AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-13, 14:20   Link #21
marvelB

Robin may have had the second-highest bounty before the EL incident, but she wasn't exactly considered to be part of the "monster trio", regardless. Personally, I always saw her as one of the crew's mid-tier fighters through and through (along with Franky and Brooke).

And I already explained several times why Jinbei joining wouldn't work (which I won't get into here). And frankly, I see no reason why he couldn't just remain a powerful ally of the crew like Rayleigh, Hancock, and Whitebeard's crew, anyhow....
Old 2011-09-13, 14:22   Link #22
Homura7

^I've always said no Shichibukai be current or former will ever join the crew, and I keep my word.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:25   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
jinbe will never be a part of the SH....he will remain at fishman island as a guardian or a big boss...
Yeah because he's a highly wanted man who isn't allowed to stay on Fishman Island.

......Er.

Him staying on the island won't protect it, it'd do just the opposite.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:27   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah because he's a highly wanted man who isn't allowed to stay on Fishman Island.

......Er.

Him staying on the island won't protect it, it'd do just the opposite.

Not if he guards it from behind the shadows though, no?
Old 2011-09-13, 14:28   Link #25
Homura7

Once this ends, Jinbe will leave with his gang and Hachi who is also a former member of the Sun Pirates and a wanted man, or... what marvel says.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:30   Link #26
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Huh, wasn't expecting a new chapter till tomorrow. This is nice.~

For some reason I get the feeling Hody actually made Decken decapitate himself. Since that's rather gruesome for an all-ages shounen manga, it'd explain the rather zoomed-out approach of the panels. Guess Oda's not afraid to kill off even more characters after Ace died now.

I liked Luffy's snake shot attack and how his fingers pierced into Hody like snake fangs.~ Not enough to draw blood but I bet if he did the attack on land he might have had a strong enough grip to do so.

I wasn't expecting Sanji's match-up, teaming up with Jinbei to take down a giant.

It's pretty sad that practically ALL of the New Fishman Pirates need to be so heavily dosed on performance-enhancing narcotics in order to even stand a chance against the Strawhats.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:35   Link #27
Homura7

^Again, you didn't understand. It isn't just strenght and such why marvel thinks Jinbe won't join. There are several reasons, and strenght is the last of these.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:44   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yay! warming up battle before entering new World for the crews.... it will be an easy win for the crew although Luffy maybe got trouble fighting underwater against Hody
Old 2011-09-13, 14:46   Link #29
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by posutan View Post
I'm sorry but I stopped paying attention to you since post #23. You keep talking about "dynamics" and whatnot but you never explain yourself. In fact, all you did is use names like "Marbel and james" to back yourself up, as if doing that will increase the credibility of your argument.

Let me illustrate what you did. For example, let's say you think that "The sky is green" but you do not explain why you think that way. Instead, your only support is, "because John Doe told me so."
I would like to post these reasons, but like I said, marvel would do a better job than me in explaining you.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:57   Link #30
marvelB

Ugh, I really didn't feel like explaining it again but..... to make it short, I really don't see a "mentor" like Jinbei joining a crew of rookies. Like, why bother inviting someone who's already "seen it all"? If Jinbei joins, then the last member may as well be Rayleigh.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:29   Link #31
Blackbeard D. Kuma

We don't even know if Jimbei has thoroughly navigated the New World in the past. It's presumptuous to believe that he did, and thus label him a "mentor" figure in that aspect. In any case, it's reasonable for some people to feel he's a strong candidate for joining the crew. He's got a lot going for him, quite frankly.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:31   Link #32
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Just because Jinbei is mentor character, if you will, does not mean he's seen it all. As far as we know, he has not seen the One Piece yet, nor do we know anything about what places he's been to already.

However, I do agree that it's rather unlikely for him to permanently join the crew. That's mostly because, well to put it pluntly, he doesn't have a dream. Sure, he wants fishmen to be treated equally, but every fish- and merman wants that. Plus, how could he chase this goal by joining Luffy & co. The only way I see it happening is if the Fismen will somehow be a respected race (at least officially) by the end of this arc already, so Jinbei can continue keeping the promise he gave to Ace, which is protecting Luffy. Although I really don't think that promise was originally meant to be held up until after the time skip.

Having said that, I too, would really love to see Jinbei join the Strawhats, especially because he'd be a 'threat' to the monster trio. It's just not likely to happen in my opinion, though. Shirahoshi would be a more obvious choice, but also a much much lamer one.^^ Well, maybe there won't be anyone joining this arc at all.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:51   Link #33
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I see him as a laid back-- as you call it-- mid-tier fighter, like Franky and Robin. The reason why Jinbei is such a feasible member is his underwater abilities.
How is he a mid tier fighter when hes as powerful as Luffy and probably more powerful than Sanji and Zoro?

Robin wasn't more powerful than the 'monster trio' when he joined.

Moreover, he is a boring character with no dream to speak of (at least none that could be accomplished by conquering the Grand Line).

Stop coming up with ridiculous theories.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:04   Link #34
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I agree, why do people instantly assume Jinbe's seen it and done it all? I don't see him as a "mentor" at all.
Think about it, the fishman pirates terrorized the sea, but it was never stated where they sailed as far as I know so they could have gone around Paradise, the New World or just in the area close to Fishman Island. To be honest the crew never looked strong enough to face the New World, Arlong was considered strong compared to most of the crew yet he was a Blue level opponent to Luffy.

For all we know Jinbe could only know the area around Fishman island and Shabondy. On that note Robin was said to have worked to various people all over the Grandline...Robin could have known more about Paradise than Jinbe knows about the New World.

Jinbe also seems to be around Luffy's level, which is around Zoro and Sanji's level so Monster Trio turns into Demon Quartet
No but really, what's the problem with having another strong player in the crew?
Old 2011-09-13, 17:14   Link #35
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Jimbei can be the same. Just because he is ridiculously strong does NOT mean he has to lift a finger. He can sit back and let Luffy, Sanji and Zoro deal with it.
Lmao.

The theme of this manga is about giving it all for your dreams.

Sitting back and chilling whilst your nakama are putting their lives on the line is not something that will happen in the Strawhats crew.

Actually, now I'm not even sure if you're being serious...

Quote:
Just because Oda hasn't talked about Jimbei's dreams does NOT mean that he has no dreams.
Jimbei wants to achieve peace between Humans and merpeople (i.e. achieving Otohime's dream).

I don't see how conquering the Grand Line would enable him to accomplish this.

Please just stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:18   Link #36
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
No but really, what's the problem with having another strong player in the crew?
It is not impossible for him to join but it is improbable.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:27   Link #37
Homura7

http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16896...ff7e3dde55.jpg

Subtle way for Oda to tell the readers, "These are the 8 that will never join the crew".

Anyway, who thinks Vander Decken is gonna give Hody payback and throw the Noah at him?
Old 2011-09-13, 17:27   Link #38
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I definitely consider Jinbei a top-tier fighter.

As for him joining... Although I think he could fit in with the Strawhats just fine, there are some possible problems that seem to contradict it.

- Higher bounty than Luffy
- Lacking a painful past on par with other members
- Lacking a dream to pursue into the new world
- Having a boss/gangleader profile

Ofcourse, this is subject to change. Also, there's also no reason for this profile to apply to every new crewmember. And there are counterarguments for these points:

- Luffy's bounty is sure to surpass Jinbei's at some point
- Perhaps we've simply not seen enough of Jinbei's past yet
- We may simply not know about his dreams yet
- Franky was that type too, and that didn't prevent him from joining either

In the end, it's all up to Oda. I could see it going either way. Jinbei would definitely be a huge asset to the crew, having a huge advantage in the water as a fishman and being a powerful one at that.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:41   Link #39
Homura7

Technically Jinbe really joined Luffy, temporarily, but he joined him as the cover features. I don't want to jump to assumptions, but none of the other 7 will ever join, so...

Now seriously, between shark whales and sea kings, I choose sea kings, particularly one that was seen first in the Florian Triangle.
Old 2011-09-13, 17:42   Link #40
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16896...ff7e3dde55.jpg

Subtle way for Oda to tell the readers, "These are the 8 that will never join the crew".
OR!!!! I don't know...maybe Oda just wanted to make a cool color spread using the major players in the ID break-out...while the break out was in progress...
Of course my feeble peasant mind cannot comprehend the subtle messages that you so easily can >_>
Really now...I hope you were joking with that post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I definitely consider Jinbei a top-tier fighter.

As for him joining... Although I think he could fit in with the Strawhats just fine, there are some possible problems that seem to contradict it.

- Higher bounty than Luffy
- Lacking a painful past on par with other members
- Lacking a dream to pursue into the new world
- Having a boss/gangleader profile

Ofcourse, this is subject to change. Also, there's also no reason for this profile to apply to every new crewmember. And there are counterarguments for these points:

- Luffy's bounty is sure to surpass Jinbei's at some point
- Perhaps we've simply not seen enough of Jinbei's past yet
- We may simply not know about his dreams yet
- Franky was that type too, and that didn't prevent him from joining either

In the end, it's all up to Oda. I could see it going either way. Jinbei would definitely be a huge asset to the crew, having a huge advantage in the water as a fishman and being a powerful one at that.
Trax, you have my respect. This is the kind of posts I like to see, ones that show both sides instead of ranting on and on about a single one.
(I know...I'm not a saint either...)
Closed Thread