AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-29, 05:45   Link #1441
Mentar
Banned

You know - without having read or heard ANYTHING about it, I think I would already LOVE to see more of this setup!

Super-talented guy with inferiority complex towards the Saegusa twins (who - as far as I remember - are every bit as mischievous-playful as Mayumi)? This literally REEKS like bundles of fun. Now toss in some latent romance competition between them, and I smell utter hilarity. Tatsuya or Miyuki need to take him under their wings.

More of that, please!
Old 2012-10-29, 06:19   Link #1442
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Hmm, this seems a fairly interesting read
Spoiler:
I would assume they would be quite annoyed. It's clear the whole curriculum was made with him in mind and because of his track record, and they (at least, the first years. The second and third years show him more respect than the first years) have always been a petty bunch. There's probably just a lot of jealousy since the girls from the top four in the class hang around with him, too.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:08   Link #1443
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I would assume they would be quite annoyed. It's clear the whole curriculum was made with him in mind and because of his track record, and they (at least, the first years. The second and third years show him more respect than the first years) have always been a petty bunch. There's probably just a lot of jealousy since the girls from the top four in the class hang around with him, too.
Didn't the majority of the students vote to end the discrimination against weeds? I refer to the election arc.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-10-29 at 08:18.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:37   Link #1444
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Didn't the majority of the students vote to end the discrimination against weeds? I refer to the election arc.
That was only to allow weeds to serve in the student council, as far as I remember. Not to end the discrimination entirely.
Old 2012-10-29, 15:09   Link #1445
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Inferiority complex as in he looks down on the Saegusas or grovels to them?

Also: shouldn't one of the twins be the freshmen representative? With the 10 family status and all
Status doesn't matter, whoever achieved the highest average score in the technical and theoretical entrance exams is chosen to be the representative.

Short question for LN readers:
Spoiler for Vol.3, Ch.1:

In Yuutousei 5 the teacher said that Class A is composed of those who achieved a high score in the entrance exam, so wouldn't it be natural for them to dominate the end of term test? Or is it a manga original?
Old 2012-10-29, 15:56   Link #1446
Seitsuki
Onee!

As far as I know the only real split is between course 1 and 2. Therefore as long as you're in course 1, it doesn't really matter what class you're in-- classes A - D should all have a mix of fairly even ability.

Edit: after rereading I'm guessing it's like streaming: even if class A has proportionally higher ability students, you wouldn't expect them to do that much better.. er.. I really don't know.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:08   Link #1447
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
As far as I know the only real split is between course 1 and 2. Therefore as long as you're in course 1, it doesn't really matter what class you're in-- classes A - D should all have a mix of fairly even ability.

Edit: after rereading I'm guessing it's like streaming: even if class A has proportionally higher ability students, you wouldn't expect them to do that much better.. er.. I really don't know.
Actually, the faculty tried to balance out the talent throughout Classes A to E. This way, it wouldn't seem like they were trying to stack all the strongest performers into one class.

Then the final results were posted, with Class A dominating the scores, to the faculty's considerable chagrin.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:30   Link #1448
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Status doesn't matter, whoever achieved the highest average score in the technical and theoretical entrance exams is chosen to be the representative.

Short question for LN readers:
Spoiler for Vol.3, Ch.1:

In Yuutousei 5 the teacher said that Class A is composed of those who achieved a high score in the entrance exam, so wouldn't it be natural for them to dominate the end of term test? Or is it a manga original?
Is yuutousei considered canon? It feels too off from the original series, if you ask me. I don't remember, but there were a few points which seemed completely different from the original. At the very least, I don't consider it to be so.
Old 2012-10-29, 19:56   Link #1449
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
Actually, the faculty tried to balance out the talent throughout Classes A to E. This way, it wouldn't seem like they were trying to stack all the strongest performers into one class.

Then the final results were posted, with Class A dominating the scores, to the faculty's considerable chagrin.
Thanks, that clarifies it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Is yuutousei considered canon? It feels too off from the original series, if you ask me. I don't remember, but there were a few points which seemed completely different from the original. At the very least, I don't consider it to be so.
Not sure if it's considered canon, but for example the cafeteria scene with Morisaki, the conflict was subtly hinted in the LN, but Yuutousei went into more detail. I was just wondering if the class distribution was subtly hinted as well.
Old 2012-10-29, 20:54   Link #1450
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Inferiority complex as in he looks down on the Saegusas or grovels to them?

Also: shouldn't one of the twins be the freshmen representative? With the 10 family status and all
Spoiler for Double Seven:
Old 2012-10-29, 21:37   Link #1451
Johnny
Working the bags...

On that note mentioned by Flere.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-30, 12:41   Link #1452
willx
Nyaaan~~

Many thanks to Seitsuki for his work translating Vol 5's short stories! I'm usually not a big moe-blob but .. *squee!*
Old 2012-10-30, 12:47   Link #1453
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
On that note mentioned by Flere.
Spoiler:
Not at all. There is very little to connect them to the Yotsuba's. Sure, as the omniscient reader, you know that they are Yotsuba's, but to others they are just extraordinarily talented siblings. Remember, there are a ton of magical families in Japan and not everyone who's talented is a part of those families like Mari.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:57   Link #1454
NeutralZero

Any more info about the double seven? Like the name of the person that hated the Saegusa and why and did the twins finally meet up with Tatsuya?
And what are the stand (like/hate/etc) in general of the blooms (like Morasaki) and weeds to the special division specially made to hide Tatsuya's weed stat?
Is there a special requirement for either of them (Bloom/weed) to enter the newly made division?
And aside from Tatsuya, who were also promoted/demoted to the said division?
Old 2012-10-30, 20:57   Link #1455
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Any more info about the double seven? Like the name of the person that hated the Saegusa and why and did the twins finally meet up with Tatsuya?
And what are the stand (like/hate/etc) in general of the blooms (like Morasaki) and weeds to the special division specially made to hide Tatsuya's weed stat?
Is there a special requirement for either of them (Bloom/weed) to enter the newly made division?
And aside from Tatsuya, who were also promoted/demoted to the said division?
Spoiler for Double Seven:
Old 2012-10-30, 21:08   Link #1456
blackwhite67
Banned

According to EnigmaticAxiom, his name is Shippou Takuma.

You know what I find clever about this antagonist with the debut of the Saegusa twins? If he hadn't shown up, the representative for the entrance ceremony would have had to have been one of the twins, which would have irked me a little seeing such an imbalance since one would have gotten more attention than the other. I like to even things out.
Old 2012-10-31, 00:22   Link #1457
whsie

spoilers have been posted already on the jcafe. Been way, way too busy lately.

Quick comment. The representative position is given to the student who has the highest score. Most people thought one of the twins would get the highest score, but Takuma won the spot instead. It's also noted that Sakura (the successor to the dead maid from Web 4) could have won the top spot, but she held back during the test to avoid attention. Tatsuya immediately knew there would be problems because there is serious bad blood, which was confirmed from behind the scenes look of Takuma when he met Maki after the party, between the two families. Of course, Miyuki is perfectly fine because conflict between the two "Seven" families will only divert attention away from them (unless the conflict mix Tatsuya into the mess..., which I have a feeling it will because the arc is called Double Seven).
Old 2012-10-31, 06:11   Link #1458
kfcpanda

what are the names of the twins?
Old 2012-10-31, 07:41   Link #1459
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
what are the names of the twins?
Izumi (bob haircut) and Kasumi (tomboy). Though I don't know which is the older, if I had to guess it'd be Izumi?
Old 2012-10-31, 09:41   Link #1460
blackwhite67
Banned

Mangaholic released an Audio Drama DVD Post Recording Report.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings