AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 08:17   Link #8481
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I feel I understand exactly what Hayate felt when Nagi passed on the manga to him, because it's got to be what I felt after reading c342.

That's it? The celebratory chapter after 7 years of serialization?

Somehow I seriously feel despair increasingly gnawing at my bone. What the hell has happened to this show, which i so loved and whose chapters I eagerly anticipated raw? At the moment I'm almost worried to open the scanlations, because the chance it high that it's merely going to lead to another disappointment.

Part of me wants some editor to face Hata and to ask him "For real now. Are you satisfied with your latest chapters? What do you think how satisfied your fans are?"
Wait, what? Just to be clear, Nagi's manga isn't the celebratory chapter. Luka's manga is.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:29   Link #8482
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wait, what? Just to be clear, Nagi's manga isn't the celebratory chapter. Luka's manga is.
Nope. The "This is Hayate no Gotoku's 7 Year Anniversary Chapter" note was written on top of Nagi's chapter, not Luka's manga.

Not that it really matters much though ^_^; ... maybe it's just that I find it exceptionally hard to get excited over this manga contest, particularly since we had it all before already. So I'm hoping that we'll be able to reach the main storyline when Athena is "recharged" soon. Or any other continuous sub-arc which has more to offer than Nagi's latent unwillingness to adjust her grand plans to what she really CAN accomplish.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:50   Link #8483
Used Can

To be honest, I'd really like them to finally start telling us what happened with Ikusa. Who is Himegami? What secrets the Royal Garden holds exactly and how is Yukariko related to it? How is Maria related to Athena (or why did she see her in that memory device)? Will Maria ever stop being a gag-character? What happened with Yozora and the whole 28th thing and how is Luca related to it?

There are so many plot points scattered everywhere yet Hata is still continuing this whole mangaka deal which is filled with side-characters chapters. Personally, I think it should have ended with Nagi losing, but realising she doesn't need to be a pro to keep drawing the stories she likes, nor does she have to sell them.

Oh well, hopefully something good will come out of this. It'll probably will.
Old 2011-10-25, 00:35   Link #8484
Shadow5YA

If I recall correctly, there is still at least two months left according to Hina in her shoulder message chapter.
Old 2011-10-26, 03:54   Link #8485
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
To be honest, I'd really like them to finally start telling us what happened with Ikusa. Who is Himegami? What secrets the Royal Garden holds exactly and how is Yukariko related to it? How is Maria related to Athena (or why did she see her in that memory device)? Will Maria ever stop being a gag-character? What happened with Yozora and the whole 28th thing and how is Luca related to it?
Who is Ikusa?

I think in last few chapters we are introduced to 2 more new characters. They feels like two new pokemons.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 05:43   Link #8486
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Ikusa is Hayate's brother.
Old 2011-11-01, 23:32   Link #8487
HasuMasu
*Artist

I like the new character they introduced, though shame I can't remember her name.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:52   Link #8488
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone else take it as sign that the Mangaka is running out of ideas when new character keep getting introduce when there is already a huge cast?
Old 2011-11-03, 17:38   Link #8489
Mentar
Banned

She's obviously needed to bring this Nagi-centric trillion-sales manga arc to a positive conclusion.

Like I wrote before, I'd really love to know if anybody feels that this arc just REMOTELY reaches the quality of earlier arcs. Especially the author. To me, it is a total disaster, especially since we're about to do it all once more (next Comiket). Meh.

And what frustrates me most is that there isn't even growth and gradual maturing of Nagi, while I'm at the same time convinced that this is supposed to be the overall goal. Maturing would have been to recognize that a trillion-sale is completely impossible to aim for. Not to acknowledge an earlier failure and trying again.

Maybe I should simply sit out the next 3 months. By then, the current disaster might be over.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 19:26   Link #8490
AnimeFangirl

I've been "sitting it out" since June and relying on this forum's updates, so 3 months might not be long enough, Mentar.
Old 2011-11-04, 07:48   Link #8491
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone else take it as sign that the Mangaka is running out of ideas when new character keep getting introduce when there is already a huge cast?
It seems to be a current trend. A good amount of harem shows go on like this, starting with Negima, to To aru Majutsu no Index, Infinite Stratos and other harems out there.

It'd seem more like a marketing tacting, so that otakus can have more waifus to add to their collection.
And well, whilst in terms of volume I don't like it, I cannot deny I loved Athena and I currently like Luca. Though, sadly, characters like Sakuya and Isumi have taken a back-seat.

Quote:
Maturing would have been to recognize that a trillion-sale is completely impossible to aim for.
Well, this is a shōnen manga. They always have thematics like these, like doing what would seem impossible and stuff like that.
Old 2011-11-09, 04:18   Link #8492
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chappy:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 09:01   Link #8493
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Meh, sounds like typical prep talk to me. Dramatic, wise-sounding words, no real advice. Hinagiku was better; Bakuman was waaaay better.

And I need to stop reading this, as it's kind of boring right now. New character doesn't interest me in the least.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 09:31   Link #8494
Used Can

And then Nagi became the Yamakan of manga.
Old 2011-11-09, 09:34   Link #8495
Shadow5YA

Quote:
She's obviously needed to bring this Nagi-centric trillion-sales manga arc to a positive conclusion.

Like I wrote before, I'd really love to know if anybody feels that this arc just REMOTELY reaches the quality of earlier arcs. Especially the author. To me, it is a total disaster, especially since we're about to do it all once more (next Comiket). Meh.

And what frustrates me most is that there isn't even growth and gradual maturing of Nagi, while I'm at the same time convinced that this is supposed to be the overall goal. Maturing would have been to recognize that a trillion-sale is completely impossible to aim for. Not to acknowledge an earlier failure and trying again.

Maybe I should simply sit out the next 3 months. By then, the current disaster might be over.
I actually don't recall any arc being that amazing except for the Athena arc and maybe Hina's birthday.
Old 2011-11-09, 12:15   Link #8496
AnimeFangirl

Hands up anyone who *really* cares about this Nagi mangaka arc.
Old 2011-11-09, 13:40   Link #8497
Sol Falling

:P The thing is, I actually do. The economic and creative ideas behind creating a gigantic megahit are interesting to me for personal reasons, and I think the impossibility of the "Trillion-seller" target brings up many thematic connections to the concept of the "Power of Kings". This most recent chapter in particular, I see many hints towards that in Kayura's words. Nagi's family by heritage has an inherent disposition towards the sensibilities of the "Power of Kings", so, however lost she may be now, all of the struggles she is currently undergoing I see as laying down a foundation for major developments in the theme of this story.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 15:13   Link #8498
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P The thing is, I actually do. The economic and creative ideas behind creating a gigantic megahit are interesting to me for personal reasons,
go read bakuman if you are interested in the professional aspect of the Manga industry. Or if you want to read about the doujin circles, read Genshikin and Comic Party.

Someone PM when the nagi wants mangaka arc is over,
Old 2011-11-09, 15:28   Link #8499
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Hands up anyone who *really* cares about this Nagi mangaka arc.
I don't care less than for any other arc. And I must admit, I've missed her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for new chappy:
No, it really isn't. Before thinking outside the box and bringing about a revolution, you should really master the box.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 16:04   Link #8500
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
go read bakuman if you are interested in the professional aspect of the Manga industry. Or if you want to read about the doujin circles, read Genshikin and Comic Party.

Someone PM when the nagi wants mangaka arc is over,
I do read Bakuman. And I do engage in the creative and commercial elements that are brought up there. But I'm not interested in just manga specifically, and Nagi's "trillion-seller" ambitions are closer to the scale I'm thinking about when I refer to "gigantic megahits".
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen