AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-02, 20:53   Link #1841
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
One thing for sure, Sawa-chan started to feel lonely
and her teacher... (I forgot his name) made an appearance again, lol.

not much to say about this chapter, but somehow I feel that the way the story was told is a bit different than usual, not sure why.

speaking of guitars... I forgot about the previous chapter (about Akira's guitar). I remembered there was a discussion about which year Yui's Les Paul guitar is. And judging by the conversation (it seems that it was implied that Akira's was more vintage than Yui's). So Yui's the newer one then?
there was a short decision somewhere about this, and based off appearance its an 80's Gibson.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:34   Link #1842
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

High School Chapter 10:

- It seems like the light music club is getting more sensible year after year...

- Azusa really has ran out of patience these past chapters with regard to Sawa-chan hasn't she? I felt a bit sorry for Sawa-chan when she was feeling nostalgic, and Azusa just wanted her to hand over the keys.

- I like the panel where Sawa-chan stuck her tongue out at her old homeroom teacher. That was surprisingly a cute moment.

- When the seniors graduate I wish Sumire and Okuda-san will continue as a duo and start doing house music in robotic suits and motorcycle helmets.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:50   Link #1843
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't Okuda need to borrow Mugi's keyboard for that to work?
Old 2012-03-02, 22:08   Link #1844
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'd think it's Sumire who should take up the keyboard. It'd be exhausting playing drums in a robotic suit unless you're Mugi.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-03-04, 23:52   Link #1845
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Which chapter did Ui get a guitar?
Old 2012-03-04, 23:59   Link #1846
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Which chapter did Ui get a guitar?
If we go by the current numbering scheme, then it's Vol 5, Chapter 8- where the club gets the drum kit and Nao becomes the (self-proclaimed) producer.
Old 2012-03-10, 09:17   Link #1847
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Spoiler for Univeristy Chapter 11:
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-03-10, 16:50   Link #1848
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was okay with "no more K-On! anime" ... but now I find myself hoping for an anime adaptation of the college years --- if simply for no other reason than I'd like to see more series set in University world. (Was hoping H&C was setting a trend as well.... meh)
Old 2012-03-10, 23:40   Link #1849
teja208
Critical fanboy

I also would like to see how will Kyoani handle college setting especially the campus, club room and dorm common room. They probabily based the setting on real place again which could be interesting since JWU is probabily a fairly high-class but not ojou college per se and must also retain K-on lively and relax atmosephere.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:23   Link #1850
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Given that they seem prone to attention to details, KyoAni might make for an interesting series.

And while the University setting and the original four main girls would prove interesting, Sumire (in the high school section) seems to be the one attracting a lot of attention. Partly because though her we finally get something about Mugi. The University group is interesting though. They are getting sparks of real life thrown at them from time to time. That and their new Club President had a habit of listening on on their conversations and then directing their courses of action when money comes up. Namely so that money ends up in the Light Music Club's hands.
Old 2012-03-11, 12:58   Link #1851
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

U club pres is a master of manipulation and has strong financial motivations. I wonder if she's an MBA grad student.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:53   Link #1852
teja208
Critical fanboy

So given a choice between Uni and HS chapters which one would you like to see adapt into anime first? Although I'm looking forward to hearing Sumire and Nao anime voices, I rather pick the Uni for the same reason as Vexx i.e. experimenting with the new setting rarely seen in other School Girl 4-koma series. I was wondering how other people think.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 03:24   Link #1853
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So given a choice between Uni and HS chapters which one would you like to see adapt into anime first? Although I'm looking forward to hearing Sumire and Nao anime voices, I rather pick the Uni for the same reason as Vexx i.e. experimenting with the new setting rarely seen in other School Girl 4-koma series. I was wondering how other people think.
Both
Although I think starting from the HS first would be better, looking at the flow of the manga. One part of it is that there are numerous reference to the seniors in the HS chapter, I think this'll make the viewers curious about the senior's daily life
besides, the HS chapter is good for starter the high school life setting is much more familiar with us that way, we could really see how different the university and college is

and the new chapter is up...
Spoiler for my thought:
Old 2012-03-12, 08:30   Link #1854
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

new chapter :

Spoiler for yay:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 10:17   Link #1855
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahh so that thing I said a while back about Yui being more mature looking is simply cause her hair has grown longer even if ever so slightly.
Felt that was the cause behind it but never really did click.
Hope she doesn't actually get her hair cut, would love to see her with longer hair.

Nice little chapter, gotta say I really like the Uni Yui alot more than Highchool Yui.
Don't know if it's cause of that "mature feeling" she gives even tho she is still somewhat childish but thats part of her charm.
At least we know she'll gorw up to be a real looker
Old 2012-03-12, 11:43   Link #1856
risto90

is it me or Yui mother is sexy xD
risto90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 12:28   Link #1857
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by risto90 View Post
is it me or Yui mother is sexy xD
Well I think the term Milf would apply here but thats generally a given in anime and manga anyway.

I just wonder if we'll ever get to see the other girls parents.
Old 2012-03-12, 21:12   Link #1858
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So a "crossover' with Yui and Ui. Yui being the main character since more or less the start we follow her around most of the time. (Azusa now being the other main character, was not present).

Yui is having Azu-nyan withdrawls.

Did Nodoka get advice (secretly) from Yui?

And Yui's a cake addict. Still.

Did anyone notice that the entire final exchange is only between Yui and her Mom. Ui didn't say anything.
Old 2012-03-12, 22:24   Link #1859
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Somehow after reading this chapter I got a feeling that Yui resembles her mom so much (especially her character)...

and I don't know why, but Yui's mom appearance in this chapter causes a certain name to pop in my head: Sokabe Megumi...

Nah... It's just my delusion probably...
Old 2012-03-12, 22:34   Link #1860
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

poor girl, her plan totally back fired on her! But nice little chapter god i love Yui, shes too funny! I actually don't mind her hair a bit longer. I have to agree with her logic of playing music for the fun of it, playing cos you like to do it. Which apples to anything really. You can learn quite a bit from K-ON!! in both music and life lesson essence. Also Seeing her mom again was pretty cool!

My question is what the heck did they do to her room? Did they really have to remove everything and turn it into a storage room What happened to her bed, dresser, etc?! I get shes going to college, but you know she'll be coming back once in awhile.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life