AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 13:44   Link #1861
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Lacus is really only famous in the PLANTs. By the time Shinn got to the PLANTs, Lacus was already branded as a traitor. You can't expect everybody to recognize Lacus.

That said, Shinn could've had a deja vu moment when he later saw Meer. Then again, not remembering every faces you've seen is not unusual.
and yet you have meer(lacus) giving concerts.. even during her missing years she was famous and loved, think about how athrun(he was branded as a traitor and yet look how he was treated)and lacus is a pop star . you do know who lacus clyne is right. she is a woman whose views can divide a military, think about the power this girl has(silly as that may be) . i just dont buy you statements lacus clyne is presented as a almost god-like person, the idea that shinn didnt notice her is ridiculous. she is not just any face to the ppl of the plants. i just dont see how she can be written up to such a level and then we are supposed to believe that hey shinn didnt notice her. come on.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:53   Link #1862
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
and yet you have meer(lacus) giving concerts.. even during her missing years she was famous and loved, think about how athrun was treated and lacus is a pop star with her face everywhere .
That's true only in PLANTs. Until two years ago, Shinn was in Orb.
Quote:
you do know who lacus clyne is right. she is a woman whose views can divide a military, think about the power this girl has(silly as that may be) . i just dont buy you statements lacus clyne is presented as a almost god-like person,
Her level of influence is irrelevant to whether anybody living outside of the PLANTs will recognize her face.
Quote:
the idea that shinn didnt notice her is ridiculous.
It's no more ridiculous than me not knowing the faces of the British royalty, for example.
Quote:
she is not just any face to the ppl of the plants.
No, but she is not the face that anyone must know either, certainly not someone who just moved there.
Quote:
i just dont see how she can be written up to such a level and then we are supposed to believe that hey shinn didnt notice her. come on.
Her relevance to the viewers does not necessarily reflect her relevance to other characters.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 15:57   Link #1863
23 gundam fan

Quote:
That's true only in PLANTs. Until two years ago, Shinn was in Orb. Her level of influence is irrelevant to whether anybody living outside of the PLANTs will recognize her face. It's no more ridiculous than me not knowing the faces of the British royalty, for example. No, but she is not the face that anyone must know either, certainly not someone who just moved there. Her relevance to the viewers does not necessarily reflect her relevance to other characters.
i get what you are saying on some of your points. but based on how lacus was written, i cant believe in the time shinn was living in the plants he did not see and hear her songs constantly. hell you couldnt drive down the streets and not see here face or hear someone playing her songs, and when the villian(creset) is saying he likes her songs well thats the final straw for me. i mean everyone is always going on about lacus in the plants. there is just no way shinn was in the dark here, i just dont buy it, and i truly think most of the fans out there can either. i mean when it comes to lacus fans, well it like meeting jesus to coordinators.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:27   Link #1864
monster

If you don't want to accept it, that's up to you, but you'll probably never get a satisfactory answer if that's the case.
Old 2012-07-22, 04:07   Link #1865
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I don't where to ask this, so I ask here: Where is the thread for episode 41 of Gundam Age?
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 08:34   Link #1866
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
There won't be one. The show was cancelled.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:25   Link #1867
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
There won't be one. The show was cancelled.
Not funny dude, not funny.
Old 2012-07-27, 14:59   Link #1868
JC...
I am a Pie

Not funny Deacon, you got my hopes up.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 17:20   Link #1869
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What's the name of the song that plays when Don Boyage gives his "This is war!" speech before ramming the Fa Bose?
Old 2012-08-02, 00:06   Link #1870
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What's the name of the song that plays when Don Boyage gives his "This is war!" speech before ramming the Fa Bose?
Should be "Kessen ni hi". It's track number 31 on the third OST.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:16   Link #1871
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Thanks, this looks to be it.
Old 2012-08-02, 07:08   Link #1872
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

You're welcome
Old 2012-08-02, 19:46   Link #1873
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Send a message via MSN to SoranGTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I think there's also a tendency to improve animation and such during the DVD releases, although I guess they improve stuff during the movie versions as well.

Besides, your paying money for something that you may have already bought previously (like the 50 episode series). Improvements in some animations and such might make it more attractive for some people, not to mention that the movies are shorter in length than the series, so less effort I guess.
In the case of GSD, the DVD also attempts to fix some of the batshit crazy stuff that happened in the 50 episodes
Nothing shall stand between me and my destiny.
Amen
SoranGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 01:08   Link #1874
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoranGTR View Post
In the case of GSD, the DVD also attempts to fix some of the batshit crazy stuff that happened in the 50 episodes
Can give examples?
Old 2012-08-03, 04:57   Link #1875
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Quote:
Can give examples?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...pecial_Edition

Many of the changes seem minor, but they all add together to make it into quite a different kind of tea.

The most glaring one is that the Destiny and Legend are now implied to be using the same type of nuclear reactor as SF and IJ, instead of running out of power like geriatrics
Amen
Old 2012-08-03, 05:04   Link #1876
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The most glaring one is that the Destiny and Legend are now implied to be using the same type of nuclear reactor as SF and IJ, instead of running out of power like geriatrics
They were always using H-DNRs even in the regular series. The "running out of power comment" was an oversight that got removed, like Mu's helmet. If I'm remembering my tech manuals right, the SF and IJ's reactors were based on the Destiny and Legend's.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:20   Link #1877
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
They were always using H-DNRs even in the regular series. The "running out of power comment" was an oversight that got removed, like Mu's helmet. If I'm remembering my tech manuals right, the SF and IJ's reactors were based on the Destiny and Legend's.
And those tech manuals came out after the special editions IIRC

So the fact that Destiny and Legend had the same unlimited spam HDNR nuclear reactors as SF and IJ is a retcon from the original where SF and IJ were using nukes with NJC (like Freedom and Justice) while Destiny and Legend were merely using updated versions of the batteries in the Impulse
Amen
Old 2012-08-03, 06:42   Link #1878
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
So the fact that Destiny and Legend had the same unlimited spam HDNR nuclear reactors as SF and IJ is a retcon from the original where SF and IJ were using nukes with NJC (like Freedom and Justice) while Destiny and Legend were merely using updated versions of the batteries in the Impulse
They can't have been using the same batteries as the Impulse. If they were, the Destiny would have just been recharged right then and there thanks to that deuterion beam. A battery wouldn't have been able to power the Destiny's wings even if it was an upgrade of the Impulse's. That and the Legend being an upgrade of the Providence tells me they were using the same reactor as the Providence at the very least. Even if they were retconned into have H-DNRs, the Destiny and Legend always had a nuclear reactor.
Old 2012-08-03, 13:56   Link #1879
monster

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...pecial_Edition

Many of the changes seem minor, but they all add together to make it into quite a different kind of tea.
I agree, but I wouldn't say they were fixing "some of the batshit crazy stuff," as you put it. Most changes are simply visual improvements or changes that aren't really important to make. Also, it is likely that the condensed format has a factor in some of the changes.
Quote:
While the original scene might imply that Destiny was not using a nuclear reactor, one explanation is that Destiny simply used more power than the nuclear reactor could resupply at that time. What was shown diminishing could be the power stored in some storage.

As such, this is again one of those examples where they didn't need to make the change or they simply cut it for the purpose of time. Remember, just because something is not in the SE does not automatically mean it's no longer official.
Old 2012-08-03, 14:08   Link #1880
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

This is the first time I've heard of the Destiny and Legend being retconned into having the SF and IJ's reactors. I've always heard the SF and IJ having nuclear reactors and then being retconned into having the same kind of Hyper-Deuterion reactor that the Destiny and Legend are powered by.