AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 123 72.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 14.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 9.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 17:19   Link #81
Tabris

I couldn't wait for the HD raws, so I'm watching the small flv version that's been uploaded to that place. Just watching through it now

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-15, 17:31   Link #82
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
oooh! it's going R-Type/Yukikaze!

Nothing like having a Drones to back you up.

But what you expect from the dammn shouta?

meh.

Old 2008-05-15, 17:38   Link #83
Zekori

Not pretty bad for the first major battle, infact pretty amazing with all the "Intros" they had to pull off (Macross, the monster)

on a side note for the preview
Spoiler for ?:
Old 2008-05-15, 17:58   Link #84
Tabris

I was just reading a thread on 4chan and I saw someone say "Why the hell are we downloading the worst raw ever specifically so we can watch a lushly animated battle?" Which made me laugh, as I was so desperate to watch this episode, I've downloaded the flv, but it was totally worth it.

I can't wait for the HD Raws though

Oh and for other spoilers related to the episode

Spoiler:

And for the next episode
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-05-15 at 18:16.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:10   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Out. Standing. I'm a convert to space battles if they can be this good. That 22 minutes went by like five.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:18   Link #86
zalem

Now this is what I've been waiting for! Excellent episode. And the addition of a new interesting character, Brera. Wonder whose side he's really on. Didn't seem too friendly with Alto.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:20   Link #87
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Is anyone else horribly disappointed by next week's preview? Ranka AND Sheryl's faces look funny - and I have to agree that Ranka doesn't look good in that Mihoshi Academy uniform. Sheryl in an EX Gear's interesting, but I have to wonder why she's wearing one. Or is she planning to drop Alto from a tall height due to what he did this episode?

This looked interesting, though - it appears Sheryl is jump-starting Ranka's career with that stage appearance. Mind you, their voices do mesh well together... so I wonder if this could be the start of either a rivalry, or perhaps coperformers? Probably the former... but the latter idea would mesh with the OP, even if that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the events of the series.

And hello, Brera Stern, the competition for the title of 'hime'.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:20   Link #88
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Macross Signature like that.

They showed you what SPACE BATTLE was like in 1983, bamm! they show you again how it's don 2008!

*gloss over Macross 7*

wait. what?!! Dammn Zentradi invasion NEXT YEAR???!!! FLEEEEEE!

Old 2008-05-15, 18:22   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

That was a stunning episode.. I need to rewatch that again asap when the HD raw or fuck a good raw is released.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Episode 8 preview:

Btw a dialogue question for this episode

Spoiler:

Quote:
Is anyone else horribly disappointed by next week's preview? Ranka AND Sheryl's faces look funny -
This is one homage to the original series I can do without lol..
Old 2008-05-15, 18:24   Link #90
Wesley84

Spoiler for Raw spoilers:
Old 2008-05-15, 18:31   Link #91
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Now this is what I've been waiting for! Excellent episode. And the addition of a new interesting character, Brera. Wonder whose side he's really on. Didn't seem too friendly with Alto.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-15, 18:32   Link #92
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm guessing they heard it by the glow and the reactions of Brera.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:41   Link #93
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Spoiler for Raw spoilers:
maybe not sniper, but designated marksman, which is the normal infantry doctrine in the US army/USMC nowaday.

The raw is slow today and with bad quality than usual , I guess cappers is scared
Old 2008-05-15, 18:42   Link #94
Tabris

Oh, during the intro scene it was explaining implants and whilst it was it showed what we saw last episode before Vajra intervention

Spoiler:

Oh, and a bit more about Brera playing the harmonica
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-15, 18:53   Link #95
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Amazing episode. At the beginning I was kinda angry that they recycled footage from Episode 1 concert - they better make some new footage for the DVD/BD release. But then my anger was quickly calmed because the episode was totally awesome. Amazing battle and Infinity in the background playing - best part: MACROSS CANNON, HASSHA!!!!!!!!

From the previews looks like next week we’re back to low-budget outsourced Filipino animation. But like said before, amidst all the drops in animation quality, Macross Frontier continues to be a treat.

I heart Sheryl so much.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:11   Link #96
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Amazing episode. At the beginning I was kinda angry that they recycled footage from Episode 1 concert - they better make some new footage for the DVD/BD release.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think most of that footage was used for the Season Episode 1 airing. It's stock footage, but it's from the Deculture Edition. Again, I may be wrong and I can't check since I no longer have the first episode, since I prefer the Deculture version.

Now for some other things.

I think Sheryl's Lily Gown is the most gorgeous we've seen her yet. Too bad the song that accompanied it took second fiddle to the accompanying battle segment. Sounded like a nice one too.

Bersa is his name? Brera? I say he's Ranka's father, recovered DOA by Galaxy, and Robocop'd into action. If you're going to make a cyborg, you probably can't do better than a Zentradi physiology.

I think the Vajra have lost all credibility as a threat. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since I won't feel as bad when characters inevitably start to die. Paybacks a bitch, you know?

Who's the Zentradi with all the crystals? He's too odd looking not to have a name.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:19   Link #97
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Wow, Sheryl is really on fire for three episodes already.

Spoiler for preview:
Old 2008-05-15, 19:21   Link #98
Tabris

It's Mr. Bilrer, he's been mentioned in both episodes 5 and 6 too.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:24   Link #99
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Apparently, the Skull Squadron's attack name is known as the "PLANET DANCE"...

*Curses*

- Tak
Old 2008-05-15, 19:32   Link #100
Lanis

The mysterious pink valk looks ALOT like the ones that the bad guys were flying in Macross Zero. Down to the wing shape and even little front sweeping wings near the cockpit area.
Closed Thread