AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-06-29, 18:03   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 23:
Old 2021-06-30, 02:25   Link #142
WingedAccelerator

If Sin is Ban, or any other Seven Deady Sin, then the easiest answer for the form would be Merlin. Maybe Arthur wanted to personally destroy the Sins, or already did something, but Merlin stepped in, and pretended that the transformation spell is the punishment, but ended up saving the Sin in reality. She looked quite fed up looking at Arthur in my opinion on the penultimate page of the chapter.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 07:45   Link #143
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So it really is Arthur. I guess he got corrupted by Chaos. I do wonder if it was also his idea to create a kingdom for only humans or if that was really from Deathpierce's influence.

Also, what the heck is Merlin doing there? Why isn't she helping Meliodas? Ironside and the other knights under Arthur want to seal Meliodas away, so shouldn't she helping him and not Arthur? What happened? So many questions.

Edit: If Merlin is pretending to be on Arthur's side then I guess that's fine. But I still need more answers.
Old 2021-07-01, 12:13   Link #144
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 23:
Yeah, that.... wasn't exactly subtle, was it? Still, that leaves the question of whether that's the true Arthur, or Deathpierce masquerading as him. Part of me kinda wants to lean toward the latter, but then that the begs the question of why he has Merlin at his side? We know she's quite loyal to Arthur, so Deathpierce would have to hold some pretty damn strong leverage over her to force her to serve him. And the only way I can see him accomplishing THAT is if he learned how to control Chaos. But could he have really mastered such a power over the past 16 years....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 12:46   Link #145
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Him blatantly naming himself Arthur Pendragon makes me think it's just about impossible for him to be the real Arthur. It's got to be impersonation or possession.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 18:47   Link #146
marvelB

BTW, almost forgot to point out that Donnie holding on to the Chaos dragon piece of the coffin pretty much guarantees it will eventually be returned to Mel. I wonder who will craft a new blade for the hilt, though? I mean, I doubt it would be much of a sword if it's just a handle!
Old 2021-07-03, 18:31   Link #147
DragonOsman
Dragon King

By the way, it's Chapter 22 so why are you guys calling it Chapter 23? Chapter 23 isn't out yet is it?

@Anh_Minh: If it's possession, I wonder if we can say Chaos is possessing him. Since he's probably been corrupted by Chaos.
Old 2021-07-03, 18:37   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just made a mistake, don't read too much into it.
Old 2021-07-06, 10:33   Link #149
marvelB

Well dang, as it turns out.... THE SERIES IS ON BREAK THIS WEEK! The magazine forgot to mention it, but the author did on his blog. Rather unfortunate, but it is what it is. On a lighter note, the new NNT movie is out this week, and some details on the plot came out.... which I posted about in the respective series' thread! So at least there's still some stuff to discuss until the new chapter hits next week!
Old 2021-07-13, 09:20   Link #150
marvelB

And now a bump for an early translated chapter! So, it's confirmed that Arthur seeks to destroy Liones, after all. Not only that, he wishes to create an eternal kingdom for mankind alone! And his next step to achieving that ambition is to task Ironside with..... searching for his bride???

Meanwhile, back in Sistana, Percy's group chat with Anne's father. We learn that his wife was also a holy knight under the service of King Arthur! However, it seems implied that the Ironside she knew was completely different from the current one. Soon, Anne shows up, and makes it clear to her father that she intends to become a holy knight herself! Surprisingly, she has his blessing to set off on her journey.... just as long as she doesn't travel alone. So yep, Anne is officially a part of Percy's gang now!

Anyways, quite a bit to take from this chapter. Curiously, Merlin's been silent the whole time she's been by Arthur's side so far. Speaking of, I'm also still unsure if this is the real Arthur.... but if it is, I'm still leaning towards him having been corrupted by Chaos. He also mentions enemies who have "Vision", which was the future sight ability that Bartra had in NNT. Is the former king of Liones still alive at this time, or did someone else inherit the power? And as far as the bridal search goes, I guess that means Arthur's sending Ironside to fetch him Guinevere? She's the one best known as Camelot's queen in the actual lore, after all.....

And after learning about Anne's mother, I'm all the more curious about Ironside's earlier attitude regarding female holy knights. Perhaps he witnessed a traumatic event involving Anne's mother, which disillusioned him from the idea of women becoming knights? If so, then it's up to Anne to prove him wrong in the future, I think. And I also see that Sin was being pretty evasive about the forces that drove away those monsters. Wonder when he'll finally reveal the truth behind that....?
Old 2021-07-13, 09:58   Link #151
WingedAccelerator

Arthur just can't wait to get cucked by Lancelot.

Ugh, Anne had some Elaine faces here and there. Her new hair design is not for my liking.

Back to the Deathpierce theory, I think it's time to let it go. Everything goes against it at this point. Place, power, persons. Also, it's one thing to build a kingdom for only humans because of the tragic experiences he went through, and it's another to actively discriminate against other races outside of your kingdom on a daily basis.

As for Merlin, she probably has to endure it, as what happened to Ironside is not the first time Arthur asserts dominance. She has the responsibility to see this through, but not the power, so she is kind of cornered to play obedient, but it probably frustrates her a lot.
Old 2021-07-17, 12:15   Link #152
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm kind of with Marvel on this one about Arthur, but I'm leaning more toward him having been corrupted by Chaos.

@WingedAccelerator: Agreed about Merlin. I wonder if she regrets going with Arthur.

If Nakaba chooses to go the same route as the original legend here with Arthur, Lancelot and Guinevere, then yeah, Arthur's jus asking to get cucked by Lancelot here. And is the Lancelot in this series Ban's son? So that would mean Ban's son will cuck Arthur?
Old 2021-07-20, 11:03   Link #153
marvelB

Another week, another early translated chapter! This one was a bit uneventful, though. Basically, Percy's group make travel plans, and Anne (who brought a goofy-looking horse with her,) tries to establish herself as the group's leader. Turns out she's pretty interested in meeting Meliodas, as well. At the end of the chapter, we see another familiar face from NNT drinking at a bar: Captain of the Liones holy knight corps, Howzer....!!!!

But back to Anne, I do admit to being a bit curious as to how she'll react when she finds out Mel bears no resemblance to his bounty poster!
Old 2021-07-20, 18:53   Link #154
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Poor Howzer. Must be tough when your best buds are living that maritial bliss

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 07:26   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sin's eyes and his threat reminded me of Ban. I'd be really surprised if he isn't him.

Anne was funny in this chapter. She doesn't know how old Percival is, does she? She must assume he's a kid. Maybe he'll get to take a bath with her and fondle much bigger boobs this time.
Old 2021-07-21, 15:25   Link #156
WingedAccelerator

Anne: "Is this a pigeon?"
Also Anne: "Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!"

Pretty amusing chapter. When the female destroys the bro gang hierarchy in 5 minutes after joining.

My only issue with Sin being Ban is that the surprise twist needs Ban calling himself something else to work in the first place. Making a backstory for the transformation is easy. For example, Merlin did it to hide Ban from Arthur. The rest is Ban keeping quiet about his real identity, so when the transformation is undone, we could all act surprised that who could have seen it coming?!

Poor Howzer got robbed. If we follow the pattern, his ship should have been Elizabeth, but she just had to be a reincarnation of the Goddess Elizabeth from ages ago and Meliodas' love interest. Then Diane also got taken by King. No wonder if he is pissed and became a drunkard after hearing Gilthunder and Griamore talk about smashing Liones princesses 24/7.
Jokes aside, I think he will be Donny's uncle.
Old 2021-07-21, 18:36   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Poor Howzer got robbed. If we follow the pattern, his ship should have been Elizabeth, but she just had to be a reincarnation of the Goddess Elizabeth from ages ago and Meliodas' love interest. Then Diane also got taken by King. No wonder if he is pissed and became a drunkard after hearing Gilthunder and Griamore talk about smashing Liones princesses 24/7.
Jokes aside, I think he will be Donny's uncle.
But at least he became captain!

Probably because the other two became princes instead.
Old 2021-07-21, 19:10   Link #158
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Anne does think Percy's a kid, hopefully she'll learn the truth soon.

And yeah, man, how will she react when she finds out that Meliodas doesn't look like his Wanted poster? It'll probably a callback to the time Elizabeth learned about that.

And I wonder if they know that Meliodas is a demon.

Also I say Sin should be the leader. He needs to hell her that and also tell her to shut up and follow him. Although the fact that he seems to keep lying is worrisome--he can't get her to trust him if he keeps lying.
Old 2021-07-22, 04:59   Link #159
WingedAccelerator

Speaking of Percival's height, he is 150 cm. That's considered small for an adult male, but the perspective makes him a lot shorter, where you could argue it's easy to mistake him for a kid. Nasiens is 163 cm just for comparison. But when you look at the bath with Elva, you could say Elva is at least 180 cm, which is probably not the case, but the joke has to go on.
Old 2021-07-27, 10:19   Link #160
marvelB

So once again, the English version is out before the raw! Again, the chapter's a little on the uneventful side, but amusing nonetheless: Percy's group explore the new town, Anne basically controls most of their money (she's reminding me more of One Piece's Nami at this point, ), and we indeed get confirmation that Howzer is Donnie's uncle (spot-on guess, WingedAccelerator!). However, at the end of the chapter, trouble seems to be brewing.... and I don't think these guys are Arthur's knights this time around. They seem more like regular thugs/bandits to me....

Oh, and check out that candle modeled after NNT's Boar's Hat! Man, I miss Hawk Mama....