AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-13, 08:15   Link #1901
Kylegoblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
BTW, "nice" to know that "Sheryl fans" now give negative cookies to stifle discussion. Honestly, that is out of line. If you donīt want to discuss about Ranka, donīt look when a debate is going on. Donīt anonymously try to supress debate, that comes close to blackmail.
I'm not sure what that means but it sounds like it sucks.
Old 2009-08-13, 09:22   Link #1902
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Stupid bad rep is stupid. I hate it, too...

Old 2009-08-13, 09:44   Link #1903
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
c) Is it still incest if Brera has no more blood? *Highly recommended*
*Dons Phoenix Wright attire*

Certainly, that should be a no! There is a reason why blood related sibling has "blood" on its term! -slash the incest term-

Quote:
d) Cheesie and Swampstorm's Secret Fantasies
Like, how cheesie delusioned herself in thinking that Swampy proposes him? Or... R-18 stuffs that might not happen between them? ;_;

Old 2009-08-13, 13:07   Link #1904
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
BTW, "nice" to know that "Sheryl fans" now give negative cookies to stifle discussion. Honestly, that is out of line. If you donīt want to discuss about Ranka, donīt look when a debate is going on. Donīt anonymously try to supress debate, that comes close to blackmail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I think we've all had our fair share of neg rep from these circular debates but what angers me the most is that I get them for no reason. I just got a neg rep for talking about the second movie with a "Ranka fails" remark. Seems like I got negative repped because my sig includes Ranka...really now, that's as childish as things can get.

Anyways, I hope the movie does a good job handling all the characters considering the time we have. I'm hoping to see some nice closure for Ranka in the movie because I'm not a big fan of ambiguous endings.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-08-13, 16:10   Link #1905
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I think we've all had our fair share of neg rep from these circular debates but what angers me the most is that I get them for no reason. I just got a neg rep for talking about the second movie with a "Ranka fails" remark. Seems like I got negative repped because my sig includes Ranka...really now, that's as childish as things can get.

Anyways, I hope the movie does a good job handling all the characters considering the time we have. I'm hoping to see some nice closure for Ranka in the movie because I'm not a big fan of ambiguous endings.
Negative repping someone should be reserved for troll posts. Doing it because you simply disagree with their statements should not be what the system is about. Doing it just because the person ships another character than you is even more egregious, IMO.
Old 2009-08-13, 20:01   Link #1906
justavisitor

I even receive "death threat" from that repping system lol...someone doesn't like my comment in this macross forum and he/she leaves me a bad rep and states "Don't think you or your friends will be safe"...I couldn't stop laughing...

Don't worry too much about it, if you really don't like those rep, contact the mods or staffs, I am sure they will respond accordingly if those comments/bad rep really go out of control
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-13, 20:09   Link #1907
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

First rule of Rep System: You don't talk about the rep system...

Honestly, it's better to not pay too much mind to it.

Old 2009-08-14, 11:04   Link #1908
Father Hentai

Quote:
Negative repping someone should be reserved for troll posts. Doing it because you simply disagree with their statements should not be what the system is about. Doing it just because the person ships another character than you is even more egregious, IMO.
hahaha. reserving it for troll posts means work for the mods to sort out what is a troll post and what not.

Anyway I just want to tell that I did not have much time to rewatch all episodes of MF regarding Ranka x Alto (I hope you are interpreting the "x" correct here) again but I haven't forgotten the promise I made (although I wanted to do it as soon as I am at home).
Old 2009-08-14, 19:52   Link #1909
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

So, regarding to this discussion, I just recently watched Macross Frontier for the 2nd time, and dare I say this, I have no idea when there is so much Ranka-hate going on in this board (5:1 for Sheryl:Ranka? WHAT?).

Sure she can be quite immature sometimes in the series but I think that I liked her quite a bit more than Sheryl. Reason is that she seems to be the more cheerful type compared to Sheryl, and Ranka had to bear being basically abused by the Frontier Government as a tool to fight off the vajra for the entirety of the series (I have to remind myself that Ranka was still just a kid when the series started).

Sure Sheryl had it pretty rough as well but at least her singing ability wasn't abused in order to fight off the Vajra.

Quote:
First rule of Rep System: You don't talk about the rep system...

Honestly, it's better to not pay too much mind to it.
At least someone has to deal with the abuse of reputation around here. I doubt not many people here can either.
Old 2009-08-14, 20:00   Link #1910
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Sure Sheryl had it pretty rough as well but at least her singing ability wasn't abused in order to fight off the Vajra.
Did you like miss the part where she doesn't take any medication so she could affect the Varja more? And the part where it finally takes too much of a toll on her and she collapses in the last episode?
Old 2009-08-14, 20:09   Link #1911
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Did you like miss the part where she doesn't take any medication so she could affect the Varja more? And the part where it finally takes too much of a toll on her and she collapses in the last episode?
That was her decision to make in the first place. This had nothing to do with why you think Ranka is a worse character than Sheryl.

