AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-01-02, 06:27   Link #321
VooXoo

MC here treats slaves well, but still makes them work around and put at risk in dungeon.
Doesn't make them eat on the ground or wear potato sacks because of old world values and the logical thinking that you must treat your belongings with care.
Other people in this isekai probably use slave in the stereotypical way, but is unlikely that many paid for them as much as MC did, like a donkey VS a Ferrari.
I doubt the revised LN is the same as the WN, the author filled a lot of pages with MC thinking on something for a very long time, going in loops and/or in the end scrapping decisions, even with the dungeon diving it was the same stuff for some chapters.
The WN plot is decent, but I don't think it would be well received from paying customers.
A full retranslation of this story would be asking too much, the best would be if the translator that continues it(hoping is the same) makes a summary of the changes in the rewritten volumes and then continues from the point where the WN stopped.
MC had a slave of every race but human, wonder if anything will change, I'm still hoping that the sex job evolution makes him able to crossbreed.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-02, 14:15   Link #322
kari-no-sugata II

I don't have a problem with the concept of this series. No reason not to have a series where the MC clearly sets out to create a slave harem - it clearly "does what it says on the tin", so if you're not interested in such things it's easy enough to simply avoid it.

If anything, I find the MC quite rational and straight-forward, if plain. The problems I have with the series are more the quality of the implementation - eg overall quality of writing, characterisation, plot, etc. It's also a bit too "easy mode" for my liking but that's just my preference.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 09:18   Link #323
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
MC here treats slaves well, but still makes them work around and put at risk in dungeon.
Doesn't make them eat on the ground or wear potato sacks because of old world values and the logical thinking that you must treat your belongings with care.
Other people in this isekai probably use slave in the stereotypical way, but is unlikely that many paid for them as much as MC did, like a donkey VS a Ferrari.
I doubt the revised LN is the same as the WN, the author filled a lot of pages with MC thinking on something for a very long time, going in loops and/or in the end scrapping decisions, even with the dungeon diving it was the same stuff for some chapters.
The WN plot is decent, but I don't think it would be well received from paying customers.
A full retranslation of this story would be asking too much, the best would be if the translator that continues it(hoping is the same) makes a summary of the changes in the rewritten volumes and then continues from the point where the WN stopped.
MC had a slave of every race but human, wonder if anything will change, I'm still hoping that the sex job evolution makes him able to crossbreed.

Actually, slaves have basic human rights in this story. Abusing a slave is illegal. And you can't have sexual relations with them unless they checked off that box when they went into slavery or they consent at the time.

This isn't to say people don't abuse slaves, but it's illegal and is punishable by law.

Hell, in that world its far better to be a slave than a thief. Thieves aren't considered even human. You wanna abuse a thief? go right ahead. People might think you have bad hobbies, but no one's gonna cry over a thief's suffering.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 11:03   Link #324
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Eh? You don't have to care about other people in this story, everyone else are literally NPCs
MC doesn't interact with anyone but shopkeepers
Also that discount skill works
Buy Sell 30% or something
Activate skill and the shopkeepers just "Okay"
Fricking NPCs
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 18:30   Link #325
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Eh? You don't have to care about other people in this story, everyone else are literally NPCs
MC doesn't interact with anyone but shopkeepers
Also that discount skill works
Buy Sell 30% or something
Activate skill and the shopkeepers just "Okay"
Fricking NPCs
Discount only works when the person has and uses the calculate skill though. Which is why buying more than one item helps trigger it.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 18:37   Link #326
cadu_

That's what I don't like. The characthers lack personality. Even the slaves.
Old 2020-01-03, 19:56   Link #327
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
That's what I don't like. The characthers lack personality. Even the slaves.
all of the characters are just blank sheets of paper

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-03, 23:21   Link #328
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trov View Post
Discount only works when the person has and uses the calculate skill though. Which is why buying more than one item helps trigger it.
That besides the point
It's basically mind control, well, more like AI control lol~
Even for fixed price items, the discount is applied and the vendor doesn't feel anything wrong
Well, they are just NPCs
Old 2020-01-07, 05:34   Link #329
VooXoo

I don't understand if the discount is brainwashing or people with the calculation ability just trust the numbers the job gives them and don't feel something is wrong, I think that when MC bought something once and the dwarf was with him she was doing the calculation in her mind and feel the shopkeeper was wrong(I've read that chapter eons ago).
MC really had few interactions aside innkeepers and shopkeepers, the others are girls and the dungeon society(or whatever they were called).
People from the first village, the knight that exchanged the bounties, used and gone.
Old 2020-01-07, 08:33   Link #330
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Taking 1 dimensional character to the next level
Err, I mean, a new low for 1 dimensional character

Last edited by wuhugm; 2020-01-07 at 09:23.
Old 2020-02-01, 05:36   Link #331
VooXoo

Just noticed a new Novel chapter was translated a couple months ago, even after this long wait is still the same MC, his internal dialogue are like when I want to change gear and party in a RPG, but taking 5 papers and more inefficent.
LN could reach WN withing the year, and maybe we'll get a bunch of chapters.
Old 2020-03-02, 08:36   Link #332
fishstick

3 manga chapters got released this past week

14.3, 14.4, and 15.1

and the cover for Sherry's introduction is out there

as for eng translated, we still at 14.2

update: 15.2 is out

I think manga is a chapter or two before Sherry's introduction

Last edited by fishstick; 2020-04-17 at 10:27.
fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 10:33   Link #333
fishstick

Sherry was just introduced in the latest manga chapter 16.1
fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 10:51   Link #334
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Took almost a year
Old 2021-03-23, 11:23   Link #335
VooXoo

Manga is taking its sweet time like the novel, but I forgive it for the art, is good as it put things in order and doesn't loop on one thing as the WN.
Possibly after all the infodump is done the story will progress faster.
Old 2021-07-21, 18:52   Link #336
VooXoo

Looks like the LN hit 11 volumes and should be very close to the WN, or even surpassed it.
The girl on the cover must be the elf.
Old 2021-07-22, 12:42   Link #337
cadu_

Volume 11 was out 7 months ago, are there any news of volume 12?
Also, where can I find illustrations of volume 11? I only found the cover.

Tags
cheat, furry, harem, level system, slave