AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-24, 11:15   Link #1
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Akiko's jam had became an in-joke among Key fans over the years. The jam ingredients were never mentioned in the game, leading to some really wild speculations:

Spoiler for "Normal" level speculation:

Spoiler for "Weird" level speculation:

Spoiler for "Freaky" level speculation:

My idea is to create a thread for fellow members to post either their own speculations or the various amazing/ridiculous speculations found on the internet. Have fun...

Last edited by nani; 2006-10-28 at 11:14. Reason: Revise the content to give a proper introduction
Old 2006-10-25, 16:01   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I think this might work. You should still be able to edit the first post, nani, if you want to change the "intro" a bit. If not, let me know. Also let me know if you want a different thread title. I just went with my gut.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-25, 16:13   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Ah the memories of Kanon RPG. Akiko's Jam was one of her special moves which caused serious damage to the enemy...
Old 2006-10-25, 16:19   Link #4
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Spoiler for Ingredient #1:
D:

Going by the color alone (that's all we have, since we can't smell or taste it ), it could be made from ginger, natto, wasabi, or even all three.
Old 2006-10-25, 16:37   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its the *special* ingredients that only Akiko herself having access to that has everyone nervous No matter which way your brain goes, it leads to very uncomfortable territory...
Old 2006-10-25, 16:49   Link #6
New/Old
Old to the New

Who knows. The only thing about it that is known is that it is orange. Not helpful at all. Heh heh.
Old 2006-10-25, 18:10   Link #7
Wrath88
Kissing...

Not just the colour. The funny shifting effects when Yuuichi ate it could mean that it makes the eater hallucinate. Probably some kind of mushroom inside it as well.

It looked like the thing was glowing, so radioactivity can't be discounted.
Old 2006-10-25, 19:34   Link #8
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

I think the wavy appearance may be a specific embellishment on KyoAni's part. I do not remember it doing that in K2002.
Old 2006-10-25, 21:50   Link #9
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quick! Put a lead jacket around that jar~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Not just the colour. The funny shifting effects when Yuuichi ate it could mean that it makes the eater hallucinate. Probably some kind of mushroom inside it as well.

It looked like the thing was glowing, so radioactivity can't be discounted.
Just as long as it doesn't get to whatever its critical mass is, everyone in the house, not to mention the house itself, will be okay. Last thing they need is fissionable jam!

I'm just surprised Yuuichi hasn't whipped out a geiger counter yet or some other measurement intrumentation to measure (potentially) hazardous effects or called HazMat.

--Ian.
Old 2006-10-25, 21:58   Link #10
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
I think the wavy appearance may be a specific embellishment on KyoAni's part. I do not remember it doing that in K2002.
That's because I'm pretty sure there was no jam in 2002.
Old 2006-10-25, 21:59   Link #11
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Knowing that Akiko called Makoto a "ingredient", the jam could be made from... lets say... humans.
Joke :P
Old 2006-10-25, 23:21   Link #12
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
Knowing that Akiko called Makoto a "ingredient", the jam could be made from... lets say... humans.
Ahhhhh, the Soylent Green angle, eh. Hmmmm...humans made into jam in an anime with a bunch of cute girls....I'm not so sure it just isn't really crappy tasting jam (simple as that). Every great Chef has their one "food/dish" that they think is awesome, but in reality...it blows chunks.
Old 2006-10-25, 23:34   Link #13
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
I am disappointed that some of you equates the lovely, elegant Akiko to a murderer...I was the one who killed Mr Minase, and I shall prove that the delicious jam is delicious and fit for human consumption and Yuiichi knows nothing about appreciating good jam. * Chugs down jam...*.........*Dies*

Jokes aside I think the jam is Kanon equiavalent of Space Cake...Yuiichi's vision blurs/hazy after a small dosage...Look, even Akiko seems to forever on 'high' state always inhumanely cheerful and smiling, she could even clear the snow piled up outside her house in record impossible time. I think since she has been consuming it for the longest time, she is able of coherent and logical thinking..Wow...Just wow...No offence but I consider myself one of her biggest fans.

Still I think the jam is pretty much an acquired taste.

Please feel free to refute my claims...Oh yea Nani I love your Ayu avatar, got any more of similar quality for other lead characters?
Old 2006-10-25, 23:35   Link #14
Skane
Anime Snark

The one clue we have is that it is not sweet.

My take on it?

Durian + Ginger + Garlic

With a dash of lemon.

I dare anybody to try the above combination and not spaz from it.

Old 2006-10-26, 00:07   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

ick. From what I've heard of durian, that's really the only ingredient required to get the effect we've seen. The garlic is just overkill. (And ginger is delicious, but nothing could save garlicky durian.) Of course some people do love durian fruit, but then again Akiko loves her jam.

I'd vote for it being simply, Durian Jam.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-26, 00:31   Link #16
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I love durians. Be it the fruit alone, or durian cream puffs, or durain cakes, or durian ice cream.
But come to think of it, despite the popularity of the fruit in these regions and the seemingly endless ways to cook it (durian fried rice, anyone?), I have yet to see durain jam being sold in stores here.

Oh wait, durain jam does exist! But it seems to be only 1 company making it.
Maybe the taste is a tad too unique for even durain lovers? :x

http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Rim-Go.../dp/B000249FYG
Spoiler:

"Ingredient? Hi~ Mi~ Tsu~!"

Old 2006-10-26, 00:37   Link #17
Skane
Anime Snark

I love durian too, but the reason why I added durian into the mix is because it has a very strong taste, and when you combine that strong taste with the equally strong ginger and garlic, the taste of the three parts will compete for attention in your tastebuds, leading to information overload and a general clobbering of your senses.
Old 2006-10-26, 00:41   Link #18
Minoto

I'm thinking it's got to have at least some natto in it, because of the way it stretched when Akiko spread it on the toast...your normal jams and preserves just thin out when spread with a knife, but her jam looked like it had a stretchy / stringy quality to it. Natto would account for that, as well as for it being an acquired taste. Beyond that, though, it's a mystery to me...and I hope it always stays that way.
Old 2006-10-26, 12:55   Link #19
Lost

Add wasabi to the list of ingredients? I love Durian too, but theres only so much of it I can take in one seating
Old 2006-10-26, 21:58   Link #20
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

Akiko's Opensource Jam Recipe
---------------------------------------
cheese(lubricant+colour) + banana(sweetness+colour) + jack fruit(queer scent) + tabasco(holy shit).

A.S.K. License & agreement
----------------------------------
By agreeing, you are granted non-exclusive rights to use the recipe for personal consumption. Any modification made to the recipe must be disclosed to the public. Commercial usage is prohibited. The owner will not be responsible for any harm cause to you and your miserable digestive system.

(0) I agree.
( ) I do not agree.

Now you have the recipe to kill yourself without knowing it. Don't thank me for the secret recipe.

Last edited by sleeplessNites; 2006-10-26 at 22:18.
Closed Thread