AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 22:52   Link #81
ZODDGUTS

Just gotta say I'm glad this isn't Yuri, I'm tired of that crap already. So far I've enjoyed the manga, love seeing Maria torture that yuri girl.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:56   Link #82
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Just gotta say I'm glad this isn't Yuri, I'm tired of that crap already. So far I've enjoyed the manga, love seeing Maria torture that yuri girl.
How the heck can you be tired of it when there's not much pure yuri series out there (especially in the manga front)?
Old 2008-12-12, 01:09   Link #83
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Just gotta say I'm glad this isn't Yuri, I'm tired of that crap already.
Now if you say you're tired of straight romance, then I can understand.
Meh, each to his own, though.
Old 2008-12-12, 01:12   Link #84
sirn
田舎者言うな

The series will be pre-aired online on December 26, 2008 to January 6, 2009 on Animate TV. Don't know if it'll only restricted to Japan or not, though. (I hope it's not.)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:59   Link #85
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
How the heck can you be tired of it when there's not much pure yuri series out there (especially in the manga front)?
True there aren't many pure Yuri series, was talking about seeing it in anime/manga where it may not be the main plot but it's there like in My Hime/Otome and a bunch of other series.

Anyways the manga is more of a parody of Yuri and Gender bender, thankfully it doesn't get into the Yuri aspect.
Old 2008-12-12, 03:51   Link #86
Kuroi Cosmo

Quote:
True there aren't many pure Yuri series, was talking about seeing it in anime/manga where it may not be the main plot but it's there like in My Hime/Otome and a bunch of other series.

Anyways the manga is more of a parody of Yuri and Gender bender, thankfully it doesn't get into the Yuri aspect.
Ooh, poor guy... it must be really painful to see a lesbian couple every 5328471284371290 straight couples in anime/manga...

Quote:
...really, what an idiotic trolling post...

And it's just too sad that homophobic posts like yours keep spreading in AS and mods leave them be...
Kuroi Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 06:28   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
From what I've read of the manga Maria's attitude just pisses me off too much.
Personally i love her attitide, very much so though i do understand that it's not one that everyone is going to enjoy like i do. It'll probably be one of the reasons a lot of people turn away from this show after the first episode.
Old 2008-12-12, 07:24   Link #88
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not like I like her attitude, but rather I enjoy it. Honestly, if people can stand Luke for almost half of the series, I think this will be nothing.

Reading the RAW hurts my eyes, a lot. Too much dialogue with heavy Kanji that I don't understand the meaning T^T.
But from the way they talking, I know I'll enjoy this one. I'm a sucker when it comes to all-girl-school and ojou type . Can't resist myself whenever I hear the phrase "Gokigenyou".

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2008-12-12 at 09:34.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 09:27   Link #89
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
ZODDGUTS... you might want to consider that you're offending people with your posts. They don't even make sense. I.e. flamebait = not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i love her attitide, very much so though i do understand that it's not one that everyone is going to enjoy like i do. It'll probably be one of the reasons a lot of people turn away from this show after the first episode.
I prefer my oneesama/ojou type to be 1) real girls and 2), while I don't mind occasional mischief, with a gentle demeanor. That's what defines it for me, actually.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 09:59   Link #90
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I must say the nose bleed part while annoying in other anime when they keep using it over and over, in Maria+Holic, it's a core of the show. Oh, and Mariya, also.

I'm soooo looking forward to this.
Old 2008-12-12, 16:56   Link #91
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Honestly I like sadistic type characters but I hate how they are generally portrayed in anime/manga. Instead them being smart, the characters around them are made stupider to allow them to get away with their antics. Rarely is any idea they come with in real life able to fool anyone who isn't mentally impaired. They often portrayed as friendless or close to friendless. Also the cliche ending of the girl (fake lesbian) needing to bring out the inner kindness of the sadist and change him for the better. Hopefully this series can avoid that sort of ending. The worst part is that they often portrayed as people who look down on others and don't realize how pathetic they themselves are. Just because you like to have a little fun at someone else expense doesn't mean you think you're better than them.

Sadists are portrayed usually as one dimensional characters, who are never given any real depth besides being a sadist. I, as a sadist resent this portrayal! As side characters they work fine mostly but as main ones they often too subject to this mold.
Old 2008-12-12, 17:37   Link #92
G.o.S
~desu♥

What's that X'mas Night on the front page for? I clicked on it, but nothing happened.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:06   Link #93
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.o.S View Post
What's that X'mas Night on the front page for? I clicked on it, but nothing happened.
From what I understand it appears to be a Christmas night showing of the show in Tokyo. So if you're in the area make sure to drop by.
Old 2008-12-12, 23:46   Link #94
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.o.S View Post
A special Seiyū talk event on Christmas, with episode 1 pre-screening. (Which you can watch it online on 26th anyway. )
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 01:29   Link #95
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
ZODDGUTS... you might want to consider that you're offending people with your posts. They don't even make sense. I.e. flamebait = not good.

I prefer my oneesama/ojou type to be 1) real girls and 2), while I don't mind occasional mischief, with a gentle demeanor. That's what defines it for me, actually.

They seem to be rather piss that I don't like Yuri, just saying I'm glad this isn't a Yuri series not a big fan of it. I'm up to raw vol 3 so far there really isn't none just close friendships and they all seem to see that one lesbian girl (it's what Maria called her ) to see her act odd with all her nosebleeds, it's more like their making fun of her liking Yuri making feel is like a parody, that's why I'm able to enjoy this series. Can't wait to see how Shinbo will make the yuri loving girl and Maria even more ridiculous in the way they act.
Old 2008-12-13, 01:41   Link #96
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Yeah right, only close friendships....
Good work maintaining denial mode.
Old 2008-12-13, 02:19   Link #97
ZODDGUTS

Oh dear looks like for some people Yuri is serious business.

Anyways haven't seen any Yuri in the manga. If your looking for Yuri go look somewhere else. There were plenty of parts of the manga that the manga-ka could have gone that route thankfully the manga-ka didn't.
Old 2008-12-13, 02:21   Link #98
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Interesting

ENDOU Minari's work adapted.
I just hope it will be better handled than Hatenko Yugi (Dazzle).

Knowing the mangaka, i thing that Maria†holic may have more depth than expected.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 03:35   Link #99
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

Anyways haven't seen any Yuri in the manga. If your looking for Yuri go look somewhere else. There were plenty of parts of the manga that the manga-ka could have gone that route thankfully the manga-ka didn't.
Geez. This is just a case where in the same situation, different people with different view points will see thing differently.
Okay let's move on. There is no point in it anyway.
Old 2008-12-13, 03:40   Link #100
Kuroi Cosmo

Quote:
And it looks like that for some people their serious business is trolling, starting flames and not respecting other people tastes...

It's not the first time you do this, it seems you really like to provoke yuri fans with various types of flamebaits... it's never too late for learning some respect for other people, you know?
Kuroi Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, genderbender, romance, seinen, shaft, trap