AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-22, 20:51   Link #61
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

First half had some nice elements:
Hungry Haruka snatching some food from the Oden stall and then being dragged away.
Teacher getting plastered... again. I wonder what crazy things she did last year?
Sae wearing that Santa outfit - too bad she skimped out, she would've had a chance there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Hot Spring Excursion

Beautiful Ai with bath-towel here=>
Spoiler:

just looked mighty fine! During her confession Ai looked some wonderful here! Wow! Nice fan service for girls of Junichi's body! Wow! That was bold of Ai to do the sudden jump at Junichi here! Ai's hot body from behind here=>
Spoiler:

Was so extra nice and ! Bold kiss was bold and Junichi saw her ass and breasts not to mention curves! Lucky guy! I think other than Haruka...Ai is the second one to do this to him....remember Haruka did it too with only a bath-towel! So it ends with a nice prediction! That of a animal family of deers.... that might predict them being a nice family! Afterwards the lap pillow part was nice too and Ai looked so mature too! Zettai ryouiki was good too!
Onsen scene was absolutely great indeed, especially with Ai confessing and then jumping naked at Junichi ("Surprise, I don't wear anything under my towel!")
Then a wild kiss... and probaly wild sex as well. You can vividly imagine how thing go on from now on with Ai being so daring

Anyway, that great onsen scene with daring Ai convinced me to give it a 10/10.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:10   Link #62
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Then a wild kiss... and probaly wild sex as well. You can vividly imagine how thing go on from now on with Ai being so daring
I'm sure she is one open-minded girl, but Haruka and Kaoru seem rather frisky, too. Sae on the other hand, not so much.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:39   Link #63
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Implied sex was totally implied.

Only.
Old 2010-10-22, 22:18   Link #64
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I'm sure she is one open-minded girl, but Haruka and Kaoru seem rather frisky, too. Sae on the other hand, not so much.
Also know that Ai is the only one who kissed Junichi twice on the lips!
Old 2010-10-22, 23:08   Link #65
Gault
inc_mplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogamo View Post
I just couldn't get into this episode, no make that this arc. Something about Ai and the way the episodes played out just didn't sit well with me, so I'm rating this one the lowest so far.

Kaoru > Sae > Morishima > Ai
Agreed with ^

but Kaoru = Morishima > Sae > Ai
Old 2010-10-22, 23:17   Link #66
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogamo View Post
I just couldn't get into this episode, no make that this arc. Something about Ai and the way the episodes played out just didn't sit well with me, so I'm rating this one the lowest so far.

Kaoru > Sae > Morishima > Ai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
Agreed with ^

but Kaoru = Morishima > Sae > Ai
I'm just wondering why you guys put Ai as the bottom arc?
Old 2010-10-22, 23:49   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

First off, Haruka is awesome - no matter what.

Now then, great episode. Really did enjoy Ai's screen time. My only complaints with this arc is there wasn't really any romantic feeling development on Junichi's part. And they could have been more consistent with the tan lines as well. Yeah, that's another complaint...it's been one of those days, lol.
Old 2010-10-23, 07:29   Link #68
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Hm... some happened between the two frames ?
Old 2010-10-23, 07:32   Link #69
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I just hate Enterbrain for not including the part in this final episode where Junichi encounters Ai when they are still young wayback the first episode of Ai Nanasaki Arc. If only they have used it this arc may have go beyond Haruka's arc.

The redeeming factor here is they included a Yandere version of Ai Nanasaki which I truly love and Miya takes home Sae-chan.
Just so you know, Enterbrain isn't the one behind the anime. AIC is the one behind. Enterbrain is the one behind the game and manga only, so you should be blaming AIC, not Enterbrain ~ ~

By the way, the end scene was definitely great, and we get to see Ai bold as always. Unfortunately, i find the way it ended was a bit too abrupt, even though it was decent...

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2010-10-23, 07:36   Link #70
nogamo
D-DOZO!

Send a message via AIM to nogamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I'm just wondering why you guys put Ai as the bottom arc?
Well what I have to complain about may not be valid in your opinion, but I'll tell you anyway. I did not enjoy the straightforwardness of the encounter and the dialog in certain places. For instance, when Tachibana is found sneaking into the girls swim team practice he goes through this weird encounter with every other member of the team where he expresses his, well, fascination with Ai's chest (as an apology for earlier). I just couldn't take this arc seriously after that, because in my opinion this entire relationship relied on that fact alone: physical attraction. I'm not begging for drama, but I come to expect a degree of it in any romance series. Kaoru, in my opinion, was excellent in this category.

Another thing that bugged me--and this may just be Japanese culture--but despite being a couple, the younger partner always refers to the other as senpai. They didn't feel like a real couple because only one called by the other by their name, and I thought that if two are in love that maybe they would call each other's name like "Ai-chan" and "Junichi" instead of "Ai-chan" and "Senpai."

It's early so if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:18   Link #71
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Hm... some happened between the two frames ?
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of that...it pains me that I actually did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
By the way, the end scene was definitely great, and we get to see Ai bold as always. Unfortunately, i find the way it ended was a bit too abrupt, even though it was decent...
It may have been a little abrupt, but everything that we needed to be done, was. And we got a nice little epilogue where he called her Ai. I just wish she had dropped the "senpai" bit.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:35   Link #72
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I echo DJ Lowrider's sentiment that Ai, as a character, is far better than the arc she ended up with. Excepting Kaoru's arc, Junichi has been a tool in every one; since he forms the other half of each arc's leading cast, this basically condemns the arc to fail. It was--like Haruka's arc--mediocre, and that bothers me since I prefer Ai over Haruka in terms of character concept.

Ai's arc takes a moderately distanced second behind Kaoru's arc, is the tiniest cut above Haruka's arc, but thankfully is still miles ahead of Sae's abortion of an arc.
Old 2010-10-23, 13:19   Link #73
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Who won the Miss Santa contest? I dont recall that I have seen her before...
Old 2010-10-23, 15:04   Link #74
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ Rihoko's friend who I do not know the name of. Recall Kaoru arc episode with the kids and the tree climbing. She was in that episode.
Voiced by Matsuoka Yuki.
Old 2010-10-24, 03:56   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I hope people know that this is a thread to discuss the episode content, though everyone's thoughts on the arcs. There is a thread for that.
Old 2010-10-24, 04:37   Link #76
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

As Shiroth says, the recent posts discussing the various arcs were off topic, if we consider this is "episode 16 discussion thread". If you want to compare Ai's arc with the others, we have a specific thread:

Amagami SS - Arc Comparison/Discussion

The aforementioned posts have been moved there.
Old 2010-10-24, 17:47   Link #77
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Bit dissappointed, time could have been better spent imo. First half was alot of randomness to me
Old 2010-10-26, 23:08   Link #78
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
^ Rihoko's friend who I do not know the name of. Recall Kaoru arc episode with the kids and the tree climbing. She was in that episode.
Voiced by Matsuoka Yuki.
I had a feeling it was her. Well she looks splendid!=>
Old 2010-10-26, 23:10   Link #79
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Voiced by Matsuoka Yuki.
Kanae Itou is her name. You may know her as the voice of Amu in Shugo Char- and, wait, no, that's someone else.
Old 2010-10-27, 01:53   Link #80
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Also know that Ai is the only one who kissed Junichi twice on the lips!
Kaoru kissed Junichi a couple of times on the lips too you know?

Closed Thread