Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 00:57   Link #1121
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
We didn't say he was. Just that it was a possibility with what is implied. Granted, a really unlikely possibility but that's what speculation is for.

EDIT: @Ammy-Pie I think Heero and Relena were frozen thirty years prior to current events but there's talk of a time where they were briefly defrosted and ran amok thus prompting them to be refrozen.
Hey sorry I believe I missed this bit. So when they were defrosted prior to Heero's defrosting at present, it was done to them both, like at the same time? And that their capsules were at the very same place? Is that what you meant? And therefore when they both got loose, they caused trouble together? Sorry dude, I really missed this bit. And even if I didn't I probably have forgotten it, plus I'm kinda slow. Can you explain? Thanks.

EDIT: @wingzerosnuggles Sorry for the confusion. Forget I asked lol. I just misunderstood your summary. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by MichaelKnight; 2010-12-06 at 01:06. Reason: Uhm. Yeah. Silly me. T__T
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 01:00   Link #1122
wingzerosnuggles

Nope. No specification if they were defrosted at the same time previously. Just that they were both defrosted prior to the current defrosting.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 01:05   Link #1123
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammy-Pie View Post
I honestly don't believe that he is theirs. Like wingzerosnuggles said, it's just speculation. I didn't mean to offend or anything!

EDIT: @wingzerosnuggles - ...what chapter is that from? Haha, I totally missed that bit I guess.
You didn't offend me. Sorry if I came off a little douchey.
Old 2010-12-06, 01:36   Link #1124
wingzerosnuggles

@MichaelKnight Meh, no problem. My main concern at this point is how they're going to handle evil!Relena's characterization. This novel has drawn a lot of comparisons to fic. I'm hoping this aspect will be fresh, and we don't get fanon shrieking harpy Heero-obsessed Relena. Actually, the less she gives a fuck about him, the more amused I'll be. xD
Old 2010-12-06, 01:45   Link #1125
Ammy-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
You didn't offend me. Sorry if I came off a little douchey.
It's no problem! And you didn't come off douchey, I was afraid that I had somehow.

Alright, I am still confused. This is what my understanding was so please correct me if I am wrong;
-They defrosted Heero because his new mission was to kill Relena who is currently running around and messing things up. I also gathered that Relena's memories or something was messed up because they did it wrong. Now, was that when she was previously defrosted? Is she on the loose again?
-Heero's memories were also messed up when they defrosted him. Okay, is this also the previous defrosting when he went on a rampage?
This whole messed up memories thing has gotten me so confused now. -_-
Ammy-Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 01:52   Link #1126
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
It's no problem! And you didn't come off douchey, I was afraid that I had somehow.

Alright, I am still confused. This is what my understanding was so please correct me if I am wrong;
-They defrosted Heero because his new mission was to kill Relena who is currently running around and messing things up. I also gathered that Relena's memories or something was messed up because they did it wrong. Now, was that when she was previously defrosted? Is she on the loose again?-Heero's memories were also messed up when they defrosted him. Okay, is this also the previous defrosting when he went on a rampage?
This whole messed up memories thing has gotten me so confused now. -_-
This question. Can someone clarify, please? I confused myself too. T__T
So Heero and Relena were both defrosted once before. Both defrostings were screwed. So they got refrozen.
And then when they got defrosted the second time, Heero's was a success and Relena's was screwed again?
Old 2010-12-06, 01:55   Link #1127
wingzerosnuggles

The whole human popsicle mess in a nutshell:
- Around thirty years ago, both Heero and Relena were frozen. We still don't know why. Also, for some weird reason, Heero's capsule was made to resemble Relena.
-Some time after that, Heero was defrosted. He ran amok.
- Relena was also defrosted. She also ran amok. It's not specified if Relena was defrosted at the same time as Heero.
-They were refrozen.
-Relena was defrosted. Her memories are still messed up. One Japanese summary called her "hostile."
-President Dorothy T. Catalonia aka Neo-Titanium Girl ordered Operation Mythos. Memories are uploaded into Heero so he doesn't go berserk when he awakens. He is ordered to kill Relena.
Old 2010-12-06, 01:55   Link #1128
Ammy-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
This question. Can someone clarify, please? I confused myself too. T__T
So Heero and Relena were both defrosted once before. Then when they got defrosted the second time, Heero's was a success and Relena's was screwed again?
That's what I'm wondering. And what was the whole thing about Treize and Zech's memories ending up where they shouldn't? That's where the FT totally lost me. Why was Zech's memories even an option to be placed in someone else?

EDIT: Awesome, thanks wingzerosnuggles. That cleared so much up
Old 2010-12-06, 01:57   Link #1129
wingzerosnuggles

There was mention of Zechs's memories being uploaded into Relena but that was from a Japanese blog summary and could be speculation. However, Treize's memories are definitely being uploaded into Heero for some weird reason. I think Sumisawa just wants to get rid of the spare material from his scrapped Treize novel.
Old 2010-12-06, 02:03   Link #1130
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Oh I see now ok. So they were both frozen, defrosted, refrozen and redefrosted. Thanks, Snug.
Old 2010-12-06, 03:51   Link #1131
Long Live

So I'm back and I gotta ask boys and girls, this just occured to me. Why was James Bond glowing after he fell out of the Wing Gundam the first time he experienced the Zero System? Then the blonde kid touched him, and then he glowed too. Then poof glow disappears 2 secs later. Ok, I understand the need for dramatic effect, the part where he HAD to see his girl's face up in the air. But the glowing part. That was raaddd. What was that about? O_O
Long Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 04:33   Link #1132
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Live View Post
So I'm back and I gotta ask boys and girls, this just occured to me. Why was James Bond glowing after he fell out of the Wing Gundam the first time he experienced the Zero System? Then the blonde kid touched him, and then he glowed too. Then poof glow disappears 2 secs later. Ok, I understand the need for dramatic effect, the part where he HAD to see his girl's face up in the air. But the glowing part. That was raaddd. What was that about? O_O
LMAO that's one of those 'never explained' things in Wing that everyone always wonders about it. Oft used, though, as support to the claim that Quatre (and/or Heero) are something like Newtypes only in the AC universe.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 04:37   Link #1133
Ammy-Pie

HAHA. Didn't they say it as the "heart of outer space" or something like that? I know that at the end Quatre said Heero was the space heart. I never really understood what that was supposed to be all about.

EDIT @ Kitsoru: Beyond the space heart-thing, did they go into depth about newtypes? I didn't think they had.
Old 2010-12-06, 04:51   Link #1134
Kitsoru

Quote:
HAHA. Didn't they say it as the "heart of outer space" or something like that? I know that at the end Quatre said Heero was the space heart. I never really understood what that was supposed to be all about.

EDIT @ Kitsoru: Beyond the space heart-thing, did they go into depth about newtypes? I didn't think they had.
Exactly.

No, they never even mentioned Newtypes in series by name OR function. Quatre's weird, cryptic 'space heart' lines/abilities and the bizarre glowing scenes were all we got.

Although, fun fact: Wufei was originally going to be a Newtype from Africa with the ability to sense/perceive evildoers, but that was scrapped very early on.
Old 2010-12-06, 04:53   Link #1135
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

@ Long Live

Yeah, what Kitsoru said.

Weird stuff, ay?

Quote:

LOL I didn't understand that part either... "I get it now! Heero is the heart of outer space!" I was like "Quatre, kiddo, what?"

EDIT: I hope they explain this in GotD. Both the glow and space-heart thing.
Old 2010-12-06, 05:17   Link #1136
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
LOL I didn't understand that part either... "I get it now! Heero is the heart of outer space!" I was like "Quatre, kiddo, what?"

EDIT: I hope they explain this in GotD. Both the glow and space-heart thing.
God, yeah, I know, if ANYTHING needs explanation... oy vey. With the hope that it isn't something completely freaking ridiculous (well, in a bad way)...
...I'm gonna start keeping track of how many pages I end up topping. e.e
Old 2010-12-06, 07:49   Link #1137
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I sincerely apologize, my temper got the better of me yesterday. Thank you all for correcting me, Heero's manners do get better. He may not have been Prince Charming yet when he picked up Relena from Libra but he was a lot better than in the beginning when he ripped up her invitation in a gesture to more or less say f*** off. I guess what I was trying to say was that he would be more likely a person to have rubbed off on Duo Jr than Duo himself. I should watch my wording. Sorry.

And a special apology to you, Kitsoru. I didn't mean to belittle a character you like. This was just me after too many bad fanfics speaking, I shouldn't take it out on FT. Duo Jr. is kind of cool, being like Heero and stuff. 'Wanna die?' Yeah, that was badass. But he's a little too rude for my taste. Makes me wish his dad would wack him in good old anime fashion when he'd speak out of line. I think I'd actually like him if Duo did that

One thing has me confused now. Snuggles says that Relena was frozen twice. I always had the impression that it was done just once, it got screwed up and she's been like that ever since

And Elo, complain may not have been the best choice of words but Wu Fei does belittle Heero's decision. He says 'if that's the case (meaning Heero going after Relena), I was giving him too much credit'. To me he sounds like quite the hypocrite to derogate a guy's obsession over a girl, considering what he is doing
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 08:27   Link #1138
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

I wonder if relenas own capsule resembles heero with a pair of angel wings, the same way heeros capsule resembles releena. Maybe when heero sees releena in a capsule looking like him self ,he will soon figure out not to kill her.

On another note, I have lost count on how many times heero has vowed to kill releena.
Old 2010-12-06, 09:47   Link #1139
Washu-Chan