He never says it, but he would do it.
more so now that he truly wants to die
Old 2008-08-12, 13:08   Link #1203
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
more so now that he truly wants to die
However, right now he doesn't have mecha. And when he get it, his attitude will change ( as you can see from spoilers).
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 13:10   Link #1204
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
However, right now he doesn't have mecha. And when he get it, his attitude will change ( as you can see from spoilers).

we dont know what it would change to
and the only thing the spoilers say is no more mister nice guy
Old 2008-08-12, 13:11   Link #1205
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

So he's more resolute now that he nuked a city. It's not going to erase his death wish. Hell, if anything it's even stronger since he would seem to be taking on Knight of One. I say Knight of One because he will not fight Kallen, or at the very least their fight will end in a draw. They can't harm each other now, otherwise there'd be no trump card at the end to fight the good fight.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:22   Link #1206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Going to be hard to predict the matchup since we have only seen the new Lancelot from the OP. Didn't expect what the new Guren would pull off from that. Be a pretty interesting fight at any rate. But before that the Lancelot needs to go out and just own a good opponent. Needs a moment of glory that's been missing this season.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:08   Link #1207
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
You know I was seriously surprised by Lelouch's utter LACK of strategy in this battle for Tokyo. He was so haphazard with everything. He's not very good at real time tactics. He talked about developing a strategy against Tristan and Mordred, but did you see one? I know I didn't.
I'm a bit of a mystery and strategy nut. It's why I love to play chess and one of the factors that draws me to this series. I was even able to predict what Lelouch had planned with the kidnapping of TainZi, just from watching how he was acting when he abducted her. the only part I was off on was I thought he'd let XingKu save TainZi to make him a hero. Everything else I was spot on.

That's why Lelouch's strategy, or lack there of, really shocked me. Just for fun I even developed a strategy against the Tristan and Mordred. I only had information at the time of what I saw of them in battle at the time of the Chinese Federation fight.
I noticed that Tristan and Mordred both have very dangerous weaknesses.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:15   Link #1208
Hellbore

Care to elaborate?
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 01:15   Link #1209
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
That's why Lelouch's strategy, or lack there of, really shocked me. Just for fun I even developed a strategy against the Tristan and Mordred. I only had information at the time of what I saw of them in battle at the time of the Chinese Federation fight.
Weaknesses being...?
Old 2008-08-13, 01:16   Link #1210
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Out of curiosity, what do you consider their weaknesses? Mordred I can see being something of an easy target. It's big and slow from all the armor and relatively direct weapons. Tristan, on the other hand, I can't think of much for. Weak armor maybe.

As for lack of strategy, bigger battles mean more variables. He can really only plan for the basics.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:48   Link #1211
FoxxFireArt

Well, ironically The Mordred is the key to defeating the Tristan.
the Mordred is a heavy armor and assault unit. You can't have that kind of power armor without sacrifices. Did anyone notice that even though Mordred was blocking two attacks, from both C.C. and Chiba, Asahina was still able to strike a blow to the Mordreds float system. It's shielding has an opening from above. The Mordred is so heavy without that float system her mobility drops dramatically.
My first step would be to create a crater. Deep as possible. Line surrounding area with explosives. Lure the Mordred above the crater. Take out it's float system. She will drop. Ignite the explosives. The goal isn't to bury her, but to create terrain that makes it hard for her to move. Also the crater will keep her from getting a clear shot of the ground forces using her cannon.
Now the Mordred is the lure for Tristan. I've noticed that whenever either Anya and for Suzaku get into a spot Gino will rush to them. The Tristan is a transforming jet. The problem with the jet for is that I don't think it can hover, but it has incredible speed. I noticed that whenever he needs to stop he goes into jet form and that there is where it's weak. As Tristan is transforming it's impossible to aim or defend. You also can't have that kind of of speed without giving up armor. (The new Guren is a slightly different story since it has the energy wings.) Tristan is using a float system.
I put the Mordred into trouble. Gino will drop everything, transform into a jet to get to her as soon as possible. I'll have heavy weapons waiting to aim right over the crater. Once Gino starts to transform when he needs to stop you order a full assault. The explosion could also effect the Mordred. I'm guessing the shock of seeing Tristan blow before her slow her reaction time in raising any shields. If the Mordred does survive force her to keep her shields up. I don't think she can use her blaster at the same time and keep her attention forward. That's where Kallen will attack from behind in the Guren. This could also work with the other Guren.

That's just my brief over view.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:54   Link #1212
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
the Mordred is a heavy armor and assault unit. You can't have that kind of power armor without sacrifices. Did anyone notice that even though Mordred was blocking two attacks, from both C.C. and Chiba, Asahina was still able to strike a blow to the Mordreds float system. It's shielding has an opening from above. The Mordred is so heavy without that float system her mobility drops dramatically.
I doubt that would have worked if Anya wasn't shut down by the memory flash, and hence I doubt the claim about the gap, but I'll give you the part about mobility.

Quote:
My first step would be to create a crater. Deep as possible. Line surrounding area with explosives. Lure the Mordred above the crater. Take out it's float system. She will drop. Ignite the explosives. The goal isn't to bury her, but to create terrain that makes it hard for her to move. Also the crater will keep her from getting a clear shot of the ground forces using her cannon.

Now the Mordred is the lure for Tristan. I've noticed that whenever either Anya and for Suzaku get into a spot Gino will rush to them. The Tristan is a transforming jet. The problem with the jet for is that I don't think it can hover, but it has incredible speed. I noticed that whenever he needs to stop he goes into jet form and that there is where it's weak. As Tristan is transforming it's impossible to aim or defend. You also can't have that kind of of speed without giving up armor. (The new Guren is a slightly different story since it has the energy wings.) Tristan is using a float system.

I put the Mordred into trouble. Gino will drop everything, transform into a jet to get to her as soon as possible. I'll have heavy weapons waiting to aim right over the crater. Once Gino starts to transform when he needs to stop you order a full assault. The explosion could also effect the Mordred. I'm guessing the shock of seeing Tristan blow before her slow her reaction time in raising any shields. If the Mordred does survive force her to keep her shields up. I don't think she can use her blaster at the same time and keep her attention forward. That's where Kallen will attack from behind in the Guren. This could also work with the other Guren.
Tristan can hover. See episode 6 or 8. it also transforms fairly quickly, but your plan is solid enough.
Old 2008-08-13, 02:02   Link #1213
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

That's just my brief over view.
Well, I can tell I'm never ever going to challenge you to a strategy game. Ever.
Old 2008-08-13, 02:13   Link #1214
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I doubt that would have worked if Anya wasn't shut down by the memory flash, and hence I doubt the claim about the gap, but I'll give you the part about mobility.

Tristan can hover. See episode 6 or 8. it also transforms fairly quickly, but your plan is solid enough.
I'm pretty sure it still would of worked.

That's why I have to put Mordred into a crater. The transformation is fast. What you need to know is where he transforms. With the crater I will know right where to concentrate fire and when. It depends too much on mobility to survive weapon attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, I can tell I'm never ever going to challenge you to a strategy game. Ever.
Thanks. Guess that's one of the reasons the military was so pushy in trying to recruit me. I tested rather highly in military aptitude tests we had to take in high school. They didn't stop calling me for YEARS.
Old 2008-08-13, 15:37   Link #1215
Dream_Traveller
Banned

The thing is, you see, strategies are run by the writers, not by us. We're allowed to fantasize, but if Lelouch fucks up and has no real strategy at hand, that's their decision. And really, has Lelouch ever considered those weaknesses? Ever, at all, from episode six, analyzed them? If he did, Gino and Anya would have been long since dead. Also, one thing- they're Knights of Rounds. Aces, veterans, and though your scenario is a solid one, I reckon they'd be able to see stuff coming.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 05:07   Link #1216
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
The thing is, you see, strategies are run by the writers, not by us. We're allowed to fantasize, but if Lelouch fucks up and has no real strategy at hand, that's their decision. And really, has Lelouch ever considered those weaknesses? Ever, at all, from episode six, analyzed them? If he did, Gino and Anya would have been long since dead. Also, one thing- they're Knights of Rounds. Aces, veterans, and though your scenario is a solid one, I reckon they'd be able to see stuff coming.
He may be a Knight of Round, but Gino has always abandoned what he was doing and rush in. That's no pro. They don't seem to have a strong command structure. That's something else that makes the Knights of Round vulnerable. They are like wild dogs that Britannia sends out with no commands other then to destroy the enemy.

Like i said, that was my brief over view. I actually have countermeasures and other aspects of that plan.

I already posted this in the Image Thread, but since it has KMFs in it I thought you'd like to see this 4koma.
Code Geass- 4koma 18
Old 2008-08-14, 05:15   Link #1217
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Heh, I saw that...I once thought that was what Suzaku was going to do, coincidentially.

Well, that's Gino. He also has a right, in ways, to drop what he does whenever Anya gets in a major fix because he cares about her (and, from memory, is one of the few soldiers in the show at all who does watch out for allies. Hell, Luciano, crazy disposition aside, didn't even bat an eyelid when all four Valkyries were killed in front of his eyes, and they were his bodyguards- but then again, he's a bastard). And as for no command structure...well, the Rounds are outside of the normal chain of command and are allowed to do stuff at their own discretion with no opposition(case in point, Anya obliterating an allied cruiser filled with Britannian soldiers to protect Nunnally). As for them having no orders other than to destroy the enemy, that's often all they need in terms of orders because they're the elite of the elite. Here, they're dealing with foes that can match them, but they probably utterly trounced everything and everyone in the past.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 05:22   Link #1218
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
You know I was seriously surprised by Lelouch's utter LACK of strategy in this battle for Tokyo. He was so haphazard with everything. He's not very good at real time tactics. He talked about developing a strategy against Tristan and Mordred, but did you see one? I know I didn't.
I'm a bit of a mystery and strategy nut. It's why I love to play chess and one of the factors that draws me to this series. I was even able to predict what Lelouch had planned with the kidnapping of TainZi, just from watching how he was acting when he abducted her. the only part I was off on was I thought he'd let XingKu save TainZi to make him a hero. Everything else I was spot on.

He did have a plan. Neutralise Tokyo and blitzkrieg it before anyone could react.

The problem was Schenziel read his hand and had 3 KoR's, the Gareths and loads of mass produced 7th generation KMF's deployed there. Even then he managed to hold them at a stalemate with his lower number of forces:

Gino and Suzaku Vs Orange and Guilford(i'm suprised they held out as well as they did)
Zero Vs Anya((and later Luciano and Valkyries) him surving this long against 2 KoR's in quick sucession and 4 elites speaks volumes about Shinkiriou)
2 Gareths Vs 2 Holy swords(The 2 HS were outmatches, although its debateable since Zero ordered them not to attack the Govenment building directly)
Todou and team Vs Gareth, Avalon and its 7th generation KMF guards.(Todou had the advantage here)

The whole point of the opeartion was to cause confusion in the enemy HQ to allow Rolo and Sayako to infiltate it to find Nunnally, save Kallen and get the Guren. Note that Lelouch had planned to recover the Guren to break the deadlock if they came across it, this is forward planning.

Then as soon as Anya got hold of him her Hadron cannon caused him to lose contact with the ikaruga and the rest of his forces turning the whole thing into one big brawl.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 05:30   Link #1219
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post

Then as soon as Anya got hold of him her Hadron cannon caused him to lose contact with the ikaruga and the rest of his forces turning the whole thing into one big brawl.
With Ougi being as useless as always I kind of think of him more and more as a mascot character for the OotBK
Guilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 05:34   Link #1220
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
With Ougi being as useless as always I kind of think of him more and more as a mascot character for the OotBK
I was thinking of adding that part but realised it was a given. I thought it was funny that Minami(the lolicon) was the one who took charge while Ougi faffed about.

Really Ougi looks to have been made as useless as Tamiki for R2. The only difference is that he's popular among the OotBK.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha