AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 42 23.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 32.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 29.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 11.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-14, 23:10   Link #221
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
The little girl is the one giving orders, i think you need to loo the chapter better ^
Old 2007-07-14, 23:39   Link #222
EasyPrey

I don't know how many people noticed. But this episode had the first "high pitch school girl" voice in this series.

There was a girl and a boy talking about the statue of the twin goddesses (Clare and Tressa). Listen to the girl talk. You will know what I mean.

In fairness the girl (talking to her brother about the statue), was fairly young. So I guess the voice acting was appropriate. That high pitch voice always hurts my ears and I was hoping the Claymore would never introduce a character with that voice.

The voice acting of the guy Rubel was talking to (one sitting in the chair) was also above par for this genre of Anime. I was not impressed with the voice acting of the "big awaken guy, that was taking rods out of his shoulder". That was cartoon network quality of voice acting.

Anyway, they showed Galatea, but she did not speak. She is in the preview, so I hope we will get some Galatea speaking goodness next week.

All in all, not a bad episode. Every episode since Tressa had her head chopped of, has been an excellent episode and made me wait for the next week's episode.

-EasyPrey
Old 2007-07-14, 23:46   Link #223
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I think awaken ones can change their appearance just like yoma does. They can change their appearance completely and blend in among humans. We have seen these in at least one male and one female awaken ones from previous ep.

I think Dauf is yoma because there is no evidence indicating no yoma can be that powerful.

Besides, from Clare's situation (quarter yoma), we know that having thicker yoma blood does make a difference. It seems proportional, which means, a yoma has full power (100%) while a human being has zero power. Any Claremore or awaken being lies somewhere in between.

Also, even awaken beings have different power levels just that the really powerful ones, like Priscilla, are rare. That mean there are really insanely powerful yoma exist somewhere. We just don't see them yet. So if you mix one yoma blood from that with one very weak human, you can get a very powerful claymore because she inherits such strong yoma blood. If that human being has very good potential to begins with, she will be exceptionally good even if she is only a mix with poor yoma blood.

All speculations.
Consider this fact. There are no Claymore hunter teams for Yoma. They are required for Awakened Beings, with some exceptions.

Every single Yoma we've seen so far has been taken care of by a single Claymore. You can't argue those Yoma weren't 100% without going into details about what a 100% Yoma would actually entail.

All the Yoma we've seen also share a similar appearance.

Only Awakened Beings have been shown to have unique appearances.

All signs point to the guy being an Awakened Being.
Old 2007-07-15, 03:36   Link #224
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I wonder who the little girl is... I am assuming she is an awakened and a powerful one to boot as she controls Duff who seems rather strong. Well that is unless she has a special power to control yoma, maybe she is a yoma queen or something... ofc Duff could just be a submissive lolicon but I guess her age has nothing to do with it as Irene did say that they stopped ageing when they become Claymores...
Old 2007-07-15, 03:41   Link #225
Seska

Offtopic.

Speculate, this is the blood for this thread. That keeps it alive.

Back to topic.

We, will see what this girl is really about in the next episode or near future
Old 2007-07-15, 03:51   Link #226
grey_moon

Well from this episode we see that awakened are able to work together (what a frightening thought). The girl wanted to make strong friends who are awakened. She controls a male awakened (or a very ugly female) who is really strong. I think that she confident she can "make friends" with a single digit awakened because she has some power over them, or she is stronger then a single digit awakened....

She seems to have a aura about her which says she could kick arse without batting an eye...

Now why would she want to collect more awakened for? Is she planning to assault the org and rule the world? More importantly if awakened are able to work together why arent they already ruling the world with outlets that make McNuggets out of people? So many questions, can't wait till the next episode....

I wonder could she be Priscilla in disguise?
Old 2007-07-15, 04:03   Link #227
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I wonder could she be Priscilla in disguise?
Oh oh..What might have we here? Wait an see....wait an see.
Old 2007-07-15, 04:17   Link #228
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Oh oh..What might have we here? Wait an see....wait an see.
Hee hee well so far most of my predictions have been sooooooooooooooooo wrong
Old 2007-07-15, 04:46   Link #229
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Just finished whole Claymore series until 15. Love it.

I think Awaken ones are special because human intelligence and other traits cause the Yoma power to expand something unmatched by an ordinary Yoma. We saw that Priscilla became #1 of the Awaken Ones through her desire to beat Teresa. I guess human emotions takes the Yoki power to another level, and the Awaken ones are created.

It seemed that the Claymores has zero fear of actual Yoma, but they need teams to hunt Awaken Ones. Which is ironic because they were all ex-Claymores. They are the source of their own biggest enemy.

We see more of the head of the Organization, and they seemed to be all shadowy MEN. Boy I hate that. All these female fighters controlled by greedy, selfish, and most likely sexist men. I hope Clare kills them all.
Old 2007-07-15, 09:10   Link #230
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
We see more of the head of the Organization, and they seemed to be all shadowy MEN. Boy I hate that. All these female fighters controlled by greedy, selfish, and most likely sexist men.
I think they might have a job for me!

Quote:
I hope Clare kills them all.
Nevermind, I see the retirementplans suck

Old 2007-07-15, 21:34   Link #231
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
We saw that Priscilla became #1 of the Awaken Ones through her desire to beat Teresa.
Where did it state that Priscilla is no. 1 of the awaken ones?
Old 2007-07-15, 21:58   Link #232
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Where did it state that Priscilla is no. 1 of the awaken ones?
Wait I'm pretty sure this is in the anime because I wrote this before I read the manga... There was a discussion about how powerful Priscilla was and it was stated that she's probably the tops. I'm sorry if this is a spoiler, but I'm almost positive it was already in the anime.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-15 at 22:27.
Old 2007-07-15, 22:29   Link #233
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It was probably just someone speculating that Priscilla should be amongst the strongest of the Awakened Ones because she awoke the potential which would have mader her even stronger than Theresa.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-15, 23:33   Link #234
Lendial

since clares mission is to slice off her head, id wager priscila is among one of the strongest awakened if not the most awakened currently shown.

she was able to effortly kill claymores ranks 2 to 4, as well as the potential aspect mentioned above.
Old 2007-07-16, 02:33   Link #235
saravis

Didn't Rubel tell Clare that Priscilla was the strongest. It was during the conversation where they were talking about if a contract for Priscilla came in they would have to way the entire organization against her.
Old 2007-07-16, 02:52   Link #236
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Didn't Rubel tell Clare that Priscilla was the strongest. It was during the conversation where they were talking about if a contract for Priscilla came in they would have to way the entire organization against her.
Yes, that's where I heard it... it was one of their "fireside chats". I've always felt that Priscilla MUST be one of the strongest if not the strongest Awaken Ones out there because the ease in which she killed Teresa.
Old 2007-07-16, 03:11   Link #237
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

I'm positive. What Rubel said at that time was that Priscilla was for sure amongst the strongest of the awakened beings, he didn't actually say the strongest.

He used the terme "ikkyuu" which means "first level/grade", but not "n°1"
Old 2007-07-16, 05:58   Link #238
ArmisaelXVIII

In the anime:

Rubel: "Even among awakened being, Priscilla is among the strongest."

In the manga:

Spoiler for The Slasher I (Volume 5 pag 116):

Though theses are only translations.
Old 2007-07-16, 13:57   Link #239
Echoes

That's very interesting, although I think we should rely on the anime's information first, seeing as how it might very well differ from the manga plot in any event.

Priscilla being the strongest Awakened One seems very likely, though, since we were told she had the potential to become Number 1 and surpass Teresa.

Surely the Number 1 Claymore would become the strongest Awakened One?
There is the question of whether or not she could continue to grow stronger after she Awoke, or if she's "stuck" at the level she was when she experienced her Awakening.

Edit: Guess we're sort of off-topic as far as episode 15 goes. The ending sure left me hanging, so much tension, a classical *calm before the storm* moment.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:09   Link #240
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

The english version of the manga used the term "superb" to describe awakened Priscilla. It could be interpreted as meaning she's the strongest of all, or to mean she's amongst the strongest, like in the top five.