AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-12, 21:20   Link #1881
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Thank God for Aspirin and Hot showers.... Getting up at 5:30 for work is not good for the body..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I can't believe some people actually think the Quarter crew deserting was actually alright. Did it produce results? Sure. Was it okay? No way, José... What Wylder did, calling Leon out, could have easily been done before - they did not come back with a smoking gun they didn't have before, after all.

Just thought to point that out, as the Ranka discussion seems to be going around in circles, again...
Yeah it is, I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. In comparison though, I would see the Quarter ditching in a more positive light then Ranka ditching. I never said it was Alright .

Anyway i stopped caring when i went down to rest, i don't exactly like talking in circles, and we obviously don't see eye to eye on this. Let's All agree to disagree .

(especially since I'm in a much better mood then i was earlier)

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-08-12 at 21:55.
Old 2009-08-12, 21:23   Link #1882
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
(especially since I'm in a much better mood then i was earlier)
That, or you realized I was about to sing and stopped when I could.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-13, 03:19   Link #1883
magnuskn

Yeah, not so much with the peace here. I just got up and I wonīt let inconsistencies stand, not even with Tak singing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Probably. She also asked Alto, after all. But that's beside the point... the argument was that she was responsible for hurting the defense of Frontier by taking Brera away. She's no more at fault than Brera.
Nobody said that. I said Brera went either on his own or was asked by Ranka to go. Nobody *cares* about Banana leaving and no one was accusing Ranka of "taking him away".

Quote:
See above. Magnuskn mentioned it, so I threw it in.
No, I did not. Donīt make shit up.

Quote:
Eh, not so much. I like lists, so I'm gonna list stuff:
  • Ranka was under Grace's influence - she wasn't helping by choice.
Yeah, well. I got a wholly another rant stored up about Rankas lack of willpower, but whatever.

Quote:
  • If it hadn't been Ranka, it would have been Sheryl. Like I said before, that's why Sheryl was infected in the first place. It wasn't by some great insight on Sheryl's part that saved her, it was Grace finding someone with a more powerful influence on the Vajra.
Debatable. Sheryl was declared a failed experiment in episode fifteen. It could be that Grace would have continued trying to use her, but thatīs speculative at this point.

Quote:
  • Ranka gets blamed for knowing about Ai - well, yes, but so did Alto, Nanase, and even Michael - they never get mentioned
Not true. We had this very same discussion some weeks ago, I condemned Alto just as much as Ranka. Michael didnīt know about Ai-kun, btw.

Quote:
  • Ranka gets blamed for not wanting to sing in ep 20 because she was distraught - okay, fine, Sheryl wanted to quit singing until Alto convinced her to - no so different
Oh, come on. Bull. Shit. Sheryl was in a completely other situation than Ranka.

a.) She was dying from an uncurable disease.
b.) She did not have the same powers as Ranka at that point.
c.) When she got those same powers, in the terminal phase of her illness, she inequivocally offered herself to DIE for Frontiers people. She did this without Alto convincing her of anything.

Honestly, this comparison of yours is beyond insulting.

Quote:
  • Ranka gets blamed for not being able to control her emotions when singing for the Vajra - except that she said she was in no condition to sing and only did so after Alto and Sheryl convinced her to
Point granted, although not wholly. I still think Rankas reaction was beyond childish, but in that parameter she at least tried.

Quote:
  • Ranka gets blamed for deserting Frontier to go off on her own mission - sure, and so did Ozma and the Quarter Crew. Ozma even goes as far to point out that they're doing the same thing as Ranka (see his speech to Alto when the Quarter is fighting its way free) - yet Ranka is making an immature decision and the Quarter crew are doing the right thing
Debatable. Quarter leaving did pull away important resources from Frontier, but at least Ozma and Cathy did have a figurative gun pointed at their heads by Leon.

The whole objective of getting information about Grace was not really relevant in the end, since Quarter basically showed only up to kick ass. About Leon getting imprisoned... well, thatīs a bit more complicated. It certainly looked easy in episode 25, but if there hadnīt been a crisis situation it wouldnīt have been as easy as it happened.

Quote:
  • Ranka gets blamed for taking Brera away - yet Brera agreed to go so he's equally responsible. Besides, he was still under Grace's control at that point - he was only an ally to the Frontier as long as it was convenient for Grace. It was Ranka that started to shake Grace's control over him.
Nobody cares about the blonde dimwit. Nobody has ever blamed Ranka for taking Brera away. Stop making shit up.

Quote:
It all looks like a double standard to me. Just about all the characters have their list of mistakes and flaws, but at most they get a gentle chiding and Ranka gets vilified. Ranka isn't perfect, but neither are any of the other characters.
For the third time ( and I note that you refuse to address this point ), the problem is that Ranka only gets called once on her behaviour, and that is very early in the series by Michael. She continues making self-centered decisions for much of the later series and nobody ever calls her on it.
Old 2009-08-13, 04:12   Link #1884
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

People, people, no need to get aggressive...

Old 2009-08-13, 04:30   Link #1885
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
People, people, no need to get aggressive...
I really find this comparison to Sheryls decision not to sing and Rankas hissy fit to be deeply offensive.
Old 2009-08-13, 04:42   Link #1886
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

What an amazing crowd; the poor horse probably hacked all its internal organs out from the number of times it's been beaten to death and resurrected, only to be beaten down again.

Let's just all agree that we want to see Ranka-chan having hot, wincest smex with that sexy piece of manmeat Brera, and Sheryl staring in admiration at them going like rabbits.

There, I have publicized my everyone's secret fantasies.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn
Nobody cares about the blonde dimwit.
What impudence. *slaps magnuskn with Tak's stained Sherylwear*

Last edited by cheesie; 2009-08-13 at 04:58.
Old 2009-08-13, 05:09   Link #1887
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
What an amazing crowd; the poor horse probably hacked all its internal organs out from the number of times it's been beaten to death and resurrected, only to be beaten down again.

Let's just all agree that we want to see Ranka-chan having hot, wincest smex with that sexy piece of manmeat Brera, and Sheryl staring in admiration at them going like rabbits.

If by that you mean Ranka leaves Alto alone ( *whiny voice* Leave Alto alone! ), then it serves as a fantasy. ^^

Quote:
What impudence. *slaps magnuskn with Tak's stained Sherylwear*
Not even those soiled implements shall stop me from talking truth about Prince Valium.
Old 2009-08-13, 05:10   Link #1888
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:

Well...I always did think Brera made a more canon match with Ranka. So, I'm down with it.

Alto and Sheryl can make like a pair of jackrabbits too while they're at it. XD
Old 2009-08-13, 05:33   Link #1889
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Alto and Sheryl can make like a pair of jackrabbits too while they're at it. XD
Hopefully not while watching Brera and Ranka.
Old 2009-08-13, 05:43   Link #1890
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hopefully not while watching Brera and Ranka.
Course not! They can find a meadow room of their own and make bunnies babies.

Courtesy of Father Vivi

Anyway, I have a feeling we won't be seeing DYRL Ranka until the second movie, but that's just me.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:01   Link #1891
magnuskn

Quote:
Course not! They can find a meadow room of their own and make bunnies babies.

Courtesy of Father Vivi
Meep!

Quote:
Anyway, I have a feeling we won't be seeing DYRL Ranka until the second movie, but that's just me.
To be honest, I have high anticipations that Kawamori will use the second movie to "redeem" Ranka, so to say, i.e. make her grow up and accept some responsibility for herself.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:41   Link #1892
Kylegoblue

Quote:

Courtesy of Father Vivi
I wonder if people like Alto as a romantic lead only because he's the main character and hero of the story, or because they genuinely like his personality. That's a question for another thread though.

Anyway, people seem to take this discussion pretty personally, and it sounds like this topic has been rehashed a few times already. I can't think of any original topics, but I'd love to get a fresh discussion going.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:47   Link #1893
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegoblue View Post
I wonder if people like Alto as a romantic lead only because he's the main character and hero of the story, or because they genuinely like his personality. That's a question for another thread though.
I personally really like Alto as the main male protagonist and as Sheryls love interest.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:48   Link #1894
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I didn't make the Alto Fanclub for nothing.
And I was pretty sure we were moving on to something else already (besides cheesie's fantasies).
Old 2009-08-13, 06:58   Link #1895
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I can't think of any original topics, but I'd love to get a fresh discussion going.
Topics of Interest

a) How much do you want to grope Grace's despairs and nightmares?

b) Is Alto a bottom in every potential relationship?

c) Is it still incest if Brera has no more blood? *Highly recommended*

d) Cheesie and Swampstorm's Secret Fantasies
Old 2009-08-13, 06:59   Link #1896
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
And I was pretty sure we were moving on to something else already (besides cheesie's fantasies).
Don't tempt her into talking more about them!
Old 2009-08-13, 07:06   Link #1897
Kylegoblue

Quote:
I'm sorry I must have missed that. What would that topic be?
Old 2009-08-13, 07:12   Link #1898
magnuskn

Quote:
b) Is Alto a bottom in every potential relationship?
Not with Ranka. ^^
Old 2009-08-13, 07:52   Link #1899
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
I'm sorry I must have missed that. What would that topic be?
I was saying something about DYRL Ranka's appearance in the 2nd movie, for it seems the first movie will be more on the recaps and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Not with Ranka. ^^
AMEN. Hmm...I also notice that Arusheri doujinkas seem to be making Alto on top lately
Old 2009-08-13, 07:59   Link #1900
magnuskn

BTW, "nice" to know that "Sheryl fans" now give negative cookies to stifle discussion. Honestly, that is out of line. If you donīt want to discuss about Ranka, donīt look when a debate is going on. Donīt anonymously try to supress debate, that comes close to blackmail.