Also noting that Sheryl was not manipulated by the Frontier Government, ever.
Old 2009-08-14, 20:28   Link #1912
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
At least someone has to deal with the abuse of reputation around here. I doubt not many people here can either.
I'm not sure I quite get your point. Care to explain a bit?
Quote:
Also noting that Sheryl was not manipulated by the Frontier Government, ever.
Now, that's because Sheryl's awesome.

Old 2009-08-14, 20:51   Link #1913
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm not sure I quite get your point. Care to explain a bit?
Quote:
Hurr.
Old 2009-08-14, 21:02   Link #1914
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Now, that's because Sheryl's awesome.
Well no duh! >8D ...but that's for another thread.
Old 2009-08-14, 21:50   Link #1915
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Hurr.
Quoting me will not make it any easier to understand this: "At least someone has to deal with the abuse of reputation around here. I doubt not many people here can either". What not many people can do, exactly?

Old 2009-08-15, 00:14   Link #1916
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

I mean to say that there should be a rule in this thread about not abusing negative rep to those who disagree with your views. Review my post again before you ask things like that.
Old 2009-08-15, 03:11   Link #1917
magnuskn

Quote:
Review my post again before you ask things like that.
Could it be that you already entered this thread in kind of a belligerent mode?

Quote:
So, regarding to this discussion, I just recently watched Macross Frontier for the 2nd time, and dare I say this, I have no idea when there is so much Ranka-hate going on in this board (5:1 for Sheryl:Ranka? WHAT?).
Actually, the character poll has leading Sheryl with 70% to Rankas 30%, so it is not quite as unbalanced as you make it out to be.

But fact is, much more people like Sheryl than Ranka. And much more people have a problem with Rankas behaviour than with Sheryls. There is very, very seldomly a post about any bad things Sheryl did, because, frankly, there are few if any.

Quote:
Sure she can be quite immature sometimes in the series but I think that I liked her quite a bit more than Sheryl. Reason is that she seems to be the more cheerful type compared to Sheryl, and Ranka had to bear being basically abused by the Frontier Government as a tool to fight off the vajra for the entirety of the series (I have to remind myself that Ranka was still just a kid when the series started).
Well, as to cheerfulness, Sheryl was right there with Ranka until she first got sick and then told by Grace that she would die.

As to being abused by the government, until Ranka suddenly decided that everything she did was about Alto, she offered herself to help against the Vajra... and after that she ran away. It is of course true that Grace and Leon manipulated her into many things, but the ultimate decision was her own.

And for Ranka being a kid... at the start of the series she was sixteen, one year younger than Alto ( and, presumably, Sheryl ). Thatīs not really a big difference. She still *behaved* like a kid, which came from being spoiled by Ozma and her disassociative amnesia.

Quote:
Well, Iīd say Leon tried effectively to appeal to her sense of duty so that she would volunteer, although it clearly was her compassion for the victims of the Vajra attack what drove her to accept. But I think she went into what she did with open eyes.
Old 2009-08-15, 03:12   Link #1918
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Now, now, Mr. Hypocrite Neg-Repper, no need to get your panties in a bunch. I was merely asking a genuine question, about a very poorly worded phrase - and about a topic I'm actually interested in. I still don't understand what it meant, but alas, I don't even care anymore.

Not to worry, I won't make the same mistake again. Carry on...

Last edited by BetoJR; 2009-08-15 at 03:24.
Old 2009-08-15, 09:06   Link #1919
justavisitor

Quote:
As to being abused by the government, until Ranka suddenly decided that everything she did was about Alto, she offered herself to help against the Vajra... and after that she ran away. It is of course true that Grace and Leon manipulated her into many things, but the ultimate decision was her own.
Hmm, which scene do you refer to when you say Ranka "runs away"?? Do you mean the scene where she is in confused state when Vajra comes and attacks the Frontier (so you mean she runs away from her responsibility), or the scene where she goes with Brera in order to search for possible peace negotiation between Frontier and Vajra....if it is the latter scene...there is a big difference between "Running away to search for a possible peace negotiation" and simply "Running away"...you are accusing an unnecessary crime to Ranka's already big "crime list"
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-15, 09:23   Link #1920
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Hmm, which scene do you refer to when you say Ranka "runs away"?? Do you mean the scene where she is in confused state when Vajra comes and attacks the Frontier (so you mean she runs away from her responsibility), or the scene where she goes with Brera in order to search for possible peace negotiation between Frontier and Vajra....if it is the latter scene...there is a big difference between "Running away to search for a possible peace negotiation" and simply "Running away"...you are accusing an unnecessary crime to Ranka's already big "crime list"
Where did I say anything like that in my post? We can of course discuss again how responsible Ranka is for this and that, but Iīd think her running away is pretty clear. She did so first at the funeral and then after the chat at Griffith Park with Alto. If you think that she only went for the purest of motives, thatīs your prerogative, of course. My view is not as forgiving, as I surely have demonstrated numerous times.