AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-09-26, 02:42   Link #1
LevelSeven

City of Dead Sorcerer

well that is a suprise, or maybe i simply didnt find it, either way, i created a thread for this great webtoon:

summary:
Quote:
The year is 2014, a new substance, SDE01, commonly referred to as "Mana" is discovered by a group of Russian scientists. The world plunges into a development race to find uses of this new seemingly unlimited source of energy that cannot be seen or felt.

16 years after the discovery, it's now the self-proclaimed Age of Magic, where you can download an App to your very phone and cast magic. However, heavy restrictions have been imposed over the available spells, and the required paperwork to even use a high level spell are astronomic.

Among the citizens of this new world, a red robed mysterious man seems capable of wielding extremely powerful magic in a way that should not be possible. It's unknown what his aim is or what he wants to accomplish. All that's known about this mysterious person is that he has been using forbidden level spells to kill evil-doers throughout the city.

But detective Kim is in charge of catching this murderer/hero. And he doesn't plan on giving up.
until now 133 chapters ae translated and after a f*cking long flashback arc we finally get to the core of the story
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 06:55   Link #2
bakato

Great manhwa on a fascinating concept. Seemingly the only magician in a world of magic. I don't care what Icarus went through. He's a piece of shit.
Old 2016-09-26, 11:45   Link #3
LevelSeven

^couldnt agree more, wish there was a larger following like with a lot of other great underrated works but well, it as how it is, still, icarus cant be forgiven (but his kid wants to save his brother and his father :/ )
Old 2016-09-26, 12:35   Link #4
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^couldnt agree more, wish there was a larger following like with a lot of other great underrated works but well, it as how it is, still, icarus cant be forgiven (but his kid wants to save his brother and his father :/ )
You've read ahead? I know the shorty is the son so who's the brother?
Old 2016-09-26, 13:41   Link #5
LevelSeven

^wasnt that the blue-haired guy? changing ones hair color isnt that hard :/
Spoiler for picture:
Old 2016-09-26, 20:54   Link #6
Lord C

Wasnt Cloud a Homunculus?
Old 2016-09-26, 23:39   Link #7
LevelSeven

^as far as i know he is a modified human, at least this is what i remember, plus, otherwise having him being shown would be pointless :/
Old 2022-10-12, 21:24   Link #8
Lord C

Holy crap can't believe it ended. Regardless: pretty good overall, the ending feels rushed though thankfully the author covered the loose threads at the post-end. Feels like it needed a few more chapters though, the protagonists' training arcs and power development just felt overall pointless at the final fight. I'd still rate it high among my favorite webcomics, it's as if it didn't lose its way but more of its rythm as it kept going on the right path.

Also just checked and apparently the author's Instagram revealed there is an adaptation in the works about 5 days ago?
Old 2022-10-13, 16:07   Link #9
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
Holy crap can't believe it ended. Regardless: pretty good overall, the ending feels rushed though thankfully the author covered the loose threads at the post-end. Feels like it needed a few more chapters though, the protagonists' training arcs and power development just felt overall pointless at the final fight. I'd still rate it high among my favorite webcomics, it's as if it didn't lose its way but more of its rythm as it kept going on the right path.

Also just checked and apparently the author's Instagram revealed there is an adaptation in the works about 5 days ago?
Anime adaptation? And I'm embarrassed to say the time traveling shenanigans was lost on me. So the woman used the time machine and warned the detective, which allowed Crimson Robe and midget to go back and save the sorcerer race?
Old 2022-10-13, 18:17   Link #10
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Anime adaptation? And I'm embarrassed to say the time traveling shenanigans was lost on me. So the woman used the time machine and warned the detective, which allowed Crimson Robe and midget to go back and save the sorcerer race?
I didn't understand exactly if she did indeed use the Time Machine herself once. As if she did so, returning back in time would mean returning to a point Icarus would still be alive for the final fight.
I think the Sorcerer trio woke up. Even Crimson Robe that had his neck broken had survived in the end. Robe and the Midget are the ones that go back in time and eventually send a letter to the Detective explaining everything that happened. The new timeline is much more ''normal'' as it's shown they erased the memory of the russian scientist that discovers magic, so the new society never develops and mass produces magic technology.
Robe and Midget beat down Icarus and Chris in the past to take the relics for good measure and start working on the background taking down the Sun and helping the citizens of the new timeline get their happy endings like Luna meeting her family. Sorcerers are never purged out but their society stays distant from humanity.
Aside some exceptions like Chris still becoming a video game developer.

Also, instagram link of the new adaptation: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjbHWrUvmV8/

Tags
magitech, multiple mcs, op mc, soft tragedy, supernatural