AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-04-10, 14:31   Link #201
Blueknight78

so far without count japan and chine, already did 124 millions,
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...eshell2017.htm
on his second week on USA he did 31 million, to do well he need more 60 to 80 million.

power rangers is doing worst than him and even ghostbursters did worst than him so far, he still have chance to not be the "flop peoples are calling".

and just not getting much money or don't proper pay they cost means flop, the last start trek movie by your rules "flopped" since it not get enough money to pay it costs but not was considered flop, while a good ammount of "plot" come from money another can come from "reception" good exemples are movies like world of warcraft and BvS which despise doing a good job on "money they where considered "flop" by many peoples just because they disliked then.

if japan and chine reception is good enough to make enough money to pay it, this gonna means still a chance of another season and honestly after see many movies and how "western is acting toward movies" and how "asian" is saving movies market i can see in future hollywood stop to care toward western and want to care for asian market since western market become too hostile and "harsh" with all that whitewash feminism and many others things from this age of the political correction, which is breaking and plague western.
Old 2017-04-10, 15:58   Link #202
Key Board
Carbon

"the characters stay behind, locked in their 'shell,' unable to break free."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-shell/.114584

I think I agree to an extent. As said, they didn't commit enough in one direction
Not faithful enough to be adaptation
Not daring enough to be different
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 16:34   Link #203
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Those aren't my rules, it's how Hollywood works. If a movie can't make back what it spent to be made then yes, it's a financial flop. And yes, there have been plenty of movies that people have liked and critics have raved about, that were still financial flops. People liking something doesn't change the facts. In the case of the GitS movie, by some estimates when it's all said and done the movie will still likely end up 60 million in the hole http://deadline.com/2017/04/ghost-in...sh-1202061479/. That constitutes a financial flop. Other movies have been made on less, then what Paramount/Dreamworks stand to lose.
Old 2017-04-12, 17:43   Link #204
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

This makes me sad, I haven't seen it yet, and now I'm not sure I want too. Visually it looks amazing except for one or two things.
Old 2017-04-13, 06:51   Link #205
B214

Some of my friends who watched it said it was quite enjoyable. Haven't watch it myself so not sure how is the movie.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 22:00   Link #206
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
the movie debuted 3 in japanese rank, this something good which tell us which part of the movie problem is really the new mimimimi generation specially in western which now thanks to internet can spread they hate and now we are entering in another age of no freedom, because some whinning peoples think they are special and only what they like is good and anything else is crap and minorities now must boss the world and you can make things as you like and you must obey then.

really that white-washing, politically correct, Cultural appropriation and others crap things created in that generation are destroying things.
Complaining about whitewashing, politically correct... is a minority.

What people complain is placing ScaJo as the main lead. Hollywood have to stop hiding ego behind "new mimimimi generation" and start sorry for casting a expressionless actress as the main character.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 23:29   Link #207
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Complaining about whitewashing, politically correct... is a minority.

What people complain is placing ScaJo as the main lead. Hollywood have to stop hiding ego behind "new mimimimi generation" and start sorry for casting a expressionless actress as the main character.
she is so "expressionless" which asian actually liked her, weird no???, it's really a "western problem, when the "source place" actually liked the actress, it's really sad where we are now, again really we are on the worst time.

that is the famous "personal taste" i watched the movie and personaly i liked her in the role no complains.

and i don't think it is about "ego" what the actors they choose, when japaneses like to use "western" sources i don't see they act like they are obligated to have a "western" character or person to do that and no one complain, the same goes for like edge of tomorrow, where we had tom cruise as the main character and no one complained because he not a asian" weird no????.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-04-14 at 23:49.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 00:35   Link #208
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From what I gather, the majority of the disappointment comes from a weak script, which makes perfect sense, considering this is freakin' GitS. The original movie by itself has raised the bar way too high to ever be compared with your run-of-the-mill American action movie that is the live action adaptation.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 01:24   Link #209
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
From what I gather, the majority of the disappointment comes from a weak script, which makes perfect sense, considering this is freakin' GitS. The original movie by itself has raised the bar way too high to ever be compared with your run-of-the-mill American action movie that is the live action adaptation.
yeah when i watched i feel like they put too much efforts on fanservice(too much focus on source references) leaving a weak plot which needed a little more time to be proper worked.
Old 2017-04-21, 03:05   Link #210
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

I am ashamed they would put something like this out...
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 16:54   Link #211
Tenzen12

I still don't see problem it's miles better than BvsS, SW7, or Avenger CW. As far as Holiwood blockbusters go, GitS is golden standard.

Sure there are better movies out there, but we can't have everything.
Old 2017-04-26, 19:16   Link #212
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I still don't see problem it's miles better than BvsS, SW7, or Avenger CW. As far as Holiwood blockbusters go, GitS is golden standard.

Sure there are better movies out there, but we can't have everything.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Old 2017-04-26, 22:42   Link #213
Tenzen12

Are you implying it was better than first two
Old 2017-04-26, 23:37   Link #214
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If you asked me, CW is better than BvS & SW7 for obvious reasons .
Old 2017-04-27, 00:09   Link #215
Tenzen12

TMy bad, I meant compared first two Avengers (it's weakest of three).

CW is by all means better than SW7 and BvsS. Regardless all three are pretty much biggest recent blockbusters worse than GitS, that's why I listed it together.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-04-27 at 00:49. Reason: More accurate to avoid further mistakes
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 02:24   Link #216
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
If you're comparing to the two Avengers movies, then yes. Not only am I implying it, I'll outright say it. I would say it's the probably the second best of all the MCU movies, right after Winter Soldier. It's ​certainly nowhere near the bottom of the list, or even remotely as disappointing as BvS.
Old 2017-05-10, 21:36   Link #217
Jaden

Finally went to see this. I was positively surprised, movie is not bad at all.

From what I gather, the biggest criticism is that they dumped the philosophical 3deep5me stuff in favor of a simpler narrative of Motoko breaking her conditioning and piecing together her past, with plenty of action and eye candy. But turns out that works, too.

Watching the original anime, my thoughts were "I don't really get what this is about, but it's still really cool". Its themes would be very difficult to emulate, so I appreciate how they didn't try too hard with the adaptation, and just went for something tight and compelling.

8/10, would go see sequels.
Old 2017-07-19, 04:10   Link #218
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I finally remembered to watch this. First things first, the visuals are amazing and the actors do their part as well as possible. Now, this isn't a bad movie, but if I had to use an analogy, it's EXACTLY like the transition from Parasite Eve 2 to the 3rd Birthday: taking a badass MC and turning her into an anxious individual full of questions with an ID crisis. IMO there was no need to go and do that, but whatever, I don't mind - although I do believe that the original character was better.

On the topic of plot, they should have gone with either the puppet master or the laughing man. Picking an egocentric plot line really undermines everything that happens in the movie, as an isolated event that is taken care of; how many people does it affect in the movie world? It lacks a feeling of crisis or massive undertaking that will change the world. Anyway, it was still fun to watch, gets my standard 7/10 for an action flick.

P.S: I don't really remember, didn't Batou also have cyberized arms?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 07:30   Link #219
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I finally remembered to watch this. First things first, the visuals are amazing and the actors do their part as well as possible. Now, this isn't a bad movie, but if I had to use an analogy, it's EXACTLY like the transition from Parasite Eve 2 to the 3rd Birthday: taking a badass MC and turning her into an anxious individual full of questions with an ID crisis. IMO there was no need to go and do that, but whatever, I don't mind - although I do believe that the original character was better.

On the topic of plot, they should have gone with either the puppet master or the laughing man. Picking an egocentric plot line really undermines everything that happens in the movie, as an isolated event that is taken care of; how many people does it affect in the movie world? It lacks a feeling of crisis or massive undertaking that will change the world. Anyway, it was still fun to watch, gets my standard 7/10 for an action flick.

P.S: I don't really remember, didn't Batou also have cyberized arms?
In the anime, I believe Batou is nearly as cyberized as the Major.