AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-05, 12:26   Link #1
deltara

Chapter 437 Discussion Spoilers

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Message was deleted by me deltara, as it does not represent neither 0.01% of Chapter 437.

Last edited by deltara; 2006-12-08 at 02:55. Reason: I apologise for the translation as it is fake but I thought Arlong Park Forums was a decent site and thought it was reliable
Old 2006-12-05, 17:51   Link #2
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Hmm interesting, im not sure about the translation exactly though, so all the Shichibukai have got together for a discussion?
Old 2006-12-05, 18:41   Link #3
Master Mold
Banned

Shichibukai having a meeting this is going to be a good chapter.
Old 2006-12-05, 19:12   Link #4
Slayerx

While i know where you got that translation from and i normally trust it... seems to be a few things off about that chapter...

For one thing, there's a bit of a time lapse problem... after the meeting with whitebeard and shanks, we came back to water 7 while franky was building the ship... 3 days past and the ship is finished... in other words, the meeting between whitebeard and sahnks, aswell as the run-in between Blackbeard and Ace all occured 3 days earlier... So unless we got some kind of flashback kinda deal going on, it would mean that they been all standing there doing nothing for 3 days... I prefer to give Oda a bit more credit than that

Also the meeting of shichibukai is rather questionable... considering their attitude with the last meeting with the marine officals, it seems odd that they would all get together like that; they're all rather independent, and care more for themselves, not the th res of the world... it's also odd that they really know who blackbeard is, sure they know his name now, but blackbeard still hasn't done anything really significant... Not to mention, at the last meeting, both the shichibukai AND the marines met to discuss what to do about the new member; meaning the slection of new member seem to be more in the hands of both groups and NOT something the shichibukai can really decide on their own

Not to mention a meeting of the shichibukai would also mean the offical introduction of the 3 remaining shichibukai... introduction of 3 major powerful characters deserves much more then just the ending forth of a chapter; deserves atleast a half if not more...

Also... the shanks and ace thing... fr one thing, Ace is not in the new world, meaning Shanks would hav to go back to the other half of the grandline to stop him... second, while ace and whitebeard may have some way of staying in touch, shanks would hav absolutly no idea where to look for ace... kind of a lost cause right there

This also goes a bit agianst Oda's usual style... Oda takes things much slower than that... This chapter has basically four complete scenerio changes where as Oda usually doesn't do more than two... when you have like only 18 pages to work with that's less than 5 pages per scene; not really enough for good dialouge

Ok, i think i'm done tearing apart that translation
So i'm going hold off on calling this offical... afterall, it's only tuesday
Sometimes it's probably best to just be patient and wait till atleast thursday or friday...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-12-05 at 19:44.
Old 2006-12-05, 19:28   Link #5
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
While i know where you got that translation from and i normally trust it... seems to be a few things off about that chapter...
The script was posted together with a spoiler image. So, the probability of it being accurate is quite high.
Old 2006-12-05, 21:25   Link #6
DrFuko

There seems to be another spoiler out, with the entire text, different from what we see here. Franky does join, under the condition that Usopp be allowed back in the crew. It also seems like the Fleet admiral, 3 admirals and 6 shichibukai are called for a meeting. Thus, the 3 admirals and 6 shichibukais, including Jimbai are shown getting a note.

This spoiler seems MORE believable than the original one we got.

And hey, we all freakin want to see Jimbai already!
Old 2006-12-05, 21:51   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
There seems to be another spoiler out, with the entire text, different from what we see here. Franky does join, under the condition that Usopp be allowed back in the crew. It also seems like the Fleet admiral, 3 admirals and 6 shichibukai are called for a meeting. Thus, the 3 admirals and 6 shichibukais, including Jimbai are shown getting a note.

This spoiler seems MORE believable than the original one we got.

And hey, we all freakin want to see Jimbai already!
That spoiler also mentions about the 4 emperors getting together; it is too good to be true, and in that case it usually does not become true.
Old 2006-12-05, 21:56   Link #8
chitgoks

drfuko. you are right on that one. im reading the translations right now. i think this is the right one since this is the stuff that i usually read
Old 2006-12-05, 23:35   Link #9
Slayerx

I've read the translation that Dr.fuko mentioned and it indeed sounds much more believable... I mean, the only real problem is the mentioning of the meeting of the 4 emperors which seems odd, especially since this would be following the run-in between Shank's and whitebeard... All the shichibukai meeting is again a bit odd, but it makes a bit more sence here, since the meeting of the 4 emperors is a rare occurance and thus may have sparked each of their individual intrests

On the other hand though, unlike the previous translation, that one fits more into Oda's gereral pacing and also gives good introductions to new major characters... 2 admrils and Jinbei... the other two shichibukai i'm assuming maybe shadowed to leave that air of mystery... Also, this translation doesn't suffer from time lapse problems like the other one...

Not to mention the fact the the first is just a brief summary and the other is a script, and when it comes down to it its very easy to fake a summary, but it would take some decent writing talent to write a believable script...

So while the new one has some questionable content, its much more believable than the first one... i'm still holding judgement though, not gonna be till atleast tomarrow or thursday before we know for certain... damn poeple and their fake translations
Old 2006-12-06, 00:57   Link #10
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
This is how I am interpereting it: when the script mentions that Four emperors meeting, its a small conversation between two marines that most likely refers only to the meeting between Whitebeard and Shanks. The idea is plausible because the title of these four pirates isnt "Emperor" which implies only one ruler, the title is for an individual captain is "One of the Four Emperors". So when referring to any of these captains in any form of interaction with each other, it does make sense that they would refer to more then one emperor as a emperors even if theres just a gathering of 2. Also later on in the script when mihawk reads the actual report of what happens, it only states the meeting between whitebeard and shanks
Old 2006-12-06, 01:07   Link #11
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:

For one thing, there's a bit of a time lapse problem... after the meeting with whitebeard and shanks, we came back to water 7 while franky was building the ship... 3 days past and the ship is finished... in other words, the meeting between whitebeard and sahnks, aswell as the run-in between Blackbeard and Ace all occured 3 days earlier... So unless we got some kind of flashback kinda deal going on, it would mean that they been all standing there doing nothing for 3 days... I prefer to give Oda a bit more credit than that
Oh please, like it's ever possible to show everything happening at a certain time point at the sametime. Oda just showed one side of the story, then showed another side. There are lots of these "time lapse" in mangas. Lot of those, "MEANWHILE..." moments.
Old 2006-12-06, 01:19   Link #12
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
Oh please, like it's ever possible to show everything happening at a certain time point at the sametime. Oda just showed one side of the story, then showed another side. There are lots of these "time lapse" in mangas. Lot of those, "MEANWHILE..." moments.
This isn't a "meanwhile" moment... In the chapter where they got their new bounties, it was indicated that 3 days had past by... thus, there is atleast 3 days between when shanks and whitbeard met along with Ace and Blackbeared and this current supposed chapter...What the hell were they all doing for those three days? fighting nonstop?... Meanwhile moments are for events that are going on at about the same time, not for things that happened much earlier... when it was indicated that 3 days had gone by, it went by everywhere, including those meetings... If Oda cuts back to shanks and whitebeard now he would be showing what is happening to them at about the same time as when the strawhats were getting franky to join them, NOT what happened 3 days ago (that is unless Oda actually indicates that he is flashing back 3 days)... No this isn't a "meanwhile..." moment at all, it would be more like a flashback; and generally, a writer would directly indicate if it was indeed a flashback

If Oda was going to show us anymore of the blackbeard vs Ace or Shanks vs whitebeard, he would have done so before the strawhats got their bounties and new ship, before the 3 day time skip... More than likely, the next time we see any of those 4 characters it will be them talking about the outcome of their encounters without us actually seeig it (unless they grace us with a flashback)
Old 2006-12-06, 01:31   Link #13
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
This isn't a "meanwhile" moment... In the chapter where they got their new bounties, it was indicated that 3 days had past by... thus, there is atleast 3 days between when shanks and whitbeard met along with Ace and Blackbeared and this current supposed chapter...What the hell were they all doing for those three days? fighting nonstop?...

(unless they grace us with a flashback)
As you have also mentioned, it can be given in a flashback manner, which ends with what is going on in the real time.
Old 2006-12-06, 01:45   Link #14
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
As you have also mentioned, it can be given in a flashback manner, which ends with what is going on in the real time.
the difference between that kind of meanwhile and a flashback is the significant amount of time... meanwhiles occur at about the same time; With what you said the writer doesn't go back much more like 5 or 10 minutes, an it's done speciffically so that what is shown will end at the same time the previous scene ended; hence why they only go back a few minutes and not a few days, since they would only need a to show a few minutes of material to get back... That is the very pupose of "meanwhiles", to show what's going on WHILE something else was happening... if the writer was going to go back as far as several days, they would indeed indicate they were doing so saying "3 days ago"
Old 2006-12-06, 01:49   Link #15
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
the difference between that kind of meanwhile and a flashback is the significant amount of time... meanwhiles occur at about the same time; With what you said the writer doesn't go back much more like 5 or 10 minutes, an it's done speciffically so that what is shown will end at the same time the previous scene ended; hence why they only go back a few minutes and not a few days, since they would only need a to show a few minutes of material to get back... That is the very pupose of "meanwhiles", to show what's going on WHILE something else was happening... if the writer was going to go back as far as several days, they would indeed indicate they were doing so saying "3 days ago"
I guess you are talking about the word "meanwhile", but that is not the chapter script sentence by sentence, it is the summary of whoever read it. And, he might have made a wrong choice in his wording or understood incorrectly - and that would be possible if the real time events were not presented in this chapter.
Old 2006-12-06, 02:33   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I guess you are talking about the word "meanwhile", but that is not the chapter script sentence by sentence, it is the summary of whoever read it. And, he might have made a wrong choice in his wording or understood incorrectly - and that would be possible if the real time events were not presented in this chapter.
Well that is true... though i guess it all doesn't matter much now...
Seems the guys over at those other one piece forums that posted that first translation has edited the post and that first translation was taken down... they added another pic and got a new summary up, though untranslated... though it seems like they're finishing up what was going on at water 7 and setting sail... and that maybe it...

more then likely, i'm kinda guessing both translations were probably wrong
Old 2006-12-06, 03:00   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Well that is true... though i guess it all doesn't matter much now...
Seems the guys over at those other one piece forums that posted that first translation has edited the post and that first translation was taken down... they added another pic and got a new summary up, though untranslated... though it seems like they're finishing up what was going on at water 7 and setting sail... and that maybe it...

more then likely, i'm kinda guessing both translations were probably wrong
I checked the new spoiler. Currently there seems to be no info on others, we will see that when the full script is out.

Anyways, whatever the chapter is about, I have to admit, the new spoiler image is completely worth the chapter. Robin shows her wild side by giving Franky the pain of his lifetime.
Old 2006-12-06, 06:31   Link #18
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
it is strange how the WG create a huge fuzz over nothing ... shanks and WB met for sometime and it became that the 4 pirates kings met (maybe they will say that they are planning to join hand to take WG down in the meeting) !!!!!

and yeah the good thing about this chapter that the fight between Jimbie and SH will be delayed since Jimbie will most likely leave the island before luffy reach it and he will come later after they left it.

also i got strange feeling that jimbie's daughter will be the next SH crew member !!!?
Old 2006-12-06, 08:10   Link #19
chitgoks

jimbei's daughter ... a musician?!?! lol.. since that's the only kind of recruit whom luffy needs right now. he hasnt hinted at any other kind of crew that he needs.
Old 2006-12-06, 10:42   Link #20
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Acutally one other thing..
i always had a doubt about this but where does it say that the Shichibukai, would abandon their crew after the join the ranks ...
from this chapter it seems that some of them still have crew ... well despite Croc and Mihawk i think the other 5 still have their crew members with them ...

if so i can finally understand what garp meant by the balance of the three powers and why BB crew want him to join the Shichibukai, if not i really can't understand it.
Closed Thread