AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What'd you think bout the episode?
Perfect 10 4 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 41.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 31.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-31, 19:07   Link #61
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
kudelia should start singing and dancing like lacus clyine, that will unite all people
or just form some k-pop group with atra and meribit and make everyone your fans
If she did her TV broadcast like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Finally some mecha action and
Images
fanservice
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gjallarhorn would be too busy having a collective nosebleed to pursue them

As a little aside, though we got some fanservice it also nicely implies that Kudelia can dress herself in zero-g now with no problems at all (though last time was spacesuit so not quite the same).

As for what Kudelia will actually say with Gjallarhorn's main fleet bearing down on them... I'm guessing she will use Gjallarhorn's public face against them. They pretend to be the good guys so if she basically stands in front of them and says "go ahead and shoot a defenceless girl if you dare" then it would then look REALLY bad if they do shoot.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 20:15   Link #62
Skye629

Late to the party

I'll just sum up my thoughts with Barbato's mace bashing every Graze in sight with that oh-so-satisfying "crunch"

And of course the Gusion Rebake, can't wait to see its sub-arms in action later

Interesting to see that McGillis have rubbed off on Gaelio too, the only reason he sortied in that mess being due to Barbato's appearance

And so far for me, Eins is the most annoying character of the whole cast, every time he appears in combat its "CRANK SENPAIS GRAZE!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IT YOU DAMN KIDS?!??!!? I'LL AVENGE HIM SADFHSADIUFHIDSUFHISDUAFHISADUHF" (exaggeration but you get the idea)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 21:13   Link #63
Irenesharda

Well, that was a rather tense and exciting episode. That escalated something fierce. And Gaelio is something to be reckoned with when it comes to that Kimaris.

Kudelia definitely seems like she has much more of a backbone now and she's a lot more determined. She even handled Nobliss like a pro. She seems like she actually could become a leader of this resistance now.

The fight was pretty good and we got to see all the new mobile suits come out to play. McGillis seems to be mostly watching the proceeding for now. And thankfully, Gaelio now has a new nickname rather than simply being "the chocolate man's friend".

So next episode looks like they finally get to Earth judging by the old man. We'll have to see what they will do now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 22:08   Link #64
Jaden

Damn..Orphans is so good, it's making it difficult for me to bother watching any other anime.

I'm a bit worried about what Kudelia is doing, though. I don't think it's realistic for a speech by her to start anything big, when she doesn't have the power to back it up. It's not like she really has any truth bombs to drop that show Gjallarhorn's corruption..all she can do is deliver something really emotional and idealistic and the people will buy it 'cause she's cute and it's Gundam. Next episode might be cringeworthy in that regard but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Old 2016-01-31, 22:18   Link #65
Kurohane

Dang, even though they were nameless characters, that massacre was brutal! Though in hindsight, of course, the weapons would be sabotaged as well, with the lack of resistance taking them. That's what happens when you let your emotions rule you. If the workers didn't take up the call for violence, they wouldn't have been picked off so easily, though I can hardly blame them.

Even Tekkadan thought this was too much and wanted to do what they could, but Orga points out that it'd be too dangerous, and they can't risk their client, but Kudelia herself wants to stay, stating if she can't do anything here, her words will become hallow.

We get a glimpse of Orga and Mikazuki's co-dependence on each other, by Orga asking Mika what he wants to do; Orga's choice would have depended on what Mikazuki had said. Luckily, even Mikazuki is sick seeing Gjallarhorn's immoral actions, and doesn't want leave with things as they currently stand. It's been a while since the last example of their over-dependence on each other, but it shouldn't have disappeared. Mika will do whatever Orga says, and Orga will act on Mika's wishes. It leads to a point where this will cause problems, and it could put a wedge in their brotherhood.

The action was nice, but wasn't anything particularly outstanding. With how much Mikazuki was hyped as the ace near the point of Marty Sue territory, I never feel any tension during his fights, more of wondering if this is the battle he'll actually lose. Gusion Rebake's rescue moment/complete introduction was predictable and cliche. Norba calling the graze "Ryusei Go" made me think of SWR OG. I was actually more interested in what Kudelia had in mind to do, and have to wait until next week for full details. Judging by the preview, it works and the Isaribi safely gets away from the Gjallarhorn fleet.
Old 2016-01-31, 23:49   Link #66
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I can't help but notice how Lafter and Azee are now close to Akihiro now.

The two are clearly concerned with him going out alone
Old 2016-02-01, 00:20   Link #67
The 48th Ronin

Chocolate Mask and Gali Gali. Gjallarhorn, the future is here.

Finally, moar Gundams. Gusion the Tank and Kimaris the Race Car.

Looks like we've reached a turning point here. With the Gjallarhorn fleet now on Tekkadan's asses, Kudelia has prepared to make her move. Something that will dictate the course of the show in the future episode.

PS: Those clashing metals are giving me orgasms.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 06:25   Link #68
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
This is Gundam. Peaceful solution never had any chance. If that's the case, I wonder what Gordon's angle is. Worker's rebellion doesn't seem good for business, assuming his interest in this is business.
Depends on what his business is. Maybe he owns a lot of weapon manufacturing which probably benefit heavily in times of chaos. Though from the start, he seemed to be setting up Kudelia to fall to break colonial independence movement seems to imply his desire for status quo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
More like break the economic system that Gjallarhorn has imposed on humanity. The Earth power blocs are sympathetic to Kudelia's cause but even they are on the leash because of Gjallarhorn.
Technically only one power bloc was willing to negotiated with Kudelia. Gjallorhorn doesn't seem to be dictating the economic policy but only act as a security organization (like UN?) to maintain peace. Of course, i'm sure there are economic or budgetary implication for Gjallorhorn if Mars manage to gain economic independence and other colonies are bound to follow suit in their lobbying. Less income for Earth power blocs means less money for Gjallarhorn.
Old 2016-02-01, 07:30   Link #69
Top Sergeant

