AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-06-27, 22:18   Link #3501
justavisitor

So Tassel travelled from Egypt (pyramids) to Peru (Nazca lines) 2000 years ago...no wonder he was the chosen one
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-27, 22:44   Link #3502
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

An episode that really should be spread out instead of pouring it all into one.

As many aspects on Saber are drawn from Arturian Myths, as many guessed already, Tassel is based on Merlin.
Technically imprisoned in Wonder World after things goes haywire thanks to Storious and betting on the Chosen Ones to save the world.

I get that writers wanted to draw parallel between Storious desire of trying to put "End" to Omniscient Book with Touma's "I'm the one deciding end of this story!", but they really should coordinate how to put the build up for this beforehand. OTOH it somewhat acceptable because previously we have Dr. Maki who not really manipulator, just waiting things to fall apart so he can take over smoothly. So not every villain rarely appear have to be a scheming big brain villain; too bad, it works for Dr. Maki as he represent absent of desire compare to impulsive nature of Greeds to get their desire satisfied, not Storious.

At this point I guess magic-theme Rider will always come up with well-thought lore and world building but cursed with messed production value for whatever reason.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 07:13   Link #3503
kiak666

Our 50th Anniversary Rider:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 07:19   Link #3504
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He looks awful
Old 2021-07-21, 07:26   Link #3505
kiak666

Base form has a T-Rex motif. There's a rumour that the black thing is some kind of summon that assist Revice.

Last edited by kiak666; 2021-07-21 at 09:35.
Old 2021-07-21, 07:28   Link #3506
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Base form has a T-Rex motive. There's a rumour that the black thing is some kind of summon that assist Revice.
I assumed it was just another one of his forms.
Old 2021-07-21, 19:43   Link #3507
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, the black costume looks more like a form than an assistant monster.
Old 2021-07-21, 20:07   Link #3508
kiak666

And here's the full body shot:

Images

Apparently "Revice" are actually two Riders, the pink and blue one is called Revi, and the black one is called "Vice".

UPDATE
: And here's the cast and plot detail for Revice:

https://www.nihonhero.com/post/kamen...ally-announced

Last edited by kiak666; 2021-07-22 at 00:35.
Old 2021-07-22, 17:10   Link #3509
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That sounds pretty good. Can't wait for Saber to end.
Old 2021-07-26, 23:39   Link #3510
kiak666

Trailer for Kamen Rider Revice is out:

https://twitter.com/KRSentai/status/1419858323470389251
Old 2021-07-27, 01:42   Link #3511
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Because real men ride each other;

YouTube

Dygenguar and Aussenritter be proud of Revice now.

Old 2021-07-27, 04:08   Link #3512
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Dygenguar and Aussenritter be proud of Revice now.

His name is Aussenseiter
Old 2021-07-27, 17:03   Link #3513
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really hope Revice will be good. There hasn't been a good Kamen Rider show since Build.
Old 2021-07-27, 21:55   Link #3514
justavisitor

I quite enjoy saber so far...

The new rider...hmm...the number "50" is too obvious, and the henshin device is so plastic like ex-aid

Oh well, seeing how riders in reiwa fare, we may have also seen revice's final form already
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2021-07-31, 22:13   Link #3515
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really hope Revice will be good. There hasn't been a good Kamen Rider show since Build.
This, so much. The double awesomeness of Ex-Aid and Build was just amazing, though, for me Build is a bit above Ex-Aid overall. Really, having two great series for two consecutive years was just awesome. I remember being always excited for Sunday to come. Nothing has been on the same level since, not even Zero-One. Though, at least we got RealxTime, which for me is one of the best Kamen Rider movie, on the same level of paradise lost, AtoZ, or Heisei Final.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 05:49   Link #3516
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
This, so much. The double awesomeness of Ex-Aid and Build was just amazing, though, for me Build is a bit above Ex-Aid overall. Really, having two great series for two consecutive years was just awesome. I remember being always excited for Sunday to come. Nothing has been on the same level since, not even Zero-One. Though, at least we got RealxTime, which for me is one of the best Kamen Rider movie, on the same level of paradise lost, AtoZ, or Heisei Final.
Two consecutive great Kamen Rider shows are already difficult nowadays. And here I am lamenting that we probably will never get three consecutive great KR shows like Kuuga-Agito-Ryuki. Those three series consecutively blew away my mind considering the standard for Japanese toku TV shows that I knew at the time (the 90s) were still kiddy-oriented with generally light atmosphere after KR Black finished airing. Kuuga can be legit scary in many cases, Agito has great adult story with multiple riders and Ryuki cemented the merchandising might of the franchise without dumbing down other aspects of the show and turning it into one giant commercial. Though to be fair, my country was a bit too late in airing the holy-trinity of Ultraman shows (Tiga, Dyna, Gaia) which were already playing with the more mature tone & theme in the 90s. I first watched Tiga in 2000 even though it was originally aired in 1996, while Kuuga (2001) was already available in my local channels as early as 2002.

