AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 15.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 25.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 32.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 16.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 12:42   Link #21
BakaOnna

Wait... I thought they used Goldenslaughterer during the Halloween Party. And do we finally get to hear more than 10 seconds of that bgm? Or did they not play it?
Old 2009-08-19, 12:43   Link #22
luizf

I'm fine with this kind of censorship..
It's better than those giant shadows or showing just their heads..
Thank god they censored that scene; i'm not into gore so i don't care about the uncensored content that will be in the DVD
Old 2009-08-19, 12:43   Link #23
MarthX

When Rosa sees the bodies, it's red dread. When the kids do, it's golden slaughter.
Old 2009-08-19, 12:46   Link #24
Goldsmith

Does Rosa barf?
Old 2009-08-19, 12:47   Link #25
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
Does Rosa barf?
No she doesn't.
Old 2009-08-19, 13:11   Link #26
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizf View Post
I'm fine with this kind of censorship..
It's better than those giant shadows or showing just their heads..
Thank god they censored that scene; i'm not into gore so i don't care about the uncensored content that will be in the DVD
The censorship is from the tv channel, the episode has no censorship.
Old 2009-08-19, 13:14   Link #27
Magicberyl

Finally, some action.
Old 2009-08-19, 13:15   Link #28
Leinne
Who... am I?

I liked this episode: the stakes of purgatory, Happy Halloween and so on. Review:
Spoiler for Opinion:

Still after all I gave it 9/10 because the stakes were just awesome and Battler Wright owns and Beato was really well played this time
Old 2009-08-19, 14:35   Link #29
ameskitty
Kupo

Oy, not too sure what to think about this episode.

Spoiler for II-III:
Old 2009-08-19, 14:56   Link #30
Marion
The Great Dine

Finished the raw.

Spoiler for Review:
Old 2009-08-19, 15:23   Link #31
Saerianne
*cackle*

Iunno. I think I got my expectations a bit too high for this ep. ^^; I'll be giving it a 7/10.
Old 2009-08-19, 15:25   Link #32
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Haven't really watched the episode, looked quick in on the 2chan though and...

Spoiler for Anime ep 8 picture and fangirl squee~:
Old 2009-08-19, 15:34   Link #33
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Never ask that question^^

My opinion...Gar!Secchan!Kanon is...let's say I liked the weak (yes I can write it right, Deen) VN Kanon better. Also Jessica's room is rather uhm huge!? I mean what the hell...
I'm a bit disappointed here and there.
And I still love both Jessi's and Beato's voice. Beatrice sounded so evil while mocking Kanon *drools*
Oh and "Requim" ToT Though the scene started way to fast after him falling, it was still rather sad, I guess
Old 2009-08-19, 15:41   Link #34
Saerianne
*cackle*

Spoiler for ep:
Old 2009-08-19, 15:52   Link #35
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Many of the opinions about the episode here are becoming borderline spoiler, so please watch what you say.

And as usual, a good number of the VN players come across as people who wouldn't be satisfied by any less than a broadcast play through of the game

Sigh...
Old 2009-08-19, 16:09   Link #36
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I loved Satan's voice, and Asmo's voice was nice too. I didn't really know what to expect for them, but I didn't find their voices unfitting or anything.

Old 2009-08-19, 17:20   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

Their voices were provided by Aki Toyosaki (Asmodeus) and Yoko Hikasa (Satan). Or as they're better known a few subforums over, Yui and Mio. And yes, Japan is way ahead of everyone else when it comes to voice actor jokes fanart about this.
Old 2009-08-19, 17:41   Link #38
urusai

I couldn't give this episode more than 5/10. It's hard to stomach the fact that harem fanservice shows get vastly better animation quality than Umineko. I can't really get into the storytelling when I'm constantly assaulted with hilariously bad drawing proportions and perspective scaling. (And I'm not even complaining about Maria's expressions)

At least they managed not to screw up Beatrice's face this time.
Old 2009-08-19, 18:11   Link #39
MarthX

You know... after the initial "No dread of the grave. FFFFFFFF" and "Where the hell is the 'fuck yeah' feeling for the meta battle?" If you stop and look at everything the episode did right then you realize the episode was actually good. They did a lot of things right.

+ Characters are finally showing good emotion over the deaths. Rosa would be the only exception but I don't really blame DEEN for not showing her vomiting. That's a bit much.

+ The fight animation was nice. Better than I expected. Some would point out that the light swords look bad but I thought the same in SN. When I saw Kanon pull it out, I wasn't thinking "awesome", I was thinking "What the hell. This is weird"

+ I like how they handled the red truth. Showing the words scrolling on screen with golden butterflies is a nice effect. They even used the red text sound from the game.

+ Beatrice has a lot of great laughs. Anybody that says that voice doesn't fit her character should be smacked. She's doing an amazing job.

+ The episode ended earlier than I predicted. Which is good.

An extra note: Pretty sure the censoring is because of the station not the studio. Otherwise the censoring would be a lot prettier. It wouldn't be fair to subtract points based on that. AT-X will probably air it uncensored.

In the end DEEN decided to focus on Kanon's scene instead of the meta much to everyone's dismay. I don't like that decision but there's plenty more meta scenes to go.

I'll probably end up giving this episode an 8.
Old 2009-08-19, 18:17   Link #40
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'd rate this episode on the average. It's not disappointing really. I guess they are reserving Dread of the Grave for later scenes, and it wouldn't have fit the scene considering Beato wasn't that struggling compared to the game. Have patience guys.

On voice actors, I'll give Asmodeus some slack (she is my fave stake after all), and I'll get used to her voice I guess. I was also surprised they used clash.wav

The bad thing would be rushing the episode a bit, but not as bad as the first episodes. I'll wait for the DVD's to show those candies. 7/10
Closed Thread