Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-06, 20:14   Link #101
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Who are your two strong aliens using Dragon power. The only one that fits the description is the Director. Unless you think that Nebula is also using the same? <snip>

They are invading another planet trying to take away Dragon Power form those have it. To do that they would have to be using the same or an equivalent power to be fighting those with Dragon power imo.
Old 2018-08-07, 10:29   Link #102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well yeah but I see no reason to believe that they use the dragon's power for that. Seems to me that's their own inherent power.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 10:51   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Their transformations are exactly the same (blue crystals forming an animal themed armor) so it's not far fetched to think they're using the same power.
Old 2018-08-07, 12:19   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That would make Sensei and the maid extreme hypocrites. It's not implausible but i'd consider it very unlikely considering they've been the most reliable moral compass. It's also complete conjecture at this point. I don't know why Orion can't just admit he cocked up.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 14:08   Link #105
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Maybe it's something along the lines of "necessary evil", or the Mascot People are the one race that was able to achieve "Evolution of Love" while also managing a partial or controllable version of the "Evolution of Power", so they have the Dragon-like abilities but can control it. They did, after all, say that they were the only members of Nebula with any kind of military capability, which suggests that Love is generally difficult to balance against Power. Could even be that they're all Power but choose to fight for Love.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 03:56   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So out of all the dozens of possible explanations for the blue crystals appearing on both sides being the only similarity between them (and maybe animal themes, just to pre empt people bringing that up), "it has to all be the dragon" is the only one that's plausible?

You know, instead of, you know, materializing armor out of nowhere using the same physics phenomenon? You know, instead of being "the same", it's just "similar, but different"? Occam's Razor and all that?

...Not that you can't think what you want. I just don't have enough reason to believe that their powers come from the same source since nobody made any mention of it.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-08-08 at 05:46.
Old 2018-08-08, 06:01   Link #107
moridin84
Custom User Title

The power might not be "evil", they just can't trust humans with it.

Like you might take a knife away from a child because it is dangerous and then use it yourself. Are you a hypocrite?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 06:29   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Depends if the child is in fact an adult that you've arbitrarily decided is a child.
Old 2018-08-08, 07:07   Link #109
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Depends if the child is in fact an adult that you've arbitrarily decided is a child.
No, it doesn't.

In regards to hypocrisy, what they believe is important. Not what you believe.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 12:03   Link #110
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If you decide someone else is a child but don't apply the same standards to yourself, then that is indeed hypocrisy.
Old 2018-08-08, 12:22   Link #111
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The superior lifeform has the rights to decide

Just like Cattles to Human
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 16:30   Link #112
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

But like, it appears to be just a member of the Nebula race that transforms itself into an armor for someone else to pilot. To me that's extremely different to how the dragon's power works. Not to mention they have this "doping" thing, and they don't appear to have that berserk switch. The aesthetics of the armor itself as well as the cockpit is also different.
Old 2018-08-09, 09:39   Link #113
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So out of all the dozens of possible explanations for the blue crystals appearing on both sides being the only similarity between them (and maybe animal themes, just to pre empt people bringing that up), "it has to all be the dragon" is the only one that's plausible?

You know, instead of, you know, materializing armor out of nowhere using the same physics phenomenon? You know, instead of being "the same", it's just "similar, but different"? Occam's Razor and all that?

...Not that you can't think what you want. I just don't have enough reason to believe that their powers come from the same source since nobody made any mention of it.
You do realize what Ockham's Razor is right? It says that if all probabilities are equal between hypotheses, the one that involves the fewest assumptions or factors is most likely. In other words, it would suggest that the most likely explanation is indeed that the two both come from the Dragon, as this does not require the participation or existence of some currently-unknown second force.

But in any case we already know the mascot race is different from the rest of Nebula. They specifically stated before that they're the only ones with military might.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 14:19   Link #114
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The one with the fewest assumptions is that both transformation methods utilize the same phenomenon though.... I'm not sure what you mean by "a currently unknown second force". It's Nebula, they're not unknown. It literally only assumes the one thing. Saying it comes from the dragon you have to assume that they took the little bottles and somehow integrated them into their bodies, and somehow altered the aesthetics of the armor that comes out, and somehow manage to remove the berserk switch. And somehow made it so that they cannot pilot the armors themselves and need another person to pilot it. They took a straightforward power and made it incredibly convoluted.

Not saying it's not possible, but it most certainly requires more assumptions.

Well, at least from the perspective I'm looking at it. Maybe you're seeing things from a different perspective, but you're going to have to elaborate and explain in detail.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-08-09 at 14:32.
Old 2018-08-09, 17:32   Link #115
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The power might not be "evil", they just can't trust humans with it.

Like you might take a knife away from a child because it is dangerous and then use it yourself. Are you a hypocrite?
Except that I don't feel they ever specifically say humans aren't to be trusted with it. It seems to me their entire philosophy is that NOONE who is not on the "path of love" should be allowed in the Galaxy. Especially if they get their hands on Dragon Power.

The way I read things they would have clamped down on Humanity dragon or no power, if they judged that we simply can't be brought onto the Love path.
The current crisis just adds a time limit to the entire thing.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 11:36   Link #116
MCAL

I have absolutely no idea what's supposed to happen next.....

As to the episode itself, except for that bit of incredibly awkward exposition by Generalissimo in the beginning, it was another great one. Steel Clog Punch!!
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 12:32   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the Dragon was part of Nebula's forces, and apparently the most powerful being among them given the number of mascots and psychics that was required to kill him. Takashi was its reincarnation, so events on Sirius must have happened quite some time ago. I'm expecting some massive twist next week regarding that, like those events having happened millions of years ago and Earthlings being the descendants of Siriusians who fled from their planet's destruction.

The MC's quest for revenge is over, and yet we're only half way through the show. I guess they're going to fight the sealing faction next, but I'm not sure they even need to intervene since power was taken away from Earthlings.
Old 2018-08-12, 12:43   Link #118
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, not sure what'll happen now that the dragon warriors are gone because it seemingly looks like everyone's aims have been met. My guess is the Sealing faction is going to reveal that they really are colonisers unless they just bring out a new villain completely. But the fact that the Sealing faction lobotomised Nezuya hasn't been fully addressed so I'm banking on the former.

Interesting that the Dragon is a former Nebula Soldier gone rogue. If that's the case then it's really Nebula to blame for the destruction of the Siriusians and the threat to Earth. Makes you wonder where that arrogance really does come from that allows them to say they're only taking power away from "children". Do what you can to take responsibility for your fuck up but don't pretend that it's humanity at fault. I wonder if this is meant to be a middle finger to the political interventionists.

I wonder why Dragon dude died like that though. Is it a curse from using the dragon power that would've happened to any human or was it something specifically in his nature on the count of being the dragon incarnate?

Also, congrats to orion and the others for being at least partially right (and maybe even completely right). If the Dragon's power has its origins in being a Nebula Solider then the Sealing Faction could well be the same.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-08-12 at 12:55.
Old 2018-08-12, 14:15   Link #119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... Nebula doesn't use the Dragon's power. The Dragon was originally part of Nebula. Looks like I was right.

Anyway, while it seems that the crisis is over, there is still the matter of where the Dragon's power came from in the first place.
Old 2018-08-12, 15:29   Link #120
Wandering Soul

So the Dragon was originally part of Nebula's forces. That really makes the Sealing faction's claim about taking power away from children ring hollow.

Don't really know where things go from here. Unless Takashi's claim about the Sealing faction being colonizers are true, then pretty much everyone has achieved their goal or had their storyline resolved. The only thing left is fixing Nezuya.