AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-20, 13:31   Link #61
Maelstrom_Divide
N/A

ZOMG, Malo is the man

Near is an interesting character, he seems to be a colder version of L, which is evident by the fact that he is the first person to visibly scare Light and have him thinking so irrationally since L, as it's not exactly rational to consider killing your sister.

I thought it was a nice gesture by the fan subbers to put the tribute to Virginia-Tech into the opening, kudos to them.

I'll be very interested in next weeks episode.

Barry
Old 2007-04-20, 13:37   Link #62
Z0Rr0rex

Both of them are nothing like L(He is insurpassable anyways). They are totally different characters in their own way. Near faces everything as a challenge, another jig-saw puzzle. He puts the pieces of the plot together, and deducts the best thing to do.

Melo gets right to the point. He is relentless, and will do anything to get what he wants. If he has to extort, he'll extort. If he has to kill, he'll most certainly kill.
Old 2007-04-20, 15:47   Link #63
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Great episode. Light really screwed up big time on this. Now Light is up against 2 brilliant minds. This should be a good battle.
I kinda like Near but still, he's no L. Oh how i miss L.
Old 2007-04-20, 16:33   Link #64
Fome

I'm am confused too, Guido.
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2007-04-20, 17:35   Link #65
Lendial

this was kinda boring , but pehraps L's death ep spoiled me. hopefuly it gets clever soon.
Old 2007-04-20, 17:55   Link #66
akoftroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Perhaps he felt that having the kidnappers possibly deduce that Kira was among the police was less risky than the kidnappers getting the names of the few people who were working on the Kira case? Unfortunately for Light, Takimura gave that information up fast! Plus he may have figured that the kidnappers already knew Kira was connected to the police, which is probably true.
Old 2007-04-20, 21:14   Link #67
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

On the topic of whether Kira will kill Sayu or not. I guess not. Light is always one which is consider both evil and good. And if Light kills Sayu, it just seems that Light is just pure evil and nothing else. Anyway, I didn't read any of the manga, I only saw the covers (lol) of them, so that's just my guess.
Old 2007-04-21, 21:26   Link #68
Anime5

i though of Light to be evil from the start cause even if they are criminals who is he to say that he should be the God of this world n who is he to say who should die n who should live? n also the amount of innocent people he killed too?the FBI agents ray penbar n his soon to be wife there,he`s lost his sanity plain n simple he`s too attached to the note n completley lost it, but in regards to this episode i think it was pretty cool with the whole intro with Melo n Near but i sure hope that Near is as cool as L,L was not only smart but he was a cool calm funny character hopefully Near will be just as good
Old 2007-04-22, 05:42   Link #69
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

ive read the manga and all.... & i know its not true.... but wholy F!!!! near's a girl!!!! i mean just listen to that voice, he sounds like my sister!!!!
Old 2007-04-22, 05:51   Link #70
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Light's ultimate aim is to have 100% of the world's population adhere to his way of life, and 4 years is a bit short to achieve that. Being a God is tougher than it seems, a politician would achieve just as much/little (depends on your perspective) in 4 years (i.e. he may make drastic changes, but not enough to shift public opinion, rather, he has polarized it).

Besides, the narrative already explained that the pro-Kira people are starting to enter the mainstream opinion within these 4 years, and the world was sundered into pro-Kira and anti-Kira.
Of course he wouldn't be able to achieve it all in over a mere 4 years. But it doesn't look like anything's happened at all, Light's and Misa's relationship seems to be exactly the same as before as well.
And the divide between pro- and anti-Kira people already was there at the beginning, somewhere around the 2nd/3rd episode. Maybe the pro- ones predominate now but other than that everything seems the same.
Might just be me, since so much happpened in such a short period of time when L was alive it just feels awkward having no major incidents for 4 years.
Old 2007-04-22, 07:11   Link #71
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

At least, with Mello's voice, there won't be any debate about his gender...
Old 2007-04-23, 00:23   Link #72
SinsI

...which means it was a wrong choice of VA.
Old 2007-04-23, 23:00   Link #73
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Spoiler for Question:
Light is really getting slack after L is gone. His brain probably rusted.
Old 2007-04-24, 05:18   Link #74
Draender

Quote:
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-24, 13:50   Link #75
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Light is really getting slack after L is gone. His brain probably rusted.
Yep the mental equivalent for not physically exercising and being a couch potato for 4 long years ... can't really blame Light though as he did not have the necessary competition to keep him sharp after L got DNed...
Old 2007-04-24, 14:03   Link #76
Arkwright

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the world at large still think Kira only kills with heart attacks? I don't think even those in the US who know about the Death Note know about that.

So Light killed the director because he assumed they wouldn't guess Kira could kill with suicide. It's not the first time he's made a calculated risk and had it backfire (killing Lind. L Tailor, Raye Penber, Misa phone call, and whatever else). He just happens to have allies to bail him out.
Old 2007-05-03, 14:14   Link #77
eez

Figured I'd make my first post here an upbeat one with a little praise on the episode! Kidding.. but seriously, the episode was good but a few things stood out..

Also, as some others have said, 'M' and 'N''s voice acting.. doesn't seem as fitting as the rest of the cast has been? I dunno. Lastly, the new music that appears to debut in the episode seemed.. erm.. not as good as the normal soundtrack.

Otherwise, it was good
Closed Thread