AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2016-10-18, 16:48   Link #58781
coco6561

Just an idea but you know how countires don't try to experiment on IS cores due to them not wanting to damage them and only having a limited amount? What if one country took that risk and tried splitting an IS core into fragments or something?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 18:48   Link #58782
Router25
World Connector. I think

Whichever country that is, they won't be getting anymore cores after that.
Old 2016-10-18, 18:53   Link #58783
coco6561

My idea is they use those fragments each as their own.core. But the missing pieces are filled in. Still figuring out how to make it work
Old 2016-10-18, 22:10   Link #58784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*sweat nervously at Sacred Twins concepts*

Yeah about that.... Let's just say another male I.S. pilot was pretty much bogus case.

The new Sub-core system is exactly like that, broken/fragmented core rebuilt into something else. It's definitely weaker than the complete unit, but can be used by both sexes just fine. (as long as they're compatible, majority of women is unable to use real I.S. either)

Granted, it's not like anyone can just do it willy nilly. in Sacred Twins, the only person capable of doing that is Tabane's old rival/partner.
Old 2016-10-18, 22:23   Link #58785
coco6561

Is that one of the concepts of Sacred Twins? I haven't read your fiction. Honest. I wanted to come up with a way for my villan to create extra IS enemies (like how Tabane has those Golems)
Old 2016-10-18, 22:46   Link #58786
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, also the first unit pilot was amnesiac man who in the past was involved with Chifuyu.
Old 2016-10-18, 23:12   Link #58787
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Sometimes I think giving IS cores to Third World countries is a very bad idea. Imagine what would the likes of Iran, NoKor, Venezuela, etc. will do with them.
Old 2016-10-18, 23:24   Link #58788
coco6561

well every country would need at least one. I'm pretty sure a single IS could decimate a country if it didn't have one.
Old 2016-10-19, 03:45   Link #58789
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Anyone here ever though about what make a character/story "worthy" to be told in a romance? I mean, from what I know, love in real live is kind of mundane, petty even, and it is that much exciting to talk about.

Now remember it, most romance films, novels, etc rely on some kind of "quirk", whether is it the character's personality or the circumstance, to spice up the story. Incest, for example.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 08:30   Link #58790
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Sometimes I think giving IS cores to Third World countries is a very bad idea. Imagine what would the likes of Iran, NoKor, Venezuela, etc. will do with them.
Phantom Task might have something to do with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco6561 View Post
well every country would need at least one. I'm pretty sure a single IS could decimate a country if it didn't have one.
The Alaska Treaty got that covered
Well unless the world order has been changed wherein unions were made in order to maximize the cores they have for research and development.

I too am also in the sub-core concept, though it involves Gundam and some crazy idea of having said core turn into a mint candy ball when depleted.
Old 2016-10-19, 16:13   Link #58791
S-34
Mechwarrior

Candy.
Anyway, first one to find the remainder of the fandom scattered across the internet wins a cookie.
I'd check Fanfiction first.
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 02:20   Link #58792
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Trying to find the fanbase nowadays is kinda like trying to find all of the Great Kanohi: they're scattered, hidden and sometime are guarded by dangerous monsters.
Anyway, while the guy who inspired me to write fanfiction in the first place has returned from hiatus, I'm still working on my new fic's first chapter. Who knew writing a story about poor pilots who have to work to the bones in order to live can be so looooooooooong?

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 06:28   Link #58793
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol.

10 char
Old 2016-10-24, 15:00   Link #58794
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Trying to find the fanbase nowadays is kinda like trying to find all of the Great Kanohi: they're scattered, hidden and sometime are guarded by dangerous monsters.
Anyway, while the guy who inspired me to write fanfiction in the first place has returned from hiatus, I'm still working on my new fic's first chapter. Who knew writing a story about poor pilots who have to work to the bones in order to live can be so looooooooooong?
Was that a Bionicle reference? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 10:21   Link #58795
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So a rework of the basic Astra Exodus concept. The actual unit used by Rong is not described below.

Asch(AE)

-AE, Croixas mockingly calls it the Astra Exodus, Rong prefers to call his own particular machine the Swordbreaker. This is a reference to the Infinite Stratos and how it should exceed said machine. However its real name is actually Asynchronous Esthesia.

Originally an empty IS frame put together by Rong from scavenged parts, powered by a high density battery, and armed with kinetic weaponry and boosted physical ability. Finding amusement in such a desperate creation, Croixas installs the quantum matrix he created into the unit. It functions similarly to the IS core however Croixas notes that it is inert. The core has the potential to override the laws of physics by emulating infinite superposition of subatomic structure. Using this it can also make decisions more complicated than simple yes or no logic gates by making decisions immediately on an infinite scale. This makes the matrix more of a brain. However it shows no capacity of cognition that's why Croixas did not call it a brain. Rather the matrix can detect external stimuli and assess the effects on the system. Since it cannot make a decision, it defers functions and proper responses to another brain, namely that of the pilot. However because the data comes from the matrix, it comes in the form of data and requires proper processing. Most pilots cannot handle the strain of such massive information because it is like being part of a super computer. Human brains are hardwired in such a way that complicated calculations for basic movements are instinctive but the quantum matrix feeds this raw data into the human mind requiring complex processing. This generally results in brain death for pilotsor at least neural overtaxing. However because of Rong's unique nature of hypnotizing himself with his self-induced obssession of numbers. He has become something of a savant, turning his brain into something capable of keeping up with a computer and therefore keeping pace with the quantum matrix' information feed.

Oedel or Ethel(OE)

-Called the Optional Extension or Orbital Extension.

After seeing the limited success of the Asch in Rong's hands. Croixas decided that he was going in the right direction. He wanted to recreate a more refined version of the AE, and to do that he first had to find a way to make it so the unit wouldn't kill its pilot unless they were a specific kind of autistic. What Croixas did was completely counter-intuitive. He increased the number of cores. Because the quantum matrix requires input from another brain to make decisions, Croixas decided that perhaps if he made the matrices communicate with each other, the final output to the pilot could be simplified. Much like with how more people brainstorming can come up with more simplified stipulations and ideas than a single person. For the most part this succeeded and someone other than Rong could pilot it. However this came with some odd quirks.

The cores are linked but do not treat each other as part of the same organism. Rather they treat each other as members of the same organization. Any evolutionary step will not be reflected on each other but on its own needs. If any form of evolutionary or performance updating step is taken then each part will prioritize its own needs and only minorly take into account performance impact of the other cores. This means the evolutionary step between each part could result very differently like one arm being for evolved for heavy combat while the other is lightly armored but precise. It gives the system more options but the change is almost never cohesive. Another unique quirk is that the OE can link up with the AE and act as remote power-up parts. Hence the Alternative moniker of Orbital Extensions.
Old 2016-11-12, 05:24   Link #58796
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Was that a Bionicle reference? xD
Yes. And I'm a Bionicle fan. But I still don't have the balls to make Bionicle-themed (elemental powers, different abilities, unity duty and destiny, fighting evil dudes, mix of fantasy and sci-fi) IS fic.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 17:55   Link #58797
LastPanzer

Hi, it's me again!
I have a crazy new plan for my fanfic:
Spoiler for crazy new plan:
LastPanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 01:39   Link #58798
The 48th Ronin

Do it. Now.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 06:57   Link #58799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*insert Captain Picard facepalm here*
Old 2016-12-06, 07:22   Link #58800
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

If ISA removes everything that is not related to IS in its curriculum, how much will the learning last? 2 years? 1 year?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest