is kira and he puts into action all these really complicated plans... dont get me wrong i really enjoy the show but i dont know having this little kid in control of his own taskforce seems wierd...just wanted some thoughts.
Near makes his first appearance at age 13. He's generally not that well liked, which probably has a lot to do with the big shoes he had to fill, what with L being the greatest thing ever and all.
Old 2008-06-22, 07:01   Link #415
ale~chan
I was snow«

Send a message via MSN to ale~chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirostyle View Post
the manga is amazing, thought i didnt really like the ending...
something else that bothers me...
Spoiler for end of volume 12:
Spoiler for End of Volume 12:
Old 2008-06-28, 10:09   Link #416
eru_panda
Seirei no Moribito????

Send a message via AIM to eru_panda
For some sort of particular reason, my friends say I'm very much like L. I don't know why, I was always myself since I was born, so it's unusual.

But I love it, because L is my idol. If he were still alive, I would love to meet him.
Old 2008-08-23, 21:50   Link #417
blewin

After a long time since my brother bragged so much about it, I started watching Death Note and was instantly sucked into it. Currently on ep 10, and the more I watch, the less sympathetic I am to Yagami Light. As opposed to Lelouch in the Code Geass, I don't find any points of sympathy for Light, and that's really saying something.

As for L, that is one of the most unique and strange character I've ever seen in my anime history. Talk about weird and weirder! the other type of genius that is shunned and feared by people, whereas Light is the type that draws praise and admiration. uh... I wish I didn't know the ending. Now I'm dreading L's death.
Old 2008-08-25, 00:01   Link #418
Misavampire
C.C. Worshiper

Hiya!
i was wondering if anyone could tell be the episode where L was eating a cherry. And then he spits out his tongue and the cherry stem is knoted o:? XD i would like to show my friend because she didnt believe me.

WitchxWarlock
Old 2009-02-03, 18:02   Link #419
Apple84

- Sorry, no asking about fansub information on licensed shows - 4Tran

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-02-05 at 23:46. Reason: Deleted comment on fansub
Old 2009-02-05, 09:12   Link #420
Amray

Death Note was wonderful and I adore watching it. I think that it is breath-taking and beautifully produced and planned. 'tis a genius' work just like the manga. The animation of the anime was just simply amazing too.

It was quite an inspirational series as I have wanted to become a detective for some years now, and it is what I am in college for, and this proved a great programme to watch. I know I am not going to sit in strange positions, spend all day eating sweet food, and crawl across the floor at crime scenes, but L was amazing. Light was my favourite character but nevertheless L was a great and interesting character to watch.
Closed Thread