AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 01:33   Link #20701
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The preceding pages certainly don't display any special solutions, hence I'm assuming they're just dipping it lightly in water, though I can't be certain.
yeah, but that liquid could be anything^^
im really curious about this. it would be awesome to have a way to apply these sticker seals in a better fashion.

edit: ok, now im pissed... the local customs dont work here on saturday >_> my OO raiser was delivered to them today but because no one was there it went back again... so now it will be delivered there on monday and on tuesday i can pick it up at their office XP
god damnit i hate that system... and with DHL they should do all the customs crap for you but now i have to go there anyway XP

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-04 at 03:31.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 08:54   Link #20702
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, but that liquid could be anything^^
im really curious about this. it would be awesome to have a way to apply these sticker seals in a better fashion.

edit: ok, now im pissed... the local customs dont work here on saturday >_> my OO raiser was delivered to them today but because no one was there it went back again... so now it will be delivered there on monday and on tuesday i can pick it up at their office XP
god damnit i hate that system... and with DHL they should do all the customs crap for you but now i have to go there anyway XP
Man that sucks.. I know the pain or i'm going to go through it in a bit here... I ordered from Gundam Planet in New York, since i live in Canada i have to wait for customs as well.. But my catch is and i didn't realize it until now is that i ordered it through postal mail and that our postal service in Canada is on a strike right now.. which means no package for long time..
Old 2011-06-04, 09:37   Link #20703
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Man that sucks.. I know the pain or i'm going to go through it in a bit here... I ordered from Gundam Planet in New York, since i live in Canada i have to wait for customs as well.. But my catch is and i didn't realize it until now is that i ordered it through postal mail and that our postal service in Canada is on a strike right now.. which means no package for long time..
ouch....... it happen to me once, i lost one of my Gundam like that.
that was about 5 year ago, and the worst part it's GP03D, the freaking big one!!!
i ended up went to NYC to buy another one......
speaking of NY, i wonder if Gundam Planet have a actual store in NY
sure would like to go there and check it out
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 10:47   Link #20704
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
ouch....... it happen to me once, i lost one of my Gundam like that.
that was about 5 year ago, and the worst part it's GP03D, the freaking big one!!!
i ended up went to NYC to buy another one......
speaking of NY, i wonder if Gundam Planet have a actual store in NY
sure would like to go there and check it out
I'm not to sure if they have a store you can walk into, they don't give out an address on the webpage so i'm assuming no. But i must say they have a great website and the kits i've been waiting for over 4 months were in so i couldn't pass it up for another long waiting period.

So for the amount it cost me to ship it from New York to my place which is on the west coast, it was $43.00. That isn't express. Just normal, if i went express it would of cost me $78.00 which is a total rip off.
From Japan or HLJ its about the same amount on EMS with regular shipping from New York. Odd when it comes to that. Best place i know for shipping is hobbywave which is a flat rate but its good only if you buy lots.. and if they have stock in.
Old 2011-06-04, 10:53   Link #20705
Appel

Quote:
yeah... and like i said, the DHL express service here is supposed to do everything customs related FOR you. they bring the package, you pay taxes at the door and thats it. looks like they didnt know what do do with my package at the customs or they were "too busy" and just sent it to our local office >_>
now i have to wait 3 more days, drive there by train (i have no car, it takes me an hour just to get there) and it will be more expensive than what i would have paid to the mail man....
oh well, what can ya do... :P

sucks about your strike, too. at least i know when i will be able to pick up my package but you cant tell at all when that stupid strike will be over XP

and @skyboy928... thats even worse. id be so pissed if something like that would happen to me DX
Old 2011-06-04, 12:20   Link #20706
skyboy928

Quote:
yeah... and like i said, the DHL express service here is supposed to do everything customs related FOR you. they bring the package, you pay taxes at the door and thats it. looks like they didnt know what do do with my package at the customs or they were "too busy" and just sent it to our local office >_>
now i have to wait 3 more days, drive there by train (i have no car, it takes me an hour just to get there) and it will be more expensive than what i would have paid to the mail man....
oh well, what can ya do... :P

sucks about your strike, too. at least i know when i will be able to pick up my package but you cant tell at all when that stupid strike will be over XP

and @skyboy928... thats even worse. id be so pissed if something like that would happen to me DX
Ever since that happen I stop order my gundam from over sea
Most of the time I went to NYC to buy them from Imageanime.
But the selection is quite limited, I also went to a store in Chinatown
After all it's the best when you could hold the kit in your hand before you make the purchase.
Old 2011-06-04, 12:24   Link #20707
Appel

Quote:
After all it's the best when you could hold the kit in your hand before you make the purchase.
true. but here in germany thats pretty much impossible :P
i went to two big comic stores here. they had a tiny supply of kits and i got everything i was interested in. but other than that i HAVE to buy overseas. there are no shops in europe that i know of that sell gunpla with a good supply and reasonable prices...

there is one german internet shop for example but its VERY overpriced! for example, gundam exia + GN arms trans-am mode for 98€! XD i paid less for my OO raiser! XD

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-04 at 12:38.
Old 2011-06-04, 12:45   Link #20708
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
true. but here in germany thats pretty much impossible :P
i went to two big comic stores here. they had a tiny supply of kits and i got everything i was interested in. but other than that i HAVE to buy overseas. there are no shops in europe that i know of that sell gunpla with a good supply and reasonable prices...

there is one german internet shop for example but its VERY overpriced! for example, gundam exia + GN arms trans-am mode for 98€! XD i paid less for my OO raiser! XD
i'd recommend HLJ still, with SAL shipping, i've ordered atleast 15 kits from HLJ and atleast half of them are shipped by SAL, i've never gotten taxed for the SAL kits, the EMS ones _always_ get tax on them for some stupid reason.

another thing that happens me aswell is, if you get hit by tax/customs fee, they wont do your home delivery since the guy that drives the car " has no change/is not allowed to handle money ".

I dunno if its the same in germany, i live in sweden, i know UPS used to be able to handle money, but apparently the mail office can't.

if not, you can call your mail office and ask them to ship it closer to you, when i get hit with customs and have to pick it up it usually ends up 1.½-2 hours away from me, a simple phonecall reduces that time to 5-10 minutes

i wish you the best of luck.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 13:00   Link #20709
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
i'd recommend HLJ still, with SAL shipping, i've ordered atleast 15 kits from HLJ and atleast half of them are shipped by SAL, i've never gotten taxed for the SAL kits, the EMS ones _always_ get tax on them for some stupid reason.

another thing that happens me aswell is, if you get hit by tax/customs fee, they wont do your home delivery since the guy that drives the car " has no change/is not allowed to handle money ".

I dunno if its the same in germany, i live in sweden, i know UPS used to be able to handle money, but apparently the mail office can't.

if not, you can call your mail office and ask them to ship it closer to you, when i get hit with customs and have to pick it up it usually ends up 1.½-2 hours away from me, a simple phonecall reduces that time to 5-10 minutes

i wish you the best of luck.
SAL takes freaking forever! XD im fine with paying extra as long as i get my models in a reasonable time like a week or so. thats not the problem!

here in germany they are allowed to do that. like i said, DHL express brings it to my doorstep and i can pay the custom taxes there. and even for my PG astray that was just 8 bucks so thats ok^^
but this time they seem to have had a problem with my package. maybe the customs form wasnt filled out right by amiami or they were "too busy" so they shipped it to my local customs office.

ive been there a few times already, its no big deal. but like i said, now i have to wait 3 more days (the package will arrive there on monday and on tuesday i will get a postcard that enables me to pick it up. crappy system, i know XP i will call them though, maybe i can pick it up on monday if i bring my ID card...), drive there for about an hour and pay almost twice as much what i paid for my 200€ PG astray! XP
i payed 81€ for it so with 19% taxes thats about 15€... awesomeness! DX

also:

according to gundam guy the strike freedom is the dengeki hobbys #1 ranking master grade model:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...om-gundam.html

what are your thoughts on that? whats your #1?

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-04 at 16:28.
Old 2011-06-04, 18:26   Link #20710
Sworra

Quote:

also:

according to gundam guy the strike freedom is the dengeki hobbys #1 ranking master grade model:

Well Strike Freedom is the most hated and the most loved gundam so it looks like you love it or hate it. I personally like the Strike Freedom but its not my #1. If you are talking model wise i haven't built mine yet so i'm not to sure how the build goes, but from what i heard from a lot of people they say they enjoyed building it..

My #1 Gundam is the Nu Gundam / Hi Nu, Both suits are just the greatest for raw power and of course the ultimate New Type controlling them makes all the difference. I don't really have a #1 MG. All builds i do are pretty much the same, understand the instructions and your build goes good.. Look at some reviews and see what makes the build not so great. So when you get up to that part when building your MG you can change or improve that correction.
Old 2011-06-04, 18:58   Link #20711
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

I am not surprised at the result. The Strike Freedom is the most popular mobile suit. Personally, I love the Strike Freedom, it is one of the most customizable suit out there (from a modeler's perspective), but from an aesthetic point of view, it is NOT my favorite (though pretty close).

My favofite is the MS18E Kampfer. The epitome of Sieg Zion!

Spoiler for Kampfer!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 19:02   Link #20712
Nerroth
NePoi!

Speaking of Master Grades, has there ever been any word on whether or not Bandai would ever consider a MG kit for the GSX-401FW Stargazer?

It would be neat to see in its own right, and would make a good foil for the MG Strike Noir.
Old 2011-06-04, 23:17   Link #20713
TheGame2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
My local hobbyshop just started a sale and I was wondering if what kit you guys would recommend. Here's a list of the kits that I'm currently interested in:
HG 00 Qan[T]
HG Gundam Harute
HG GN Arms Type-D + Gundam Dynames
MG Zeta Gundam 2.0
MG Infinite Justice Gundam
MG Force Impulse Gundam
MG Gundam Mk.II 2.0
MG Hi-nu Gundam
Of those the only one Ive built is Infinite Justice, and I really like the kit. I like that it has a unique look, not the standard Gundam color scheme, etc. That and Im a sucker for anything with cool wings/ jet packs. lol. Hi-nu is one of the next ones I plan to get. Keep waiting on gundamstoreandmore to get 00 qan t back in stock so I can save on shipping.
TheGame2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 23:32   Link #20714
skyboy928

what are your thoughts on that? whats your #1?[/QUOTE]

my #1 MG kit..... i would say anyone from the G-Gundam series or Mk.II 2.0
since i build so many of them, they are pretty much the same to me, i couldn't really call myself a Gundam anime fans, since i only like the design of these Gundam not the anime itself.
the reason for G-Gundam and Mk.II 2.0 is because the skeleton. it's pretty detail and could do tons of different kind of pose. especially all G-Gundam's skeleton is like inter-lock, it won't be falling apart that easy.
Spoiler for pictures:
Old 2011-06-04, 23:38   Link #20715
skyboy928

Quote:
I'm not to sure if they have a store you can walk into, they don't give out an address on the webpage so i'm assuming no. But i must say they have a great website and the kits i've been waiting for over 4 months were in so i couldn't pass it up for another long waiting period.
i just check with them on facebook, they say that they do have a office in NYC, but warehouse is in NJ, however they were about to do on pick up there soon, so i guess i could place a order online and go pick up in NJ, which wasn't bad at all, since i know exactly when will have the kit in my hand, you know those feeling that you place the other and keep on wondering when the hell they gonna ship it.
if every company's shipping policy is as good as the one i'm working for, we all could get our kits in 2 day!!!

now i wonder if i could place a order and ask them let me handle the shipping process. if so that would be nice......
Old 2011-06-04, 23:52   Link #20716
Sworra

Quote:
i just check with them on facebook, they say that they do have a office in NYC, but warehouse is in NJ, however they were about to do on pick up there soon, so i guess i could place a order online and go pick up in NJ, which wasn't bad at all, since i know exactly when will have the kit in my hand, you know those feeling that you place the other and keep on wondering when the hell they gonna ship it.
if every company's shipping policy is as good as the one i'm working for, we all could get our kits in 2 day!!!

now i wonder if i could place a order and ask them let me handle the shipping process. if so that would be nice......
Yeah that would be a dream if we can allow ourselves to handle the shipping. lol I don't mind the wait considering i have other kits to build.. But i can see if others have nothing to work on and want to start it as soon as possible.
Old 2011-06-05, 00:58   Link #20717
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
My local hobbyshop just started a sale and I was wondering if what kit you guys would recommend. Here's a list of the kits that I'm currently interested in:
HG 00 Qan[T]
HG Gundam Harute
HG GN Arms Type-D + Gundam Dynames
MG Zeta Gundam 2.0
MG Infinite Justice Gundam
MG Force Impulse Gundam
MG Gundam Mk.II 2.0
MG Hi-nu Gundam
HG 00 Qan(T) is a good deal if you like the design, it's articulation is the same as HG 00 Raiser who Dalong nicknamed Yoga Gundam once or something. Do note that the Sword Bits do not come with a stand so if you want them flying around, your going to have to get creative on your own, much like what I had to do.

I would recommend againts HG Harute even of you like the design. The GN Sword Rifles are too bulky and heavy, infactthe whole MS is too bulky and heavy. At least my experiences with it is not good so far.

HG Dynames GN Arms is just overpriced for me, get it if you truly truly dig the design and want one. One of it's selling points usd to be the GN pistols for HG Dynames, bit that is no longer the cas since you can obtain them by buying HG Astraea Type F now.
Old 2011-06-05, 07:11   Link #20718
Appel

yeah, i agree that the MG strike freedom is a great model and i bet it was voted like that because of the insane popularity of the suit itself (it was my first gundam model, too).
as a model itself my favorite would be the MK-II 2.0 right now. best kit ive ever put together so far^^
if i would go by design that would be tough for me... no idea what id choose then.
Old 2011-06-06, 09:30   Link #20719
skyboy928

just receive some bad news from my go to guy when it come to Gundam kits...... his business wasn't doing that great, so this month he can't help me to import some kits..... guess i will have to place couple order myself......sigh.
by the way, if i were to get a spray paint kit, which one should i go for? and how much will it be?
Old 2011-06-06, 13:35   Link #20720
Sworra

Quote:
just receive some bad news from my go to guy when it come to Gundam kits...... his business wasn't doing that great, so this month he can't help me to import some kits..... guess i will have to place couple order myself......sigh.
by the way, if i were to get a spray paint kit, which one should i go for? and how much will it be?
Never knew they had kits for spray paint. If you are going to be spray painting look at your color guild in the manual and choose what paints you want.. Don't really need a spray paint kit. What does a spray paint kit include by the way?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy