AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 05:13   Link #41
philly

Didn't really believe they're making a movie for bleach but I think I'll watch it. Not sure how anyone could pull off a successful adaptation since DBZ sucked so bad. At least it's not 20th Century Fox who's making it but who knows.
philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 06:08   Link #42
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's going to be an All white cast except Chad is going to be the token black guy.
...but Chad is Mexican

If they planned several movies....first one of course is the origins movie ending with Ichigo vs. Grand Fisher. After that...I'm not sure how to compact Soul Society into like 90 minutes for a movie. This shit is gonna be more trouble than it's worth with such a huge cast lol.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:38   Link #43
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
There is no way they will insert 50 SS bigshots in 90 minutes. Most will be stunts without even one line.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:47   Link #44
Irkalla
I asked for this

Why? Just why? Do they really have to ruin everything that is sacred? I can just imagine what kinda actors they are gonna cast..my eyes.
Old 2010-03-28, 08:13   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Did you mean to say antagonist here?

Ichigo being the main protagonist is a given.
Oh right lol, what was I thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
...but Chad is Mexican
My point exactly
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 09:32   Link #46
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I doubt Hollywood will make that distinction though. =P
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 09:36   Link #47
Kafriel
Senior Guest

My plot steak is hollow legion with arrancar boss, no need to make things any harder to understand...shallow movies for shallow characters
Quote:
My point exactly
So he'll be selling nachos at cinemas after school to pay his college?
Quote:
Why? Just why? Do they really have to ruin everything that is sacred?
Because they can, and it pays!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 09:44   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Why? Just why? Do they really have to ruin everything that is sacred?.
Bleach? Sacred?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....
Old 2010-03-28, 09:55   Link #49
Irkalla
I asked for this

By Bleach being sacred, I mean Byakuya being sacred. Even if he will not even be in the movie!
Old 2010-03-28, 10:03   Link #50
roriconfan
Banned

Ok fast forward what can they do to make a watchable movie. I am being serious this time.

The movie opens with Ichigo kissing his girlfriend Orihime goodnight. Rukia is hunted by Fisher because she has the magic trinket inside her. She ends up in Ichigo's place because she knows his father is not human and asks for help. Ichigo witnesses the attack because he has the ability to see ghosts and is saved by his father who reveals that Fisher killed his mother. Rukia is unable to defeat Fisher because of the sphere draining her powers and is taken hostage to SS, which is overrun by Aizen, the evil traitor who made a coup along with two more captains we never see. Ichigo's dad refuses to aid SS for what they did in the past but Ichigo wants revenge, so he goes to Urahara, who teaches him how to use Shinigami powers and opens the gate to SS. He warns him not to be overtaken by rage because the whiteness inside him will take him over. He gives no thought to it and goes to SS. There, he meets Zaraki, Mayuri and Byakuya, the few remaining captains who still resist, while fighting Menos. He joins them in their attack on the main stronghold. Aizen in the meantime extracks the sphere and creates Arrancars, the leader of which is Fisher. The good guys storm in and kick ass (lots of visual effects here and we see Bankais *not Zaraki's*) while Ichigo confronts Fisher. He is unable to defeat him as he doesn't know how to Bankai and is almost killed. That is when Hollow Ichigo is released and wrecks havoc. Rukia gives him a romantic monologue which allows him to hear Zangetsu inside him and revert to normal, while releasing Bankai and killing Fisher. The team then traps Aizen who is revealed to be just a double, made to look as such by his shikai. Before the fake dies tells them that Aizen was never interested in SS and his real plan has just began. He looks at Ichigo and tells him that he lost to hate and now he will lose all those he loves.

Switch over to Karakura town. The bell rings at Orihime's place. She opens and finds Aizen smiling at her.

The rest come up in the sequel.

If that is not a nice story for an otherwise Hollywood crap movie, I don't know what is.
Old 2010-03-28, 10:13   Link #51
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

your plot is ok but, that's too expensive. one of the main reasons DB was rubbish was cayuse they over reached with the budget.and there are so many characters as well.

considering DB got 45mil bleach won't get anything more than 50. and on top of that, most likely it won't run over 90mins.
Old 2010-03-28, 11:23   Link #52
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Ok fast forward what can they do to make a watchable movie. I am being serious this time.

The movie opens with Ichigo kissing his girlfriend Orihime goodnight. Rukia is hunted by Fisher because she has the magic trinket inside her. She ends up in Ichigo's place because she knows his father is not human and asks for help. Ichigo witnesses the attack because he has the ability to see ghosts and is saved by his father who reveals that Fisher killed his mother. Rukia is unable to defeat Fisher because of the sphere draining her powers and is taken hostage to SS, which is overrun by Aizen, the evil traitor who made a coup along with two more captains we never see. Ichigo's dad refuses to aid SS for what they did in the past but Ichigo wants revenge, so he goes to Urahara, who teaches him how to use Shinigami powers and opens the gate to SS. He warns him not to be overtaken by rage because the whiteness inside him will take him over. He gives no thought to it and goes to SS. There, he meets Zaraki, Mayuri and Byakuya, the few remaining captains who still resist, while fighting Menos. He joins them in their attack on the main stronghold. Aizen in the meantime extracks the sphere and creates Arrancars, the leader of which is Fisher. The good guys storm in and kick ass (lots of visual effects here and we see Bankais *not Zaraki's*) while Ichigo confronts Fisher. He is unable to defeat him as he doesn't know how to Bankai and is almost killed. That is when Hollow Ichigo is released and wrecks havoc. Rukia gives him a romantic monologue which allows him to hear Zangetsu inside him and revert to normal, while releasing Bankai and killing Fisher. The team then traps Aizen who is revealed to be just a double, made to look as such by his shikai. Before the fake dies tells them that Aizen was never interested in SS and his real plan has just began. He looks at Ichigo and tells him that he lost to hate and now he will lose all those he loves.

Switch over to Karakura town. The bell rings at Orihime's place. She opens and finds Aizen smiling at her.

The rest come up in the sequel.

If that is not a nice story for an otherwise Hollywood crap movie, I don't know what is.
Better then some hollywood movies, believe me. xD Though you probably already know, don't you?

Byakuya is indeed sacred... Especially with his pink bladestorm of death. That is sooooo fabulous!

Even if that was the case, Byakuya is awesome (I liked him even during the early stages of SS arc.). But Roricon des have some good compromise on the adapting thing... I just hope atleast Rukia is cute. Please I hope Rukia is cute.

But probably not, they might need to call Jackie Chan in to do Soi Fon.... x)

Visual graphics doesn't add up the same as skill and common sense. Budgetary concerns because of what? Oh yeah... movie adaptions skewering anime. Yeah, that would waste a hurrendous amount of money, wouldn't it?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 12:01   Link #53
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
your plot is ok but, that's too expensive. one of the main reasons DB was rubbish was cayuse they over reached with the budget.and there are so many characters as well.

considering DB got 45mil bleach won't get anything more than 50. and on top of that, most likely it won't run over 90mins.
Expensive??? Many characters??? One 3D Fisher, one Forbidden City scenery and a dozen guys in robes. Other arrankars and Bankai transformations are standard stuff we can't do without.

How low budget will it be? This low?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQH1ui1QS4Y

Or spoof low?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_npg6PFXII
Old 2010-03-28, 12:10   Link #54
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
By Bleach being sacred, I mean Byakuya being sacred. Even if he will not even be in the movie!
Who said that?

Anyway guys... what in the world do you have agains white cast? I REALLY don't get it!

Yeh anime is Japanese and all, but none of them looks Japanese at all!
Heck, the only one who is even close to being an Asian in Bleach is probably Soi Fon because she does wear chinese like clothes, has narrow eyes and all other face lines.

Rukia Japanese? With such huge eyes?!

Hate me if you want but there is no way any Asian would suit.

As long as they keep Yoruichi, Tousen and Chad black and story atleast a bit close to SS arc, I'm fine.

EDIT: Ah, also Gin and Yamamoto look like Asians.

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-03-28 at 16:13.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 12:17   Link #55
Lendial

Japanese culture and manga idolize Caucasian features, its not a surprise the movies would be type cast as such.
Old 2010-03-28, 12:20   Link #56
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

the budget will not only be the cgi. there is the actors who will play all the captains and the vice captains and the extra members. then sets. the hiring of crew.

bakai effects. and knowing that this might be a 3-4 movies in the future means payrise for all the greedy actors.

and that's all the cost taht you would think about. but, there is a lot in Pre, then in Principal photography and then Post.

to get people in there seats you need the crazy bankia's. IMO.

Last edited by kayote; 2010-03-28 at 14:39.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 03:28   Link #57
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
As long as they keep Yoruichi, Tousen and Chad black and story atleast a bit close to SS arc, I'm fine.

EDIT: Ah, also Gin and Yamamoto look like Asians.
Last time I checked Mexian ≠ black...
Old 2010-03-29, 07:37   Link #58
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Why are you guys crying about a movie that doesn't even exist yet? (And probably won't even reach production)

And why are people acting as if bleach to good for Hollywood? let's not pretend as if bleach up there with Cowboy bebop and GITS, it's horribly written compared to the other stuff going Hollywood. Bleach is about turn based combat and power ups. It's a shonen manga, And that's why it works in Japan and that's why it will not work in the west.

The only thing that Bleach alway had going for it was good style and the characters and this is from a fans perspective. The reaction from the average western audience will be something like: WAHAHAHAH!! guys wearing skirts with swords! OMFG!

The only way I see this work is if they look at the very basic concept of Bleach and go from there on their own. And IF (Thats is a big IF btw) they execute it well, what you will have is a decent sumer blockbuster...Not really Bleach as you guys remember it.
Old 2010-03-29, 08:53   Link #59
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Why are you guys crying about a movie that doesn't even exist yet? (And probably won't even reach production)
Just the actual posibility is enough to warrant tears.

Quote:
And why are people acting as if bleach to good for Hollywood? let's not pretend as if bleach up there with Cowboy bebop and GITS, it's horribly written compared to the other stuff going Hollywood. Bleach is about turn based combat and power ups. It's a shonen manga, And that's why it works in Japan and that's why it will not work in the west.

The only thing that Bleach alway had going for it was good style and the characters and this is from a fans perspective. The reaction from the average western audience will be something like: WAHAHAHAH!! guys wearing skirts with swords! OMFG!

The only way I see this work is if they look at the very basic concept of Bleach and go from there on their own. And IF (Thats is a big IF btw) they execute it well, what you will have is a decent sumer blockbuster...Not really Bleach as you guys remember it.
...You realise we've all been saying pretty much the same thing.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-03-29 at 09:55. Reason: typos
Old 2010-03-29, 10:35   Link #60
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Hm, I can't picture a Bleach Hollywoodmovie because there's no way they can fit all the cool stuff into 90 minutes.

the movie would have to feature way too many things:
Ichigo has to be introduced, school, friends, family.. and of course his ability to see ghosts. Then he is going to meet Rukia, turn into a Shinigami and learn some stuff(Urahra will become a mixture of Mister Miagi and Micky from Rocky ). No movie without SS, captains and bankais,... now imagine how Ichigo is battling all his way to Rukia in about 25(+5 for achieving bankai) minutes

It could be done properly if they stay away from the SS storyarc and plan a second movie from the start, but then it's probably not flashy enough and too risky financially-wise.

btw, I can't wait for the hollywood death note cast.. just think of all those emofags with chocolates at the casting