Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-17, 16:11   Link #161
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Given that the actual HMS Belfast is a tourist attraction parked on the Thames near London Bridge, I do wonder what the reaction of the staff would be if cosplayers started turning up.
About the same as people who watched an Akagi (Kancolle) bobble head being placed on deck during a documentary on an actual, moreover active US Carrier...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 16:12   Link #162
arkhangelsk

They even put in the Chinese ships
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 16:16   Link #163
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta love Belfast. Really took over things in the second episode. She is kind of a perfect fit though throw at Enterprise. With Enterprise you have someone that has struggled to find anything for herself outside of combat and recklessly risking it all out there. While Belfast has both embraced her combat role, but also is dedicated to being a maid. Could be good for Enterprise to have someone thrown at her that she doesn't quite know how to deal with.

Good little moments too. Unicorn reaching out to give her thanks was very cute. But also got good moments like Laffey just being Laffey. Be it giving another emotional shake-up for Ayanami to deal with or trying to help out a disconcerted Javelin. She just takes these events as they come at her .
Old 2019-10-17, 17:08   Link #164
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Belfast and Vestal will now proceed to chaining up Enterprise so she doesn't jump into battle again. And then she heals up and joins the final battle.
Joking, but maybe...?

I say, Unicorn's dress being so revealing of what's inside was never so noticeable until the anime, even though it is already revealing in her original artwork.

Next episode will be focused on the Sakura Empire though
https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/s...48874143281157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Given that the actual HMS Belfast is a tourist attraction parked on the Thames near London Bridge, I do wonder what the reaction of the staff would be if cosplayers started turning up.
The Global version's anniversary of Azur Lane took place on top of Iowa (the ship). It wouldn't be a first.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 17:51   Link #165
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Belfast and Vestal will now proceed to chaining up Enterprise so she doesn't jump into battle again. And then she heals up and joins the final battle.
Joking, but maybe...?
Fun you say that, depending on how much they react to their hulls taking damage, A-Universe ship girls might actually be extremely vulnerable.
There is an engine part where you can literally throw in a wrench to cause a catastrophic failure of the engines. *
So yeah all they have to do is throw a wrench into her engines until she is properly repaired. Of course Vestal would have to repair that one last then.

At the same time, if someone where to sneak on their hulls, all they had to do is sneaking into engineering and... poof ship defeated.

*Source:
Explained by a, I think USS Iowa, tour guide to a youtuber.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-10-17 at 18:06.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 19:12   Link #166
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Next episode will be focused on the Sakura Empire though
https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/s...48874143281157
Means Atago, Takao, Yamashiro, Fusou, etc.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 21:05   Link #167
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

First time ive seen a shark in a beach episode much less then a character inside its mouth
Old 2019-10-17, 21:37   Link #168
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

And the Sandy curse lives on. Poor girl can't catch a break even in the Anime.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 21:42   Link #169
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Fun you say that, depending on how much they react to their hulls taking damage, A-Universe ship girls might actually be extremely vulnerable.
There is an engine part where you can literally throw in a wrench to cause a catastrophic failure of the engines. *
So yeah all they have to do is throw a wrench into her engines until she is properly repaired. Of course Vestal would have to repair that one last then.

At the same time, if someone where to sneak on their hulls, all they had to do is sneaking into engineering and... poof ship defeated.

*Source:
Explained by a, I think USS Iowa, tour guide to a youtuber.
Well, there is a concept of All-or-Nothing, which revolves around something about how certain parts of the ship can receive damage and the ship can go on fine while other parts cause critical failure. So that makes sense.

(Azur Lane teaching me more than my history teacher)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 21:53   Link #170
Vaans
NEET

I just realized that Unicorns' clothes is pretty much transparent.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 21:55   Link #171
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

She's pretty much wearing a nightgown.
Old 2019-10-18, 02:14   Link #172
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Long time since I posted on this website.

Quite enjoying the anime so far, been playing the game for about a year now so its great seeing all the girls and little references.

Enterprise has some serious PTSD, and it cost her. Belfast is pretty observant which is to be expected for a maid of her caliber.

Poor Sandy though perpetual butt monkey, really hope she gets her time to shine like a star, so to speak.

I really like how Clevebro is presented here though.

Laffey is best girl. Loved the line in Ep 2 that was basically "If someone hurts my friend I'll try harder." I like to think its a reference to her Retrofit, Laffey retro is srs business.

Nice to see Nimi not stuck being a camera (also Gridley needs to calm the fuck down with hers in the latest episode). I'm curious if Eugen is going to be the leader for the Iron Blood in the Anime or if Bismarck will show up. They have shown Nagato in the OP so she should show up since she is the leader for the Sakura, so maybe she will

Was kind of surprised that the third episode was a beach episode, also loved that the costumes they wore matched the ones they have in the game.

Lastly, Saratoga butchered - BUTCHERED - Cygnet's fish and chips! That was the greatest crime in this series so far. 0/10 IGN.
Old 2019-10-18, 03:24   Link #173
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Only three episodes and I love it more than Kancolle Anime.
The portrayal of IRL battleships and carrier that lacks in Kancolle presents here ( too bad they are transformed into weapons in battle )

btw is Laffy counterpart of Yuudachi in Kancolle on this game? ( I never play Azur Lane Game )

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 03:43   Link #174
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Only three episodes and I love it more than Kancolle Anime.
The portrayal of IRL battleships and carrier that lacks in Kancolle presents here ( too bad they are transformed into weapons in battle )

btw is Laffy counterpart of Yuudachi in Kancolle on this game? ( I never play Azur Lane Game )
Laffey, Javelin, Z23, and Ayanami are the starter ships depending on what server you play on. For the English server for example, Ayanami is NOT a starter ship.
Old 2019-10-18, 05:27   Link #175
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

Prinz Eugen wants to fight Belfast, but forced to retreat because a large Royal Navy fleet is coming.

Laffey wags off water like a dog.

Queen Elizabeth is so kawaii.

Enterprise is suicidal going into battle when she has no more offensive capabilities, even a siren with one gun can beat her in that situation. Good thing Belfast is there to rescue her.

looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 06:11   Link #176
Korol

anyone been watching Battle 360 been focus on USS Enterprise. i hope the cameos Avrora and Mikasa been appeared despite they fought each other once in Russo Japanese War.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 06:40   Link #177
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Forgot to say. More Hammann is always good. ><

Spoiler for ham:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 07:06   Link #178
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Enterprise is literally Sousuke Sagara and/or Heero, depending on whats one's références are. Another emotionally stunted strong woman to add to Yui Ishikawa's list, after Mikasa and Violet.
Old 2019-10-18, 08:12   Link #179
Tenzen12

So basically Prince of Walles is practically commander and Enterprise is MC. It would be better if Hiarchy were more obvious, but it might hopefully work. Belfast and Laffey do pretty good job too.

Anyway when I saw that shark fin, first though was it's actually the Architect (from Girls Frontline), but obviously it wasn't the case. Still it would be awesome crossover event
Old 2019-10-18, 09:16   Link #180
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

can they just kill her off already, the whole series is just full of death flags for her

Tags
sea battles, ship girls