AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 14:37   Link #2381
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, I've finished going through the third chapter of the photo story, and boy is it a doozy! I swear I was jumping up and down when I read this! Beware major spoiler!

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Chapter 3 (Detailed summary):

Well, leaving aside everything else, let's focus on the important thing here: the client. Let's make a few things clear first (I put it in spoiler tag just in case):

Spoiler for Points on client:

...Okay, based on all this, I can only see two possibilities here. He is either:
Spoiler for 2 possibillities:

Anyway, I warmly welcome anyone else to comment on this chapter and what has been revealed!
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 18:32   Link #2382
gordol
Banned

Nice work bro, I don't really know who the mystery character is supposed to be.

Anyway here are MSL scans for last month:

http://imgur.com/siN1u
http://imgur.com/WChlO
http://imgur.com/As2fi
http://imgur.com/TIs45
http://imgur.com/KeRTw

Last edited by gordol; 2012-08-07 at 09:17.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 20:27   Link #2383
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

As I said, the mystery character is
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Hopefully we'll find out more on that in later chapters. (We'll know for sure who it is if they appear in the manga.)

Also, your images aren't showing for some reason.
Old 2012-08-09, 23:31   Link #2384
gordol
Banned

KMF Bradford appears, expect details on this month's HJ

Old 2012-08-10, 06:48   Link #2385
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Some interesting images there. But before I comment, here's this month's new summary for the manga:

Spoiler for Oz Manga Chapter 3 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Manga Chapter 4 Summary:

At last, it seems that the manga is starting to catch up with the photo story, as evidenced by the appearance of Wizard. I like that image of him from the manga, though I hope we'll eventually get a color image of him, along with the other characters. The Agravain also looks quite good here, I can't wait to see it in action in later chapters.

I'm surprised that we're seeing the Bradford so soon in the manga, but I suppose they're trying to move the story along now that Oldrin and Orpheus have met. I really like the Bradford's design, it's better than the Tristan's in my opinion. The Sutherland Sniper also looks interesting, with that special cannon its holding. I hope they'll give the specs for these two new Knightmares in the next Hobby Japan issue.

In any case, I'm really wondering how the manga side will progress from now on, now that the manga has caught up with the first chapter of the photo story. Since Orpheus has been doing missions that are unrelated to the Glinda Knights for the past two chapters, I suppose Oldrin and the others will also be doing their own thing for a while. The fact that Schneizel has appeared will certainly make things interesting, and hopefully we'll be able to learn more about what's been happening with the people in the Britannian homeland since the end of the Black Rebellion.

Also, for those that are interested, here's an image of cover for the first volume of the Oz manga which has just come out:

Old 2012-08-10, 13:02   Link #2386
gordol
Banned

Agravain is fucking broken, mind this is before the Rounds get their custom toys in R2:
-Float System
-Hadron cannons
-MVS
-BLAZE LUMINOUS
-Missiles and slash harkens
-A seemingly good pilot

Sutherland Sniper uses a Hadron Cannon

Old 2012-08-10, 15:49   Link #2387
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I know, the moment I saw the specs for the Agravain, I thought "this is just unfair" at the overwhelming number of weapons and systems it has. Though, since I've only seen the snapshots images of the latest chapter so far, I can't really make a judgement about Wizard's own skills. (The photo story apparently skipped over the part where he fights in that scene, giving absolutely NO details.)

And the Sutherland Sniper has a Hadron Cannon? Hmm, didn't seem that one coming. In that case, it's probably a stop-gap machine for the prototype Knightmare of the Mordred, which we'll likely see in later chapters. (Since the Bradford has already made an appearance, it will probably come up within the near future as well.)
Old 2012-08-21, 11:17   Link #2388
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

In case anyone is interested, the first Oz volume is out, and included inside it were images and descriptions of Oldrin, the Lancelot Grail and, surprisingly, the Sutherland. (Guess they wanted to catch up for those who are new to Code Geass.) Here are the scans for them:

Spoiler for Oz Vol 1 Images:

