AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-08, 08:32   Link #1341
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Fans have noticed that in the last two weeks, the episodes broadcast in Fukuoka and Hokkaido were hilariously incomplete compared to the MBS and TokyoMX versions. Even though they have to wait 2 extra days for it to air, it's an inferior version.

See the comparisons here:
Ep4: http://nicoviewer.net/sm20766154
Ep5: http://nicoviewer.net/sm20807007

Today the Production Committee has made a formal statement apologizing for the state of these broadcasts: http://shingeki.tv/news/archives/167

They state that the problems were caused by both the production as well as the delivery deadlines for those two stations. They apologized to all fans who are supporting the show, and say that the production team and the staff will redouble their efforts from now on.

---

Looks like the production problems on the show at Wit Studio are far worse than expected. If a slightly earlier delivery deadline for those two stations can cause such a drastic difference in the episodes, I fear that within a few weeks even the main broadcast stations will encounter serious issues. It doesn't matter how many more animators they hire, if they're so rushed that they're down to the wire, it's going to be a bad situation for the rest of the season. Maybe they can do 4 recap episodes in a row sometime soon. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 08:51   Link #1342
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Maybe they can do 4 recap episodes in a row sometime soon. :P
that will just kill the BD/DVD sales, which are doing really really good atm
Old 2013-05-08, 09:15   Link #1343
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wow... they really work up to the last minute for this anime.

What if one their key animators gets sick?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 09:54   Link #1344
Iron Maw
Banned

Well, that's just wonderful news. =/

Maybe this show might have been little too much for them (the studio is fairly new), regardless I really hope they get back on track.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-08 at 10:06.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 15:15   Link #1345
Helius

Now we know why they've been frantically recruiting animators, even through twitter of all places.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 07:14   Link #1346
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...o-game-planned

now we have games + social games announced

talk about milking MONEY!
Old 2013-05-09, 10:06   Link #1347
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...april-28-may-4

The anime is doing a good job boosting the manga sales.
Old 2013-05-09, 13:49   Link #1348
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Well hopefully to see more merchandises coming out from this amazing series!

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 21:51   Link #1349
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...o-game-planned

now we have games + social games announced

talk about milking MONEY!
Shadow of Colossus+Monster Hunter.

Fund it.
Old 2013-05-12, 20:02   Link #1350
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
If there’s one thing I have to criticize this show on…well not the show particularly, is the fanbase and what its becoming. Ok, I’m not saying all of them are bad, its just that a great amount of the fanbase (which is hard to tell on Animesuki because we’re all level-headed people) is a bunch of spoiled idiots. Ok, to clarify, on a whole bunch of other websites, the moment the RAW was uploaded saturday morning came the onslaught of complaints about why there isn’t a sub when in actuality the sub doesn’t come out until Saturday night, they had like 8 hours of waiting time and yet they were too spoiled to continue asking. Plus, a lot of people actually thought this episode was filler and was pissed, like seriously, I have a feeling none of them bothered to look at the manga and assumed this was an all action show. Hell, they don’t even realize the anime is basically word-for-word from the original material, if anything, better considering the anime does better transitions…its to the point where a lot of the fans are acting even worse than how they acted while SAO was around.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:14   Link #1351
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

so basically you were saying it was SnK's (or SAO) fault that "some people on the internet" is dumb/retarded/noobs* and if there was no SnK or SAO around, those people is actually "smart/civil/level-headed/etc"

*noobs in their general knowledge about anime, release, fansub, etc
Old 2013-05-12, 22:48   Link #1352
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
If there’s one thing I have to criticize this show on…well not the show particularly, is the fanbase and what its becoming. Ok, I’m not saying all of them are bad, its just that a great amount of the fanbase (which is hard to tell on Animesuki because we’re all level-headed people) is a bunch of spoiled idiots. Ok, to clarify, on a whole bunch of other websites, the moment the RAW was uploaded saturday morning came the onslaught of complaints about why there isn’t a sub when in actuality the sub doesn’t come out until Saturday night, they had like 8 hours of waiting time and yet they were too spoiled to continue asking. Plus, a lot of people actually thought this episode was filler and was pissed, like seriously, I have a feeling none of them bothered to look at the manga and assumed this was an all action show. Hell, they don’t even realize the anime is basically word-for-word from the original material, if anything, better considering the anime does better transitions…its to the point where a lot of the fans are acting even worse than how they acted while SAO was around.
Its pretty normal to see immature fanbase from every popular animes....
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:57   Link #1353
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...april-28-may-4

The anime is doing a good job boosting the manga sales.
The anime has been a massive hit so far, it's currently predicted that SnK vol 1 will sell between 50-75k copies.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:01   Link #1354
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
so basically you were saying it was SnK's (or SAO) fault that "some people on the internet" is dumb/retarded/noobs* and if there was no SnK or SAO around, those people is actually "smart/civil/level-headed/etc"

Yeah, this pretty pointless rant. This happens to anything that's popular.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:29   Link #1355
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:

Saying SnK = SAO in popularity is absurdly moronic, yes. Do SnK make people "dumb/rabid/unreasonable" like "how SAO did"? No. Both are maybe popular, but in their unique different ways. So I advise that guy please don't jump into a baseless conclusion like that.

PS: BTW, was there a same trend like this happened when Madoka Magica was so popular in 2011?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 05:14   Link #1356
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
This show is amazing and amazingly brutal. It's just a chunk of distilled awesome filled with win shining through a seemingly-endless sea of moeshit.

Hope the studio solves their talent crisis and soon.
Old 2013-05-13, 08:35   Link #1357
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This show is amazing and amazingly brutal. It's just a chunk of distilled awesome filled with win shining through a seemingly-endless sea of moeshit.
You should have seen it without the super heavy censorship they are putting on it.
I hope they remove the censorship in the Blue-ray but I'm not holding my breath.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 17:28   Link #1358
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Not sure about that. It's already brutal enough to be effective; any more and it'll just slip into Gorn territory. As someone who enjoys 80s horror flicks for the lulz, too much blood-and-guts can get unintentionally hilarious.
Old 2013-05-13, 18:46   Link #1359
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I personally liked the way they censor it. Sure, the impact isn't as brutal as in the manga, but it is rather subtle than really a flat out beam of light/darkness over the wounds.
Frankly, I believe it leave more sense of horror for those who didn't read the manga, because the decrepency with Franz body would hit home only with Armin reactions, to which would put their imagination tingled.

I personally think an implied gore scene is more effective than a flat out image at times, because imagination can really work wonder, leaving a unsettling impression along the way.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:12   Link #1360
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yes, the Gory Discretion Shot, when used well, can have more impact than showing the blood and guts in all their gory glory.

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence