AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 04:59   Link #1541
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The beauty about that last scene, is that we weren't able to see what happened, even though the thought that comes to mind first is that she joined Age. I mean, even if we got to see any facial reaction from the grew --- then we'd know for a fact what would have happened.

Beautiful ending --- makes me laugh at the people who thought Age was going to kill our Princess (or the other way around), or something like that. :3
Old 2007-10-06, 11:56   Link #1542
Kolestarol

the ending was so good, i got kinda depressed, thinking age would be gone for good.... but he came back, kinda..... and that made me happy =]

i wonder what the song at the end was, it was like, a piano + voice only version of azurite, sounded so nice, i wonder if it's on any of the singles or smthn....

any ideas?
Kolestarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 21:50   Link #1543
CodeName MinusOne

I loved the 26th episode! It was absolutely beautiful. The best ending I've seen in awhile. Though to me it seems episode26 was an epilogue to the ending in previous episode. The previous episode ended on a much BIGGER climax. The end to the Silver conflict. The end to Yuty's Nodos going Mental. The defeat of Rome Ro and Peato O. The solving of the Golden Tribe's riddle End to all conflict and the victory of the Iron Tribe. It all ended in episode 25. The last episode just finished off all the loose ends, though it did it with alot of quality storytelling.

Anyways....Here's a possible idea for continuing the story for a season two:

If D-hime left with Age, that would leave the BakaBoys in charge of the Universe. And we all know how power hungry they can be, and how they are willing to destroy planets and commit genocide without any regret or hesitation. In essence, they can be the most evil rulers since Hitler! They do see the universe as below the Master Race which is Humanity. Which might lead to ANOTHER galactic war.

And on the other side, the twin girls have essentially become the equivalent of the Silver Tribe. They are probably THE most powerful force in the Universe if D-hime left. And we know their quick tempers and adeptness for getting into trouble.

So you could have a war between the Iron Tribe, led by the BakaBoys, trying to conquer the universe VERSUS the Silver Tribe fill ins, the twins, and their army of Bronze ant nests.

So the war would start all over.

While Moebead, B, and the Argonaut search for the last Nodos (Age) and D-hime, to come back and save humanity and the Universe...AGAIN.

And that would essentially repeat the whole story all over again.

Also... on a small observation of the last episode...Did you notice all the Foods that gathered on the shore to see the return of Age? Did you notice how the blast triggered D-hime's hederon shields?

The Foods didn't have shields....

Maybe it was a good thing we didn't see them after the blast wave hit.

Last edited by CodeName MinusOne; 2007-10-07 at 23:58. Reason: someone didn't realize I was making a joke
CodeName MinusOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 23:02   Link #1544
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeName MinusOne View Post

Also... on a small observation of the last episode...Did you notice all the Foods that gathered on the shore to see the return of Age? Did you notice how the blast triggered D-hime's hederon shields?

The Foods didn't have shields....

Maybe it was a good thing we didn't see them after the blast wave hit.
dude, it was just a shock wave of water, The foods are 9 foot tall and their babies swim in the ocean, for god sakes they are based on jellyfishes and octopus. i highly doubt a wave of water thats slightly higher than D-hime could have hurt them.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 00:25   Link #1545
firestingerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
dude, it was just a shock wave of water, The foods are 9 foot tall and their babies swim in the ocean, for god sakes they are based on jellyfishes and octopus. i highly doubt a wave of water thats slightly higher than D-hime could have hurt them.

Lol...that's a gd point there.

But didn't anyone here think that the more depressing the story gets towards end, the more we know how it's going to end? Everything went too beautifully well for me...It kinda reminds me of Eureka 7, which I think had a more profound emotional effect on me.

But on hindsight, great ending anyway. and that final part when D-hime meets age again leaves a lot of qns. to be answered in 2nd season? hope so
firestingerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 01:48   Link #1546
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

D was just using the shields from spoiling us from having some wet t-shirt fan service, the spoil sport
Old 2007-10-07, 01:49   Link #1547
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestingerx View Post
Lol...that's a gd point there.

But didn't anyone here think that the more depressing the story gets towards end, the more we know how it's going to end?
No I dont think so. Besides Heroic age was never a depressing anime o_O. Theres plenty of emo anime that just keeps getting more depressing like Air TV, saikano, etc.

p.s I hate eureka 7. Giant robots surfing sooooo lame.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2007-10-07 at 02:19.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 02:57   Link #1548
Theos

proving more definatly that D went with age to the new world ....

Its assumed that the restoration of planet Oron was Age's "one favor granted"

but after watching the series again i noticed one thing age never specficialy wishes for it or asked it as his favor. He only says " Fathers said If Age goes with you Planet Oron be restored" and Princess D merely assumes that, is he one wish.

But what if Age along with many times in the series was just predicting the future.

Espicialy in eps 6 11:30 mark. Princess D Asks if age has any other personaly favors.

Age replies " I wish to bring Dianira somwhere "

D asks "Where"

Age says "Everyone's future"

Now if you take this as what the Golden Tribe was thinking of everyone's future that of "Going" to "Outer Space"
Theos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 04:45   Link #1549
ipernorris

Besides where Deianeira and Age went I find funny one thing: at the end nobody cares about the current universe anymore. I mean the Golds left it, the Silvers left it and now the humans are the dominant race but they look forward to cross that gate sooner or later so it's not like they care about the current universe as well. For "not care" I don't mean they don't give a shit about the current universe but that they don't care to be the dominant race now and have a more important goal in mind (mastering their new powers and crossing the gate to the other universe).
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 20:02   Link #1550
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
One of the only happy endings iv seen as the summer anime season comes to a close. I had no problems with it ill take it over some of the other crap that has just ended. Age and D and together and the Galaxy is at peace thats all i wanted. I dont care what reality or other universe they are in as long as they are together. They should have taken the twins with them though i love those 2
Old 2007-10-07, 20:16   Link #1551
kes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolestarol View Post
i wonder what the song at the end was, it was like, a piano + voice only version of azurite, sounded so nice, i wonder if it's on any of the singles or smthn....
any ideas?
The song is Azurite ~True grace~. It is on Tae Urakabe Mini album. The PV is included in the limited edition CD.
kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 22:06   Link #1552
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

ah....i only have the full ending version

at any rate, i just finished Heroic Age, expected Age to be alive but that funeral still hit me pretty hard @_@ they did a good job there.

The ending was pretty good, similar to Eureka Seven, if i had to draw comparsion between the two HA is like a shorten and more philosophical version of Eureka SeveN, which i also like(aside from the annoying surfing robots, which Heroic Age counters with five robot-like creatures which are equally annoying tbh)

Overall i think the series deserves some love, at least a 7.5
Old 2007-10-11, 22:33   Link #1553
finalnight
Supreme Commander

I view that D went with Age back to the other side for 3 reasons:

1. Age did not touch down on the planet, he stayed near the portal and summoned HER.
2. D displayed forward and upward momentum at the end as if she was going into the portal and her arm looked like it was being pulled, plus she transformed/evolved into her old form.
3. The portal vanished AFTER they made contact with each other, whereas if Age was staying why wouldn't the portal have vanished as soon as he arrived.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:40   Link #1554
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
since Heroic Age is end my life is kinda empty atm T_T , so which anime that you guy migrate to? Since we have the same taste in anime so hopefully I can get some decent advice, ty

Overall HA is a 7.7 round to 8, cool space battle and decent ending, so sad to see it go
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 06:25   Link #1555
DieH@rd

I just watched last episode, and it was great.

I hope someday they will make some kind of sequel...
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 06:30   Link #1556
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieH@rd View Post
I hope someday they will make some kind of sequel...
Beach episode?
Old 2007-10-12, 15:11   Link #1557
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
I view that D went with Age back to the other side for 3 reasons:

1. Age did not touch down on the planet, he stayed near the portal and summoned HER.
2. D displayed forward and upward momentum at the end as if she was going into the portal and her arm looked like it was being pulled, plus she transformed/evolved into her old form.
3. The portal vanished AFTER they made contact with each other, whereas if Age was staying why wouldn't the portal have vanished as soon as he arrived.
Hmmm but you forget one thing. Those portals may just be a one way ticket. The first portal is a one way. What makes you think the second one is different?
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 17:43   Link #1558
jpwong

We don't actually know that the portal is one way only, I mean the door to your house is a two way door, but you close it after you come in, you don't leave it open for days because someone might come.

Since we don't know what happenned on the other side of the gate, it's impossible to say anything. And because the ending was left so open, you can interpret it anyway you feel like.
Old 2007-10-13, 03:11   Link #1559
jzmagic
flargansbog

I thought it was strange they didn't show Age's face at all.. kind of feels like he's not really alive or something
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 09:49   Link #1560
ipernorris

Well we can ask to the Gold Tribe.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction