Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-08-27, 13:40   Link #1
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Manga or manhua similar to...

So, yesterday I started this Manhua that was really entertaining and the plot(kinda like SoL, with not teenagers characters) that focused on him trying to make the other girl fall in love with him with the comedies and hardships in between it make it really fresh for me. The manhua's name is Skill of Lure(shame there are not so many chapters).

So here is the deal, anyone knows another Manga or Manhua which could be similar?

-Guys trying to make the other girl to fall in love with him(but not in the shoujo way(I recommend to read this manhua for better understanding))
- Harem not necessary(better if there isnt)
- Decent quantity of chapter(though I could deal with it if there are more than 20 or 30)
-Comedy in it(but better if its handled properly)
- Similar art if possible(Im kinda picky in that area)
- a plus if there is a bro with a similar behavior like in the one Im talking about
- IMPORTANT, THERE MUST SOME ROMANTIC PROGRESSION not something were the guy just back off at the end or something that goes to nowhere, Im so sick of that at the moment

Hope there is something and thank in advance for the help.
Old 2015-08-27, 19:01   Link #2
jedinat

The World God Only Knows has a guy making girls fall for him for plot reasons. All the relationships sort of end in a reset at first, but the manga changes later on and lots of things happen...
Spoiler for minor *ending spoiler:

Last edited by jedinat; 2015-09-01 at 21:47. Reason: *someone though it wasn't minor, I still think it is
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 19:23   Link #3
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
The World God Only Knows has a guy making girls fall for him for plot reasons. All the relationships sort of end in a reset at first, but the manga changes later on and lots of things happen...
Spoiler for minor spoiler:
Already read, raged that Yui did win and got over twgok. Thats why I said Im looking for something that it might not be an harem. Plus, he was being forced, Im looking for something more real, someone he actually wants(not someone in the last arc).
Still, thanks.
Old 2015-09-01, 03:59   Link #4
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Spoiler for minor spoiler:
wow, am i reading that correctly?? im surprised it ended that way from reading your spoiler. i did try that series but rage quit after the first 6 arcs or so in the manga (or anime, not sure anymore). something about him getting all those girls to fall in love and then be just friends was painful/annoying to watch. even more so when he just ignored them soon after completing their route.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 13:20   Link #5
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
wow, am i reading that correctly?? im surprised it ended that way from reading your spoiler. i did try that series but rage quit after the first 6 arcs or so in the manga (or anime, not sure anymore). something about him getting all those girls to fall in love and then be just friends was painful/annoying to watch. even more so when he just ignored them soon after completing their route.
It wasnt that he ignored them, they forgot about him. It actually makes up for alot of exposition and internal struggle in the later story.

Also that was not a minor spoiler. That was a massive spoiler. But anyway.
Wolfe La Piroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 15:18   Link #6
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe La Piroko View Post
It wasnt that he ignored them, they forgot about him. It actually makes up for alot of exposition and internal struggle in the later story.

Also that was not a minor spoiler. That was a massive spoiler. But anyway.
true enough, though that whole reset thing was very, very, very annoying for the girls' side. what annoyed me the most was that he himself didnt learn to take the hint in the short time i followed the series. so what, he captures their heart, they forget about the details and he simply moves onto the next target.

keep in mind i used the word target, he doesnt consider what sort of feelings they may have felt for him in their route. i can excuse a few routes where he coldly moves onto the next target. the fact it takes that it takes so long for him to even feel something should be considered about the previous girls is what infuriated me the most about the series. seeing something in the short SE1 anime eps i saw would be one thing, but to drag it on is inexcusable. though i dont think i ever got around to watching the anime. i think i probably dropped it before it ever got animated.

regarding the anime ending spoiler

Spoiler:
Old 2015-09-01, 21:36   Link #7
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
true enough, though that whole reset thing was very, very, very annoying for the girls' side. what annoyed me the most was that he himself didnt learn to take the hint in the short time i followed the series. so what, he captures their heart, they forget about the details and he simply moves onto the next target.

keep in mind i used the word target, he doesnt consider what sort of feelings they may have felt for him in their route. i can excuse a few routes where he coldly moves onto the next target. the fact it takes that it takes so long for him to even feel something should be considered about the previous girls is what infuriated me the most about the series. seeing something in the short SE1 anime eps i saw would be one thing, but to drag it on is inexcusable. though i dont think i ever got around to watching the anime. i think i probably dropped it before it ever got animated.

regarding the anime ending spoiler

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for if you really want to ruin the ending:
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 22:50   Link #8
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for if you really want to ruin the ending:
ty for the reply Jedinat
spoiler #1
Spoiler:

spoiler #2
Spoiler:

in the end i understand the running plot was complete the girls' routes but Kiema's approach to it lacked any real emotion. he did what he had to complete the routes but outside of any real routes ie 3d life/RL he's just the same person he was before Elsie met him. his approach is more like a soldier merely completing missions, no more and no less than that. this was one of the few series that i really did dislike and mostly due to the MC Kiema. he did change his ways later on but it took way too long for it to happen.

sorry if i side tracked the thread for a bit, i'll try to refrain from doing so in the future.
Old 2015-09-01, 23:01   Link #9
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Thanks. At least post a series that might help.
Old 2015-09-03, 19:40   Link #10
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Need A Girl, maybe? I guess that wouldn't fulfill the "romantic progression" part; or to say its on very slow side.

You could also try Moteki, which doesn't get the ball rolling for the MC for a number of chapters, and he'll never become a playboy or anything like that. He does get a "bro" of sorts in the later chapters and starts to move forward a bit like Sung-gi from that vantage point(but as the "bro" isn't his everyday-wingman, it doesn't go as fast).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 07:57   Link #11
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

Just occurred to me, do you play VNs? I think that might be fun for you ^.^"
Wolfe La Piroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love decisions, romance comedy