Funnily enough, if you count the G3-team cameo in Ryuki movie, three of those Heisei KR shows happen within the same universe before Decade & mashup movies screwed with every continuity.

That said, I know Faiz was divisive, but I personally count that as the 4th great consecutive KR show after Ryuki due to its guts & conviction in tackling the concept & theme where "monsters are people too". I don't mind the melodrama that ensues from all the misunderstandings coz even Japanese people in real life also have problems when it comes to communicating with each other. It's Blade that I consider the show where the KR franchise felt plateuing after Faiz. Generally, it's neither better nor worse than Faiz even though I always prefer Faiz coz it didn't have an episode where the monsters are just people wearing obvious werewolf masks that you can buy from convenient stores. God that episode was god-awful.

And about Revice......well.....the costumes look real cheap, man:

YouTube

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2021-08-01 at 12:03.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:10   Link #3517
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Faiz had a good concept but just horrible execution. I ended up hating it. On the other hand, I loved Blade.
Old Today, 02:15   Link #3518
iko_uwais

Studio Kai will be animating this. It's actually owned by Asatsu DK, one of the franchise's producer, so it makes sense. Further info will be announced on 3rd of August.

iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:00   Link #3519
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Why does it feels like we're gonna get Tiger and Bunny: The Masked Rider.

Consecutive good Rider series ...

For first half of Heisei its Kuuga -> Agito -> Ryuki -> Faiz to me;
Blade is a letdown IMO as the series is unfocused then suddenly we're entering destined fight for Joker seat.
Agito is the best among that four for me, I just love how it manages to combine light-hearted everyday life with mystery after gradual thriller in Kuuga.

For second half of Heisei its Double -> OOO
Bonus point for transition that somehow feels natural, from detective and librarian duo to your average joe with cynical, magical living hand.
Obviously due to Agito being my favorite of the first, my favorite among two for second half is OOO. Fourze is a letdown for me because "too anime-ish". If its an anime, it would be cool but its a live action so Gurren Lagann style of script will not translate well due to different camera works and limitation to many things (expression, setting, etc).

Old Today, 12:18   Link #3520
justavisitor

Since everyone is giving the opinion, I might join as well

For me, I like Kuuga-->Blade the best, and out of the 5, I like Agito the most. The last rider that doesn't need a toy to henshin. The drama and plot are excellent. However, I feel a little bit of letdown in the last 5 episodes of Agito (where is the ultimate boss fight??) but overall, it's still the best kamen rider show till this very day imo

Blade is good, just the mystery that what kind of dirty trick did the heart of two (human ancestor) use to win the ancient fight is enough to get you hooked . Too bad it never gets explained

W is great, and the manga is even better. Can't wait for the animated series!!!

I guess the only shows I can't stand are:
1. ghost (this is the only one I dropped in the middle)
2. Wizard (too bland) (Used to be 000, but Wizard overtakes the title of boringness by a large margin)
3. Fourze (too much forced cartoonish drama)
4. Zio (just a mess)

I like saber very much, the episode that just aired this week is amazing...building up the tension and atmosphere towards the final fight. But it seems like it will be another "level after another level, some riders will stay and sacrifice themselves so the main rider can reach the last level and finish the last boss" kind of fight, like kamen rider build XD

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu