AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-08-23, 12:39   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1058 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "New Emperor". In the ministory, Caesar begs Germa to take him with them.

-We've got bounties for the rest of the Straw-Hats! The new prices on their heads are as follows:

Quote:
Luffy: 3 billion
Zoro: 1 billion, 1,100
Nami: 366 million
Usopp: 500 million
Sanji: 1 billion, 32 million
Chopper: 1 thousand
Robin: 930 million
Franky: 394 million
Brooke: 383 million
Jinbei: 1 billion, 100 million
-We then shift focus to Buggy's new organization, Cross Guild. However, we quickly find out that Crocodile and Mihawk are supposed to be the leaders, and neither are very pleased that the clown took the credit. We learn in a brief flashback that Crocodile contacted Mihawk to suggest an alliance since the Shichibukai/warlord system was abolished. They can create a powerful organization that even the marines would think twice about messing with, especially since Mihawk was once known as the Marine Hunter. As for Buggy's role in this, Croc came to him to collect the huge debt he owed him, so in exchange, Buggy offered his own company and its services to pay him back. However, Buggy's subordinates, who misunderstood their boss' relationship with the other former warlords, printed a Cross Guild poster that featured Buggy at the front and center.... and distributed it worldwide. This led the marines to conclude that the "Genius Jester" is a big enough threat to designate him a new emperor! And so, the three former warlords' new bounties are as follows:

Quote:
Buggy: 3 billion, 189 million
Mihawk: 3 billion, 590 million
Crocodile: 1 billion, 965 million
^While Croc and Mihawk are upset at first, the latter realizes this could work in their favor, since the marines can focus on the face of the organization (buggy) while the other two can operate in the shadows. Besides, Mihawk has no interest in being an emperor, anyway. Croc agrees with this plan, while Buggy wonders what he just got himself into....

-At the end of the chapter, we return focus to the Revolutionary army's HQ in Kamabakka. All of the RA commanders bar Sabo have returned safely with Kuma, who sadly still seems to be brainwashed. Soon, they receive a call from Sabo, which is also being intercepted by the marines....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-08-25 at 13:31.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 12:47   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji has a lower bounty than not just Zoro but also Jimbe. He's never going to live this down.

Blackbeard is officially the Emperor with the lowest bounty. And Mihawk has a higher bounty than any of the current Emperors except Shanks.
Old 2022-08-23, 13:12   Link #3
Homura7

I'm looking forward to whatever Oda has in store for Chopper. With these measly numbers and the fact our reindeer still hasn't gotten his crewmate number, you can tell is going to be something big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji has a lower bounty than not just Zoro but also Jimbe. He's never going to live this down.
It's payback time.

YouTube

Quote:
Blackbeard is officially the Emperor with the lowest bounty.
Just like old times, when Luffy & Buggy already had bounties on their heads and Blackbeard used to be a nobody.

Mihawk being known as the Marine Hunter is so fitting when you remember Zoro is known as the Pirate Hunter. Bet Buggy's idea to put bounties on notorious marines came from him.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 14:39   Link #4
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers, I would have liked that Luffy, kid and Law had a more epic farewell (a page for them or page color or something like that) but I guess we will have to settle for the farewell of the last chapter. The bounties are revealed, and while most of them seem fine to me, why do Zoro and Sanji still have lower bounties than King and Queen even though they defeated them? And the bounty of the former Shichibukai was revealed (at least Buggy doesn't have a higher bounty than Mihawk), so expect more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-24, 07:24   Link #5
Rainbowman

So basically Buggy was made into an emperor by luck based on an assumption by the marines. Quite a gross level of ineptitude those marines have. 👎🏻
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-24, 08:53   Link #6
Homura7

Not really when you remember Buggy's background and his connections.
Old 2022-08-24, 19:05   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The full summary is out.

It plays out like a joke but Jimbe feels Nami has CoC. Jimbe isn't the type to make that sort of mistake, will need to look at the drawings to be sure. Not to mention, Zoro having CoC starting as a joke too, yet here we are.

Sanji is predictably really down about his bounty being lower than not just Zoro's but also Jimbe's. Zoro of course rubs salt on the wound and mocks him for being "number 4".

Buggy proved to be a total fraud once again. He isn't even the brains behind the operation, Cross Guild was Crocodile's idea, and it's only because of Buggy's dedicated subordinates that he ended up stealing the spotlight on the poster. Both Crocodile and Mihawk were so mad about it they wanted to kill him on the spot.

I have feeling the reason Mihawk's bounty is so high isn't just that he's the strongest swordsman in the world (bounties aren't supposed to be about power levels in the first place), but that he once killed an Admiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So basically Buggy was made into an emperor by luck based on an assumption by the marines. Quite a gross level of ineptitude those marines have. 👎🏻
Chopper's bounty being at 1000 berries should tell you all you need to know about their information network. How have they not found out he's not a pet yet?
Old 2022-08-25, 09:16   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Always lovely to see Zoro vs Sanji. This time, fighting over the bounty.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-25, 12:54   Link #9
Homura7

Quote:
It plays out like a joke but Jimbe feels Nami has CoC. Jimbe isn't the type to make that sort of mistake, will need to look at the drawings to be sure. Not to mention, Zoro having CoC starting as a joke too, yet here we are.
https://ibb.co/NCYbSG3

'Jokes are the deepest lore', as they say. With how Nami developed in Wano, she actually having CoC is not out of the realm of possibility.
Old 2022-08-25, 13:24   Link #10
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Okay, Buggy's bounty and the running gag fair enough. But I think Crocodile's bounty is way too high.
Old 2022-08-25, 13:50   Link #11
marvelB

Okay, OP updated! Heh, I like that Usopp's bounty is now the same one Doflamingo placed on him at Dressrosa. Nice of it to be made "official" now. Franky's poster being the Sunny is.... odd, to say the least. Maybe the marines think that as a cyborg he transforms into the ship or something? And poor Sanji, getting placed at #4.... well, at least he's over a billion, now. But hey, it seems the most important thing to note is that Nami may possess CoC, after all!

On the Buggy side, I think it would be pretty interesting if more former warlords joined Cross Guild. Not all of them, obviously (Blackbeard is himself an emperor after all, Moria may have been forced to join him, and despite what he said last chapter, I'm pretty sure Law would rather stick by Luffy's side), but I can at least see it being possible for Hancock and Weevil to join. Both certainly have no problem targeting marines, after all. Though, I guess Weevil might be a bit of a tricky case since he's constantly getting manipulated by his mother.... though I think the promise of riches should be enough for her to be on board with joining. Weevil also kinda strikes me as being a possible good guy (and thus potential ally for Luffy) when his mother is removed from the equation though, so that might further muddy his chances of joining Cross Guild.... well, we'll see soon enough, I guess.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-25, 14:11   Link #12
Gerard07

I wish Hancock and Carrot had been reported, but at least Buggy is taking some beatings from Mihawk and Crocodile, well wait for spoilers from Sabo.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-25, 17:56   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
Okay, Buggy's bounty and the running gag fair enough. But I think Crocodile's bounty is way too high.
Crocodile's actions in Alabasta alone might have been enough to make his bounty skyrocket once it was unfrozen. 2 billion is still a lot.
Old 2022-08-25, 19:12   Link #14
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Crocodile's actions in Alabasta alone might have been enough to make his bounty skyrocket once it was unfrozen. 2 billion is still a lot.
Yeah that might add up to him being imprisoned in the 6th level of Impel Down for a reason.
Old 2022-08-25, 23:33   Link #15
Ramero

So what did I see is this:
  • It's nice to see Zoro vs Sanji again. But, this time, arguing No. 2 and 4
  • For Cross Guild, Mihawk and Crocodile agree to make Buggy a figurehead of the Cross Guild. Mihawk got no interest in being number one, and Crocodile also got no interest.
  • Somehow, Marines set up a wiretap on Kamabakka Island. It makes me curious how far wiretap den den mushi can reach.
  • In a joking way, I think Nami possesses a Punishment Haki (Mixture of Busoshoku and Haoshoku), which only works well when punishing someone, such as Luffy when Nami beats him badly for being stupid.
Old 2022-08-26, 00:24   Link #16
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Nice fun chapter with bounties. I'm not too concerned about the orderings at this point but I'm quite happy at seeing how high Zoro, Jinbe, Sanji and Robin's bounties are.

Still don't understand why Ussop's is that high nor why Franky's picture changed to the Sunny.

And its always a good time with Buggy shenanigans. Amusingly, 5 former warlords appeared in the same chapter. Still worried about Hancock though...

About Carrot:
TL;DR…
Carrot Copium Tracker
Old 2022-08-26, 01:38   Link #17
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Still don't understand why Ussop's is that high nor why Franky's picture changed to the Sunny.
Usopp got the same generic 300 million increase as everyone else. Robin's upgrade is what's odd. The Elders must be getting real scared of her now, since she's close to reaching the Rio Poneglyph.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 01:44   Link #18
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Usopp got the same generic 300 million increase as everyone else. Robin's upgrade is what's odd. The Elders must be getting real scared of her now, since she's close to reaching the Rio Poneglyph.
Ironically, Usopp's bounty is the same as when Doflamingo issue the bounty for him at Dressrosa (500 million).
Old 2022-08-26, 03:09   Link #19
patnam

so Kuma finally back to Revolutionary Army, but Sabo still nowhere to be found...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 05:17   Link #20
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Usopp got the same generic 300 million increase as everyone else.
Okay, that makes sense. Its like Dressrosa with the generic 50 million increase.