No new information in them, unfortunately, but at least it seems that they'll be giving more KMF specs in each volume.
Old 2012-08-21, 18:09   Link #2389
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
In case anyone is interested, the first Oz volume is out, and included inside it were images and descriptions of Oldrin, the Lancelot Grail and, surprisingly, the Sutherland. (Guess they wanted to catch up for those who are new to Code Geass.) Here are the scans for them:

Spoiler for Oz Vol 1 Images:

No new information in them, unfortunately, but at least it seems that they'll be giving more KMF specs in each volume.
Are the scans yours? If positive, anything interesting on the manga?
Old 2012-08-21, 19:13   Link #2390
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Yeah, the scans are mine. I ordered the volume 1 and got it in the mail not that long ago. When I read it, the most striking that stood out to me was the changes that had been done to the images in the prologue. (Seriously, in some places its completely different from the magazine version. I guess they decided to "improve" it for the tankobon.) Also, it only includes up to chapter 3, where it basically ends where the first chapter of the photo story ended, so there is there is no plot info beyond that.

Besides that, my biggest comment of the volume would be its art. In my opinion, its really good and keeps up an amazing quality all through each chapter. The Knightmare battles also look nice, though the ones that are shown in these chapters are pretty short except for the one at the end. (Really though, reading this feels so much better than looking at the..."unique" art of Nightmare of Nunnally and Renya. Unlike those, the art in Oz really feels like Code Geass-style.)

If there are anymore questions, I'd be happy to answer in more detail.
Old 2012-08-21, 21:40   Link #2391
gordol
Banned

Mecha related things I noticed:

-Panzer Hummel variants: one with large backpack cannon, other with gatling arms
-New portable cluster missile launcher used by a Sutherland, area wide
-Sniper rifle used by a Suther
-a Custom Suther with a decorated shield and a new kind of gun

Nice art, good action scenes, bad hentai ovetones
Old 2012-08-21, 21:40   Link #2392
Xander

Considering the purpose of Oz was to come up with new KMF variants and so on, it's actually quite nice that they're doing more of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Besides that, my biggest comment of the volume would be its art. In my opinion, its really good and keeps up an amazing quality all through each chapter. The Knightmare battles also look nice, though the ones that are shown in these chapters are pretty short except for the one at the end. (Really though, reading this feels so much better than looking at the..."unique" art of Nightmare of Nunnally and Renya. Unlike those, the art in Oz really feels like Code Geass-style.)

If there are anymore questions, I'd be happy to answer in more detail.
Well, that last part makes me a bit curious: who is the Oz artist and what has he done before?
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 05:57   Link #2393
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Mecha related things I noticed:

-Panzer Hummel variants: one with large backpack cannon, other with gatling arms
-New portable cluster missile launcher used by a Sutherland, area wide
-Sniper rifle used by a Suther
-a Custom Suther with a decorated shield and a new kind of gun

Nice art, good action scenes, bad hentai ovetones
Yeah, I'm really interested in finding out more about that new Panzer-Hummel variant and that modified looking Sutherland with the ornamental shield. Hopefully it will come out in later chapters

Actually, the Sutherland missile launcher is the "Sattel Waffen" that was first used by the Glaston Knight Gloucesters in R1 and later by Sutherlands in R2. (If you look up the Sutherland page on the CG Wiki, it states it clearly there.)

And yeah, there are some ecchi elements in there. Still, the CG anime also had some of that, so it's not like it's something new. As long as they don't go overboard, I think it won't do any harm and at least add to the comedic elements of the manga, like THAT scene in chapter 2 with Maribelle. (You know what I mean. )

And to Xander, the Oz artist and writer's name is Toujou Chika who, surprisingly, hasn't done any previous works, at least under that name. For a new mangaka to come out with such good art on her first work is a bit unusual, but since she captures the CG style to such a great degree, I will not complain. Hopefully she'll keep this quality up for the rest of the manga, and even improve further.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:41   Link #2394
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, apparently this month's Hobby Japan is out and the Oz website has had its usual update for the latest photo story chapter. This month's looks really interesting from the looks of it.