Good to see Bernstein step up to the plate. Now lets see how well she can hit the ball.
Old 2016-02-01, 13:24   Link #70
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Depends on what his business is. Maybe he owns a lot of weapon manufacturing which probably benefit heavily in times of chaos.
I can understand if his business has ties to two powerful nations, but we're talking about some colonial union workers. I doubt that's the kind of conflict that would be good for business.
Quote:
Though from the start, he seemed to be setting up Kudelia to fall to break colonial independence movement seems to imply his desire for status quo.
I initially thought that he wanted Kudelia to die publicly as a martyr to enflame the independence movement. So he might've used the workers and Kudelia as sacrificial pawns to make others rise in revolt. But then I recall that nobody really knew who Kudelia was, so that seems unlikely.

As for a desire for status quo, if that was his goal, he could've just not sponsored Kudelia. She would've remained powerless.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 14:43   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I can understand if his business has ties to two powerful nations, but we're talking about some colonial union workers. I doubt that's the kind of conflict that would be good for business. I initially thought that he wanted Kudelia to die publicly as a martyr to enflame the independence movement. So he might've used the workers and Kudelia as sacrificial pawns to make others rise in revolt. But then I recall that nobody really knew who Kudelia was, so that seems unlikely.
The only large scale conflicts on the table are between the power blocs and Gjallaharn. That's the kettle that's been boiling. Though I'm not entirely sure what Nobliss' angle is either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 16:32   Link #72
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
I can't help but notice how Lafter and Azee are now close to Akihiro now.

The two are clearly concerned with him going out alone
They have basically been training him and know that he just recently lost his brother. No doubt they grew closer over that time.They were concerned about someone that grew to be like a student to them. He is also still a comrade to them too.
Old 2016-02-01, 16:32   Link #73
Irenesharda

According to the PV, it looks like we'll be seeing the leader of the government bloc that she was supposed to meet next week. Though, I don't know if the meeting will be next week. Gundam doesn't have a good history of their ships landing on Earth where they're supposed to.

However, I have a feeling that the meeting won't go well. I doubt it will just be that the meeting happens and suddenly all is well. Gjallerhorn won't like that, and we really don't have a good idea what the Seven Stars heads actually think about the whole thing. Since Gjallerhorn is technically over either sphere, it's possible that they can have the power to veto anything that the bloc themselves want in the name of overall peace.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 16:38   Link #74
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The only large scale conflicts on the table are between the power blocs and Gjallaharn. That's the kettle that's been boiling. Though I'm not entirely sure what Nobliss' angle is either.
If that's the case, then I don't see why Gordon would bother with colonial issues as those issues would seem to be secondary to any issue between Gjallarhorn and the economic blocks, not to mention the fact that Gordon and Gjallarhorn appear to be cooperating in this whole Dort incident until Teiwaz's leader convinced him to do otherwise.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 17:04   Link #75
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, given how things were treated on Mars, I suspect we won't see any kind of ship landing. Especially given how the Isaribi is designed. I suspect once they make landfall, the Isaribi will be staying in a drydock up in orbit.
Old 2016-02-01, 17:17   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If that's the case, then I don't see why Gordon would bother with colonial issues as those issues would seem to be secondary to any issue between Gjallarhorn and the economic blocks, not to mention the fact that Gordon and Gjallarhorn appear to be cooperating in this whole Dort incident until Teiwaz's leader convinced him to do otherwise.
Like I said, I don't know his angle. Does he want to preserve the statu quo by reminding everyone what Gjallaharn's for? Does he want to throw oil on the fire by making Gjallaharn more rash, more brutal? Is he looking for some kind of spark to finally open the conflict?

And what other irons does he have in the fire?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 18:41   Link #77
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Like I said, I don't know his angle. Does he want to preserve the statu quo by reminding everyone what Gjallaharn's for? Does he want to throw oil on the fire by making Gjallaharn more rash, more brutal? Is he looking for some kind of spark to finally open the conflict?

And what other irons does he have in the fire?
Or maybe hes just one of those guys who wants to watch the world burn

Who knows
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 20:47   Link #78
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
at least they still had the evolving OP song sequence gimmick, this time having the Gusion & Ryusei-Go Graze now flying side by side with the launched Barbatos, with Merribit replacing Fumitan as the bridge bunny for said launch sequence, poor Fumitan..........
Also in the scene before they launch, before EP 17, the Ryusei-Go can be seen behind Norba painted in white (or maybe it wasn't painted at all?), but in the OP of EP 17, it is now seen in its pink paintjob.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 04:38   Link #79
Skaddix

Saving the protesters is all good the problem is they are worthless. I mean props for noble intentions but Orga doesnt get anything to work with because you got a bunch of ship and mechas with no weapons. I presume they just have no weapons loaded and its not a computer virus.

I dont think the Mika and Orga Co-Dependence runs into a serious problem until the vote goes different usually what we see is the top 5 guys in Tekkadan (Not counting Akhiro because he follows the strongest) basically vote so usually its 2-1 with Biscuit in opposition, Orga asks Mika what he wants to do Mika sides with the 2 now its 3-1 and Orga basically gets to say well sorry Biscuit but the Leadership has voted 3-1 so I am just going to go with the Majority. So I dont see an issue until really the vote goes 2-2 or 3-1 with Mika on one side and the rest on the other.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 05:29   Link #80
Tenzen12

Yeah, saving protesters is nothing but self satisfaction, plus if Kudelia doesn't get REALLY smooth, it damage everything they worked for. That said leaving like that wouldn't be good for morale if nothing else.

Tags
weekly episode discussion