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 3 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 4 Summary:

It seems we'll finally be learning more of Orpheus' past this time. Unfortunately, my copy will be arriving later this time because of various issues, so the MSL scans may come out first this time.
Old 2012-08-25, 05:57   Link #2395
gordol
Banned

1:オルフェウスにギアスを与えたのはv.v.
2:オルフェウスが「敵」と定めているのは叔父のオイアグロ・ジヴォンと彼が率いる「プルートーン」という 組織
3:ジヴォン家及びプルートーンはブリタニア皇家の為に汚れ仕事を引き受ける一族で、現在はオイアグロがオ ルドリンから奪っている
4:オルフェウスがブリタニアに反逆しているのは、一緒に脱走した恋人をプルートーンに殺された ため
5:ウィザードが手配・調整したグラスゴーで、オルフェウスはプルートーンの一人(搭乗機はサザーランド) を仕留める
6:ウィザードの正体判明?
Old 2012-08-25, 07:16   Link #2396
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, this is some interesting bits of information. (I assume it came from the latest Hobby Japan?) Anyway, here's a translation of it:

Quote:
1.The one who gave Geass to Orpheus was V.V.
2.The one who Orpheus has determined as his “enemy” is his uncle Oiaguro Zivon and the organization led by him, called “Pluton”.
3.The Zivon family and Pluton are a clan that undertakes dirty jobs for the good of the Britannian Imperial Family, and currently Oiaguro has taken that away from Oldrin.
4.The reason that Orpheus rebels against Britannia is because his lover, who escaped together with him, was killed by Pluton.
5.In the Glasgow prepared and tuned for him by Wizard, Orpheus kills one of the members of Pluton (who is piloting a Sutherland).
6.Will Wizard’s true identity be revealed?
Well, now things are becoming a bit more clear in this story. Now I can't wait to the latest chapter myself.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:41   Link #2397
gordol
Banned

No scans yet, damn, apparently there's lineart for a custom Glasgow with a high frequency blade

meanwhile have this

Last edited by gordol; 2012-08-28 at 08:23.
Old 2012-08-30, 13:58   Link #2398
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

A few bits of info on the fourth Oz manga chapter, based on information posted on the internet:

Quote:
-Like in the photo novel, Wizard interrupts the battle between the Oz twins. Only difference is that Orpheus already seems to know Wizard. (Again, the authors have some minor discrepancies between the two stories.)
-Sokia gets better from her lack of confidence and returns to the battlefield.
-Skip ahead to later, when Tink and Leonhard are in the hospital and the girls are visiting. There, they learn about a horribly inaccurate parody manga based on the Glinda Knights, which is apparently for propaganda now that the group has become more widely known.
-Schneizel, as everyone knows, makes an appearance, apparently to give the Glinda Knights the new Bradford.
-Most interestingly, a new group appears in Britannia at the end of the chapter, who seem to be neither terrorists nor the Britannian Army, and have their own agenda to turn the "imperial capital into ash and dust". (We only see the back of their leader, but my gut is saying this is Oiagura Zevon and his Pluton organization...It seems there's more going on in this story than just a battle between the Glinda Knights and the terrorists of Peace Mark.)
Old 2012-08-30, 18:53   Link #2399
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Unexpectedly, I just got the latest chapter of the photo story today! (Apparently the delays were taken care.) Anyway, this chapter is really interesting, as not only do we get more info on Orpheus' past, they give a shocking revelation at the end when they reveal Wizard's identity! I'll post the detailed translation in a few days, but first, I'll reveal this at least:

Spoiler for Wizard's true identity:

Anyway, here are the scans:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Chapter 4 Scans:

Also, here are the translations for the two featured Knightmares:

Glasgow Orpheus Custom:
A Glasgow that has been thoroughly tuned up to match Orpheus. In addition to the standardly equipped Assault Rifle, it is also equipped with a Mark-59 anti-armor combat knife for Orpheus, whose specialty is close combat.

Sutherland Pluton Custom: (For some reason they mistakenly left out the "n" in Pluton)
A Sutherland used by the special forces “Pluton”. Aside from the special color of all the group’s machines, it is unclear whether there is any difference with the regular Sutherland.
Old 2012-08-30, 19:28   Link #2400
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Uhm...I think some new knightmare model will arrive at my home in future.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha